Dear Best Friend | Teen Ink

Dear Best Friend

By jessieroza43 SILVER, Traverse City, Michigan
jessieroza43 SILVER, Traverse City, Michigan

"You never know how strong you are until being strongis the ony choice you have" - Unknown

Dear Best Friend,

I know we have not talked in a while but there are some things I need you to know. They are important. I have to tell you the things I am about to say. Now, remember all the things I will say are out of love.

First, I miss you a lot. I live far away from you. And I need you to listen to something. It's hard for me to talk to you and think that everything is okay, when deep down I know your dying. I will be here for you when you need me. I know lately I have not been able to talk to you. But I think you should know it kills me inside to know, if your hurting you can't come to me. And I am so sorry. You know me good enough that I will be there for you when I can. Even if I am going though a hard time. Just remember that I will try to be there as much as I can. 

Second, I miss when I knew someone was there to just be there. You were the one I could go with anything because you always had some kind of idea to fix it. I miss being able to ride my bike down the road and just knock on your door. Or just walk in. I know sometimes we would fight and not talk to eachother. But the great thing about us was that we would not talk for a week. Then we would just have to call each other to say sorry and then hang out that weekend. We would plan to do something stupid. ;)

Thrid, would be I miss coming to you for help. I would come to you for help after, I moved but you would never listen. You would be laughing about what someone just said to you. Or something stupid. That was our problem. I wanted you to listen, but if you were not in the mood, you would change the subject. I know that part of it is that we do better in person. And that we didn't talk everyday. So we both had a lot to say. Of course you would have to start. And by time it was my time to talk you would have to go. I felt like you never made time for me. I always made time for you, to talk in my busy days but in your busy days you would say you couldn't talk. 

After all is said, I have to say I miss you everyday. I will never forget you. I mean its kinda hard not to. But I really do love you like a sister. It's so hard to not be able to talk to you when I want to. And it is hard to think about you because I miss you a lot and I just want to come and see you, but I can't. And I know we spent only a little while friends but to me it felt like forever. The reason for that is because you have permanetly burnt a spot on my heart for you to live on forever. You will always be my best friend. Even after you have moved on, I will be waiting for you to return, because I love you like a sister. Forever and Always...

This is to my best friend who lives were I lived last year. She was my best friend and I miss her so much. There is so much more to say to her but it's hard to rap it all up into one letter.

MiniMouse said...
MiniMouse, Kewadin, Michigan

"the closer to me you are, the more hurt everyone will get..." -Me

Can I get your email?? I love your work by the way... :)