Nightshade | Teen Ink

Nightshade

By selinarenee BRONZE, Willmar, Minnesota
selinarenee BRONZE, Willmar, Minnesota

"Do or do not there is no try." -master yoda

Author's note: I was inspired to write this by twilight saga and the underworld movie series. I also was inspired to write it because it came to me out of the blue.

My name is Mitch Mathias I'm five feet six inches tall with dirty blond hair. I am fourteen years old. I just arrived at the main airport in Florida. When I got into the building I saw my luggage and a person waiting for me. The person ended up being a girl. She looked friendly enough to me. She has curly red hair and bright blue eyes.

She said, “You must be Mitch! Hi. I'm Selina and welcome to Florida.”

I answered, “Thanks. How do you know my name?”

Selina answered, “I'm your dorm room manager. It's my job to know everybody in your room by name and face.” So she helped with my luggage and we loaded it up in the trunk of a van. I got into the backseat as Selina shut the trunk. She shut my door and got into the front seat with the driver. She shut the door and buckled up as I did. Selina turned to face me as best as she could.

She asked, “So what do you like? Any special needs? Any dietary needs or concerns?”

I answered, “I like to sing and I also like sports. What kind of food do you have? I don't have any allergens to food.”

Selina said, “The cooks make something new daily. They know what to feed each person. They know all the students by face and name.”

The driver said, “Don't spoil everything nightshade. He'll learn soon enough. Or he'll die like the last one.”

Selina answered, “Now you've meet Jack the driver. He doesn't like newbie's. Kind of morbid person really. You'll do fine really. But don't get into trouble with the grownups on campus. Strict about rules and everything.” So I took notes while we took the trip to campus. I was surprised at how she didn't mention the nightshade thing.

I asked, “What's with the....??”

Selina answered, “It's my real name. I was given it by my biological parents. They're dead now. So the Timberlakes adopted me into their family and I'm the leader of the pack.”

So we went on with the rules of the campus. We just finished by the time we reached the school. Selina unbuckled ans got out. She opened my door and started getting luggage. I closed the door after I got unbuckled and get out. Selina handed me whatever I could carry. Then she got the rest and we started to my dorm room. The driver shut the trunk and went off to his parking spot. Once we got to my room Selina unlocked the door. She got in and I followed.

Selina yelled, “Hey Justin! Which bed is Mitch's again? This one by door right?”

Justin answered, “Yeah! Hope he breaks the rules. The last one tasted terrible.”

Selina answered with a gasp, “No! He doesn't look like a rule breaker and we'll talk about that later. Not in front of Mitch! Let's give you a tour then get some lunch.” So we put my luggage on my bed then left the room. Selina locked the door and started talking about the teachers. I listened intently but what Justin said stuck in my mind. Selina noticed it and soothed my fears.

She said, “You'll do fine. He should have never said that. The rules are clear for him. Don't worry about him. He's in for it now. The elders aren't going to be happy about this.” So we went around meeting teachers. During lunch I sat alone. Selina came and sat across the table from me. She asked me questions ans took notes. Then the bell rang and Selina dumped my plates. I followed her to our room. After she unlocked the door all of my roommates greeted me. I could see Justin sitting on a bed glaring at me. I asked Selina to talk to her in private. Once we were alone I asked her what Justin's problem was.

Selina answered, “I talked to the elders about him. They weren't to happy with him. So they punished him.” It didn't satisfy me but I let it go. We got back into the room and I did some paperwork.

Then Selina said, “Okay guys time for bed. Let's go! Lights out right now.” So she turned out the lights and checked that everyone was bed. I couldn't sleep that night so I got up and went to Selina.

I whispered, “Walk with me.” She was up in an instant. Then we were walking the hallways. Hallway monitors started to protest but when they saw Selina they apologized She lead me to a roof that was open to the elements.

Selina asked, “Now why did you wake me up in the middle of the night?”

I answered, “I couldn't sleep. So I thought I could get some time alone with you. I'm sorry.” Then I kissed her. I was pressing her body to mine for comfort. Selina gave in after a second. I was stunned that I actually had the nerve to kiss this stranger that I hardly knew. Once I pulled away I saw Selina actually cry. I hugged her not knowing what else to do. And I felt like crying too. Then out of the blue my hair started standing on end.

Justin said, “That's right! Cry like a baby. Nothing like a show.”

Selina yelled, “I'll tell the elders. You have no right messing in their business! Your not seeing the whole picture with him. They know all about this hybrid.”

I whisper, “Don't. You'll make it worse for me. And what the hell are you talking about?” She shot me the not now look. So I did as she showed me to do. I also felt her arm rap around my waist. As far as I knew she knew something that I didn't. Once in our room Selina had me lay down. She sat on the edge of my bed. So I hugged her in thanks and gratitude. She faced me and gave me a passionate kiss. After getting some sleep Selina and I woke up to find ourselves tangled around each other.

I mumbled, “Sorry. I was being stupid. I didn't mean to get on his bad side.”

Selina whispered, “That's why I'm his dorm manager. So he wouldn't get into trouble. The elders are feed up with him. Even his family and I are feed up with him. And your going to meat them. The elders request to see you. I'm to take you there.” So we got our backpacks and went down many flights of stairs. Once Selina was feed up with the stairs she jumped the railing. I followed suit and landed like she did behind her. Then we ran twenty miles to get to the destination. She showed her right wrist to the guards. It showed a tattoo of a wolf. So I guessed that her left showed a bat or fangs.

I whispered, “Do you know what's going on? I'm scared. Am I going to die?”

Selina answered, “I don't know. I'm scared to. I do as I'm told. Oh mighty elders I have brought you what you bid me to bring.” There were two men in deep blue robes who opened these cherry wood double doors. And Selina lead the way into this big circular room with raised seating filled with people dressed in royal purple.

Someone said, “Thank you nightshade. You may take your seat. What do they call you sire?”

I answered, “Mitch. May I know what's going on?”

That same person yelled, “Silence you fool!”

Selina said, “I didn't tell him not to ask questions to you directly your leadership His outburst is my wrongdoing. My apologies. I'll bear the blame for this. He was wondering what's going on. I'm not allowed to inform him without both councils consent Since I cant contact them then I have to go to them personally. They probably want to see the anomaly too.” Then I was asked a lot of questions which I answered truthfully. Then I was on my to school with Selina. I had a feeling that this wasn't good.

Once we got to the school Selina talked with the admissions office people quickly. Then we got on a jet and Selina flew it out to Washington DC.

I asked, “Do I get to know what's going on?”

Selina answered, “If my other elders council appoints it then yes. Not until then. We wait at the tallest hotel here then go over to Russia.” So once we landed Selina unbuckled and got out with her backpack. I followed her with my backpack. We checked into the hotel Selina talked about. I was shocked by how big it was. Selina saw my amazed look and nodded. Our room was on the top floor in the middle of the hall on the right side. Selina opened the door and went inside. I went inside after her and stopped when she did.

Selina held up her left arm saying, “We are not alone. Nightstar?”

Nightstar answered, “Your absolutely right sister. To bad nightslayer wasn't here. He'd kill this anomaly here and now. But that's not allowed. Forgive me dear sister. Where are my manners? My name is nightstar. In your terms I'm Aron You must be the anomaly my sister's bringing to Russia?”

I answered, “It's Mitch! To let you know your a jerk. I'm not a anomaly!” As I said it Aron and I started puffing out our chests and walking at each other. Selina got between us and told Aron to shove off. She grabbed my backpack out of my hand and set it on a bed at random. Selina took me to the pool area and we talked. I complained on how I'm being treated like a danger. Selina told me to not take Aron seriously. I wasn't that convinced So Selina sighed.

She said, “I cant tell you everything I know till I get permission form my wolf and vampire elders. They want the law upheld by every citizen of theirs. I'm part of another group as well as these. But I'm not allowed to tell you about it till the elder groups tell me I can.”

I asked, “Why? Am I to be considered dangerous till then?”
Selina shook her head yes. Then I knew she was scared of me. I understood why she was so frightened of me.
It took every fiber in my being to want to protect her.

Selina said, “We best get back. Oh Aron's calling me. Lets go.” She answered her phone and we ran to our room. Selina had a cool blackberry touch and a red locus lx600. I was willing to see what I had to do. I let Selina get my bag and throw it at me. We ran to the jet after we checked out. I was in my seat and buckled before anything got going. Selina sat next to me and buckled up. I grabbed her hand as the jet bolted into the air. It took us twelve hours to get to Europe to fuel up and eat.

Selina didn't eat much but wrote in a old looking big leather-bound notebook. I ate quickly and we were in the air an hour later. It took a few hours to land in Moscow. Selina shook me awake and we grabbed our backpacks and got out of the jet. We ran down a long flight of stairs. We hopped the railing and landed in a deserted hallway.

Selina said, “Now keep your mouth shut. Look at the floor and speak when spoken to directly. Never ask questions first. When asked a direct question use 'your honorable highness' or 'your greatness' until you known citizen. Got that? And for god's sake look smart.” So I did as I was told. People bowed to Selina and she bowed back. I did the same after a glare from Selina. We made our way into a place with many people.

Selina said, “Your greatness's I Nightshade Montoya have done as you asked me. I have brought what you bid me to bring. If you wish to begin then my apologies to keep you waiting. And I'm nothing but a humble servant for my masters.” And it was like at school but I was under strict rules of Selina's.

Someone asked, “You anomaly! What are you called?”

I answered, “Mitch your noble highnesses.” And so I was asked many more questions. It took longer than the one at school.

The first person that spoke asked, “Are we decided?”

The others answered, “We are decided. It is yes. Tell this anomaly what needs to be said in few days time when the other elders have come.” then Selina brought me to her family's manor on the outskirts of town. I was given a room that adjoined Selina's room. There was nothing said till dinner. Selina was in a all black leather outfit. Her boots were thigh high and were heals. Her shirt showed her chest to an extent. I shivered at the sight.

Selina said, “This is the Montoya manor. There are rules for people who reside here for any period of time. They're posted in every room. And each room has different rules than the next. The residents go by another set of rules.”

I answered, “Yes your honorable highness.” Selina's fave and neck turned red from anger. So I looked at the rules and saw that I broke the first rule. I mumbled an apology and scooted off so I wasn't seen or heard. Selina came into my room that night to apologize. I didn't say anything but looked at the floor. So she fingered my chin and lifted my face so we were eye to eye. Then she kissed me. I hugged her to my body and let my kiss show her my passion for her.

Aron chuckled and said, “Now this is a odd thing. An anomaly and a half-and-half. What a hoot.”

Selina said, “Jerk. Let's go Mitch.” So we left the room and I watched her walk. My thoughts were bouncing all over and Selina sensed my confusion.

I said, “Look maybe I should go. Nobody likes me.” Selina had an offended look on her eyes. She let go of my hand and ran away from me. I sighed and fan after her. I found her sitting on the floor hugging her knees sobbing.

She yelled, “Go away!” And I did. Now I'd have to put up with her not talking to me. I never meant to hurt my friend. So in my room I plopped down on my bed and cried. Selina came in and hugged me.

I sobbed, “I'm sorry. I never meant to hurt you.”

Selina answered, “I know honey. Just let it all out. That's my boy.” So I sobbed myself into sleep. Plus Selina promised she'd stay with me all night. In the morning we got dressed and went to the same place as before. Now I was told what I really was. A dragon and wizard mix. Selina understood my pain and confusion. She told me that why I was taken into both kingdoms. And she was half vampire and half werewolf. That her mother was werewolf and her father was a vampire were killed with one of her brothers that made her a triplet who was named Mitch as well.

So now that I knew I was paired with Selina for now. That way I could get into council meetings if I knew something vital for each ruling body. And I'm to call them 'Your Excellencies' instead of what I previously called them. Now I could have some of the privileges that Selina had. But I was under a different set of rules. Now as we're flying over the ocean to get to Washington DC. I thought about why my parents would lied to me.

Selina said, “They all do. I found out on my own. My parents were so proud when I found out. I was freaking out that I attacked someone and not only killing them by draining their blood but I ate the dead body too. God I was the worst nightmare you could think of. I'm still in touch with her family though. Now I'm in love with her son. I know you remember it. I couldn't kill you then. I had no clue why till now.”

Once we landed in Washington DC. Selina stayed at the same hotel we stayed at before going to Moscow. Once in our room we hugged. I could tell Selina was scared about something.

Selina said, “I cant wait to go back to school. It's been so long. I just want to know where I belong.”

I answered, “Where ever you feel home is. That's where you belong. All I know is that you're the only reason I'm alive. They wanted to kill me. Still do in fact.” Selina looked at me horrified I know she wanted to save me. I kissed her perfect lips and held her close. Selina moaned and put her hands on my chest. I could tell I was getting to her. Now all I had to do was take her.

I let go first once the kiss was done. Selina knew something was wrong. She let me have my space and went to check on the jet. I just sat on one of the beds till Selina burst in. She grabbed both backpacks and grabbed my hand. We checked out and ran inside the jet.

I panted, “What's... Wrong...?? Is... Everything... Okay...??”

After a minute or two Selina answered, “No. Not today. When I say so your going to have to jump out of the jet. We're not safe here. Now jump.” Selina flung herself out of the jet and dropped like a rock. I jumped and sailed through the air. Then something caught me and lifted me up. I had wings! Finally I could use them. I tipped forward and caught Selina. I held onto her for dear life.

Then I landed on the school. Justin rushed us to a safe place in the school. But really it was a gas chamber. Selina couldn't take in what was happening. I banged on the door and my dad opened it. He got me but left Selina. I yelled her name and she came to me. She was in her wolf form. She got onto her belly and led my dad and I on. Then she got up and bounded to our house. I told dad what happened once we got inside. Selina confirmed it. So dad did everything he could to protect me. Selina stayed outside and made a run around the house. Once I went to see her she ran me inside.

Selina yelled, “What were you thinking! You could have been killed! I know you were seen out of your stupidity! God. Do you know what I'm risking to save you?! How could you do this to your dad?!”

I yelled, “Don't you dare! Do you know what I've done for you? What I went through just since I got to that damn place? I don't care if they kill me. You're so selfish.”

Selina said, “Fine. And so he hears it to. I was the killer of your mom. Not them. I did it when I first turned into a werewolf. I should have been better. But I didn't kill you. I should have killed you.” Now I understood.

I yelled, “ Get out of my house!” So Selina got out and left. I went to my room and stayed there.

Aron said, “What the hell were you thinking? I got a message from my sister about you. Do you know what it cost her to protect you? She risked everything for you. That's why she kept so close to you only. It's because she imprinted on you. We don't chose our people to imprint. It just happens. Your the jerk now. And stay away from my sister.”

I answered, “She killed my mom! I should have been the one killed not her. And you expect me to believe your crap?”

Aron said, “Yes! She's going to die in your place! Don't you get it! Selina's going to die so you can live! She dies you'll never know why she killed your mother. It wasn't supposed to happen. But our parents were so proud once they found out.” Then we were flying to the rescue. Aron knew the way so I relied on him to show the way. Once we got to the place I landed. We ran to the room that had screaming in it. We burst in to find Selina pinned down by the hugest werewolf.

I yelled, “Stop! Don't you get it! She didn't want to kill my mother! She was forced to! She was starving when she did it. Her parents knew that she'd do it and they took the fall for her. You killed the ones really responsible for my mom's death. And the death of her brother Mitch who was an innocent child.” Everyone looked at me like I was crazy. Aron confirmed my statements were true and we slew them all for their wrongdoings. Selina hugged Aron and didn't look at me. She didn't see me as she did when we first meet. Once she finished hugging Aron she looked me in the eyes.

Selina said, “Thank you Mitch. You did well.” Then we went back to a place where Aron was hiding. During the night Aron and I took turns comforting Selina when she woke screaming. I was beginning to worry about her a lot.

I said, “With how many times she woke up screaming you'd expect she's suffering what happened.”

Aron answered, “She is. I'd go insane if it'd happened to me. This is tame compared to the years after she killed your mother. Oh your up sister. You need anything?”

Selina said, “I got hungry. Sorry to interrupt you two. I can get stuff for now thanks Aron.” So she disappeared and I herd her rummaging around in a fridge. Then she reappeared carrying food and went to her room. I sighed and tried to figure Selina out.

Aron said, “She's special. Even for a half-and-half. Nobody can understand why she does the things she does. It cant be done by anyone else. She's so special she's the queen of all things like us.”

I answered, “I know. She's like some freak among us like if she's among mortals. That's what I don't get. Why did she not kill me? Besides the imprinting thing.”

Selina said, “The old magic idiot. Something you should have studied” We looked at her like she was a ghost. I'd studded it of course. But I'd never have guessed she knew about it.

I answered, “I did study it. I'm shocked you know about it.” I was even more shocked by what she said next.

Selina answered, “Well my ancestors were magicians on my moms side. Correct me if I'm wrong Aron. And dad's side we're vampire, faerie and elf.”

Aron answered, “Your right sister.” I could tell that Aron didn't like their ancestry being told to outsiders. So she was werewolf and magician on her moms side and vampire, faerie, and elf on her dads. Now I understood how I could tell what she wanted me to do. Ancient magic indeed. The next day Selina, Aron, and I went to school. Nobody spoke a word. Justin was as mad as ever. I learned more in the last week than my whole life. I didn't care what Justin did to me as long as I could hurt him in many ways.

Selina said, “Hey Mitch! You want to be in our Olympics? You make a great relay runner.”

I answered, “Sure.” It took a few hours to test me for what I was good at. Selina seemed satisfied with what we found out. It went well.

Justin said, “Your going to fail Mitch.”

I answered, “Trying is what matters. It's not about winning.” So Selina went into the swimming pool to do laps.

Aron said, “Quicker that last time sister. I still think your a show off. But your the best swimmer, runner, and soccer player player ever.” I knew that was my cue to say something.

I said, “Your quick. Nobody has a chance compared to you.” I automatically regretted those words. I was still new to the whole immortal thing. But Selina got the clue and smiled. It was a beautiful smile. So Selina did more laps and was darting through the water. I saw the time and was amazed. She had one minute and twenty-eight minutes. That was quick. Selina came to a stop and got out of the water. Somehow I knew that it wasn't good enough and that Selina was at a disadvantage because of her being a half-and-half. It hurt to be at a disadvantage now.

Selina said, “That a boy. We'll do fine. Remember that it's not about winning. It's about having fun. You know I'm the quickest thing on this earth. I can handle myself. You worry about you. Big opening tomorrow. We got to be ready for it.” So everyone sent to bed early. Selina woke our room up at two-thirty in the morning. I got up and got dressed in some clothing set out for me. Once everyone was dressed we all went out to meet our guest. Every new face was weird. I could tell the school by the matching outfits

By noon everyone was eating in the lunchroom. I sat alone but my running team soon filled up the table. Selina filled me in on my job. I nodded understanding and ate quickly. Once out on the track I was nervous. Selina would receive the mettle baton from me and finish the race. I could see her get ready so I did the same. Once I grabbed the baton I ran at full blast to Selina. Then we made the pass and she ran full blast to the finish line. We ended first. I was dazed as my team cheered.

Selina said, “We did it Mitch! Mitch!? Somebody get the medics. Calm down!” The medics got here and I spasmed out of control. They gave me and injection and the next thing I knew I was out cold.

When I woke up everyone was blurry. So I blacked out again trying to escape the pain. Once I woke up again I heard something beeping. Selina woke up with a start. She rushed over to me and held my hand.

I asked, “What happened?”

Selina answered, “I don't know Mitch. But Justin was kicked out and killed for what he did to you. That's all I know. There's evidence that he spiked your food. Please don't ask me. The doctors wold know more than I would.” So I got out the next day and rested on the side lines. I cheered for my team. Once I was cleared to go I was stronger. So we worked on the relay race a lot. Selina did soccer and her team won. Then it was swimming. She beat everyone else.

Someone said, “They are nothing compared to us.”

I answered, “Well the American Selina's really good. She overworks to be better. I'm her best friend.” That person happened to be part of the school that Selina went to before the one we're at now. I recognized his uniform to be one of Moscow's

I said, “I apologize I had no idea I was talking to a person who knew Selina. Or nightshade as you may know her. I haven't known her for long.”

The person said, “It's okay. She is talented. My name is Genovic.”

I answered, “Mitch. Are you related to nightshade?”
So we talked until the swimming for the day was done. I went to Selina right away. We hugged and we received meddles next. Selina got twenty gold meddles.

Genovic said, “Well done cousin. I'm proud of you. I saw you in Moscow no?”

Selina answered, “Yes you have. I was bringing him to the traitorous elders. Thank you Genovic. I'm looking forward to wee what you get.” So we ate dinner and talked to the guests. I was surprised how many people were related to Selina. At least half the guests were. Selina wasn't kidding. That night Selina took me to me back to her hideout that she took me to when I needed to talk with her. I knew something was wrong. I held Selina while she cried. I kissed her for a bit to help her calm down.

Selina said, “Sorry. It's seeing my family. I get so overworked about them. They like you. That's a positive thing.”

I answered, “That is. I think they hate me. Especially that Genovic. I may have offended him. I only said that you overworked to be better. In a good way of course. Your really good and I meant it.” Selina was silent for a while so we stood watching the moon. I felt a body press into mine and I saw it was Selina's. So I hugged her and she snuggled closer. I could tell something was happening to her. She fainted and I brought her to the medics.

The leader said, “She'll be okay. Thanks to Mitch she'll live. If he hadn't been as quick as he was she'd have died. Her parts came out at last. All of them. They were waiting till now to be active.” I was very stunned that Selina had finally turned her parts on. Now we had a fighting chance. But I wasn't sure about how Selina would react to me being what I was. I knew what it was like to wake up in the med ward. So I stayed with Selina along with her family.

When she woke up her eyes were out of focus so she fell unconscious and slept for a few days. When she woke again she was stunning. I was ashamed to be around her It seemed to be noticeable to Selina.

Selina said, “It's okay Mitch. I guess I'm changing everyday. Now I did the final change. I knew it for a while. It was bound to happen.” So we talked for a while then she got some rest. It was the next day that Selina got out. She sat out till the medics cleared her. She did the swimming race after training for it for two hours. Selina darted through the water quicker than the rest of the contestant swimmers. So she won all of the races. Then she won all the soccer matches and relay races. Then we received more than a thousand gold meddles We went on till the last day.

The last day the judges counted up the gold meddles for each school. Our school won so we got the grand prize. It was a big vacation at any place we wanted to go. A lot chose to go to Moscow, Russia. Selina would be the best tour guide because she lived there till she was fourteen-years-old. Everyone was surprised at how much Selina knew. So once we got home I talked to Selina. So we got a good understanding of each other. Selina kissed me and got ready for bed. I could tell she was nurvise about something.

I asked, “What's wrong?”

Selina answered, “My passport ends tomorrow. SO this is my last night here. Everyone back home will see me as the American! We'll see each other again. I never got to know you. Someday I'll visit. I'll make you so proud.”

I answered, “You already do. Remember I'm a phone call away.” So we gave our phone numbers to each other. Then Selina got packing. She got out a list and made sure that she had everything. Then we went to bed. I layed down on my bed and cried. Selina came over and held me while I cried. Once I was asleep Selina layed down on my bed. Once I got up Selina hugged me and we said goodbye. I could tell Selina hated to leave me like this. I gave her something to remember me by. It was a picture of us after her winning swim meet.

Selina said, “I'll do you proud Mitch. Be a good boy. And fallow those rules.”

I answered, “I will. And I'm already proud to say I know you. I'll visit you someday. And we can talk then face to face. I love you Selina.” So we kissed then Selina departed crying. After lunch I went to class. The rest of the day was a blur. I got a call from Selina but I ignored it. I listened to the voicemail in my room that night. Selina was historical with crying. I called her and I heard her voice. We talked till dinnertime. Once I hung up I was crying. That night I went to bed early. It was a long day and I was tired. I cried and then I went to sleep. I was up early because of my phone. It was my dad.

I said, “Hey dad! What's wrong?”

He answered, “It's Selina. She's missing. Aron tried to call you but he called me because you didn't answer." I got all my things and made shure I had everything. Then I flew to dad's house. Aron answered the door and let me in. Then I saw something that would help me find her.

Then I flew all the way to Moscow and ran to the building in the vision. Once I got there I got Selina out of there to Aron. Then we got her away from the place. Once at the Montoya home we immediately knew who did it. Selina fought alongside us to make sure that Aron and I weren't killed. Once our fight was done the family left and never came back. Two months later Selina was fully healed and could open her eyes.

I backed away so I wouldn't say anything stupid or that reminded her of what happened. selina came over to me and hugged me. I was shocked by this. Normally she stayed away from me.

Selina said, "Thank you."

I answered, "Your welcome."

Selina and I went to the home cave in the Rocky mountains. I was awed at the vast expanse it was very big and spacious. It couldn't be beat by anything else. Selina told me that she really wasn't a citizen of Moscow, Russia. She only lived there because of her duty to her people. Now she was really a person from Minnesota.
I was surprised that she would tell me this much information. She lived in Idaho for the longest time. For like ten years. I was nothing but another person she had meet. I was more than what the other's were. The others were her friends and subjects along with family members. I could tell that she was willing to introduce me to everyone.

I meet everyone and asked, "Can I get a list of names to bring with me. I probably wont remember all these names for a while. So what am I here?"
Selina answered, "Your an undereducated threat to these people. But I know you have an amazing ability to execute orders that you get. It makes a great soldier. Plus you may become king."

So I did all my work and I got to the ceremony earlier than anyone else my age. Selina knighted me and I would be in the army for the next year for the big fight that was brewing that I kinda helped start.

I was shown to my room by selina. I couldn't believe that I was with royalty when Selina was around. It was like she didn't like it known.
I asked, "Will we survive?"
Selina answered, "I don't know. I'd be lieing if I said yes or no. I understand your concern. Training starts at five sharp. Dont be late."
It was going to be a long day tomorrow. I did my best to get rest and look presentable for training. I was at least two minutes eirly. Selina was there practising. I would do everything to help my selfesteme to go next to that.
It was a hard training and I did well. I couldn't believe I was the best next to Selina. I wasn't going to beat her anytime soon so I did the best I could with what I had. Selina knew me so well I was forced to surrender.

I was surprised at how long it took me to get to my room. It ws deep underground and it was very dark down there and cold as well. After I put my things in order I went to the training grounds.
I coldn't believe that Selina was training me. Since nobody else would take me. Even if she said I needed a tutor they were afraid of me. She got tired of asking that she took me up as a student.
I asked, "Will we make it?"
Selina answered, "I cant tell you that. I dont know the fate of war. The tides of death will tell for certian but I cannot tell you if you'll survive."

As training wore on I got hot and wanted to take a cold shower. Selina called it a day and Everyone went to their respective rooms. I could tell that she didn't like to train.
I was very tired so I showered and got dressed in the clothing in my closet. It was very shakesperian and I didn't like it. Selina came to see me when I was naping.
Selina said, "Sorry I was harsh on you in training. I will not let it pass that you are weak. In an hour you will have to pass a test. I passed it twelve years ago."
I said, "What! You expect me to pass something that I just started training for today!? It cant be done. I cant believe this places stupidity."
Selina had tears in her eyes when she said, "You can get killed then. All these testers kneed to pass it. And your one of them. I expect you there as your queen. You report to Aron and that is final. If you leave now you will be killed for you have seen to much of home cave."

I reported to Aron thirty minutes early. Selina was watching me be tested. When the other testors were coming in they watched in awe as I was able to beat Aron in every test.
Selina Knited all the passors, which was only me, and had the othors exacuted. I couldn't believe she did such a horible thing like this. She went to her chambors afterwards and never seen again till meal time.
I asked, "How can you kill the failiors? What did they do to you? To any of us?"
Selina yelled, "They were duds! How dare you speak out like this! Do you mean to chalenge me?"
I said, "No! I cant believe you'd kill all the failers just because they failed."
Semone said, "How dare you speak badly of our great Queen. She does as advised and passes laws that are just. How ungreatfull you are to your supperiors. Gards take him away. He can rot in the dungion till furthor notice." When Selina gave the okay they did as they were told. I was taken to the dungion and they treated me like I was nothing.

I was thrown in jail and the jailor was informed on what to do with me. I could tell it was bad. When they came back for me I didn't know how much time passed by.
Selina said, "You face trial for speaking ill of your queen. Do you have anything to say for your defense?"
I answered, "No your majisty. I do not." Then I was given the charges against me. I pleaded guilty to it and was going to be awaiting the judgement. Then they put me back in the dungion to await the next trail.

As I was dragged out bloody and bruised I couldn't help but notise that the ground got bloodier and bloddier. This told me that they made their decision. And I would get my head choped off. Not that it was the most painful way to die.
Selina was there to oversee the killing. She was talking with her advisors and they seemed to be discussing me. I couldn't believe that I was going to die.
Dad was there to. I started panicing and yelling at my dad to run. He didn't seem to hear me. I couldn't yell loud enough to get him to move. He went to stand behind the queens left side of her chair and whisper in her ear.
Selina was interested in what he had to say. it didn't look good to me that he'd watch his own son die. When everyone took their seat I was on the cinder block.
Selina said, "Stop. He will go to war instead. He may die there." I didn't understand. This was the worst exacution to be placed. To die at war was worse than dieing on a cinder block.

I didn't imagine that Selina would give me this verdict. I knew it was to get me out of the way. I cant live with not giving my opinion to people. It wasn't right that inocent people were killed. Nothing I could do would bring them back.
It still haunted me in my dreams. The screaming and the people getting killed. It still brought me up in the middle of the night screaming like a lunatic. Nobody would be near me anymore. It was like they knew that I was to be exacuted and it would be during the war. But it was a totally different thing.
Once I got back to my room my dad's head was on my bed. I screamed and ran to the dungions. I stayed in the cell that I was heald in for a long time. I only came out to go to meals and to train. Nothing I did would erase the sight of my dad's head on my bed.
Now I knew I was going to die. It wasn't fair! It wasn't right that I had to die and not the person responsible to the deaths of millions.