The Value of Life | Teen Ink

The Value of Life

March 25, 2012
By OrenK PLATINUM, Flushing, New York
OrenK PLATINUM, Flushing, New York
21 articles 0 photos 12 comments

Favorite Quote:
"My teacher asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I said happy. She said I didn't understand the assignment. I said she didn't understand life."- John Lennon


Is it the values of life that bring us together? Or maybe even drive us apart? Are we able to tell these values of life? If so, is it worth leaving a place called home to capture?
A lot of people have different beliefs as to what the values in life are. Some think its money, although they don't want to seem facile, so they keep it to themselves. Some believe its school and education altogether that helps us find value. Others think its being able to find yourself and decide what you want to do with your own individual thought. Is there any value in life if you live a constant cycle? Spinning into the routine you call life, knowing what is going to happen. The thought of it devours my mind into a state of fear that only makes me hope and pray I don't become like the average person. Having been in New York City before, I have been able to catch a glimpse of people who don't look like it, but act like it. Robots. Just heading to work in their suits and ties . They walk so stiffly that its hard to imagine that they actually have a sense of thought. They have families to feed, of course, but thats why you cannot throw all the blame on them. The employers also play a role in desensitizing our right side of our brains to become so much like our left side. The creativity is lost, along with yourself. Please, a message to all of you teenagers. Never lose the kid in yourself, because thats where all the imagination derives from. Thats where the gleam of hope lies, hibernating in your souls. Just let it out.