Into the Dimension | Teen Ink

Into the Dimension

December 18, 2013
By kj101kevin, sandiego, California
More by this author
kj101kevin, Sandiego, California
0 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Hi my name is Luke Anderson, im 14, i have blue eyes, and i'm tall. I like skateboarding, playing football and baseball. I was born and raised in a little town called Burnington with my best friend Sofia Johnson and my rival Jack Richardson. Sofia is 13 , and smart, funny , energetic, and is very pretty. On her free time she plays soccer, reads, and she loves to do cheerleading. Jack also is 14, tall, and likes football, but is fairly better than me. He also doesn't like me but I don't know why. I think he is jealous of me because Sofia has always been more interested in me than him.We didn't always not like each other , we use to be good friends, but over the years Sofia lost interest in him so in 7th grade, tuesday at lunch Jack decided to squirt his juice box all over my pants and said I wet myself. After that everybody started to call me Little Bladder Luke, but Sofia was the only one who didn't, i never forgave Jack for that. Till this day some people still call me that but I ignore it. I still think that the old Jack is in there it is just buried very deep, I still have hope that the old Jack will over run the new Jack and we could be how we use to be, friends.Jack has always been a little mean, maybe because he is always sad because never had anything to look forward to, his family is in the lower class so he never gets what he wants. I feel really bad for him but I still wont forget what he did to me in 7th grade. The next day Sofia and I were playing and we saw my dad running toward us and when he caught his breath he said “ We got a problem “. When he told me that there was a dimension in trouble, Sofia didn't know what was going on until I told her I am a Dimension traveler, then she said “ What no way that’s impossible there is no such thing as dimension traveling “ , I said “ Ya there is why do you think I was gone last summer, another dimension needed me “. As she walked back and forth thinking how this is possible, my dad said “ son we need to leave tomorrow “, Sofia was devastated she didn't want me to leave her again this summer. When I was walking out the door the next day, with my luggage all packed, I got in the car and felt like there was someone there with me. I packed my games to keep me company because its a long ride there, it takes about 5 hours to get to my destination and I wasn’t tired at all. Half way through the drive I was thinking of what the dimension I need to save looks like, I was hoping it looks like a tropical island with very delicious foods and drinks. If not that a fun and exciting jungle where i can swing across vines and climb trees.

When we arrived I was very excited, not about the place we arrived at because it isn't the best looking, it has very old looking walls and a rotten egg smell. We walked through a big hall full of spiderwebs and messed up moldy walls that leads to the a big black machine with many buttons that had spiders on it and it wasn't in the best condition , that is what we use to teleport to different dimensions, as we got up to the portal my dad put in the dimensions name and as we walked in Sofia said “ Wait ! “, and held onto my arm. When we got to the new dimension I was unsatisfied, it looked like everything was burnt down, there was ashes for miles and miles.It looked like some one came and let off a match the sent scorching flames across the jungle. “ Sofia what are you doing here ? “ I asked, “ I didn't want to be lonely all summer so know I am staying with you , wow this is amazing besides that everything is burnt “ she replied. “ Sofia you can be in lots of danger, you should leave “ , I said, “ We can't, the simulator won't work “ my dad said curiously. “ Why “ I asked , “ I don't know” . We started to look for a place to crash because it started to get dark, my dad said its very dangerous to be out alone after dark here because there are far more dangerous creatures here. My dad packed all kinds of sandwiches to last us a couple weeks to each for lunch and dinner and some waters. For dinner we had turkey sandwiches and they were delicious, my dad sure knows how to make good sandwiches because he use to work at a deli, I would stand at the desk on my tippy toes because I was to short to see over and my dad let me get anything I wanted. The deli got shut down because it wasn't bringing in a lot of business and my dad had to get a job as the manager of a Wendy's . Sofia asked me how I became a traveler and I told her that you're not chosen it runs in your family. I never wanted to become a traveler but since my dad is one I am stuck doing it. Its not that bad I get to explore new places, but I am always in danger. I think one of the best adventures I have been in is when me and my dad traveled to Verlox, it was mostly mountainy, we had to do a lot of rock climbing. The next morning woke up and heard a lot of strange noises, some sounded like a cry for help and some sounded like a celebration was happening, I was very confused.

“ Luke what is that noise “Sofia asked “ I don't know , lets go check it out “ I replied. “ Wait, it might be a trap “ my dad said “ Who would make a trap like this “ Sofia said. “ Artemis “ I replied “ Whos that “ Sofia asked “ Artemis is a traveler like us but he is very cruel, he doesn't care about anything or anyone but himself, i've ran into him a couple times but he is always hidden in the shadows and never talks “ I answered . “ He sounds very mysterious ” “He is, I don't know why though “ . We started walking to the noise, but I noticed something very strange, there was a carving on the burnt tree that said “ Don't go beyond this point “ . I got very curious and started asking myself “ why would someone write that “, then I heard a loud scream, it was Sofia she was stuck in a net that looked hand made and as I was trying to release her from it I heard someone right behind me. They grabbed my hand and asked “ What are you doing here “ I replied “ Trying to help my friend i'm not from this dimension i'm from Burnington in the dimension Crystal “ “ Oh im sorry thought you were with that other traveler, hes the one who burnt down everything this place use to be so beautiful now its not “ “ Im sorry, that is why I am here to stop him and his evil plans “ “ If you guys are done over there do mind and try and help me out “ Sofia said. When we got Sofia out he introduced us to his friends they said they put traps all around their site because the didn't want Artemis to destroy their last bit of life, a small little tree and two seeds. They said this place used to look like a huge jungles with many different trees and peaceful animals until the Artemis came and torched everything. They don't know why he did it he just came and the next thing they know it everything is burning and all the animals have left, the managed to save one little tree and its seeds. Luckily for them like us their dimension has plenty of water to last them for a very long time but they didn't get to it in time. There dimension isn't all like ours, it's not as developed as ours they don't have cars or phones or fast food places, there dimension is like the dinosaur age. I think it is better that way because then their dimension wouldn't try and take over ours. After he introduced me to his friends he introduced himself. “ I'm Robby Belham i'm also 14, but unlike you I am an adult “ in their dimension an adult is considered 13 and up instead of 18 and up. Their moms and dads leave their kids once they have become 10, then its up to the kid to survive, but they are far more mature than a 10 year old in my dimension because they have been raised to hunt down animals, but since Artemis burnt down everything all the animals have left to the rivers and lakes, they haven't eaten anything in two days and starting to get sick.Since they're not as developed as us mostly people get really sick of diseases and sometimes die, but they learn to keep going no matter what.

They said they're planning to travel to the Bancotte river so we decided to tag along. Along the way Sofia asked Robby “ Isn't scary being your own at a young age “ he replied “ Yes but that is why me and my friends travel in groups “ “ You mess with one of us you mess with all “ his friend said. The only scary part about traveling to the river is that there are big mountains that we have to climb because many trees are blocking the paths because when they got lit on fire the roots died and the trees collapsed EVERYWHERE! After hours of climbing up and down we were finally able to see the river the only problem is, that Artemis got there before us and was standing at the edge of the river just looking at his reflection in the water. I didn't exactly know why maybe he was seeing at what he has become, I don't know, he was just standing there like a scarecrow. When I looked away then looked back he vanished in the blink of an eye. Ever since i saw him he has always been very creepy. I dont know what his problem is, he is always quiet, and always has a mad look in his face every time I see him. This time he didn't look angry he looked sad so that made me start wondering maybe he has feelings just like every other human being but doesn't like to show them. We headed down to where he was standing to get a drink because the sun had a very disturbing hot glare that would make you sweat in under 10 minutes. Here in this dimension Robby told us that the sun was a lot closer, which made it hard to keep the trees and plants fresh but they won't have to worry about that anymore, now the have to worry about Artemis and what he will do next. We gathered up enough water to last us a while but as I was walking by I noticed something shiny on the ground, I picked it up and it was a picture of a man and a woman about middle age who looked a lot like Artemis in a gold locket , then the thought came to my head, did Artemis’s mom and dad die and that is why he is always mad and I thought about it the whole way back to the camp site. We got back and noticed something different Sofia said “ Come check this out ” ” What's wrong “ I replied “ I don't know, there is a creepy logo indented in the dirt “ “ It looks like a sign or something like that “ I said “ This is bad news “ my father said “ Why “ I asked curiously “ I have seen this before in Detox the water dimension, its a sign of saying “This Is Next” I replied “ Does It mean that this dimension is doomed ““ I'm afraid it does, I'm afraid it does ” he replied sadly “ How can we stop it “ “ Artemis, we need to find him and stop him before anyone gets hurt “. “ When I was walking back I found this “ then I showed him the gold locket. “ My father looked at then said go put it back where you found it “ “ Why “ “ Its to complicated “ “ Tell me “ “ O.K. back then me and Artemis use to go to the same school “ “ Wait what, I thought you hate each other “ “ We do, but let me tell the story, so me and Artemis went to the same school and were pretty good buds, he introduced me to his family and I introduced him to my family, we were about 15 and we both liked the same girl but I asked her out before him and he got mad because he loved this girl, he said I took away his true love and for that he would try and make my life miserable and he did until sofmore year of college. He disappeared I looked everywhere for him until I ran into him at the room with the simulator in it I fooled him into the simulator and there I was on a different Dimension named Santalone a place with lots and lots of sand.



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 0 comments.