The Search for the Heavens | Teen Ink

The Search for the Heavens

April 17, 2019
By EvanWalker, Newport, Delaware
More by this author
EvanWalker, Newport, Delaware
0 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Author's note:

“Ya know, When I was your age, My father spent all his money on buying me a short poorly maintained sword from a old blacksmith, He gave it to me. Everyday we’d practice together, He taught me what to not do and what to do in a fight, And What it means to carry Honor on your shoulders, That’s why-”


I was 16 at the time My dad had to go, We were Working in the old garden my mom used to take care of, We couldn't do much to keep it in shape that she always wanted, but for sure we worked hard on it. Our Village was small, Most houses were Made from Wood and grass, Others weren't even houses - Just Shacks to live in, But The villagers didn't care. Everyday is a hard one but we always make sure to celebrate another good harvest every night, When we partied we forgot about our hardships and troubles, we would Just Eat and Laugh until everyone had to go.


“Your mother would've scolded me if I didnt water these roses!’’ My dad laughed, He knelt down and started to water them, taking his time to Water every single one with care. I sat besides him - I was never really one for being this patient - I admired that someone his age can just forget about the world and continue to Work with careful gestures.

 

“It's starting to get a bit late dad, We should go in for now” I said,


My dad scoffed, “ We could work all night!, A Kiddo like you should be able to work even more that me!. Alright When we get inside I’ll see if I can whip up something for us to eat”


He emerged from the ground, Stretching a little and looked up at the sky.


“Ya know, When I was your age, My father spent all his money on buying me a short poorly maintained sword from a old blacksmith, He gave it to me. Everyday we’d practice together, He taught me what to not do and what to do in a fight, And What it means to carry Honor on your shoulders, That’s why-”


“I know dad, You want to one day teach me what it means to have Honor and Glory like a warrior. In My opinion, i’d rather use my fists instead of a sword” I interrupted.


My Dad Burst in laughter, “ Whatever Weapon you carry by your side, I hope you Claim victory either way, son.”


The Inside of our house wasn't very big, Two Bed’s, 1 room and a bathroom, Magic lamp hanging Next to the door. The only window he had was a decent size though, we could see a good distance from here to the Trading district.


The time was now 12:30


I woke up to the sound of Transportation aegis’s outside our window,  

“We never get those around here.” I thought to myself.


I sneaked further out to see what’s happening, I sneaked quietly towards the door


I opened the door, There were countless of Aegis vehicles around the village, I‘ve never seen anything Like this before. I walked further down to see everyone pushed up against each other - Holded at gunpoint by Mechanized soldiers, The village elder, Alania was in front of them kneeling.


“ WHAT ARE YOU DOING!?” I yelled furiously.

I ran towards The group, Grabbing a stone on the way. My body was burning with pugnacious and moved on its own. “LEAVE THEM ALONE!” I threw the rock at one of the soldiers, It immediately turned around and pointed it’s rifle directly at me.


“Hold it” Ordered a Voice, The Soldier quickly turned back around and aimed at the villagers.


The voice stepped forward. A Slim, White haired male walked in front of me , He wore a black suit with several medals on it, He stared directly at my face”. “You must be the son of Calais I presume, Where's your Father? Boy.”  


“ You’re from the capital right? I don't take orders from you capital dogs” I sneered.


The commander chuckled, “Dogs? Is that the way you treat someone who’s protecting you Savages out here in dirty villages?”. He took out his sword and pointed it to my Neck, I gulped hard at the sight of it. “I am Theodore Scholdwtch, 3rd Executive Commander of the Imperial army. I am here on the assignment of taking your father in, a Dungeon capturer I was told.”


I heard of people like that, There’s 17 dungeon around the Kingdom of Oreana, If you capture one, One of the gods themselves bless you with a certain power.  


“Enough talk, Where is your father boy.” Commander Theodore said as he grew impatient - He moved his sword closer to my neck.


“I-” I couldn't muster anything from my Mouth, M- M- My dad…. A Dungeon Capturer?, I’ve been with him all my life, and He hasn't ever told me that.


“Enough” Someone behind me shouted, “Leave him alone - I’ll go with you”.

I recognized that voice, “DAD NO” I shouted.

The imperial army commander ordered the soldiers to capture My dad, He looked at me and smiled.

 

“The world isn't a very good place for most, With Family and Friends though; Anyone can live with Hope and happiness! Never Let those who stand in your way of the heavens bring you down. Me and Your mother raised you with a tight bound of light, I’m sorry I can't see your journey from here, son” He spoke siently.


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


From that day on, I decided to become a dungeon capturer to Find my dad, I will never give up that search!



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 0 comments.