Kids and The Dragons | Teen Ink

Kids and The Dragons

October 2, 2018
By LILEM1, Indianapolis, Indiana
More by this author
LILEM1, Indianapolis, Indiana
0 articles 0 photos 0 comments

The author's comments:

This is the entire book there are no chapters

Kids and

The Dragons

Today I decided to go to my best friend’s house. Her name is Rissa. We were going to a dragon amusement park with our parents. We are both an only child. So My mom and Rissa’s dad were the ones bringing us to the park. We arrived at the plane to get on and when our parents were talking to the pilot and weren’t paying attention to me and Rissa, The tour guide for the park tried to scare us about real dragons being there. But our parents overheard and told the tour guide to stop messing with us and tell us the truth.

On the plane the tour guide kept staring at us with a disgusted look. We think that he’s bad at us about what happened before we got on the plane. We seen his name tag and I think it said his name was Mark. It was a 12hr flight so we decided to take a nap.

When we landed it was weird because we didn’t land at an airport. We landed on an island. When we got off of the plane we were on a hill and we had a great view. Turns out the amusement park was on an island. It makes sense but I was surprised because I didn’t expect it. It was a great view of the entire park from up on the hill.

Mark told us to follow him so we all started following. He said not to worry about our luggage because it was being delivered to our rooms. Which is kind of ironic because were heading to our rooms right now. When we arrived everyone was surprised because we expected a hotel or something but we weren’t even close. It turns out we all have seperate little huts. There are two people per hut so me and Rissa are sharing a hut and my mom is sharing a hut with one of her friends that came along. My mom had no idea she was even on the plane with us, it was a big surprise. But Rissa’s dad has to share a hut with a man he doesn’t know but he looks like he’s Rissa’s dads age so they should get along.

Me and Rissa spent the rest of the day settling in to our hut. The tour guide also started to get settled into his hut so the rest of the tour will continue tomorrow. But me and Rissa brought some games to play so when we were done unpacking and making our hut look nice we played some games. When it got really dark our parents came into our hut to put us to sleep because they didn’t want us up all night.  

In the morning me and Rissa got up really early so we had time to ourselves. We brought our alarm clocks to wake us up. We get up at 6:00 in the morning. Mark told us last night that we get breakfast at 7:45 in the morning so Rissa and I had about 2 hours before breakfast to do whatever we want. But Mark told us we can’t leave our huts until breakfast because we don’t know our way around yet. I don’t think he’s mad at us anymore.

It was time for breakfast and we heard someone blow a horn outside so we looked out the window. We seen Mark standing their with the horn so we went outside to meet him. Everyone else met us in the yard and he brought us to the mess hall to eat. It kind of felt like we were at a summer camp but with our parents. But I didn’t think about it to much. After breakfast Mark gave us the rest of the tour. After the tour we got to do whatever we wanted since we knew where everything was now. Me and Rissa just started to explore ourselves.

There were a lot of trees and there was a big forest around the park so we found some paths and we walked around their. Our parents were just sitting around and let us do whatever since it’s an island and we get in that much trouble and nothing bad could happen to us. When we were walking we seen the ocean straight ahead. We were gonna go to the ocean but then we seen a little river so we followed it. It lead us to a big cave in the side of a mountain.

We decided to be adventuress and go into the cave. We walked into the cave and it got deeper down in the ground the farther we went. We got to the bottom of the cave and we seen light at the end of the tunnel. We headed towards the light very stealthily. When we got down to the entrance you won’t believe what we saw.

It was a cave of live dragons. There were lots of nests down there and it looked like the dragons were scared but I don’t think they were as scared as me and Rissa. We ran out of the cave as fast as we could and we were heading back to tell everybody. But then we stopped running and realized that Mark was telling the truth and they might try to hurt them. That’s probably why they looked so scared down there. So instead of running we walked all the way back to the park.   

Back at the park we kept silent about what we saw. We walked back to our hut to talk about it. We thought about what we were gonna do about the situation. Then our parents walked in and spooked us. We jumped about a foot in the air. They told us to calm down and that Mark told them it’s time for lunch if your hungry.

We all went to lunch together. The food there is really good and it took my mind off of the dragon situation. I love eating here because it’s calm and I can eat as much as I want. Rissa suggested we play some games tonight and have fun to take our minds off of everything. Our parents told us that we were all gonna go on a walk and me and Rissa screamed “NO” at the top of our lungs. They said okay we won’t go on a walk. Then I said “We can all play games in mine and Rissa’s hut.”

Back at the hut we played tons of games together but then it hit 8:30 and our parents said their going to sleep. So me and Rissa cleaned up our hut and Rissa said “Hey I seen some fishing poles when we were going on the tour. Do you wanna go fishing.” Me “Yeah but right now it’s gonna be dark soon.” “Exactly it’s the perfect time to go fishing.” “I mean you do have a point let’s do it.”

When we were getting the fishing poles Rissa told me that she wants to go back into the cave and give the dragons the fish that we catch. I agreed because I felt bad for the dragons and I’ve always loved dragons after I seen them in the movies. When we got to the ocean we fished for a couple of hours. We caught six fish in total. We decided we were done and we could each have three fish.


On our way back to the cave we heard some noises coming from the cave and they didn’t sound good. We ran to the cave as fast as we could. When we got there we seen Mark come out of the cave followed by two guys we didn’t know. We waited behind a rock until they were gone. When they were gone we ran into the cave as fast as cheetahs. When we got down there we didn’t see any dragons so we walked all the way in to check. We seen two eggs in a nest but there weren’t anymore in the other nests. When we got to the end of the cave there wasn’t anything there.

When we were walking out we heard something behind us. We turned around but their wasn’t anything there. We still heard the noise so we walked slowly towards the wall. We tried to put our ears against the wall to listen but we fell into the wall. We freaked out, it was like an invisible wall. But we didn’t focus on it to much because we fell into a giant tunnel in the cave. We got up and started to walk down the tunnel.

It felt like we were walking forever but then we seen a light. We knew exactly what it meant because the last time we seen a light at the end of a tunnel we found a cave of dragons. So we silently and cautiously walked up to the light. When we looked inside we expected to see a cavern of dragons but instead we seen a smaller cave with one nest and two dragons then we got a nasty thought.

We both thought the exact same thing when we seen this. We thought back to how we seen Mark and the guys walk out. Then we both knew what they did. We both looked at each other with a disgusted face about the thought.

Then we walked in a little further to get a better look. When we were walking Rissa stepped on something and the dragons turned around and seen us. We froze where we were and we didn’t move a muscle hoping they won’t eat us. Then when they walked closer they started sniffing us. We were confused but then we remembered we had fish. That’s dragons favorite food.


We started to move but they got defensive again so we grabbed out our fish and dropped all of our stuff. Then they felt safer and calmed down so me and Rissa gave them our fish. When they ate it we reached out to pet them. They still got a little defensive but they still felt a bit safe. So they bent down their heads for us to pet them.

Then me and Rissa realized that it’s still night and we need to get back to our hut. We raced down the tunnel and we went through the invisible wall, we were going through the first cavern I grabbed the two eggs and put them in my backpack just in case Mark comes back. Then we rushed down the cave and back to the hut.

When we got back I grabbed a lot of grass from the yard then we went inside. I put all of the grass on a blanket on the floor in the closet and when it was soft I laid the eggs on top. Then we went to sleep after shutting the closet door.

In the morning our alarm clock went off but we just turned it off and went to sleep because we were exhausted last night. Then a couple of hours went by and we heard the horn so we got up and got ready. Then we headed out. Mark told us that it was time for breakfast.

At breakfast Rissa, our parents, and I decided to have a fun day and ride some roller coasters. We spent all day having fun with our parents we ate tons of candy and carny food. I think we all had a sugar rush but we didn’t care we were all enjoying our time together. When it got late we all decided to go fishing since Rissa brought it up. We all headed to the poles then we headed out to the ocean.

We took the same path that we took when we found the cave. When we were walking our parents seen the river that leads to the cave and they thought it would be fun to follow it just like me and Rissa did. But me and Rissa said that we came to go fishing so we should go down to the shore. So we kept heading forward. Once we got there we all baited our hooks and got to fishing.

 

Our parents left early and told us to hurry back when were done. We both looked at each other with a mischievous look and I knew exactly what she was thinking. When we knew they were gone we grabbed all of the fish we caught and the fishing poles. Then we left and went to the cave where the dragons were. When we got there it looked normal like the first time we got there.

We went in to see the dragons and feed them. We went to the back of the cave and into the invisible wall. We walked down the long tunnel. When we got down to the small cavern we walked in and seen the dragons. We gave them each some fish then we played with them for a while. Then we decided to go back to the hut.

When we got back we peeked into both of our parents huts and said goodnight. Then we did some research on types of dragons to see what types of dragons were in the cave. After our research we got a little sleepy. I forgot we had the eggs in our closet and when we were about to fall asleep I heard something crack in the closet. Then I remembered the eggs and I checked on them. When I looked inside I seen two baby dragons. I woke up Rissa and we stayed up all night.

In the morning we heard the horn and we locked the baby dragons in the closet. We went outside to meet Mark and all I could think about were the dragons every time I seen him. We all got out there and he told us everything he tells us every morning. Then we went to breakfast. Rissa and I were really hungry from getting no sleep.

At breakfast me and Rissa overheard our parents talking about how people started moving here because they could get jobs on the island. Then they told us they had to go and rushed out as fast as they could. Then me and Rissa headed out of the mess hall and back to the hut. When we got there we opened the closet to check on the babies and they looked as exhausted as us.

 


So Rissa and I locked the doors and windows. Then we covered all the possible ways to see in there. After we were done we each took a baby dragon and got in bed. We cuddled with them and fell asleep. We slept for most of the day then we got a knock on the door. We both jumped out of our beds when we heard it. We locked the babies in the closet as fast as we could. Then we opened the door and it was Mark.

He told us to watch our backs and then he stormed off. We had no clue what he meant but we were frightened. We couldn’t stop thinking about what he said. Then my mom showed up and asked us about what he said. We told her then she told us that she’s going to talk to the park owner. Then she told us that her and Rissa’s dad need to speak to us about something important so meet them in the mess hall.

When we got to the mess hall we seen our parents sitting at a table with an excited look on their faces. When we got to the table they told us to take a seat that they have something important to discuss. Mom “We heard that there are beautiful houses on the east side of the island.” Rissa’s dad “Yes and we were thinking about renting one.” Me and Rissa “Really.” Me “But were only staying for a couple more days.” Mom “That’s what we wanted to discuss. We have seen how much you guys love it here. So we went out and found jobs if you guys want to move here. Rissa’s dad “Yes but we made it so that our jobs start next week just in case you guys don’t want to move here.” Mom “So what’s your answer.” Me and Rissa “YES”

Me and Rissa ran back to our hut and packed everything so we could move. When we were packing my mom was talking to the owner of the park about Mark. Then me and Rissa realized that we had two baby dragons to move. We decided to move them to the secret cavern behind the cave at night when everyone was sleeping.

 

 

We got a knock at the door when we were packing and we opened it. It was my mom and she told us that the park owner is going to fire Mark for threatening kids. We got really happy but not because he was losing his job but he can’t hurt anymore dragons. Then my mom told us that we had to leave for about a day so we can go back home and pack all of our stuff from our houses.

That night we went to sleep in our huts for the last time because in the morning we were leaving. But before we went to sleep we snuck the babies to the secret cavern. In the morning we left all of the packaging in mine and Rissa’s hut so we didn’t have to bring it home and then bring it back.

When we were about to get on the plane me and Rissa looked at the cave where our dragons were and whispered to ourselves “Be careful while we are gone.

 

 

The End



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 0 comments.