"Us Girls" | Teen Ink

"Us Girls"

September 16, 2009
By jah94 BRONZE, Raleigh, North Carolina
jah94 BRONZE, Raleigh, North Carolina
3 articles 0 photos 3 comments

Why do we really think nice thoughts deep down inside, but only expel those cruel, judgmental words that we let others manipulate us into saying?

Why do we constantly want and want and want and want, when we should appreciate where our abilitiy to desire comes from: our ability to live.

Why do we dress the way we dress, revealing what we reveal, and then act defensively towards guys when they act intrusively towards us?

Why must we fix our appearances in the mornings, instead of going to school beautiful as we were born, not ugly as we awoke...

Why do we attach ourselves to guys and the idea of relationships, and then introduce ourselves as independent women?

How come we take the completely wrong route into getting people's attentions by acting out? Why don't we work towards achievement, and gain the attention we deserve?

And lastly, why do we all find ourselves guilty, but push the remorse aside and fail to mold ourselves into the women we were meant to be?

The author's comments:
I know "Us Girls" isn't the best way to title my work in terms of grammar, but it's sort of a joke. Not really, actually it's sort of supposed to be poorly titled to justify our generation of carelessness of what really matters... like speaking proper English.