We Desire Blood | Teen Ink

We Desire Blood

By OrenK PLATINUM, Flushing, New York
OrenK PLATINUM, Flushing, New York

"My teacher asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I said happy. She said I didn't understand the assignment. I said she didn't understand life."- John Lennon

Fighting. Why do us humans do it? The first punch thrown after a conflict will exacerbate a situation. The emotions building up in that one second consists of the ego and a slur of other evils. The evil doesn't lie in the fighter, though. This article isn't even related to the fighter. It's the observer who encourages the blood sport to commence. As the fighter has lost its contact with the power of reason, the observer is well aware of what is right and what is wrong.
High schools best exemplify this situation. The mindset a student contains during school is absolutely nothing. We deprive ourselves of thought during school because the only thing that would come to mind is the doors to our freedom. So its the sheer boredom of the student that causes excitement when a fight takes place. Its like seeing a middle-schooler discovering their first erection. The sight of watching teenagers chant and support the fight is excruciating. It makes me ponder about the future of the society I live in. You want to watch a fight? Watch the boxers on television selling themselves to entertain people from their pain. Even doing that would be animalistic behavior. It isn't natural behavior strictly because of the thought that were hurting our own people. If someone badly injured another person in a fight, that person might have experienced the end of their social life. So you kill a person inside and you physically damage them? Flesh and soul are being bruised until we all become like the ocean, the deeper we sink, the darker we become.

"Humans behave like the ocean. The deeper we sink, the darker we become. It is until we find our own source of light that we lay alone in the trenches of our mind."- Oren Koralashvili