Beauty | Teen Ink

Beauty

By Edubs SILVER, West Jordan, Utah
Edubs SILVER, West Jordan, Utah

"But there's a hope waiting for you in the dark, you should know you're beautiful just the way you are. And you don't have to change a thing the world could change its heart. No scars to your beautiful, we're stars and we're beautiful." - Alessia

Beauty is kind of a connotative word, meaning the definition of it varies depending on who you are. It could be a garden of roses, or Sarah Hyland. It could be your new expensive car. To some beauty is the outdorrs, the trees, the mountains, the sky. Beauty is whatever pleases you.

To me, everyone has beauty in them. The world's image has made a lot of people feel self-consious towards themselves, and forget their beauty. Yeah it might be nice to be good looking, but true beauty comes from the heart and soul. I know that many teenagers boys and girls who stuggle with finding the beauty in themselves. I understand because I struggle with it too. I find it hard for myself to stand in front of the mirror because I don't see anything beautiful, but I am trying to. Sometimes I feel alone, that no one understands but I am not alone. Everyone struggles with it one way or another, even the most popular. You gotta stretch yourself and find your own beauty. If I asked you to name all the amazing and beautiful things in the world, how long would it take you to name yourself? You are amazing, and nobody can say anything different. I read this analogy and it said; people are like oreos, the good stuff is on the inside. You are amazing, you do have beauty. Remember that TRUE beauty starts when you find yourself beautiful. 

I struggle with self confidence BIG time, I just don't really like myself. I don't like my appearance, and I have this stupid voice in my head that is constantly making me feel horrible about who I am. It is hard for me to find the beauty in me... but I am trying to.