Why Care? | Teen Ink

Why Care?

By LostInStereo PLATINUM, Phoenixville, Pennsylvania
LostInStereo PLATINUM, Phoenixville, Pennsylvania

Friends are the family you choose.

Why fit in, when you can stand out? Why care what others think when you can be yourself? Why hold yourself back, what’s the point?
I think you should be yourself and if someone doesn’t like it than it’s their problem, not yours. Don’t be afraid to show your true colors, to be who you really are. I think if you pretend to be somebody else, then you never know who your true friends are. Which in the end you never really know who to trust. Be yourself, not what others want to see that’s not fair to you.
What’s the point in being treated like someone you’re not? Is it popularity? More friends? I can’t possibly imagine why somebody would pretend to be something they’re not.
I’m not saying you shouldn’t be popular or well liked. I’m saying if you’re popular and well liked it should be because of you. Not because they see what they want to. Don’t be afraid to let your true colors shine because you shouldn’t give a damn what others think because “Those that mind don’t matter and those that matter don’t mind.”

Monica@Roman SILVER, New Haven, Connecticut

"This too shall pass"

i like this. i like that you sound like someone who doesnt care what others think of you. and thats great. im glad you wrote this

princess6 GOLD said...
princess6 GOLD, Berwyn, Illinois

"You choose your own destiny" :)

So true. My mom always says that people can't be fake forever and their true colors will show eventually. Gr8 writing. Plz comment on my work!

alaskatrailmutt, Jefferson, Maryland
I agree with Ally25. Nice job. i said the same sorta thing in this pome I worte XD lol. Although I disagree with real friends I am myself but they are never them selfs. And they just try to use me. Anoying people. maybe it's just my age grop of people. There all like that at my school. but yes it's very anoyingand you should try to be yourself not what others want you to be. Good job i like it,

Riley141 GOLD said...
Riley141 GOLD, Yale, Michigan

" Always do right. This will gratifiy some people and astonish the rest." Mark Twain

I realy liked the first part of your artical were you question the reader. Good job.