"Us Girls" | Teen Ink

"Us Girls"

By jah94 BRONZE, Raleigh, North Carolina
jah94 BRONZE, Raleigh, North Carolina

Why do we really think nice thoughts deep down inside, but only expel those cruel, judgmental words that we let others manipulate us into saying?

Why do we constantly want and want and want and want, when we should appreciate where our abilitiy to desire comes from: our ability to live.

Why do we dress the way we dress, revealing what we reveal, and then act defensively towards guys when they act intrusively towards us?

Why must we fix our appearances in the mornings, instead of going to school beautiful as we were born, not ugly as we awoke...

Why do we attach ourselves to guys and the idea of relationships, and then introduce ourselves as independent women?

How come we take the completely wrong route into getting people's attentions by acting out? Why don't we work towards achievement, and gain the attention we deserve?

And lastly, why do we all find ourselves guilty, but push the remorse aside and fail to mold ourselves into the women we were meant to be?

I know "Us Girls" isn't the best way to title my work in terms of grammar, but it's sort of a joke. Not really, actually it's sort of supposed to be poorly titled to justify our generation of carelessness of what really matters... like speaking proper English.

Ale_18 BRONZE said...
Ale_18 BRONZE, Monte Vista, Colorado

A dying man needs to die, as a sleepy man needs to sleep, and there comes a time when it is wrong, as well as useless, to resist.

i like this alot. and thinking about all the questions i see that thers better things than just trying 2 impress lol u should read my work :) good work keep writing

GangsterliciousThug... BRONZE, Neptune, New Jersey

dont lose wahtt yuu kno...trying 2 figure out wahtt yuu dont kno...

lovinn this....alot...!

KaraTaylor DIAMOND, Neptune, New Jersey

"life isn't a matter of milestones, but of moments"

"experience is the name everyone gives to their mistakes."

"be as you wish to seem."

"it's better to be hated for what you are, than to be loved for what you are not."

haha yeah. well it was great! i do the same. all my pieces are true stories. except for one. parts of it are true, but then i made up more interesting things to make it a great story.

jah94 BRONZE said...
jah94 BRONZE, Raleigh, North Carolina
thank you, both! Yes, I ask myself my own questions haha and I feel like I fail too... which is what provoked this piece. I'll only write such critical pieces if they relate to me; I couldn't point out OTHER'S problems and get on my high horse. anyway, thanks again :)

KaraTaylor DIAMOND, Neptune, New Jersey

"be as you wish to seem."

hey, this is really good. i find myself able to relate and i can ask myself these questions and feel like i fail. just as a person i fail because my answers are so terrible. i wonder wny i do them.

good work :)

Hope_Princess BRONZE, Hebron, New Hampshire

"Hope sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible."

Wow, you really hit the nail on the head. Very good questions, you sure are a deep thinker!

Great job!!

jah94 BRONZE said...
jah94 BRONZE, Raleigh, North Carolina
Thank you :) Oh, I'm aware. I just wanted to have my piece pertain to all girls, because I relate 100% seeing as I am one, ha. But I appreciate your input! Good observations...

jessie-w GOLD said...
jessie-w GOLD, Winnemucca, Nevada

To lose is inconceivable. Everyone wins in some way. You just have to push forward and leave the wreckage behind.

Very true most girls will do anything to get ahead, no matter what it is. But not eveyone is like that and its not just girls. You need to remember that guys do little extra things that they try to inpress us with also you can't just say the girls theres the guys too. But it was well thought out and yoiu did a great job with it