A Girl’s Guide to Faith | Teen Ink

A Girl’s Guide to Faith

April 3, 2018
By meeshstfu SILVER, West Windsor, New Jersey
meeshstfu SILVER, West Windsor, New Jersey
7 articles 2 photos 24 comments

Favorite Quote:
“In the next world, I want to be something useful.
Like a staple gun. Or in love.”
- Bradley Trumpfheller


Faith, complete trust or confidence in someone or something. But that’s not really it. The word has a lot more to it. A lot more than we realise or even know about. It’s faith that somehow completes every dream we dream and everything we do. It’s faith that makes all things possible.But most importantly, it’s your faith in yourself that makes you who you really are.

 

We often let people define us. There are a lot of people around us who judge us, girls, on the basis of our looks and this makes us feel like we are not perfect and we need to change ourselves. But you don’t have to change who you are to fit in the image people have of you. You are perfect the way you are.

 

You might think,” That ‘sounds’ great, but it really doesn’t work this way always.”

I agree, there are times when the whole universe seems to be orbiting around what outfit you’ll wear to the party or being that really fancy person that people like and not around who you are or what you want to be. Obviously, you want people to like you. But that way you’ll have to change your everything. And that ain’t going to work. Just quit being around such people who don’t like you for who you are. They've said enough. Also, people who really value you and want to hangout with you wouldn’t  just ‘like’ you or want you to ‘change’ and be like everyone else. The right people are those who would ‘love’ the ‘real’, wierd, bubbly, cool, quirky, fearless, radiant, adventurous, beautiful, extraordinary, magical you.

 

“Yeah, right. But you can’t change the way the world thinks.”
Right. I can’t change the way the world thinks. But what we can change is the way we think about ourselves. Moreover, it’s not on the outside that matters. What matters is what’s on the inside. For instance, you don’t know how I look like, but by now what you might have known about me is what’s in my heart.

 

Furthermore, we get so worried about being 'pretty' that in the process we forget that we are 'pretty' brave, 'pretty' kind, 'pretty' loving, 'pretty' thoughtful, 'pretty' adventurous , 'pretty' great. We are 'pretty' princesses. I am ‘pretty’ me. We are ‘pretty’ us. And that's the 'prettiest' anyone could be.

 

I just want you to know that girl , you are exactly what you’re supposed to be. I am a princess. We are all princesses and remember, a princess doesn’t let anyone tell who she is. She follows her heart. Keep the faith princess.
Be empowered on who you are. You go girl!


The author's comments:

BElieve in YOUrself