The big reveal | Teen Ink

The big reveal

January 9, 2019
By Anonymous

Author's note:

this is about a girl who discovers she has super powers

The author's comments:

first chapter

THE BIG REVEAL
It was a rainy school day when I was sitting in math. I was bored but then the bell rang. I rushed out of class as fast as I could. I felt like I had gotten out really fast considering my desk was in the corner opposite from the door. Wait? Why is everybody looking at me weird?
After school on facetime with my cousin Haley:
Allie:
Duuuude today in math it was so weird, I felt like I went out really fast, like faster then usual, and everybody was giving me weird looks!
Haley:
That’s weird. Probably nothing, its not like you could have super powers or anything, haha.
The next day at school I was walking with my friends in the halls. We were being dorks and trying to “cut each other out” of the line when walking. When they cut me out I started running to catch up with them. All of the sudden I was 30 feet ahead of them.
Me:
What just happened?
Them: uhhh allie you just ran SUPER fast down the hall
Me:
Whaaat that’s crazy? Maybe just a coincidence.
I got home and I was really curious so I went to my backyard and decided to test it. I went to one side of my fence and got out my phone for a timer, Ready..set..go! and I started running. 2 seconds?! I was shocked. How is that possible? I was starting to freak out! I pulled out my phone and facetimed my cousin and told her everything that has been going on.
Haley:
Bro that’s crazy
Me:
I know right! What should I do?!
Haley:
Uhhhhhh… Talk to your parents?
Me:
NO WAY! They will think I’m crazy! Please help me I don’t know what to do! Im freaking out! I HAVE SUPER SPEED! DO YOU RELIZE THAT!
Haley:
Wow Allie. Calm down, it will be fine. I have to tell you something.
Me:
Oh no.. what is it?
Haley:
Id rather tell you in person, can you hangout Friday?
Me:
Yeah. But I can’t wait that long!!!!!
Haley:
Trust me. You can.
On Friday after school I get a knock on my door! Its Haley, I welcome her into the house and then Immediately grab her and take her up to my room.
Me:
BRO TELL ME NOW PLEASEEEEEE!
Haley:
Okay okay. Here it goes..
It’s been a while now. I… I also have super speed. I told my mom and she didn’t believe me. When our parents were in Cancun and we were staying at grandma and grandpas, I got up early to help him with the gardening, he told me to run and get the tools, so I ran into the garage. When I got back he seemed shocked. He sat me down and told me how I have super powers and I need to use them carefully. He also has them, apparently its passed down to 3 special children in the next generation. We are 2.
Me:
Wait wait… 3? eWho is the 3rd?
Haley:
Well we don’t know that yet. But grandpa told me how to use the powers and control them and only use them for good. On Sunday lets convince our parents to go up to grandpas.
Me:
Okay.. lets normally hangout like we usually do and try not to think of the whole superpowers thing please?
We continued hanging out as normal. On Sunday we got our parents to both go up to grandpas. Me and Haley immediately pulled grandpa aside, she explained everything to him, immediately he hugged me.

Grandpa:
You are a special lucky child. You and your cousin are the chosen ones for this generation.
Me:
Wait Haley told me its 3 people?
Grandpa:
Hahaha well yes, but we don’t know who it is. It could be any of your 30 cousins. It might be a while before we figure this out.
Me:
Okay.. so I’m still confused? What is happening. Everything is so confusing and unreal.
Grandpa:
Come Haley, we have lots to teach her.
After they had all given me LOTS of lectures and lessons we went back to our normal daily Sundays.
Me:
let’s go to the hill and have a race!
Haley:
Sure why not, just as long as nobody sees us.
Me:
GO!
we both started running super-fast. But she still beat me by 30 seconds
Me:
How were you so fast?!
Haley:
Your powers get faster over time. You will get faster, trust me.
We started having a conversation on how to use our powers for good and our plans for the future. I was very curious which one of our cousins could have been the 3rd, that’s when our aunt Becky pulled up and her son Ian ran out of the car, but abnormally fast. Me and Haley immediately ran up to him and too him to grandpa. We had finally found the 3rd super power kid.
The end
By
Allie Griffiths period 2



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 0 comments.