Mandela | Teen Ink

Mandela

By TrixLovegood PLATINUM, Lisboa, Other
TrixLovegood PLATINUM, Lisboa, Other

“A room without books is like a body without a soul.”
― Cicero

How can you care about someone you don’t know? Three days ago Nelson Mandela died. He was not just someone. He was probably the most important person in the world. But not because he was influential on any part of the globe. Because of his heart. Because of his courage. Because of his love and perseverance… It was an ordinary morning and I was in the bus, desperate to get to school as I had argued with an annoying friend of mine that sat next to me. When I heard on the radio that he died. I just started crying and crying…. Just the thought of he being gone opened a hole in my heart. But… Why? How? These are the two questions of the day. I remember, when I was a little girl and my grandmother told me his whole story… How he fought peacefully against apartheid and was arrested during 27 years. 27 years of his life in prison for doing the right… I remember when my grandma said: “When Nelson Mandela dies the whole world will cry” she was being metaphorical but I didn’t know so I promised myself I would cry when he died. I kept these words in my mind ever since and when it was the time… I stayed true to them. Mandela sadly left… But as long as people remember him. What he did for the world and probably humanity. He will be always present… Looking after us… And hoping we follow his best advice: “If you want to make peace with your enemy, you have to work with your enemy. Then he becomes your partner.”

This piece is inspired on Nelson Mandela- a role to follow!

TrixLovegood PLATINUM, Lisboa, Other

― Cicero

Thank you! I'm glad you enjoyed it!

Rosbife said...
Very good read.

TrixLovegood PLATINUM, Lisboa, Other

― Cicero

Thank you very much ProfessionalD! I promise you that I will continue writing, it feels like therapy to me.

Great essay, TrixLoveGood, on maybe the greatest Man. Written with passion and from the soul. Keep on writing and expressing your thoughts and feelings so beautifully.