Your over weight who cares you still are a good person | Teen Ink

Your over weight who cares you still are a good person

March 8, 2011
By Love-is-painful BRONZE, Phoenix, Arizona
Love-is-painful BRONZE, Phoenix, Arizona
4 articles 0 photos 13 comments

Favorite Quote:
Live what you do, do what you love, Broken hearts hurt worse than broken bones


Why do people get bullied because of their weight? Its not fair for the people being bullied. Yes it might be satisfaction for the person who is the bully. But really, what is their problem. Just because someone is overweight doesn't mean that they need to get bullied. A lot of teenagers might be overweight but some are in perfect health, just because they are fat doesn't mean that they are unhealthy. I hate it when people say "Get your fat butt out of my seat!" or other insulting things. For my personal experience no one has ever said that to me but it has happened to my friend. It is sickening to watch people get bullied for their weight. I also don't get it why people who are skinny don't get teased just the people who are overweight. One reason that i think girls that are overweight or just a little chunky get bullied because a lot of skinny girls that bully them don't have a breast, so they are jealous. But they really need to back off about that. Another reason is that maybe some people think that if they bully someone that is overweight because they want to get attention from a guy they like. But trust me most guys only care about the personality. I Try my hardest not to let people bother me when they are making fun of me but if they say something really insulting I am going to put my foot down and do something about it. Yes i have been called fat by a lot of people. But i have never heard anything that was really insulting so i just ignore them. Some of the people that get bullied don't do anything they just sit there and listen to what mean things they have to say. Then they go home and cry about it, that's what i did. But there needs to be a end to this bullying thing. So next time you are bullied because of your weight don't just sit there put a end to it go see a teacher or tell the bullies off. I am not telling you to start bulling them just say that you don't care what they say and that you are a good person. Also feel good about your self don't try to look skinny, be yourself. For example mostly all of my friends are skinny about 2 of them including me are chunky/ overweight. I don't get teased for being myself in front of my friends i don't suck in my stomach when i go out i try my hardest to not care what other people think about me. Neither should you, be confident about yourself. Even though you’re overweight doesn't mean that you are a bad person just because you like watching TV more than playing sports. When people make fun of you because of your weight just ignore them because if you tell them that are hurting your feelings that is going to make them bully you more, so just ignore them. I hope you do take my advice and stand up for yourself or do something when you are bullied. Don't sit alone hang out with people you like or you think wont bother you because of your weight.