Moonlight | Teen Ink

Moonlight

All Original 

Moonlight. A non meta story...

Andrew Geyser has a secret. That secret is that whenever the full moon is out, he is able to have night vision. This comes in handy when his job, called Handy OP, also known as Hardwear, hires him to investigate a gang that is related to his family that makes him-accept the job. But what he does not know is that accepting the job will get him into a lot of trouble which will destroy his life if he is not careful.

CHAPTER 1 

THE BEGINNING 

Andrew Geyser. Which is my name. A name that is 17 years old who has black hair and black eyes. I am also wearing total black. A black sweatshirt with a Black T-Shirt underneath that is plain. Along with black sweatpants and yah, you guessed it, black shoes to match the outfit for this occasion. Meaning, the occasion of me running away from bullies. More like protecting my friend Hearold from getting beaten from a pulp- to the point of you currently reading my story to be thinking where I am going with this and what the setting is placed. If you guessed that it was night then you are correct so… treat yourself to a smartie candy or something for getting that question right. Cause that is what my teacher did when I was in elementary school whenever I got something correct because I know me, Andrew, getting something right is more like a joke to my parents. Because they are so not in my life and drunk as fudge in their trailer watching I don’t know, football or the inappropriate videos on youtube or something to wear that honestly does not matter to me because they are not really in my life. I just do my thing and they do theirs. It's a win-win situation for all of us. That means I can go to the fair. The very thing that I am running away from right now is currently being-chased by 3 unknown individuals who just joined our school that are still being named because it's brand new. They are thinking about naming it Moonlight Tucker High. Which is founded by Tucker Bronson. A cheap person by the looks of it. Somehow managed  to build a highschool in the middle of fricken no-were. Meaning our town is named Eckleburg Moonlight Heights. 

An island  that is in the middle of the pacific. A secret town I might add that the rest of the world does not know about our town, our history and everything that goes on meaning our daily sorta every day annual fair. The very thing that I am running from that meaning, the 3 bullies with arms like mine. Tree Trunks is a more accurate definition to describe it. 

The only difference is that if we get caught then we are probably dead. 

It's kinda funny because I am really strong. I work out in the gym every single day. I tend to not veer towards any violence only if necessary cause I’d rather not spend a month in detention or worse. It will probably ruin my life like how it did with my dad. Who unfortunately almost got arrested by almost punching his now former friend in the nose after drinking too much. 

The life that is surrounded by only my friends and the depression caused school. The name that we kids came up with cause it is so true. 

I then call back to the guys chasing me and say, “Hey wusses. Why don’t you speed it up a little. I don't have all night, you know.” Cause even I was having a hard time keeping my 

stamina in check. I might as well create some quips I can use on them on my potential last minutes of my life because I am not sure how long I can keep them at bay, meaning, running away from them. I am not even sure how long I can protect my friend Herold. A 17 year old like me who does not really work out and wears Nasa shirts and, you guessed it; a huge science nerd and my free tutor if I get stuped on my science homework and or also helps me study for any upcoming tests so, I kinda owe him this save if I don't want a check on my head. 

Causing me to check behind my head to make sure that they are not on my trail anymore. When I noticed how bright the night sky was. I briefly looked up and saw that we had a full moon with a full batch of stars looming over our head. I then thought, I can’t see for crap. When I tripped over a long and practically belly flopped on my stomach. Ooooh!!! The loud noise made from my crash alerted the unidentified individuals who somehow had a connection to my friend Harold. Making me instantly  have a realization. 

I looked back and realized that I was alone. Not even a sound connected with the universe as I looked around and saw nothing. Making me wish that I had night vision or something to see like, night vision goggles cause, it's impossible to have night-vision in real life unless you're in a lucid dream. A dream that I wished came to life and like that, it was like magic. I gasped at the sudden change in lighting and saw my friend in the distance. A gun was pointed to his head and he was being led to my house with a pistol to his head like I said mere moments ago.

I then heard a scream and a dog barking in the distance as the leaves of the trees ruffled around me. Working with the wind to make my life harder. I then pumped all the speed and stamina left in me and took off, hoping that I could get to the bonfire to the place that the people were taking my friend Herald to.. His potential death. The very thing that I would try to prevent is running as fast as I can, hoping that they dont kill my parents as well. No matter how much they annoy me and act like college kids during the summer. So, I then rushed up with my two metal bats after getting them out of the shed as quietly as possible and sign language the girl from my sign language class to tell her my plan of taking these guys out so I said, after my timer beeped, “Hey dirtbags, why don't you pick on someone your size.” and, with all my strength, I swung it at his head and he dropped to the floor as he was about to put Herald in the bonfire. Causing the girl to push him out of the way safely. Making the other guy turn to me as I threw the bat to the girl and with all her might, did the same thing as me and, like before, the guy collapsed to the floor unconscious. I then rushed up to the girl and said, “Good thing that we were in sign language class together cause Hearold  would not be alive if we did not know..” I did not get a chance to say anything when she stepped in and kissed me on the lips. Making my eyes go wide as I looked up and saw that Harold was hanging a mistletoe over our heads. Making me wish that it was not close to christmas because I am a horrible kisser cause, one. Never kissed anyone, but at the same time, I really enjoyed it and was good at it. I then said, “That was nice.” As I looked at Harold and gave him a quick look saying, ‘Were so going to talk about that later’ as he ran past me and stuck something on my head that loomed over the girl and I and I smacked at my head and thought,  “I’m gonna kill that kid.” as the girl laughed which made me blush and I said, “Hey, why don’t I call the cops and how about you and I go to the fair?” 

“I thought that you said that you wanted to kill that kid?” Making me wide eyed as I replied.”Wait, I only said that in my mind. How did you know that?” 

“I can see the expression on your face.” Making me say, “Well Katy Riderson, let's forget that ever happened and,” All of a sudden she kissed me again making me say. “The ding dang Mistletoe is still above me is it.” Causing her to say, “What don't you like me kissing you?” 

“No that's not it, I was.” I was. She then said, “Going to ask me to be your girlfriend. If so I accept.” Making a crazy turn of events. I then looked at Harold and he punched his fist up in the air and said, “Ha ha. It worked. Christmas Magic Mistletoe works every time.” As he continued to say, “Katy and Andrew sitting in the tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G. When I had enough and threw a medium sized pebble at him. Causing him to say, “Owww.” 

Causing all of us except him to  automatically laugh.