Dark Words | Teen Ink

Dark Words

By krysten SILVER, Weiser, Idaho
krysten SILVER, Weiser, Idaho

Smile now or smile later, but remember the pain you hide, will only grow greater.
*krysten*

I write poetry to explain my feelings, I could never really put my depression into words. One day I picked up a pencil and started writing. From that day forward I put all my emotions on paper. I have always been scared to let people read my poems, the things I write are deep and really depressing. Finally I got the nerve to let my best friend read my feelings and see her reaction. Scared to death at how she would react, I was shocked to hear the words she said next, "krysten you need to publish these poems! They are deep and emotional but they will touch the lives of people going through the same thing." After that day I became more comfortable with letting her read my poems. I then decided to write a poem for my boyfriend I had at the time. It took me four days to make it meet my approval. Then I let him read it. I will never forget the painful words that came next, "what is this crap? Did you write this? Throw this crap away!" It hurt so bad to hear that. I cried for days and when I stopped I decided to never write another poem again as long as I lived. It hurt so bad I had dreams that were so vivid it felt like it was happening again. I never understood why I let him keep me from what I loved most. Poetry is practically my life, why would I let someone take that from me? From this day forward I keep writing and I let my best friend read them, but one thing I will never do again is write a poem for a man that is just going to talk down on it. Dont ever let someone step between you and what you love, that one thing could be your only stronghold one day. What if you let someone take it? Where do you turn to then?

krysten SILVER said...
krysten SILVER, Weiser, Idaho

*krysten*

Yeah I agree. Your work is amazing and i totally support it. And if people cant see the beauty in your work then they are blind. Eveyone expresses their feelings in different ways, and I know it hurts when people cant except that but never let someone tell you your art isnt good enough. What matters is that its YOUR passion and YOU love to do it, nobody else even matters. I love that people like my poetry, it really means alot. Your work is AMAZING and people will see how truly beautiful it is one day. Dont ever let yourself get discouraged. =)

Kayira1991 GOLD, Dhaka, Other

I have miles to go before I sleep
If there is a will, there is a way
Nothing is impossible

I have few friends who do encourage me, but they don't share similar interests, so I really don't have any friend who could be a supporter as well as a reliable critic.

Kayira1991 GOLD, Dhaka, Other

I have miles to go before I sleep
If there is a will, there is a way
Nothing is impossible

Your article encouraged me to write about my own experience too..........neways DNT EVER GIVE UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! KEEP WRITING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kayira1991 GOLD, Dhaka, Other

I have miles to go before I sleep
If there is a will, there is a way
Nothing is impossible

I liked your article. It touched my heart. I could have given it 6 out of 5 if I could......................

Kayira1991 GOLD, Dhaka, Other

I have miles to go before I sleep
If there is a will, there is a way
Nothing is impossible

Sometimes people try to put us down. Some people play the role of " Dream Crusher".You are a talented poet and poetry is your life, don't care about the negative comments of others.

I am very much fond of art and judo and many other things, but there are some friends who try to discourage me. I have been told that judo is not for girls. And art is a waste of time. Krysten, you are lucky at least your best friend is there to support and encourage you. But I have no one to support me .

Kelli_2011 DIAMOND, Fillmore, California

this too shall pass

WOAH!!!!!!!!!! you are so good dont let a guy or anyone put you down !!! same thing happen to me but it was my sister and my mom who didnt accpect my work, and although i havent read your work yet i can tell you're a good writer by just reading this i can tell :]