Something to Think About | Teen Ink

Something to Think About

After watching the hit MTV show, If You Really Knew Me, I began to realize how small of a world we really live in. We are all alike in so many ways. We all face some of the same issues. Like trying to fit in or trying to pick up the pieces of our family. Most of us judge one another based on skin color, language, who you hang out with, etc. It takes alot more than an outward appearance of someone to say that you know who they are. When in actuallity you don't. It amazes me how we can just sit there and talk someone down when we've been talked down ourselves. We don't take the time to realize that we all hurt in some way. We all have feelings that are real. We may look different from others or speak a certain way, however, that shouldn't stop us from loving one another. We should all be open minded and generous. We shouldn't just look at one side of a story. No matter what there are always two sides.

I don't know what this article will mean to some people or what you will take from it. In all honesty, I don't even know where this is going, however, I do hope that in the slightest possibilty that for those who've read this, I hope that it will inspire you to stand up and take a stand. Whether it's standing up for someone who's being bullied or getting to know someone you wouldn't hang out with. As stated before, I don't know where this article is going. I only knew that I had to write something after watching the show. It inspired me to want to be a leader and make changes, even if they are small ones. One person can make a difference. All it takes is a good belief system, people who'll listen, courage, and whole lot of love.

This is something I decided to right after watching If You Really Knew Me. Just thought I'd share my thoughts. Hope you like it. (I couldn't think of a better title, so just go with it. Lol.)