The Delinquent | Teen Ink

The Delinquent

By Hawkmoon BRONZE, Utica, New York
Hawkmoon BRONZE, Utica, New York

I've been stressed out from college stuff lately and wanted to start writing again.  Because of college, I had been losing inspiration to wirte anything, now that I'm taking a break from college, I thought I would write something.  I created this piece because I was always into the "Strong yet brutal"  types, the main character is inspsired by Attack on Titan's character, Levi Ackerman.  So I thought, what would happen if someone like Levi was put in a more modern time?

And this happened to come out.  Hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

It starts in the year a family of 3 waiting at a train station in Tokyo, Japan on a bright and sunny day at about 12:35 pm.  In the family of 3, there was a man, a woman, and a young girl who couldn’t have been older than 14.  The man had black hair that was combed backwards and had dark brown eyes, he was wearing a dark blue polo t-shirt with khakis pants and brown shoes.  The woman was wearing pink sun dress with white heels, she had long brown hair that flowed like a waterfall down her back and had light brown eyes.  The girl was wearing a white t-shirt and blue shorts and grey sneakers, she had long dark brown hair that was tied back and flipped over her left shoulder and had brown eyes.
“I’m sorry for informing you all of this so suddenly.”  The man said to his family.
“It’s fine dad.”  The girl replied.  “After all, we know you had a family before us anyway.”
“I think it’s nice that you’re going out of your way to help your son.”  The woman replied.  “I wonder what type of person he is?”
“Who knows, last time I ever saw him was 10 years ago, he couldn’t have been older than 6.”  The father replied.  “The look on his face however…”
The father remembers the day he left his first wife.  The father was getting into a limo as his first wife tried frantically to stop him.  They were outside of their house.
“Please don’t go darling!”  The first wife said as she held onto the door.  The limo drive tried to get her off but she fights back.  “Why!?  Why are you doing this now!?”
“I’m sorry, it’s just; you wouldn’t understand…”  The father replied.
“How can I understand anything when you won’t talk to me!?”  The mother exclaimed.  “Are you just going to leave me and your child!?”
The father looks at the young boy standing at the doorway, he was staring blankly.  The father looks for a moment, then closes his eyes as the limo drive finally was able to get her off of the door.
“Goodbye.”  The father said to his first wife as the limo drove away.
The mother drops to her knees and begins to sob, the young boy walks to his mother and looks at the limo driving away.  The father glances back for a moment, him and his son make eye contact.
Back to the present…
“Honey? Honey!”  The woman called to her husband.
The father snaps back into reality and looks around, even his daughter was worried.
“You okay dad?”  The girl asked her father.
“Yeah, I’m sorry you guys.”  The father said to his wife and daughter.
“I understand that it’s difficult to remember the past, but think about it this way; you can finally have that chance to reconnect with your son.”  The mother proposed.
“You’re right, I should look at this like an opportunity.”  The father replied.  “But, what if he hates me?  I mean, I wouldn’t be surprised if he does.  After all, I left them without explaining anything.”
The mother reaches for the father’s hand and holds it.  The father looks at his wife, she smiles and gives him a kiss on the cheek.
“You over think things too much.”  The mother said jokingly.  “It’ll be fine.”
The father smiles and grips his wife’s hand.
“Yeah, You’re right.”  The father replied.
“Sheesh, can you do that like anywhere but here please?”  The daughter proclaimed.
The father and mother laugh as the train finally approaches.
“Moment of truth.”  The father stated.
The mother grips his hand tighter.
“I’m here for you.”  The mother replied.
“I can’t wait to see what my brother is like!”  The daughter proclaimed.
Suddenly, as the doors open, a thug gets thrown out of the train and falls to the ground forward onto his chest.  His face was all bloody and he was even missing a few teeth, his right-hand wrist was broken as well.  Two more thugs are thrown out of the train, they were knocked out hard, their faces were also bloody as the first one, one thug’s nose was broken and the other a black eye.
“What is all this?”  The father asked.
“Please, forgive us, we won’t do it again!”  The first thug proclaimed as he kneeled down and faced the train, suddenly, his face gets kicked upward and he falls on his back.
“First, you pickpocket my wallet, then you try to make me look like the thief, and now you beg for mercy?”  A mysterious and deep voice replied.
A teenager steps out of the train, he had black hair and dark brown eyes, he was wearing a black jacket hoodie that reached just passed his hips and a white V-neck t-shirt.  The sleeves on his jacket were rolled up until they met his elbow joints.  He also hands on blue jeans and black shoes.  He had white hand wraps on both of his hands, the same ones used in boxing, they had dried blood on them, whether it is from his own blood or not is unknown.  He had the look of both a delinquent and a killer.
The teenager walks over the thug and grabs the thug by the collar.  He slams him into the train and punches the thug in his face.
“There’s a saying with people in your line of work.  When you steal someone’s stuff, either be swift like the wind or be prepared to get your ass handed to you.”  The teenager said to the thief.  “Guess where you fell on the spectrum?”
Then, a security guard approaches the thug and the teenager.
“What do you two think you’re doing!?”  The security guard proclaimed.
The teenager throws the thug onto the ground, the thug crawls towards the security guard.
“This piece of human garbage tried to pickpocket me back on the train, then he picked a fight with me, I acted in self-defense and well; he can tell you the rest.”  The teenager said as he gave the thug a threatening glare.  “Isn’t that right?”
“YES! YES, IT’S ALL TRUE!” The thug said to the security guard.  “PLEASE, I’LL GO ANYWHERE, JUST GET ME AWAY FROM HIM!”
“Alright, come with me then.  I’m calling the authorities.”  The security guard said as he picked the thug up and led him to the station.
“Oh, thank you sir! Thank you!” The thug said excitedly as he was taken away.
Everyone in the train station was scared, people were taking steps back, mothers were holding onto their children’s hands.
The teenager ignores all of the glares that were clearly his way and takes out his phone.  He sends a text to someone on his phone, suddenly; the father’s phone vibrates, the father takes his phone out and sees that it’s a message from his son.  The text read “I’m here.”
The father froze in shock as he looked at the teenager.
“R-Ryuzaki?”  The father said towards the teenager.
The teenager turns around and looks at his father.
“Dad.”  Ryuzaki replied.
The mother and daughter were standing behind the father in fear of Ryuzaki.
“Son…” The father replied.