The Santa Scam | Teen Ink

The Santa Scam

By KaelaT SILVER, Freehold, New Jersey
KaelaT SILVER, Freehold, New Jersey

“There are no great limits to growth because there are no limits of human intelligence, imagination, and wonder.”

Is it ever possible to know someone completely? You can fool yourself like that. You can whisk away your life pretending you know someone you don’t. This is even proven in the show “Who the bleep did I marry?” I have never felt more like this then when I found out that “Santa Claus” was my parents. I always thought that one day I will meet him. Most people realize this at around the age of 5 or 6 when the big kids tell them Santa isn’t real. I found out in 5th grade (I guess you can say it’s ridiculous). I was spying on my parents from our loft and I heard them making fun of how little kids still believe in Santa. I believed my parents and everything they told me because why bother lying? I had gone to my room and cried. Not because Santa wasn’t real, because I felt betrayed. You believe everything your parents tell you and then you unveil the biggest lie of all, Santa. I knew he wasn’t real, but part of me hangs on to that image. Santa had been a big part of my life with Santa trackers, countdowns, signs, reindeer food. All to make sure he stopped at my house. I would have gone downstairs and met him, face to beard, and said all my doubts, all my fears go away around the holidays. All of that senseless tradition was gone. As was part of Christmas. Christmas was never the same again. Santa Claus was another world and having him taken away changes my life. It told me not everyone tells the truth, even the people you trust. If you want to find out something find it out on your own.

I hope people will get that if you need something go and get it because you cant rely on others. Happy Holidays!!