Misfit Clique? | Teen Ink

Misfit Clique?

By Nicolas BRONZE, Silver Spring, Maryland
Nicolas BRONZE, Silver Spring, Maryland

"Soccer is simple. But its difficult to play simple."

We know your plight. You nerds, geeks, picked on by the popular kids. We all know what’s happening to you. And we act. But you belong to a group, a social clique that hangs out together. Sure, it’s not the ‘popular’ group, but you still have your solid friends, the constants. You know who gets overlooked in this equation? The misfits. The people, like me, who don’t really belong to any group. The people who get overlooked. These people can hang with everybody, but when it comes down to being part of a social clique, these misfits are not officially invited? Not as boneheaded as the popular group, but not as nerdy and into the same stuff as the other extreme. And the middle group sees these people as too much of one clique to accept. So what happens to these people? When it comes down to sitting at a table, or being partnered up with, they get neglected. Nobody walks over to them and asks to be there partner. They get whoever’s left. Shunted from group to group, never really belonging to anybody. Those who get picked on have it rough, but think about that other group. Next time you talk to a close friend, think of us. Think of the misfits. And include them.

Yeah, this was really well put. I enjoyed reading it...anyone in Maryland that feels this way? We can get together.

alwayssunshine PLATINUM, Charlotte, North Carolina
Wow you said this perfectly. I know what it feels like.

Proof SILVER said...
Proof SILVER, Silver Spring, Maryland

The world is yours you just have to take it

i feel the same way we should be our own group