Trampoline Basketball | Teen Ink

Trampoline Basketball

On Spring Break my sisters and mom were going to Albuquerque for three days and my dad and I had to stay home. The second day they were gone we decided to go out and play trampoline basketball. It was around 8:00 at night clear sky lots of stars and it was pretty dark out. He started with the ball because I beat him the other three games that were real close. When he shot the ball I jumped up and hit it, it was about to roll off the trampoline so I dove and grabbed the ball my dad thought it went off so he was not looking at the ball or me. Then I turned around and slammed dunked it. Now the score was 1-0. I stopped him every single time except for the second time when he shot it. What happened was he threw it so high I could not quite grab it in mid air and it went in. After the game was over he said “ it was too dark I could not see the hoop that is why I lost so bad.” I don’t know why he had trouble seeing because I could see just fine. The final score was 11-1. We both said that it was a great game and we had tons of fun!

Becky said...
I love this article! It is full of action,subtle humor and the affection between two "boys": father and son. Believe me--I can really picture these two playing ball and not cutting each other any slack in the process. Great writing Tyler! Thanks for sharing your story.

Ladybug said...
You did a great job with this. I can just see in my mind you guys out there playing ball. Love the description of the night. Keep up the good work.