Broken Love | Teen Ink

Broken Love

By Allybear99 GOLD, Södertälje, Other
Allybear99 GOLD, Södertälje, Other

"Imagination is moreimportant than knowledge."- Albert Einstein
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."- Harold R.McAlindon

You know the feeling when you see the person you love, love somebody else? You know how it breaks you down inside. You feel like you just want to scream. You want to run away. You want to stay as far as possible from the one and only, just to protect yourself. Suddenly you feel like your whole world is turned upside down. Nothing seems to be right anymore. You find everything goes wrong, everyone is mean, everything is terrible and you just want to hide. You feel like you’ll never get over them and every minute you spend apart it tears you up. But you cannot bear to look at them loving somebody else. So you stay away. You hide. You hide from them. You hide from the world. You stay in your own darkness, dwelling in an abyss you cannot escape. 

You know the saying when one door closes another opens? When you find yourself in heartbreak, then it won’t feel like a door is opening. Heartbreak is more painful than anything you will ever experience. People say heartbreaks heal over time. I do not think that is true. Yes, the pain might be less over time, but you will never forget the pain from your first heartbreak. I will never forget my first heartbreak. I cried myself to sleep night after night. I could not bear looking at him, yet I was forced to see him every day. Now, ten months later there is no pain left.
Heartbreak will occur at least once in your life. It is a part of life. It is the way things work out. And if you find yourself in heartbreak, find a way out. The best way to mend a broken heart is to forget what broke it. Say goodbye to the past and never look back.

"Say goodbye to the past and never look back"