Hold On, Pain Ends | Teen Ink

Hold On, Pain Ends

By Peacemakerz PLATINUM, Cupertino, California
Peacemakerz PLATINUM, Cupertino, California

The world will never have lasting peace so long as men reserve for war the finest human qualities. Peace, no less than war, requires idealism and self-sacrifice and a righteous and dynamic faith.
-John Foster Dulles

We've all heard about hope, but don't you ever ask yourself, who believes in it? After all, hold on pain ends. However, does it really? Everyone goes through pain whether it’s emotional,physical or psychological. So please, please don’t cut yourself. It is not the solution, it won’t help you or make your life easier. It will hurt you and those closest to you. Once you do it, you will never stop; so please don’t try. ‘Cause it’s addictive.
What can I tell you? When you told me you can’t keep the promise, it’s simple “Promise me you won’t ever do this again.” You hurt me and your god-given beauty. You thought there was no solution, but there is a solution to every problem and a problem for every solution.

I don’t know what to tell you, because I’ve known you for so long. I know it hurts but we all hurt, We grief at your pain and we love you. Why do this to yourself? We want to be there for you, please promise me you won’t ever do this again. It’s scary, ‘cause you’ve gone paranoia, I don’t know what to tell you. Other than it hurts, it hurts to know one of my closest friends just did it.

Something we both feared when we were little, something that gave me nightmares. Why did you cut yourself? I was there for you, you could have told me. You know what, just stop. I know you can’t now just because you just got used to it, oh no don’t tell me it’s a new habit. Just why? You hurt me and yourself by doing this act of sacrifice. Just put the pen and knife down, stop carving your already carved skin. You just hurt me. Before you hurt yourself. I am your friend, please talk to me. Stop, and hold on ‘cause pain ends.

Self-cutting, one of those scary acts, I don't get. Why would you cut yourself? Would it help you?