The Video Game Parasite | Teen Ink

The Video Game Parasite

September 6, 2019
By 2059223, Lakewood, Colorado
More by this author
2059223, Lakewood, Colorado
0 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Author's note:

I love to write a lot of action stories,so more might interest others

Angelo                                                                                                                      9/3/19       


     Thirty years in the future.2050, A big year for almost no more global warming.30 years have passed for this to happen, but it finally happened. Electric cars are the new meta for everybody,most can’t afford floating houses. Most of the population still is on the ground, but solar panels are used way more so nothing to worry about at least for global warming. As this presentation concludes, I just want to say congratulations for making this possible. Nobody thought this would ever happen, but here we are the future has arrived. What a presentation? I thought to myself. I was exhausted after the presentation,all I thought of was going home now to play some video games. It took about 10 minutes considering that my car could fly. I had still lived on the ground but flying was still very useful. Thankfully I had made it home before it started pouring. Stupid colorado weather. It’s not even spring yet,summer just got here. Gaming was my life, literally. I did it for a living, but I had other business to take care of. I was like the boss of another organization. It was apart of improving technology, the future and where it can go from now. I could technically afford, a floating house but the ground was more me. I liked it a lot more,it was quieter that way.


    

      A variety of games was the only way that I could keep my job. If I get bored the best thing is to play another game, so I can keep the day going. As for most people they love fortnite, as for me too. It is infuriating sometimes, so a break with other games is best. As soon as I walked in the door, I fired up my console and PC to get going. Music was very motivating, to keep going with my job. I played for hours on end, on a game that was very intriguing. I was so into the game that I never even realized that the storm didn’t stop,the lightning had struck moments later which was concerning. I decided to keep playing until the lightning struck precisely turning off all of my technology. Assuming it was just a power outage, I went to check the breaker. As I was flickering the switches, something super awkward happened. I giant boom came ripping through the sky, it was obviously thunder or so I thought. Time in the space-time continuum was actually broken. The theory was thought to be a myth! Nobody thought this would ever happen, I yelled in a panic. What is up?


    

     Now there are games in the city like they just moved here. They’re living, walking, talking freaks now. All the way from Mario, all the way to giant dinosaurs. I took a quick glance out the window,the sky was red. Something serious had just happened. A crash in my backyard was heard. I slowly crept to the back door to look, as I opened the curtain something popped out of nowhere from the window. It was a character from mortal combat, that really wasn’t good. The game is very gory and violent,I knew in my head something insane was going to happen. He was threatening to injure me in a very harsh way. It was a fire guy, scorpion straight from down below. He came smashing through the window in a football way, tackling me all the way through the front window. I ran to my car, and tried to fly away. Metal grapplers unfortunately grabbed onto my car pulling it back. I kicked the windshield through, and jumped with a hard landing. The car pulled back, smashing the guy trying to wreak havoc on my house. He was crushed like a pancake, but in a gory way. I felt congested that I couldn’t breathe,I was trying so hard to catch my breath. I tried to contact anyone possible, to see If they were seeing what I was seeing. But cell service was out,the news told me what had happened instead.


     

     There were blimps that flew around the city always. This is going to sound absurd, but they tell the whole continent the news, to what has recently happened. But, it said the downtown central area, had been wiped out clean.No sign of anyone or anything it was all gone. The end of the world felt like it was here. There were at least 500 people in the downtown metro area at the time. It came to my mind, I did this and the storm helped. But I knew I had to fix this. I was going to need a plan for a solution. I planned to set out to Nasa to borrow a rocket to fly into the space crack in the sky and stop the source of all of this. I fixed my car,I made some modifications to be there in a flash. I installed some nitrous boost to be there at a decency of time. The leader of all games hacked the system from the blimps for an update,I was very scared at the time. I was told 48 hours were left before an invasion and videogames ruled the planet. The end was coming,I had to think fast and smart with my next few decisions to fix what was happening. Time was ticking and only two days to crack the case.


      

       Nasa was approximately one hundred miles from home. My car lifted and blasted through the sky, It was already going about two hundred miles per hour and nitrous was now activated doing the impossible. It made the car go an extra hundred miles per hour, all of a sudden it started smoking and was lit on fire. The engine was overheating,it was about to blow. Thankfully I'd installed, I pressed the button and got on top of the car. The car decided to nose dive a little quicker than expected,I was blinded by the sun as I made a jump not knowing where I was going. It was way a faster trip than it was thought possible, but under the circumstances I came smashing through a window trying to regain eyesight and there It was. I've arrived at my destination, I happened to be in the control room for launching rockets. Going with a small one was a decent idea but a bigger one would do something better. I had found the biggest rocket possible, and connected others to it so it was twice the power. Using a giant crane that could practically lift anything, helped connect the rockets. An autopilot machine sealed the rockets together with something special. It was like melted space rocks,it could stop a building from falling over if it really tried. It was super duper sticky.


     

     As for the juiciest part of this plan, it was only getting started. Anything explosive was tossed into the rockets.All the way from remote explosives, to colossal nuclear bombs. Propane, gasoline, anything you could possibly think of that’s explosive was in the rockets. Only one nuclear bomb actually fit, and it went in the biggest rocket. The military base was right next door, that made all of this possible. Nobody was around at the time because everybody ran away like a bunch of little girls, hopefully nobody notices that things have gone missing. The rocket was connected to the control station Already,I just had to guide it through the hole in space to accomplish the mission. The rockets fired up, ready to go. When everything was complete It looked like a mothership. I was so eager to get this going, I pressed the button and launched. It was way easier to steer than I thought. The thrusters had kicked in, and the rocket was going super fast. It barely got through the hole, and the only thing that could possibly be seen was a humongous computer chip. The ultra boosters switched on the rocket was going, about five hundred miles an hour in like two seconds. I’d never felt so alive,I donated one little bomb and KABOOM!


    

      The chip was destroyed and the hole was closing. Every last game ever possible to exist, got sucked up, as if the hole were a vacuum cleaner. It exploded and time was restored. The crazy thing is was it was like a simulation,every person that was thought to be dead still existed as for everything else too. Downtown, all five hundred people, everything. It was all back and things were going to be okay, for the world. It was the longest forty-eight hours of my life. The only thing I could think about was going home and sleeping. It was the best sleep anyone could ever have in their lifetime,a new law was in place that no technology is to be used when there is a lightning storm. But things are now how they should be, let's hope it stays this way from now on,Hopefully this never happens in real society. Everything wouldn’t be as practical, but humans are intelligent, beings that can use the power of their brains and it will pay off one day to save the world who knows the possibilities. Anything is possible if you put your mind to it.



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 0 comments.