Deepest Fear | Teen Ink

Deepest Fear

By LOST_LOV3_12 SILVER, North Zulch, Texas
LOST_LOV3_12 SILVER, North Zulch, Texas

"Don't let the world get to you. if you do, you're in for a world of pain and despair."

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond our measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine as children do. It's not just in some of us; it is in everyone. And as we let our own lights shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."
These famous words from the world known movie Coach Carter are some of the most heart-felt words I've ever heard. When we think about it, what is our deepest fear today? Do we fear being unpopular? Being unsuccessful? What about losing everyone that has ever cared? What really matters to our generation? Do we even know? It seems like all we care about is getting the newest phone that just came out, or the best clothes, or the coolest shoes, anything that is expensive. But what about our morals? Where do they stand? I see girls that are 13, 14, 15 years old and pregnant and they don't even know who their baby's father is. It's the sad truth. So I ask you again, What really and truly matters? We need to figure it out before it's too late.