How Technology Affects our World | Teen Ink

How Technology Affects our World

By KaranAgarwal BRONZE, Centennial, Colorado
KaranAgarwal BRONZE, Centennial, Colorado

Technology is the present world. It affects people’s daily lives. Whether it inspires somebody to be the master at videogames or makes somebody a computer hacker. It has changed the generation of teenagers/young adults rapidly. It has made the generation more greedy, ignorant, and lazy. For instance, my parents did not have fancy cell phones or high-tech computers back then because it was never created. They only had a bike and ball until it was worn out. They never thru a fit for not getting what they wanted or sat at home, playing videogames for numerous hours. They would ALWAYS be outside, whether the weather was hot or cold, playing soccer or having a snowball fight with their friends. And when they didn’t want to go outside, they sat down, read a book, played cards, or even drank hot cocoa. Now a day, it’s all about getting an ipod touch or a phone with a touch screen. Soon, people will have chairs that will fly around to get a soda from the fridge so they don’t have to get their butt up and walk. Though there seems to be more negative influence of technology, there may still be some silver lining.

Technology is taking over our world. People don’t realize what it is doing. In the music industry for instance, when a new song comes out by a famous rockstar wearing a metal jacket with no shirt on and multiple piercings, people end up coming to school dressed the same way. They would say to their parents, “It’s the new style at school,” and their parents would say, “Okay wear it but, if you get in trouble don’t blame it on me.” Parents aren’t even strict anymore. If my parents even thought about doing a style like that, their parents would kill them. It’s the same thing with a rapper, if they get grills and get gold chains around their neck, so many people would do the same EXACT thing. However, music can have a positive effect on people also. It may inspire people to do what they want the most. It may also communicate important messages to the public and can also illicit emotions and memories that we always remember every time we hear a specific song.

Technology also affects the computer world and cell phone world. Individuals can now hack into other people’s lives or cyber-bully someone. You could hurt or be hurt by people over the internet or by a simple text message. You can also have unlimited access to inappropriate content no matter your age. The internet has also poisoned teenagers minds. Some people are on computer games for decades. People on “myspace” or “facebook” stay on the computer so they are updated on EVERY SINGLE THING that’s happening in other individual’s lives or are posting the daily drama. Drama is already an unnecessary problem in the world and it can now be spread over technology. You could start drama over a text message or even the internet where it will spread everywhere. On the other hand, there are some pros for internet and cell phones. They are great communication tools with family and friends. Also, with the new “3G” tool on some cell phones you can use the internet anywhere. So if you have no internet on your computer, you could just use your cell phone for whatever you need. Or if you get stranded or lost somewhere, all you have to do is pull out your cell phone for navigation. Computers and cell phones are good tools for everyone to use, but it doesn’t need to be used for the above reasons.

As discussed, there are many cons to technology, but there are some pro’s too. It could be useful for people’s lives and it could be used to hurt people’s lives. The way technology should be used is as a tool and for helpful reasons, and should not be used for hours of laziness. overall, technology influences every aspect of people’s lives.

This piece was a class assignment for my language arts class.

oluchi said...
thanks 2 technology,we wouldn't even have a pen or paper,so 4get about negativity.u know what is good 4 ur self do it......

tinaliciouse said...
tinaliciouse,
without technology you cant even have clothes with a zip cos a zip is also simple technology...

Anjunior said...
I don't get it teenagers use their phones es but we are not lazy n we can better than anyone else in society just challenge is!!!!!

nattie.jean said...
nattie.jean,
I agree that technology is making us greedy, ignorant, and lazy. We could easily take some steps to go get a soda out of the fridge, but we don't. Instead of studying we are on facebook or instagram. We also have acquired a avaricious manner, needy, greedy relationship with our tech.

Priya said...
It,s really appreciate able , tooooo good

Priya said...

Kkkkkkkk said...
Much much respect

Kkkkkkkk said...
Much much respect

vlersonleku said...
vlersonleku,
yes but the people are using the technology in other aspects

Lol1234 said...
U just used technology to post this shit essay idiot!!!

Lol1234 said...

Praile said...
It was very helpful all things that you've written is right

gremlin BRONZE said...
gremlin BRONZE, Auburn, New York

Blood makes you related, Loyalty makes you family

YES technology is a major part of advancement in civilization, however i think that it is making everyone change. such as, people not being social or only relying on social media, also most things that you see on social media are fake or made up and everyone believes it. for example according to facebook I died four years ago. and now some people believe it. and last i checked im still here

anonymous said...
let's not talk about grammar and just focus on the message of this article.

Hey, I'm glad you wrote this. I always wondered what that's like and I know a few people who've experienced that. I pray Our Father in Heaven guides you through this disease, and that you'll give school and work and life another chance. And yes, moms are annoying. But when you know they care, it doesn't hurt as much. I'll keep praying for you. Dude, so just hold on to God. Here're songs
Hope in font of me-by Danny Gokey
I never lost my praise-Tremaine Hawkins
Psalm 18

Onavae said...
Onavae, Okota, Other
Technology is one of the best things to have happened to the world. People like complaining that teens these days walk around with their faces glued to phones and Ipads, etc. They be talking like we don't eat, sleep, do homework, hang out with friends, read books etc. Yeah, some of us spend too much time on the internet and stuff but come on, with a little discipline, everyone can use technology in a decent way. We have things that will make life easier, and that might make some of us lazy. But if we master using stuff like this to allow us have the opportunities to achieve more, how is that not awesome. Look, this weird thing slices veggies so I can cook this soup faster then go teach orphans on the street. And the internet does not make Teens dumb for Heaven's sake. Look at all the knowledge! The problem is that idiots are leaving the real worod and posting trash on the internet. Technology is not the problem. The problem is humans. Humans take something so beautiful and use it for bullying and destruction, making bombs, screwing up nature. Technology makes destruction easier, but it's still humans that are the direct cause. *Does not apply to nuclear reactors blowing up or chainsaws going wild. Here are the main cons of Technology. You build something useful, it screws you up.

kittylover1d said...
GO TORCH even thou no one calls u that

Faneto said...
Aaaaaaye OK tt

LIZ_J. said...
LIZ_J., ATHENS, Georgia

.

I agree. While the argument presented is valid in some aspects, it neglects to recognize the advantages that technology has presented and crisis that could have be prevented before condemning its use all together.

Nobody said...
In a way it is also helpful with communication. Some of us, me for example, have people in our lives who are long distance. Letters can be written, but if that person needs the message today, a phone or computer can help.