What Freedom Means to Me | Teen Ink

What Freedom Means to Me

By cjt06 GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin
cjt06 GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin

In America, freedom is earned, not given. From birth to death, whether it’s going to battle in some hellish place, or it's taking care of family while loved ones fight for what is right, Americans do their duty to keep our flag flying,our people safe and our freedoms present.

Some Americans don’t realize how much we truly have, and what was done for us to be where we are today. Just look around! So many things are taken for granted and we fought for every single one of them. Life as we know it in America was earned.

From being born in this wonderful country, to playing jump rope and hopscotch with neighborhood kids, to chasing dreams no matter how far fetched they may be, these attributes come from the bravery and selflessness of the men and women who put their lives on the line--day and night--for the freedom we have.

Freedom. It’s the blood, sweat, and tears of every proud American that make us the country we are today. No matter what comes our way, we will always stand tall and look the problem straight in the eyes. This is because...American Freedom is earned, not given.