Kings of Azur | Teen Ink

Kings of Azur

By robis23, Monticello, Illinois
robis23, Monticello, Illinois

" Chosen Undead, your fate... is to succeed the Great Lord Gwyn. So that you may link the Fire, cast away the Dark, and undo the curse of the Undead." - Kingseeker Frampt

This is loosely based on a game call Dark Souls. All of these things are my orginal ideas however.

In The Beginning Age there were two kings. King Noran the First and King Skeletor. These kings ruled together over the Kingdom of Azur. A brand new kingdom in the Beginning Age. The kings soon  found out that their beloved kingdom would perished to another age, The Blackened Age. The Blackened Age was filled with the husks of humans and demons to fill every nook and cranny they found. This was a time were heroes needed to arise, but none came. So the kings decided on a way to make heroes. Reincarnation. They would sacrifice themselves to their kingdom and be resurrected as a strong, durabile, and intelligent human that would persuade the masses. This was a flawless plan to them but another person thought otherwise. The starter of The Blackened Age, Void Treverser Ban, felt that the kings cheated death. Ban was furious at the two king’s plan to renew the age they started. Ban sent out a messenger to inform the kings of their sins. The king's simply thwarted the messenger aside and banished it from their holy lands, but the messenger had a plan to sabotage the kings. While kneeling at the king’s throne, the messenger placed a curse on the kings. The curse states that, Whoever comes back as an undead shall and will be burned with a mark that will tell the misdoings of one's sins. The kings knew nothing of this vile curse and planned on their resurrection.

With the souls of their followers and the blessing of the Lord Blass, they sacrificed themselves to each other. In order to be reincarnated in this land, you need to give yourself up to another person in good will. This was the advice from Lord Blass. Lord Blass was an intelligent man and blessed with the God’s blessings. Once they etched the souls of their followers into their own souls, they placed a hand on each other, and drawed a blade to each other's heart (this was a gruesome way to be reincarnated but it to be done this way.)

A few weeks time has passed until the kings awoken from their slumber. Wounds healed and a darkened circle on their back. This was the curse in affect. Mere minutes after being resurrected came a burning sensation that turned into a bitter chill. The kings looked at each other in horror. Their skin turned an iridescent shade of purple. Their skin seemed to crumple up. Their size shrunk down to a poor man begging for food on a street. The kings in shock ran to Lord Bass in need of help. After setting his eyes upon them, he exiled them from their own kingdom and took full reign over Azur. Ban, satisfied with his work, sent his army into a war with Lord Blass. This will become known as the Battle of Blasphemy and Lies.

The kings were sent to the outskirts of the kingdom known to the commoners as Newvelt. With members of Ban’s army scattered everywhere in Newvelt, the kings were quickly terrified. Outnumbered and especially out trained, the kings feared for their lives and ran. They stumbled upon and old maiden who took the kings in. The old maiden was known as The Witch of Newvelt and knew already about what happened to the kings, for it has happened before. The Witch gave the kings some advice. If any undead that wants to become a human once more needs to make their way to Ban and slay the demon. For he is the one who placed the curse upon you and he can end it all. Slay Ban and the world is yours to succeed.

The kings took the Witch’s advice and set out on their quest. Geared by the Witch and fueled by their rage, the kings took forth into the war. As the kings set off into the distance, the Witch yelled some final advice. If you dare want to challenge Ban, then you need a sturdy vessel. For challenging an Abyss Trespasser means having tremendous power. Find the Beyond Kings and you shall have that power. The kings heard the Witch and took off in a new and different direction. They took off to a new world. The world of Benear.

Benear was home of some of the worst demons ever imagined by the humans. Their nightmares gave fuel for the demons in Benear. This is what made the demons so terrifyingly strong. Their ability to feed of your fears. While the kings headed in the only known path to Benear they met a man by the name of Sir Darter. Sir Darter was an admirable fellow from the kingdoms heart, until he was banished from the kingdom for he too tried to reincarnate himself. The kings saw him guarding the staircase that led to Benear. The staircase he was guarding was held shut by a special type of iron-locked door with chains spiraling around the handles. For everyone knows that demon fire would smolder any type of metal besides amagle steel. Amagle steel is blessed with the God’s Blessing and will withstand any blow that has any magic properties. Even a blast from Lord Blass wouldn't phase the amagle steel door.

Once the kings set their eyes upon the door, their tiny bit of hope was flushed away. No one, in the history of Azur, was able to blast their way through an amagle steel. The king's needed to go to Benear in order to gain one of the Beyond King’s personal treasure. Each Beyond King was held responsible for one of these treasures bestowed upon them by Ban himself. The Beyond King that the two banished kings first sought after was a Robe of Protection. There are three others: The Necklace of Fortitude, The Greatsword of the Great Menphos, and The Dying Light of The Void. Each of these Divine Items are able to grant the wearer the status of  Half-Vessel. If only one king was trying for these items then only two of these Divine Items would be necessary. In order to make a Complete-Vessel, you’ll need to find two Half-Vessels. These Vessels would help the kings stand in the great aura surrounding Ban.

Once Sir Darter saw the hope from the king’s faces disappear, he felt sympathy towards them. He proposed a trade to the kings. Go fourth to the three forbidden areas of Azur. The Great Lake of Linali, The Mountains of the Deceiver Jah, and The Fortress of Undying Will. Visit these three places and within them are the Beyond King’s Treasures. Take it from them and I shall open this door for you. For in this door is the most powerful of Beyond Kings. The kings took Sir Darter’s words and headed towards the closest location. The Great Lake of Linali.

The lake was once a place where worshipers would worship the gods in this land. After the Battle of Blasphemy and Lies has started, the worshippers have avoided this area because of the gnarly demons. The kings were aware of the demons within the lake and headed in. The lake was surrounded by burning trees, that burned forever by the Divine Magic of gods. It looked like molten-hot rods, that were just pulled from the furnace, were sticking up from the ground. Once you could see the Tree’s of Fire and Lava, you would see the lake. Low, even tides touch the beaches and the island within, The Great Lake of Linali was a sight to behold. From a bird’s eye view, it would look like a lightning streak with a smudge in the middle.

The kings were welcomed to the magnificent place with a minotaur like demon, wielding dual swords the size of the kings. This was the first test to prove to the Beyond King that they were worthy of a fight. The demon had devastating blows for the kings. Both swords over its head came crashing down on the kings multiple times, but with a few jumps and stabs away, the demon fell to its knees. After the king’s failed reincarnation, they learned a thing or two while being exiled. This will come in handy throughout their journey through Azur.

Once the demon was dead they followed the dirt path that led them towards the beachy part of the lake. There are three areas in The Great Lake of Linali. The Tree’s of Fire and Lava, the beaches right next to the lake, and the island within the lake. Within the Tree’s of Fire and Lava there was a tower. The tower required a key that was formed with the souls of the demon that was now burning from the trees and a key part from the central island. The island held a church far above the calming tides. This island also held their last trial. The kings made their way through the beaches, but not without some fights, and made it to a dock that was set on the west side of the lake, opposite of the tower. The dock held a small row boat. With one oar and a dream, the kings set off towards the island.

With waves as calming as the ones in the Great Lake, you expect no trouble going across. The lake has a different idea. As soon as the kings made it halfway, the waves wanted them dead. Sending one humongous wave after another, the lake was furious. The kings powered through the Lake’s Furry and docked their boat on the island. While traversing up the path that led to the church, the kings encountered a wide variety of demons. From snakes only having two shields to dogs standing on their hind legs, swinging a sword between their teeth. The kings finally found their rest at the church. Church Antihiem.

This church was once a great place full of worshippers. Legend has it that a god once rested here and blessed the lake itself with a mind of its own. The kings started searching for the key part with only a vague description on what it looks like. Metallic looking with a heart shaped bow attached to it. They found the key underneath a large boulder. After exerting an enormous amount of effort, they finally rolled the boulder away from the key. As soon as King Skeletor pocketited the key, a rumble came from beneath the ruined church. Rocks fell all around them and the ceiling began to open up, revealing the black sun shining on them. As soon as the ceiling opened up, the floor began to collapse. The kings, unhurt but shocked, awoken. After dusting off each part of their body and adjusting to the dimly lit area around them, their eyes fell upon it.

A gargantuan beast stood in their way, with the key on its snout. The beasted raised up on all fours, shook its fur off, and looked at the kings with a glare that petrified them. The beast is known as Firebreather Newo’s Watcher or better known as the King's Guardsman. The beast lowered it tusks to the kings in a intent to have a sword fight with them. The beast charged at the kings, pinning them both down with its paw. All hope is lost for the kings. They tried to rebuild their kingdom but couldn't in the end. Their first challenge, too strong for them. Resistance was futile. A soft warm glow came from underneath the paw. Flames. Noran’s body was engulfed in them. This was known as Liting. A ability that hasn't seen the light of day since the Beginning Age. After Noran was soon engulfed by the flames, the beast was too. Sizzling flesh fell all around them as the beast fell before them. Its head laid at the feet of Noran. The king ripped the key out of its fiery hot flesh.

The kings vanished behind the beast. This was one of the many trials foretold by the Witch. Plenty more waited for the kings. After mere minutes of recuperating, the kings started to the tower. Once they reached the stone brick tower, they merged the two ingredients to make the key. Ascending the tower was as easy as the beast. Demon after demon. Stranger and stranger. They finally hit a trap door. It swung open. Beyond King Newo. He specialized in close combat with its weirdly shaped spear. The spear looked like an upside down cross but with a serpent coiling around the bladed part. With flames licking from the blade as well, the kings were pushed on the wall. A black rope wrapped around Newo and chains coiling around his biceps. This was peak physical condition for any living thing in Azur.

Newo finally acknowledge the kings and stood from his throne. A throne made purely from flames, darkened flames. Newo pointed the spear at the kings and flames roared. The kings dodged and weaved every flame that came out of the spear and since neither of the kings wielded a shield, it was a dodging game. Dodge after dodge, duck after duck, the kings were on the defence until Newo took a breather. Both kings brandished their swords and charged at Newo. Sounds of metal on metal reverberated from the tower. Block after block coming from both sides. Ban had boasted about Newo’s spear once before. A spear that can crack a boulder in half and a sword that can slay a dragon in one swing. The kings didn't stand a chance against the piercing motion that the Newo did with the spear. Clink after clink, the battle seemed to never stop. And then the sounds did stop. Then a loud thud. Newo was slain by the kings. Newo, King of Flames, slain by the husks of Azur’s former kings. A beacon of light shined through the tower and into the night. The beacon seemed to hit the sun and stop it in its rotation. This was a warning to the other Beyond Kings. Death was imminent.

The kings sought after the treasure needed for their quest and upon Newo’s neck, was the Necklace of Fortitude. Was claimed by the kings, they left the tower without hesitation. Newo’s souls in hand, they set of to their next destination, The Mountains of the Deceiver Jah. The treacherous path from The Great Lake of Linali to The Mountains of the Deceiver Jah was filled to the brim with horrifying monster that took to the air. With neither of them having a bow in their arsenal, they had to rely on King Skeletor’s affinity of ranged dark attacks. King Skeletor was godly with a sword, just like King Noran, but he had an advantage. King Skeletor had magic. Dark magic. The ability to bend the mind of the deceased and control the shadows

. Dark could be manipulated and used to fling plagues and binding magic at the foes. Powerful magic for a powerful king. The kings relied on the dark throughout their journey upwards towards the summit of the highest mountain, Jahtain. Jahtain held a fortress high in the clouds. This fortress protected the second Beyond King they will encounter. His name has been forever shrouded in mystery and those who set their eyes upon him will only know his name. Knowing his name is a powerful magic against this Beyond King. If you used his name in a spell or ritual, mighty things would happen. Once the kings had made their way up Jahtain, they found the fortress known as Byling.

Byling had a castle feel to it, though it was very much smaller than the king’s castle in Azur’s heart. Byling was crawling with bugs as tall as a two-ton demon. Byling was also a bug itself. The castle was a living thing, enchanted by the Beyond King to carry him wherever he needed to be. The bug, that was the castle, was half the size of Jahtain and could be seen miles and miles away. It revealed a Leviathan. Once the kings started towards the fortress, it gradually started to move down Jahtain with its one hundred legs. The only way up now was to cut off its feeble and plentiful legs. And the kings did just that.

The bug was toppling over the mountain once the kings had cut off the legs of the bug. After the bug laid upside down and dead, green lightning leaped out everywhere. With green lightning being released from the bug’s dead body, the kings knew that the Beyond King was bringing the fight to them. They just enraged a Beyond King and this was no laughing matter. The Beyond King emerged from the bug’s stomach area, and gave away its identity along with its face. This was no king, it was a queen. A queen in disguise as a king but once enraged, shows her true colors. The name Beyond King is not fitting anymore. Beyond Queen Ssire, Queen of Lighting and Centipedes. Ssire rode out of the bug with two smaller bugs riding alongside with her. The bugs were radiating a green glow and were as fast as, you guessed it, lighting. The kings had no time to react. Both bugs pounded into each of them right after Ssire leaped off them.

Scrambling to get up, they had not thought about an enemy where it can move so fast it was impossible to hit. It was King Skeletor that killed the first bug. With dark magic binding the bug so it couldn't move, Skeletor flung another spell from his hand. This spell tortured the bug until it stop writhing from the pain. These bugs had no pain receptors but with dark magic, it was sure to feel something unpleasant. Ssire and the twin bug looked at its companion in utter rage. The remaining bug flung after King Skeletor but couldn't move an inch. While staring at its companion, King Noran thrusted a sword through its abdomen. Once the bug’s body hit the floor, Queen Ssire was glowing and becoming brighter by the second. The kings believed she was going to burst from the deaths of the bugs. They were wrong.

The light engulfing Ssire overwhelmed the kings. They closed their eyes, hoping it would dull the light. The light was brighter with their eyes closed. After minutes of this piercing white light, it faded. Leaving the Ssire right in front of them. Blacked out eyes, talons piercing the flesh from her back, and the green light emanating from her body. From her back, she ripped out two spikes and wielded them like sword or maybe scythes. Her technique was not known to Azur. From spinning to slashing to throwing a weapon in the air to fully wield one sword with both hands, this was a challenging foe. No easy way out.

The kings were up for a fight that would show Azur that they plan on coming home to their throne. The Queen pointed her swords towards the kings, firing a bolt of lighting into each one of them. With no time to react, the kings took the hit and crumpled to the floor. Is that it? Is it the end for the kings? Traveling so far, slaying a Beyond King for what? So they could die? The Queen laughed at the frail and failed kings. She wanted a fight. She heard what they did to Newo, her old companion in the War Without A Beginning. Revenge sparked the fire.

The kings stood up. They began to walk towards the Queen. The Queen, bewildered, fired bolt after bolt, increasing the voltage with each hit. The kings took tanked bolt after bolt. Ssire was in utter confusion. How were they alive? Not even Newo could tank these bolts. Even with the voltage increasing, the kings continued to walk forward. What was happening? The Queen was a fool for not knowing what was happening. When the kings got hit with the bolt, known as The Bolt of the Veil, they heard a voice in the back of their head. A small echo that was barely heard. Kings… You have trained well… Learned the ways of Gods and Lords… Even the ability to adapt… That one word, adapt, was enough to send the kings upright and towards Ssire. A feature for reincarnations and only the reincarnations was adaptation. The kings learned their many abilities from this strange thing. From their fighting style to King Noran’s Liting, they all learn this from adapting. They are no special reincarnations. They are normal reincarnated kings that have exceeded the limits of adapting. The Queen knows nothing about how reincarnation works and therefore is dumbfounded in this ability reincarnations have.

Queen Ssire, now knowing her attacks have no effect to the kings, started towards them. The kings were now running full force while Ssire was beginning to take this fight seriously. With two swords, she held an upper hand on a one on one duel, but it was a two on one. Keeping an eye on two targets at once is extremely hard, even for a Beyond King. With clash after clash, the battle had started. Noran took up a demon’s style that they picked up along the way and was now beating Ssire down. Her swords held firmly against the blows Noran threw at her, however, her swords could not block magic. With a binding spell in hand, Skeletor shot at Ssire. Missing by a few hairs, the sword clanging started again. For hours, it seemed like the battle would go on forever. While blocking another giant blow from Noran, Ssire’s blade quivered. Ssire was exhausted and couldn't keep up with the kings stanimia. Most of her enemies died with one blow, she didn't have the stamina built up.

She knew she would lose her life in the battle with the kings. She lost her companions, her comrade, and now her life. She didn't want to die. She racked her brain for another option, any option, besides dying. She pulled all of her strength and put them into her legs and ran a good meter or two away from the kings. She bowed her head and ushered a wish. Save me and i'll be your weapon. Save my comrade and i’ll be your servant. This was an appalling action. A Beyond King bending down to some reincarnated kings? This was unheard of. No one would bow to reincarnations, but a Beyond King did. The kings walked up to her and put their blades on top of her head. Her breathing grew erratic. They raised their blade into the air and slammed in down. The only sound that came next was a flap of wings.

When Ssire looked up, there was her comrade being held by bird demons that had skin instead of feathers. Both held her comrade with one of their talons. One demon held the comrades spear. They dropped the Newo onto Ssire and left for the skies again. The kings knew that a Beyond King would never negotiate their lives for another. Behind all that war scarred skin was a human. Newo eyes shot open and turned to Ssire to the kings. Not even after a moment of being awake, he had a spear in hand. Ssire told Newo what had happened, shameful, but he thanked the kings for their generosity. He also pledged his loyalty to the kings. The two-- Beyond King and Queen-- bowed their heads to their new masters. The kings lifted their heads and set forth to their third destination.

With a necklace, which they gave back to Newo, and the Light of the dying Abyss, that was on Ssire, they headed towards The Fortress of Undying Will. As soon as the kings set their feet on the path to the fortress, another beacon shot into the sky. It came from the bug that was as big as any castle. Tears started to well in Ssire’s eyes, but this was not the time for petty emotions. They had two more Beyond Kings to slay. Well in this case only two Beyond Kings to slay. And with that, the four of them left the mountains. The Fortress of Undying Will or, what the peasants that lived around the fortress called it, Stone Insanity.

Stone after stone after stone. That's all there is to see. Brick after brick. Stone Insanity was a gray insane asylum that, within, held monsters and demons that blended into the walls or floors. Traps everywhere. The brave knights who took on this fortress have all died, except for one. The conquer of the Stone Insanity, Beyond King Rebma. A woman that dresses like a man and, on the battlefield, is perceived as a man for her heavy blows. She wields a great sword the size of an oxen. Heavy armor that hides any feminine characteristics. The Beyond King was ashamed of her gender and ashamed at her gender. Females never wanted to fight and those who do want to fight we ganged and slained. A cruel fate for women but Rebma thought differ.

Every woman that was slain in the act of trying to be a warrior, were reincarnated and brought back to the fortress. The cost of this reincarnation was not so great as before because all it took was the women’s eyes. Eyes are one part of a human that links itself to its soul. Eyes are what it costs to bring them back to life. Reincarnations happen everywhere if someone has the power. If you reincarnated someone and don't wait anytime, they have a higher chance in turning into a demon. Wait, however, and they have the smallest change in turning into one. This is what the kings did when they got ressurected, they waited. Any warrior that turned into a demon, Rebma took them and put them in the fortress as guards. The successful ones are brought to her chambers as her personal guard, Blacked Out. This is what the challengers died to, the Blacked Out. They have incredible senses and cannot be evaded.

Since their eyes were taken out, Rebma felt sorry for her companions and did the same. This is speculation however, since no one came back to tell the tale. The kings and queen took care of the guards outside of the fortress and charged in, splintering the massive wooden doors with Newo’s spear. Rebma was a greatsword wielder and therefore needed precautions put in place. Since she is ranked number two out of the Beyond Kings, they could not rely on their new comrades. Prepare, prepare, prepare. With lightweight armor to avoid her sword, and quick swords enhanced with fire, they started in the fortress.

Located at the tip top of the fortress is Rebma. She was everything they imagined her to be. Heavy steel armor that seemed to block every hit it came in contact with and that legendary greatsword that threatened to cut the four of them in two. The four of them darted in different ways to avoid getting clumped up. Their plan was simple. Two of them would distract the Blacked Out and the other two would strike Rebma. At the time it was a flawless and simple plan. The two former Beyond Kings took Rebma and the two kings took the Blacked Out. Everyone was confident of this plan, until Rebma used an Art. Only the last two Beyond Kings knew an Art. Arts are more powerful than Newo and Ssire combined.

Her Art allowed her to multiply. Humanity’s Hope. Art comes closer to resemble the reincarnation abilities to adapt. They are so unbelievably powerful that in order to use them, they need a sacrifice, of course. Rebma seemed to float in the air while activating her Art. Light spewed out of her body and liquid oozed from her eye sockets. Flames flickered where her eye sockets are. Her skinned seem to char a deep black. Red lines stretched across her observable skin. Rebma knew the challenge that laid before her, and used her Art to raise her chances at winning. She sacrificed her humanity for power. She was now a husk like the kings. She was no reincarnation be any means, but a husk.

All her strength gone after the battle is over. The Blacked Out took the chance and ran. There were only a few Blacked Out but their swordsmanship was flawless. All four of the kings and a queen, were met with blades. They had to protect Rebma until her Art was finished. Clank after clank, the swords seem to never touch flesh. The Blacked Out seemed to be excellent defenders as well. While the four of them were struggling to combat the Blacked Out, Remba finally was finished. The light faded away around her. Her feet touched the ground with a thud. Her guards bowed in her glory. In life there is no “being fair”. The four of them didn't stop to bathe in Remba’s fading light, they continued on the guards and slayed them. Four bodies hit the floor simultaneously and a scream erupted from Rebma. The fight had started.

With flame erupting from her eyes she lunged at them. Her armor rattling while she ran at them. She flung her greatsword into King Noran. If it wasn't for instinct he would be dead but he brought his sword up in time. This didn't stop her blow. Noran flew to the side and slammed into the wall with a cloud of dust following afterwards. He saved his life but would the damage be too much for him to continue. Her eyes settled on Skeletor next. While summoning binding magic, she slashed at him. He ran backwards while chanting the spell. The blade slashed again and again until Skeletor was against the wall. Her blade came down on him but not fast enough. The binding took hold of her.

Newo and Ssire summoned multiple enchantments to enchant their gear further. While enchanting their blades, Skeletor cast another spell. Shadows started to climb upon the limping Noran. Swirling around his whole body. His posture started to improve greatly only seconds after the spell touched him. Dark healing. Noran thirsted for revenge and it was time to see the battle continue. Remba broke free from her shadowy bindings and finished her swing towards Skeletor. Since he was further behind her, it had no effect except leaving a gaping hole in the side of the fortress. She turned around to be greeted by the four of them with colors swirling around them.

Black and red for Noran, black and purple for Skeletor, gray and orange from Newo, and yellow and white from Ssire. She responded with colors of her own. Blood dripped from her body and touched her sword, giving it a blood-red glow. Blood Magic. So many techniques from only one person. She intended to kill those four and she didn't care about the price. With so many techniques, the price was her life. Fed by rage from her fallen comrades, she struck first yet again. Blocked by Noran’s spear yet again. This led to an opening on her left side and the remaining three saw it. With enhancements from Skeletor, they raced towards her. Ssire was first to get there and only could slash at her thigh. It connected. With lighting surging through her, she screamed in agony and jumped backwards. Her greatsword and armor made her reactions slow. With Ssire’s lighting and Newo’s spear, this should be easy. Quick beats slow, but not in this case. With heavy armor it was hard to penetrate, but elements did it nicely. The armor was made more for physical attacks, not elemental ones. This was the new and improved plan. Everybody knew about her armor, and now everybody knows how to penetrate it. Remba saw the determination in their eyes and stepped back further. She wouldn't win. Even with the multiple techniques activated, she stood no chance. She didn't have much time until the techniques killed her. They were slowly draining her life from her body, there was no time left. She raised her sword over her head, blade pointing inward, and drove it into her stomach. She did not want to die by the hands of Beyond Kings that betrayed Ban. She did not want to die by the hands of mere humans as well. She ended her life the most honorable way she could've. In her eyes it was a honorable death that will grant her soul into the grand afterlife, but it was not honorable. She was a coward for taking the easy way out. Noran limped up to Remba’s body, since Skeletor’s magic faded away from him, and put a hand over her body. Rays of light burst from where Rebma's body laid. Noran seemed to absorb the light but he was not absorbing it. He was absorbing the little humanity that was left of Rebma. She did much good in the world. She deserved a proper burial. Once the war has ended, they would bury her with her Blacked Out guards. Her closest friends. The four of them left the castle with Rebma’s treasure. Her greatsword. The Greatsword of The Great Menphos. With three out of the four needed for facing Ban, they went to their old friend, Sir Drater. Once they’ve return to Sir Drater they obtained the key, but not without trouble. Upon seeing the two former Beyond Kings, he ran in fear of his life. He didn't want to face the Beyond Kings. He had told the kings he would open the door to Hell. The sacred door to Hell. Once the kings told Sir Drater about the former Beyond Kings, he happily open the door. He was very cautious however, but stayed true to his word. The door creaked open and revealed nothing but pitch black. This wasn't very mysterious. The mysterious thing was whenever a torch was lit, no fire would burn inside the doors. They tried many times until they gave up and went in blinded. Once they entered the Doorway to Hell, Sir Drater shut it behind them. He didn't want anyone coming back alive. The only way out now was through the defeat of the last and most powerful Beyond King, Acceb and Edge. Beyond Kings technically, but they were worthless without each other. No one knew about these two Beyond Kings. The only information out there is that without one, the other becomes lost and starts to shrivel up. This is why they’re called one whole Beyond King. Seperate the two and the fight is over. That's what everyone thinks, but with an unbreakable chain blessed upon them by Ban, it's almost impossible to do so. While walking down the dark steps of Hell, they were welcomed by a blast of fiery air, and soon after, a blast of light. Once they reached the end of the stairs, they looked at the monstrosity that Hell was. Fire raining from the sky and mountains that seem to reach up into the never ending ceiling. Boiling water with hot coals as beaches. Dragons soaring through Hell trying to get a glimpse at the top but never can. Demons with fire as hair and long rocks as sword. With the temperature seeming to continue to rise, Skeletor blasted everyone with shadows that kept the temperature down and some added benefits. Finding Acceb and Edge will be ever so hard. With a vast area like Hell, no doubt it would take years without help. Luckily the Gods heard their thinking. A woman came upon them from the shadows. This was shocking because Skeletor was incredibly good at manipulating shadows and knowing who and what are in them. She blessed the four with a name. Eelyr. She guided the four until a secret path that no one dared to look at. It seemed to be a rock formation, but you could pass through it as air. She told the four about how quickly the word travels in Azur, telling them that they massed quite a following. She tells them that up above in the kingdom, they call the four Beyond King killers, Heaven’s Last Stand. They were branded with a name and Lord Bass dislike the people for talking about the former kings. She told them how courageous and strong the stories made them seem. The four of them retold all of their stories to her, telling her truth from lies. After the final word was spoken by Skeletor, she asked to accompany the four. She was advance in the ways of miracles and healings, better than Skeletor could ever be with Dark magic. They graciously accepted but not before warning about the dangers that follow. No doubts cross her mind while they told her the threats. Her mind was set. They ask how she got here since the door is forever locked until Sir Darter opens it. She was the former Gate Guardian before the war broke out. She was exiled into Hell when Ban learned of her humanity. She threatened keeping the door open forever. There was a secret that she wouldn't let on, but they didn't push her. Why? They have just arrived at the mouth of Hell.That's why. A deep pit that seems to have a diameter of miles upon miles. No light dared go into the pit. It was repelling the light just as it did before. Eelyr told the group that the only way down is to jump. The only way up is having slain the Beyond King. The lair of Acceb and Edge was upon them and not a moment too soon. The five jumped into the pit hoping for a safe return. After it seemed like hours, they landed on air. Not solid ground or water like they were hoping. Air. It wrapped around them slowing their descent and halting their fall right before hitting the ground. It unwrapped around them as soon as their feet touched the solid floor below. The strange thing about this pit was at the top half, it was covered with rocks and stones. Now the ground was a rusted metal that made a ping every time a foot laid upon it. Once their surroundings were inspected, it could be seen that the only way to see was because of Eelyr. It seemed she also had an affinity for Dark magic as well. A giant gate, held up by chains as thick as men, started to open. Nothing peaked out of the gate. They started towards the opening with weapons in hand. One after another, they all went into the opening and were shocked to see what was inside. Completely invisible from the outside, there stood a knight with no legs and a woman on a throne only a few feet away from the knight. With a chain that glowed green, it was Acceb and Edge. The gate smashed closed behind the five. The battled had started before they knew it. Acceb stood from her throne as Edge wobbled towards her. The chain was a bit longer than anticipated. Their bond was stronger than they thought. Edge laid his head down at her feet and mutter nonsense. She responded with more nonsense. Ancient language that no one can understand. Edge raised his head and turned towards the group of five. His eyes were a dark purple color while his body was incredible pale and skinny. From his chest came a purple beam. He grabbed onto the beam. It shifted and shaped into a rapier of some type. With a rapier guard and a straight sword’s blade, it seemed to show off speed and power. It fell to the ground with a clatter. Edge could not wield that sword. Acceb, however, had a completely different weapon from any of the Beyond Kings. A staff. With metal patches that enhanced the power and twigs entwining around it, it boasted great wealth and power as well. They were the strongest Beyond King because they showed no weakness. With magic as a range weapon and a sword for close quarter combat, they had their weaknesses covered by the other. Edge’s sword was now dripping purple liquid around it. Soon it formed a puddle, then into a pool of the liquid ooze. Edge moved into the purple liquid and sank straight in. The chain that held Acceb and Edge didn't move however. He was in the liquid but at the same time it seemed like he wasn't. Acceb reached down into the liquid and yanked Edge up onto the ground. This wasn't the fragile knight they had just seen. When Edge emerged from the liquid, all of the pool flowed straight onto him. Going into and out of his body and filling every crevice he had. His muscles broke out of the damaged armor he wore while his height increased. The liquid gave him legs and the power to wield his rapier. He sought out his rapier and held it high. With the liquid infused into him and the rapier now wieldable, the fight was starting. The group of five was the first to attack. Newo thrusted his spear forward to try and catch Edge off guard. Edge parried his spear effortlessly then threw his rapier in his side. With the shadows roaming around Newo, the rapier bounced off him. The shadows died down after one hit and left Newo. Before Newo could back up, Acceb lobbed a blue ball at him. It detonated mid air and blew both Edge and Newo back. While Newo laid on the ground getting tended to by Eelyr, Acceb fired volley after volley of small blue orbs detonating everywhere around the group. Skeletor threw a huge shadow over everyone, absorbing all the blasts. Once the blasts ended, Skeletor let the shadow down. He was soon met with a slash from Edge. Skeletor hit the wall with incredible force and soon crumpled to the ground. All the shadows that engulfed the five were now gone. They were weaker than they already were. With a member down and a member wounded, it was now a three versus two. Edge crept closer to the fallen Skeletor. He was struggling to get up one moment, but the next he wasn't. Edge soon found out that he had regain his strength somehow and looked towards his other teammates. Eelyr healed Skeletor with the remaining magic she had. Newo was also up and distracting Acceb. Noran and Ssire also took towards Acceb for she is the dangerous one. Edge drew his attention towards Skeletor again but couldn't move an inch. His chains were forcing him back. This was the last chance. While Acceb pulled the chains backwards, Skeletor yelled a solution to their problem. Noran’s Liting. Just maybe it was hot enough to burn the chains into two. While yelling the solution, he saw Eelyr fall to the ground from exhaustion. With one of the best shields Skeletor has made to this date, he threw more shadows around her. She was safe. Noran understood Skeletor’s wishes and left the other two alone with Acceb. Clawing at Skeletor, Edge was not happy about being controlled by Acceb. He found a crack on the ground and thrusted his sword into it. He was not going to be controlled by her. He was not going to let her take his prey again. The chain came to a halt. Acceb was cursing Edge with more ancient tongue, but it didn't matter. Newo and Ssire heard the plan. They would hold her at bay until they couldn't anymore. Noran ran towards Skeletor and saw where he wanted him to attack. With the shadows leading him towards a certain part of the chain, he ignited himself. Skeletor threw attacks that measly bounced off Edge. He did not want to harm Edge, he wanted to distract him. With Noran’s hand on the chains and Acceb held back, the plan was now starting. The intense heat that was in Hell was nothing compared to Noran’s heat. With flames licking the top of the pit, the shadows seem to disperse into nothingness. The chain didn't seem to notice the intense heat. Edge finally caught onto the act. He turned around to see Noran’s flame pelting the chain. He tried to run at Noran but yet again couldn't. He was being controlled again, but not by Acceb. This time by the binding magic that Skeletor used. With his feet were getting more and more engulfed by the Void Skeletor was creating. He screamed at Acceb. All was black. Edge was engulfed by whatever Skeletor made. The rage that came from Acceb was intense. Blackness flew all around the group. Newo and Ssire were thrown back but Skeletor’s shadows caught them. Black wings sprouted from Acceb’s back. She held out her hand. Edge’s blade unearthed itself and retreated to her hands. With blackness darker than Skeletor’s shadows. Blacker than the Void. Her eyes gleamed with white. Her body was a shadow to the eye, but her sword was not. Her wings changed colors every few seconds, reflecting what was around it. They weren't wings made from pitch black, but from mirrors. Everyone saw their reflection in the mirrors, apart from Eelyr, but the reflections were not completely reflection. They were something else. The reflections started coming closer and closer to the edge of the wings, soon reaching their hands forwards, hoping that Acceb would help. Of course she didn't notice and didn't help. The reflections started banging on her wings harder and harder, until the wings cracked. A blood curdling scream came from Acceb mouth. Her wings shattered. The fragments fell to the ground without a sound. Twinkling in the dark, the fragments started to move again. Not because of Acceb moving them, but by themselves. The shards started to form by themselves into four humanoid shapes. Soon after they started moving, they stopped again. They formed four bodies in shape of the reflections that they saw. The reflections gradually started to get up. Newo didn't want another battle where they were outnumbered. He ran towards his own reflection, piercing its chest, and sending it back down on the ground. The others did the same. Acceb watched as her only friends died in front of her and she did nothing to stop it. The final thing the group saw before a demon crawled out of Acceb’s skin was a single tear hit the ground. Once the tear hit the floor Acceb’s body started to shake uncontrollably. Her skin bubbled at the surface while her hair fell out. The skin started to form lumps and extra limbs around her back. The hair that was now on the floor started to form a blade that made Edge’s rapier look pathetic. Her nails grew rapidly and the color throughout her body turned a ghostly white. Her eyes turned colors yet again to an absolute black. No light reflected off. She dropped Edge’s blade next to her new one. The two started to merge together. Another greatsword the size of a man but with features that seem to be counterintuitive. The blade didn't stop at the hilt, but instead kept going and wrapped around her wrist. Blood was spiraling down the blade to the tip. Instead of a sharp and straight tip, it was a ragged and dented blade. With blood merging at the top, it started to for another part of the blade. The sword grew bigger and bigger with each blood drop it was fed until it was full. It now stood over two men and took both hands to hold, even for Acceb. An ungodly blade for an ungodly person. She grabbed the blade from its resting place and pointed it towards the group. A Beyond King that has a desire to win more than Rebma. Rebma would never stoop so low as this. Reverting to a demon for assistance. Purification. Acceb raised up her sword and again spoke in ancient tongue. More purple ooze came from the sword, enhancing herself further. The group knew the battle was far from over. They were ready to finish this battle but the cost might be too great. They had Acceb outnumbered but she overpowered them. They needed enhancements and fast. Eelyr heard their cry of help from within the shadows. Light spewed out of the shield but the shadows still held firm. The light that escaped went directly into Skeletor. With his remaining magic, Skeletor combined his shadows with Eelyr’s light to make an enhancement. Once given to every member their skin seem to glow a bright white. Skeletor conjured up some remaining shadows with the excess power he had left. He had only a little magic left for the shield that was encasing Eelyr. All he had left was a fighting spirit. The group of four looked into Acceb’s eyes and announced their victories. She had no clue what they said and spoke in her ancient tongue, but this time words were able to be made out. Fools! Why cometh to these lands? You made us perish! You made our Lord look like a fool! You don't deserve to be here kings! You don't deserve to be here betrayers! Die! Perish in the new Age! Let the dark take over! With her words coming to an end, their blades struck. Newo took her first hit and held her still. She was not pushing him over. He had no special abilities but hard training. There was no way a demon would beat him. The shadows gathered behind her and let a chain release from their mouths. The chain wrapped around her legs, momentarily stopping her. This was better than ever. Newo pushed her blade to the side, while thrusting his spear into her abdomen. It struck something. Not her however. No scream followed like before. A shadow disappeared from Acceb’s hand. She grabbed her greatsword from the side and slash Newo with speed he never seen before with a greatsword. It connected with his spear but he escaped unscathed. The group had enough with the one on one fights. Everyone pounced onto her at once. The only blade that went through was Ssire’s. With blood running down her leg, Acceb let out a enraged scream. Ssire smiled at her former comrade. She had enough of the constant torture Ban gave her. Live up to the greatest! You are nothing compared to her! Stay in the shadows. Acceb brought her sword to Ssire but was easily deflected by the oncoming Newo. He charged right after the parry and struck her stomach. One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine jabs. Quick and easy. Piercing through her rotten flesh. Acceb grabbed Newo and threw him across the pit. While her sword was down, Noran and Skeletor ran up to her. She was too late. They got there just in time. With a blade in each shoulder, there was no way to wield the sword again. She wasn’t having it. She kicked her blade into the pool of her own blood. It grew larger and larger but somehow at the same time, grew lighter and lighter. She picked up the sword yet again, but struggled. Ssire wanted the kill and ran to Acceb. With her scythes held high, she came down on Acceb with such force that it shook the pit. Vibrations rang in everyone’s ears. Acceb held her own against Ssire. While wounded, she was still no match for Aeccb. She backed away from her, pondering on how strong she really was. Acceb dropped her sword for even with her boosted self, she couldn't wield the sword any longer. Her time was up. Noran walked up to Acceb with his sword in his sheath. He had no intentions of slaying her. She looked at Noran with confusion. She talked in more ancient tongue, but this time it sounded like a whimper. Why would a Beyond King whimper? Isn't a Beyond King a being of immense power? Why would it whimper? As shown before, Beyond Kings are human. Not a demon of power that everyone sees them as. Just an ordinary human with talent above all others. Noran pointed his palm out at Acceb and released a flame. A blue and delicate flame. It seemed as the flame did not want to consume, but to give. Acceb knew what was happening and crumpled to the floor. Her duty was done. The flame touched her mangled flesh and a great blue blast blinded everyone. Once the flash was over, the pit was not dark anymore but filled to the brim with the blue fire. Where Acceb’s sword was, laid a girl and where Acceb was last seen laid another girl. One seem to resemble Acceb’s former glory but was wrapped around in a robe, the other was a complete mystery. They waited until both girl awoke from their dreams and peppered them with questions. Before they could awaken from their slumber, Ssire stole the robe from Acceb’s look alike. Once they awoken, they told them their names. The one that resembles Acceb is in fact her, but she has no recollection of anything that had just happened. The other one was named Serf Gael. The door that was once shut was now open again. A man stood outside of the door. With a bulky frame and black, charred armor on, his name was Lord Ban. Lord Ban stood before the group of seven with his blades in each hand. Blades that were forged from rock but was sharper than any steel out in Azur. He seem to move the blades effortlessly. He pointed the blades at both of the kings. They have bested the four Beyond Kings and claimed the four treasures. They have made Lord Ban notice their existence and he had accepted their challenge. For the group was wore down from the fight, they tried to reconcile with Lord Ban. He saw how terrible the group was and agreed to wait one month until their injuries were healed. He gained no pleasure from killing a man that was already on the ground. He tossed seven orbs onto the ground that conjured in front of Lord Ban. Reverted Dwelling orbs. Rare orbs that bring you home but these were set to bring them wherever they wanted to go. Lord Ban evaporated from view, leaving the seven of them alone with the orbs. One month until the final fight. Skeletor grabbed an orb from the ground and crushed it between his hands, he evaporated as well. Soon after everyone picked a location, they found out Skeletor was missing. After releasing the shield he put over Eelyr, he left without a word. No one knows where he went. No sightings anywhere. With days passing by, the group decided to continue without them. Everyone knew they would see him again, just not right now. With now the group of six, they trained until they couldn't move anymore. They had to refine all their skills, learn new ones, and find out new techniques that even Lord Ban hasn't seen. While each day ticked by like a clock, the one month was soon up. The morning after the one month, they were warped to an unknown location. It was on top of a mountain. Everyone looked around to see if Skeletor was there. A man in robe stood next to them all. Skeletor snatched the robe from Ssire. They haven't even noticed it was gone. They checked for the last three treasures. All were there. Noran took the Greatsword of the Great Menphos and the Necklace of Fortitude. Skeletor grabbed the Dying Light of The Void and smashed it between his fingers. Purple ooze flowed into his skin and then disappeared completely. The Void was now within him. The remaining five people moved away from the two. They could not fight. However, they could help him. Lord Ban appeared from the side of the mountain on a mount. A giant, pure white, yellow eyed snake slithered up to the kings. He slid down from the serpent and called it away. It coiled itself around the peak of the mountain. No escape. Lord Ban saw that the kings were ready, and he was too. He won't let those two win. He couldn't. The war was coming closer to the end. Lord Blass’s army was about to fall. His army was almost to the capital. He had to win or it would be all over.  Lord Ban held his hand to the sky and waited. His swords seem to weigh him down while on his back. A black lightning bolt pierced the sky and struck him where he stood. The previous stone like swords seemed to glow with black lighting rippling through it. He wielded his swords and struck them both into the ground. Black bolts stretched across the mountain, going straight for the coiled serpent. It struck the serpent. The serpent shrieked in agony. Why was its master hurting it? The serpent's fangs suddenly burst from its jaw. Its scales started to change into a gray rather than white. Its eyes started to violently shake as well as the rest of its body. The mountain started to tremble from the violent shaking. Ban lifted his sword from the ground and everything stopped. The snake laid there, eyes closed. It looked as if the snake was dead before them but it wasn't. The snake’s eyes snapped open and focused on the kings. It uncoiled itself and slithered towards them. The kings, ready for a fight, wielded their weapons of choice. A dagger, imbedded with a swirling purple and black liquid inside, and a small shield that seemed to have more purple and black liquid flowing within it. Skeletor was prepared with light armor with his signature dagger. Bane of Existence. Noran wielded a heavy greatsword. The Greatsword of the Great Menphos. The sword has never seen combat without Rebma at its side. With the necklace of fortitude around his neck, it showered Noran with a protective light. Heavy armor that seem to be able to withstand a hit from the mightest of foes, he was ready. They both were. Each of the kings got ready and forced their legs into a defensive stance. The snake stopped short of its target however. Serf Gael was speaking ancient tongue to the snake. The snake was hissing and thrashing about. It couldn't break the words it was putting on it. The only person that could rule over a giant serpent was its master, right? How was a girl speaking ancient tongue? How was she controlling this beast? Lord Ban soon saw the snake coiling around the mountain once more. His plan to fight a fair battle has failed. A smiled was put on his face and stayed there. He didn't need a serpent. It was weaker than the kings. Weaker than the girl who turned it against him. Lord Ban told the kings to say their farewells. They charged without hesitation. Lord Ban’s swords were the heaviest weapon the kings had fought against. Blocking with the small shield that Skeletor had was a problem. Once the swords hit the shield, the liquid would disappear and reappear minutes later. Noran had no shield. He had the Greatsword of the Great Menphos. This would be enough to block from slashing attacks. Anything else would hit him. The kings saw his weapons and prepared beforehand. The two of them grabbed a orb from their belts. Smashing it into their hands, their equipment load seemed to disappear completely. With heavy armor that weighed nothing, Noran could now dodge the heavy blows. While Skeletor did not need the orb, it enhanced his speed as if he was wearing nothing. Both of them were incredibly fast on their feet and that's what they needed. Swing after swing. Miss after miss. Lord Ban grew tired of the dodges they were making. After Skeletor tried another dagger slash, Ban lifted him up into the air. With what? The air seem to bend to his will. He was busy attacking Noran to not notice Skeletor being held up by air. Soon the air flung him into the coiled serpent. With a loud thud, he fell back to the ground. Lucky the liquid saved his life and disappeared again. Dusking off his robe, Skeletor got up and charged again. Lord Ban didn't seem to notice Skeletor’s approach. This was his chance. With a loud bam and a black cloud around Skeletor’s hand, the knife flew. It found its target. A grunt came from Lord Ban. Before he could twist and grab the dagger, Skeletor conjured up shadows to take it back. They were successful. With a dagger in hand and a wound inflicted on Lord Ban, Skeletor smirked. While away he learned many techniques and even learned how to perfect those techniques in a short time. Noran shoved Lord Ban off balance as soon as he turned to meet Skeletor. Skeletor’s shadows flung their limbs out of the ground and wrapped around Ban. He couldn't move. Noran threw his blade into Lord Ban’s thigh and received another grunt of pain. Skeletor threw a orb, that was tucked underneath his robe, onto Ban and cloaked him with a shadowy veil. The ground shook as Skeletor snapped his fingers. Once the rumbling had stopped, Skeletor released the veil. Chared, black earth was where Lord Ban laid. Nothing else was there. Noran stepped forwards to get a closer look and was flung towards the serpent’s body. Skeletor was flung up to the heavens. Noran hurried to his feet to face his attacker, but no one was there. Another blow flung him across the mountain. There was no one on this deserted mountain. Footsteps. Footprints appeared on the ground before Noran. The footprints singed the ground and crept closer to Noran. Noran knew what was going to happen and threw his sword to block the blow. Nothing happened besides the sound of wind whipping around him. Skeletor landed softly in front of Noran. Lord Ban shimmered into view. Skeletor summoned up shadows that leaked into Noran’s wounds. In seconds he was healed. After those few seconds they vanished. Perfect camouflage. Ban knew what had happened and as soon as they disappeared in thin air, he swung those greatsword at the last spot he saw the two kings at. He hit nothing but air. Lord Ban closed his eyes and tried to focus on his surroundings. Just one sound. The sound of a pebble moving was enough. Ban threw out his hands. A grip wrapped around Skeletor’s throat, halting his breathing entirely. Noran saw his opening and charged towards Ban. His invisibility was fading away with every step. Lord Ban prepared for Noran’s strike. Ban closed his hand into a fist. The result was Skeletor soaring through the air right towards Noran. One, two, three. Noran lit himself on fire and grabbed Skeletor without being moved an inch. Skeletor leaked purple ooze out onto the flames that engulfed Noran. The pebble moved again but Lord Ban didn't notice. Skeletor was engulfed by the same flames Noran wielded and soon the purple ooze covered Noran. The kings stood together once again against Lord Ban. The ooze combined with the flames and soon produced a purple-tinted flame. Unheard of. What was Liting? How does this work? The kings dashed forwards while Lord Ban was still thinking. Two swords came after Lord Ban and he had barely enough time to throw his swords to block the blow. The swords vibrated against the stone like sword Ban wielded. Flames soon reached across their bodies and touched their blades. The flames crawled from the king's blades towards Ban’s. The flames scorched Lord Ban’s flesh. The sizzle could be heard from where the others stayed. A yelled finally came from Ban’s mouth. Then it stopped. Two blades punctured the kings where they stood. Blades coming from the ground. Two arms stuck up from the ground as well. They both came from the same body, a dead one. A corpse once before but was spared. Rebma flung the kings away from her Lord. The earth on top of her separated to let her corpse be raised from the ground. She stood up and kneeled at her Lord. Her blades disappeared in her skin. Lord Ban spoke ancient tongue to Rebma. He commanded her to fight alongside him. If they would win he would forgive her for her treacherous acts. Rebma agreed to Lord Ban and stood up. Instead of facing the kings, she faced the group that was also summoned here, but couldn't fight Ban. Rebma’s sword appeared out of her skin and lashed out on the group. The flames on the kings receded a little but still kept its fury. With the group preoccupied, it was now a two on one. No cheats. No shortcuts. Lord Ban sheathed his swords. His skin started to form a blade like Rebma did but it did not fully make a blade, but a sword hilt. The hilt was made from scorched skin. It had scars running up and down its build. A strained look appeared on Ban’s face. He grabbed the hilt with his other hand but it seemed to heavy. A hilt that heavy would be impossible. Ban’s muscles exploded with energy and lifted the hilt upwards. He was now wielding a sword hilt at them. Ban swung the hilt towards the kings. Such power. With a blast that could be heard miles away, the kings were lifted off their feet and soon after pounded into the snake. The hilt didn't come in contact with the kings, but they still felt a blade hit them. If Skeletor’s shadows didn’t come back in time, they would be split in two. The shadows absorbed most of the blow but not all. The king’s blood was splattered across the white snake. It was not only a sword hilt, but a blade as well. A perfected art. An invisible blade. That's why it was so heavy. It was a sword but half of it was invisible. Lord Ban was panting from the swing he had just done. It costs a great deal to swing a blade like that. Only a giant from Karta could wield it correctly. From far off, the scream of Rebma could be heard. Ssire and Newo were on the ground, bleeding. Dead. Serf Gael was face down on the ground with cuts along her body, she was breathing however. Acceb and Eelyr were both in combat with Rebma. Rebma was also sustaining injuries. Slashes to her thighs and torso and arms slowed her down just enough for the two to handle her. Even in Acceb’s weak state, she was holding her own with Eelyr. They soon got Rebma down to her knees. With one fluid movement from Eelyr, Rebma’s head fell clean off. Only ash fell to the ground. The kings stood up with their flames burning brighter than ever. One last push. Both of the parties were exhausted from the drawn out battle. The kings were shocked to see what Lord Ban did next. He did no deals. No rituals. No enhancements. He breathed. His body bulked up with every breath until soon he was a great deal taller than the kings. The sword in his hand weighed nothing. Lord Ban swung the sword around his hands to display his strength. The kings wobbled towards Ban, hoping their plan worked. Shadows soon enveloped the sun above. No light pierced through the sky. Shadows leaked from sun, throwing blobs all around the arena. Beasts emerged from the blobs. From animals to demons to hybrids of both. Lord Ban was confused on what these creatures were. Creatures born from the shadows. It reminded him of Acceb. Tears welled in his eyes but quickly disappeared. Ban started cutting down the creatures that laid before them. The creatures were giving the kings enough time for them to heal. They sloshed down vials of red liquid. The wounds on them stitched themselves together. They were healed once more. This was the last push they could do. With the final creature being cut down by Ban, Noran clasped his hand over his blade and ran it along the edge. Fire itself was being embedded into it. Skeletor did no such thing with his dagger but instead slapped both hands on the ground, sending a rippling tide of shadows after Ban. The shadows staggered Lord Ban. Noran ran towards Ban with his sword held high. It came down on Lord Ban’s invisible blade. Skeletor flung his dagger into Ban’s sword hand, successfully making Ban drop the blade. Noran flicked his sword upwards. Thud. Lord Ban’s arm laid by the blade hilt. Blood spewed from the wound as well as a scream of pain. Lord Ban shrunk down to his regular size and collapsed to his knees. Noran put his blade to Ban’s throat. No pleas came from Ban. He was willing to accept his fate. His time was long past due. With one swift moment, Ban’s head met his severed arm on the ground. The end had finally come. The remnants of the bodies, that the kings used, started to morph and shift back into its original form. They had overcome their trial. They had ended a war and will now become king of their country once more. A fitting end to two kings. Eelyr and Acceb came over to the kings and knelt. The kings lifted them off their knees and bestowed upon them their remaining powers. For they are humans now so they couldn't use their abilities. A small price to pay for the end of an Age. The Blackened Age was now done and over with. Awakened Age is what the kings called it. One by one around the country, the monsters that were formed from the Blackened Age, disappeared in a binding light. You could hear the Kingdom of Azur’s cries of victories from the mountain. The kings watched the snake burst into blinding light as well. The Blackened Age held light within itself. Maybe the Blackened Age was a disaster, but the future always repairs itself. The Blackened Age is inevitable. It will appear again and the person they forgot about upon that mountain will rule it. Serf Gael will be forgotten about by the four successors of the Blackened Age. She will rot on that mountain for centuries. New gods would be prayed upon, weapons of mass destruction will be made, and kingdoms will rise and fall. Apart of the kings know what will happen in the future. Maybe that's why they forgot Serf Gael on purpose. For they are happy to have their kingdom back, but revenge seeps through into the deepest corners. Revenge seeped right into both of their souls. I pleasant ending to a pleasant story.