Humanity Needs a Change | Teen Ink

Humanity Needs a Change

October 21, 2012
By TheCreativeMiller SILVER, Mississauga, Other
TheCreativeMiller SILVER, Mississauga, Other
9 articles 0 photos 7 comments

Favorite Quote:
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
[By the power of truth, I, while living, hαve conquered the universe] - V for Vendetta Movie

"Carpe diem, carpe noctem, carpe vitam." [Seize the day, seize the night, seize life.]


I am a realist, I see the world for what it is. No fancy facades of fantasy and frills.
I follow the rules of Buddhism that explain the few things you must do to be a decent human being.
No, I may not follow society's "norms". I am simply me.
Yes, I have my flaws, but I am still a decent human being.
When you judge someone else, you're judging a characteristic of yourself in them that you do not like.
You must look at your life instead of others, you have your own needs, wants and priorities that you must work on.
If you do not like the situation around you, do not make it worse, simply remove yourself from the situation.
We can not control the actions of the people around us, but we can control our own.
We make our own choices in life, and it is your choice to involve yourself in negativity.
It is also your choice to let the negativity consume you.
This world may not be such a great place right now, but if more people could believe in peace, love and tranquility, if we could all be decent human beings, then maybe this world would be a happier place.
If you have a problem with the way someone is acting towards you, communicate with them.
Yelling will not help, the other person will only tune you out.
Talking to everyone around them will not help either, the person you have the problem with is the only one that can help fix it.
A conflict can only be resolved by the people who started it, they have to want for it to end.
Everything is personal choice, because only you can change your fate.


The author's comments:
One morning as I was sitting outside drinking my coffee, I witnessed two people having a dispute, one of "higher class" and one of "lower class". I started to think about my own beliefs, and how witnessing that situation made me feel. I believe that society needs a change, this world is no longer humane. Everyone is so focused on others that they can not correct their own flaws to stop this negativity from happening. Look within yourself before choosing to judge other people.