Our World Has Become Trash | Teen Ink

Our World Has Become Trash

January 27, 2011
By OneProzacADay PLATINUM, State College, Pennsylvania
OneProzacADay PLATINUM, State College, Pennsylvania
37 articles 0 photos 58 comments

Favorite Quote:
"You are the universe expressing itself as human for a little while." -Eckhart Tolle


Our world has become trash. The streets are deadly, the air is deadly, the people are deadly. I don't understand. Some people find that drugs and alcohol help them cope with their problems. It may ease the pain, but only cause more in the end. Violence over drugs is out of control. Alcohol is out of control. We need to come up with a way for troubled people to cope before they abuse drugs or alcohol. They destroy people, their lives, and their loved ones’ lives. This chain reaction of pain and destruction needs to be stopped. That has been obvious for a while now, but no one has dealt with the issue. Sure, we send people to rehab or something, and that might help some people, but we need a support system for those who have lost theirs. People laugh at giving money to the needy, because “they’ll just go and waste it on beer.” I am not in favor of giveaways, but yes a little money is required to get someone back on their feet. Most people who say that are the ignorant rich. I understand where they are coming from, I just don’t agree. They think that the poor, homeless, alcoholic, and drug abusers are below them and aren’t worthy of their precious time. But maybe those people aren’t worthy of their luxurious lives. The scary thing is, those are the people in charge of the world. I think it’s time for that to change.


The author's comments:
i have a personal connection to this and i just always write about it...this is the only one that isn't too personal, so i can post it