Yourself | Teen Ink

Yourself

By todie93 BRONZE, Moreno Valley, California
todie93 BRONZE, Moreno Valley, California

dont let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game

You ever wonder why people make fun of other people? You ever thought what makes that person better than you? I believe that the only reason why people act like that is because they are insecure about themselves, they aren't happy with what they look like so they make other feel sad and insecure about themselves.I feel that people feel like they need the best to be the best we all are self conscience i guess I'm just the first to admit it. People who think that just because you don't dress a certain way are good enough they shouldn't be accepted. I wonder how the world will be if we didn't have money, cars, cloths, shoes, and more material things what will we humans have to fun of then who's feet is dirtier? If we all just learn to be our selves then maybe we wont be so segregated and have hatred toward each other. In the beginning none of that stuff existed cell phones, ipods, mp3, nothing. All there was people trying to make a better life, but its just like when racism was taking place and if you weren't a certain color you were considered low class a slave. If only people knew what it was like on the other end then maybe they wouldn't do it as much or at all.

this piece who is a voice for everyone not just kids but everyone who has been shun because they didn't have what ever it was to be accepted in life.

sweet_silent_surenity GOLD, Puyallup, Washington

"The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved- loved for ourselves or rather, loved in spite of ourselves." -Victor Hugo-

I don't know if you meant to or not, but you have stumbled upon one of the most debated age-old questions. Is human nature really good? With every question there are answers of every opinion.

The first is the negative. Some say that if killing was a legal practice, people would kill each other for even the smallest things. We would kill for different gender, race, eye color, hair color, beliefs, culture, and every other thing imaginable. Then one day, under a sad sky, there would be two people left. Both male. Both white. Both with blue eyes and the same beliefs. Both clutching their weapon, ready to strike. You think the fight would be over, but then, the right handed one would kill the left handed one. Believe it or not there are really people that are this pessimistic.

Next is the positive answer. The optimist. "Yes of course human nature is good!" This is you and me. We believe that if you took away insecurity or money, or other material possessions, everyone would be able to see that people are different that we portray ourselves to be with all these things in the way. If we could just get past it all, to who we truly are inside, then everyone would see.

Lastly, there is the realist. A mixture of the both, and probably the opinion closest to the truth. They believe that it all depends on circumstance. If someone was born into a beautiful home, with beautiful parents, and beautiful siblings, but they themselves could not compare. That person would spend their whole lives thinking they were not good enough. Even if they were better looking than the average person. Because of this they try hard to compensate for they're lack of beauty with may cup and maybe having an eating disorder. They're self-esteem issues compel them to put down others every chance they get, hoping that it will make them feel better about themselves. And it does, but only for a short time. Or if someone was abused as a child. Yelled at and beaten. That person would generally have trust issues and have a truly hard time not passing the abuse down to future generations. Any yet these same people, given different circumstance, could have been great friends, or mothers, or fathers. These same people could have had good and healthy lives. They could have been better and nicer people, something circumstance would not allow.