Individuality | Teen Ink

Individuality

By Good_life13 BRONZE, Latrobe, Pennsylvania
Good_life13 BRONZE, Latrobe, Pennsylvania

Anything by Marilyn Monroe, Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, and Nicholas Sparks.

Arnold Schwarzenegger, controversial actor, had once said, “The worst thing I can be is the same as everyone else. I hate that.” This quotation means that we were all born our own person, and that is all we ever need to be. I agree with this quotation 100%, because I see so many people around me trying to be like everybody else, when there is no need to do that.

Whenever I was in eighth grade, a group of girls all decided to wear the same outfits to school, and do their hair the same way. I realize that they had just thought it would be fun to do that, but it really opened my eyes to the fact that they always try to be like each other, everyday of the year. A lot of people in school are just trying to fit in, and that, unfortunately, can lead them to think that they have to be like everybody else. If you think that the only way for you to fit in at school is to dress the same as everybody else, then you are trying to get in with the wrong kind of people. After all, you came into this world an individual, you should exit the same way.

The way that I like to live my life is just the way it was intended to be lived; as an individual. I am not like anybody else, and I honestly don’t want to be. There is so much pressure to be like everybody else, especially in a teenager’s life, but we all have to resist that pressure. Honestly, what fun would it be if we were all the same? I can answer that question in these words, “The worst thing I can be is the same as everyone else.”

Eh, call it what you may.