My Mother is All I Need | Teen Ink

My Mother is All I Need

By AbbaDabbaDoo PLATINUM, Mountain Grove, Missouri
AbbaDabbaDoo PLATINUM, Mountain Grove, Missouri

Some folks are wise and some are otherwise. I guess we know which one you are.

She is as beautiful as a Strongylodon Macrobotrys, a beauty uncommon and without fault. Her eyes light up with a radiance to match a solar eclipse when she is happy and dull like the day dulls into a sorrowful and mysterious night when she is mournful. Yet still night is beautiful.
I need nothing more than her. Who else is all of these: mother, father, sister, brother, and friend? Who else can connect to her inner-child and yet still be an adult, someone with responsibility and skepticism and love for all.
She is quick to be offended, like all of us. She is easy to annoy, but can usually keep her temper under control. She is kind and loving, and isn’t afraid to punish us when it is right to do so. Can you find another like that? Can you find a single human being who, like her, will risk life, limb, and sanity just for you? Even if you are not her child, she would.
I pity all of you who say your mother is the best, for you grow up delusional as long as my mother is around. Your mother might be the best in your eyes, and mine the best in my eyes. Only one can be correct, but I suppose we’ll never find out with opinions being what they are. Just let it be said my mother is the one human I’ll always need, while everyone else needs their “soul mates.”

I love you, mom!