Looking in the Mirror | Teen Ink

Looking in the Mirror

When I look in the mirror I see a girl who is funny when she wants to be, compassionate, and caring. She doesn't care what others think of her because it is her own opinoin that matters most. She is her own person with her own voice. When faced with a challenge she would never back down.

This girl is a true kid at heart, eating sugary cereals for breakfast and watching old Disney movies in her VCR when she's got the flu. This is a girl who would follow her heart wherever it would take her.

She would dance in the rain, even if it made her hair a frizzy mess, just to feel free for a moment. (The very same hair she just spent an hour straightening.)

This girl always takes the high road when faced with confrontation. She loves her family and friends and would do anything for them.

This girl comes up with impossible reading lists for herself to "broaden" her horizons. This list is full of Jane Austen novels and so many other classics it would make your head spin, even if the best book she read all year was by Dr. Seuss.

You might not know who this girl is, but I do. This girl is me.