Friendless, or Am I? | Teen Ink

Friendless, or Am I?

November 2, 2011
By onedirectionlover GOLD, Hampton, Virginia, Virginia
onedirectionlover GOLD, Hampton, Virginia, Virginia
16 articles 3 photos 37 comments

I'm sure I have friends out there somewhere. Somewhere someway someone wants me. I've moved around a lot for my 14 years of living. I was pretty good with people, until 3rd grade hit. In 2nd grade I played freeze tag at recess, in 3rd something happened. They all decided they wanted to play tetherball. I hated tetherball. Their's no point to it at all. Their's never an official winner, and you just hit a ball back and forth on a string.

At the end of 3rd grade year I discovered the swing. By 5th grade ever recess I played on the swing, and super visors had to yell at me to get off and let another kid play on them.

6th grade hit and no one really talked to me. I was invisible. In movies and books people always have that 1 friend that's their best and knows everything about.

I moved to Florida by 7th grade-hated it there. People already had friends, they didn't need me. They didn't talk to me. They were rude, and I was once gone a whole week of school-no one asked me where I went or what happened. At lunch I sat alone. On the ride home on my bike I was alone, and in class I sat along. No one wanted to talk to me.

By 8th grade, everything changed and I moved to Virginia. People wanted to know who I was, where I came from, what my backround was. People wanted to hang out with me. I only sat alone at lunch sometimes. Are these people my friends? I can walk down the hall and people will say, "hey girl," talking to me.

It starlted me at first, people were actually wanting to hang out with me. "Hey, Leanne," I turn around and their's my friend Antasia. "Oh, hi," I answer shyly. Is this what it's like to have friends?


The author's comments:
It's all true, I'm so much happier now than last year.