The Power Outage!! | Teen Ink

The Power Outage!!

By zeveboi2 BRONZE, Chicago, Illinois
zeveboi2 BRONZE, Chicago, Illinois

Summary:

The Power Outage!!

Once upon a time there was a group of friends that were all about the age of twelve, and lived in Chicago. The kids names were Jake, Max, Chuck, and Lily. The kids were not just a group of friends but they are all siblings that are “free” which basically means that their parents are dead and the police are looking for them, to put the four in Foster care or an orphanage. The kids have all different types of characteristics Jake is the adventurous athletic type that usually is always active, Max is the same but a little bit more muscular and stronger than jake, Chuck is more of the non adventurous person he is just more introverted but he is stronger than Jake, Lily is mainly just a smart and strong independent girl  that will eventually find her path in life.

One nice, beautiful Summer day the kids decided to go outside of the train car, that they live in and explore the hidden parts of the underground subway. They explored the secret underground gateways that would lead to something or locked fences that they would climb over, or at least try to. As they were walking through the underground abandoned subway tunnels with their flashlights, Max’s news app on his super old garbage phone from 2012 said that there will be a massive power outage the next day. After the four kids heard the news they panicked and got very scared. Right at that moment Max said to the three of them to be quit because the news is giving out more information about this topic. The news anchor said that the Wholefoods on 51st street would still have power but they will not open until the power outage will happen, so on that note the people that would want to go to the Wholefoods would have to travel through complete darkness to get there. The kids were not scared anymore but confident because they had one phone and a bunch of flashlights to make there way to the Wholefoods until the news guy said that all devices would have no power when the outage starts, and that the outage would start in 5 hours. The anchor also said that this power outage would last for about 10 hours until the city would get energy and light again. Last thing that the anchor said was that this whole power outage is gonna be caused by a super evil villain “ViLLAin” so he could see the city in chaos. ViLLAin also made a science drink that he blasted into the Chicago sky.

The first things  that the kids wanted to do was try to get closer to the Whole Foods because they were decently far from the store, there biggest challenge that they had was to mainly get a lot closer to the store without the police noticing. So the kids got from that abandoned subway that they were living in on 38th street and walked with the disguise of hoodies to 43rd street. When the kids were approaching 39th street a group of police officers were in the middle of the sidewalk. When Jake with his hoodie up and his head down asked the police man and his fellow officers to move so they can get through and they surprisingly did without noticing that were the kids that they tried to find for so many years, and still are. Once the kids got up to 43rd street they found a really sketched out alley that had a little vent that went outside of one of the building that was right next to the alley so they decided to rest there for 30 minutes. Once the kids stopped resting they went back on their journey to the store. When they were walking Lily felt a huge piece of hail hit her left arm, the kids thought it was just a chunk of ice because there was a snowstorm a couple days ago in New York, but it wasn’t. It happened to be a huge hail storm! Max thought it out and he thought that it was probably ViLLAin that summoned a huge storm to terrorize the citizens of New York. What they did was find a little place with shelter which happened to be a little 711. After the storm the kids finally reached 47th street which was pretty close, Max pulled out his phone to check the time, it was 6:30 in the morning which meant the kids only had 30 minutes or 31 till the Whole Foods opens. Right when they turned the corner on 51st street the kids saw the biggest crowd of people that lined up and just bunched to get in the store when the power outage just happened, all of the City lights got shut off and the store lights came on. When the doors open Max thought to himself that it was like a bull run when all of the people were storming into the place. Once the kids got in front of them they saw a group of Officers and their Dad that they never met standing next to one of them.                                                                                         

zeveboi2

The Power Outage!!