To Whom it May Concern | Teen Ink

To Whom it May Concern

By Thisisreal_life PLATINUM, Manhattan, Kansas
Thisisreal_life PLATINUM, Manhattan, Kansas

"so do it. Decide. Is this the person you want to be? Is this the life you want to live? Is this the best you can be?"
"I survived the fire because the fire within me burns brighter than the one around me"

To Whom it May concern-

Everyone is so full of it! From the crib as infants to the grave as corpse, we are all surrounded by a bunch of hypocrites. Born and raised by them. WE are hypocrites.

We tell our children, "Don't do this," "Never say that," "Stay away from those,".

They tell us to be the bigger, the better person.

But guess what?  They said that. They did that. They were surrrounded by those. They were not the bigger and better person.  They did not do the things they have told us to. they do not know how hard it is to do what they said. They know nothing about it, because they chose the easier choice. They chose the easier choice, but expect us to make the hardest one. That is not exactly fair.

It isn't fair for people to give us expectations to live up to without knowing our capacity, without knowing our limits. It's not fair and I am sick of it! I am so done with everyone giving people labels based off looks, based off an illusion. everyone says, "Don't judge a book by its cover," but yet, most people do. Same with people. Most judge each other by their outside apperance.

Do you want people to label you? To mark you as 'anti-social' before you even have a conversation with them? Probably not. So why do it to them?

HUMANS ARE FLAWED. PERFECTION IS A MYTH.

There is no perfection in this world. There is only acceptance. In order to accept yourself, you must first accept that you are not perfect, and you will never be. It's not a put-down; it is the truth. The problem is, some are too busy putting others down to accept themselves. And so the cycle goes on.

So when will we end the cycle? When will judgement go extinct?

Instead of us dying off, our actions need to. We are a race, a team. Nobody is alone.

So tell me: will you be the change? Or will you be the arrow to the next cycle?

There are so many labels in this world. Too many to count. If people dont understand it's effects, we will never change. WE NEED TO BE THE CHANGE

on Jun. 26 2017 at 10:31 am
Melanie_Krug17 GOLD, Holly Springs, North Carolina

Life's for the living so live it, or you're better off dead

Took the words right out of my mouth, thank you!!!

Thank you so much! I appreciate the feedback!

Ray--yo PLATINUM, Kathmandu, Other

God Makes No Mistakes. (Gaga?)
"I have hated the words and I have loved them, and I hope I have made them right." -Liesel Meminger via Markus Zusac, "The Book Thief"

Hey, great article! You raise a good point, and I especially like the paragraph following the sentence in caps- that sums up your point beautifully. Also, I like your approach of using casual language here, which, I think, opens room for discussion. It would be nice if you had started with a personal anecdote, but that's just my opinion. Keep writing!

You can be. Thank you so much!!!

Duchess101 BRONZE, Tipton, Iowa

"Five seconds of awkward can save you a lifetime of regret." ~Sadie Robertson

I WILL BE THE CHANGE, that was an amazing article, I wish I was that good.

Thank you so much!

taylor.hall2514 BRONZE, Watertown, Wisconsin

“I know this transformation is painful, but you’re not falling apart; you’re just falling into something different, with a new capacity to be beautiful”
William C. Hannan

Be the change you want to see in the world... You've got talent and I feel the exact same way.

Yes i do! Thank you so much!!

AfricanKing DIAMOND, Warner Robins, Georgia

Only you and I can help the sun rise each morning. If we don't, it may drench itself out in sorrow - Joan Baez

I enjoyed it! Remember me? Keep on writing!

do you think you could read my other work in exange of me reading yours?

Thank you so much and I will!!!!

-Pancake- SILVER, Grants Pass, Oregon

"Bullies drink loser juice" Gerard freaking way

Woooow Bri! I love this a little to much. I know everybody says this but I CAN FEEL THE EMOTION IN IT! I love how serious of a topic it is, and I liked the way you put it into words and made it something easy to read. I love the last part about will you be the change. Ohhh that was so good! Keep on writing!