Death as We Know it | Teen Ink

Death as We Know it

By dannym SILVER, Round Rock, Texas
dannym SILVER, Round Rock, Texas

"It is my deepest belief that only by giving our lives can we find true life''.

Cesar E. Chavez

Most assume homicide is senseless and not humanistic. But after tasting war I realized war has its own politics and economy. The investments made in this economy are measured with bloodshed and political issues are resolved with militant stratagem.

Warfare has become deadlier; men can bleed out slowly like pigs or be obliterated in fractions of a second. It’s easy to assume killers of men don’t value life but I think life has so much value everyone wants to take it. When a life is taken it can never be returned, the ultimate cost is losing life and the ultimate honor is taking it. Killing a man is very complex you must disassemble the very fiber of his being. There are many ways to do this but the most effective method is attacking the mind. Advanced weapons decimate a person’s brain instantly just how corrupted information can drive a soldier insane. That’s why solid individuals keep their head’s low and mind’s closed when necessary.

I ponder if the world realizes homicide will plague the earth for eternity. The sun will stop rising before men stop killing each other.

I wrote this piece a long time ago when my mind was fascinated with death.