SuperNOVA | Teen Ink

SuperNOVA

By Timekeeper DIAMOND, Cary, North Carolina
Timekeeper DIAMOND, Cary, North Carolina

"A guy walks up to me and asks 'What's Punk?'. So I kick over a garbage can and say 'That's punk!'. So he kicks over a garbage can and says 'That's Punk'?, and I say 'No that's trendy'!"- Billie Joe Armstrong, Green Day

Summary:

John Lange was your typical New York detective. At least, that's what he's been told. The only thing Lange can remember is getting caught in a near fatal explosion, and now his ex-wife's employers, an organization known only as Project NOVA, have become his only lifeline. No one's willing to tell the whole truth, and no one can be trusted. NOVA's own operatives have been disappearing, and someone on the outside has been watching Lange for a long, long time.

But before Lange can investigate the secretive Project NOVA, he's going to have to learn the truth about himself. And the secrets John Lange's own mind hides may yet make this case his last!

Frank C.

SuperNOVA

Thanks :) I'm glad you liked it.

Elizabeth_Day SILVER, Battle Ground, Washington
Like GanstaEyes, I only have the time for one chapter right now, but so far, i really like it!  I'm all for the screwed-up-memory-and-involved-in-a-strange-and-potentially-bad-program concept.  :D   If you're ever looking for a book to read, you should try some of Ted Dekker's stuff.  It has a similar style.  By the way, thanks for the comment.  It totally made my day.

I'm thinking it's a look of shock and awe.  :]

brooklyn said...
Just finished reading Super Nova. It really keeps you captivated and I can picture it in my mind as a movie already. Can't wait to read more as it gets posted.

Thanks I'm glad you enjoyed it :) It's always awesome to hear from fans.

awaitingHisreturn SILVER, Rushville, New York

Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to remain with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat

I appreciated your comment on my book, so now I'm returning the favor :D I think you have a real gift for writing and definitely keep going with it!!!

It's a full novel that I plan on publishing...why the dismay?

StraitEdge said...
50 chapters D:

Thanks for your comment :)

Right now only the first ten chapters (about one fifth of the novel) is online, but plans for the release of the next forty will be announced in the near future!

Thanks for your reply! I'm glad you like it, and I can definitely say that the story only gets better in the forty remaining chapters.

Alcanno DIAMOND, Mexia, Texas

"If you love life, don't waste time, for time is what life is
made up of."

-- Bruce Lee

So far so great! I'm gonna read it chapter by chapter since I don't have as much time on my hands as I'd like, but so far the book is very interesting :) it MUST be fantastic with this many comments! Can't wait to read more!! :)

Thanks for your comment! I'm glad you like the novel! Spicing up the wordchoice is definitely one of the things I'll be doing after the first draft of the manuscript is done, editing and all that.

2-Is-Better-Than-1 BRONZE, Mayfield, Ohio

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain"

Well, kept to my word... I love this(: its really not what we're used too in this type of novel and that's good because it wil keep readers attention (: two thumbs up

amandap PLATINUM, Midlothian, Virginia

interesting plot, nothing I've read before. You might want to think about jazzing up your word choice a little bit, but that's really your call, not mine, so you can choose. I like that he's a detective, but it's not that same old Nancy Drew chiz that we're so used to from them olden days ;) Good, I didn't like Nancy.

All in all, this was pretty good, well written, nice flow, just needs some jazzy words *throws jazz hands* :) 5 stars!  

Of course! I'll check your novel out after I come home from work (should be around 6 pm EST, don't think I'm forgetting!)

Thanks for your comments, and congrats on being the one to pick the announcement. I'll announce it Wednesday most likely, with the other announcement on Friday.

rainbowwaffles BRONZE, Stony Brook, New York

Announcement B. :)

I read the first couple of chapters and I'm very impressed. The plot is amazing. Good work!

If it's not too much work, could you maybe look at my novel The Formation? It's in the realistic fiction section. I am seriously in need of tips and constructive criticism. Thanks!

I now have two announcements in store for the upcoming week. Which shall I announce first? Announcement A or Announcement B? First person to pick one will get to make the decision!

Thank you for the comment, I'm glad you enjoyed it :D Word choice becomes a tricky issue in first person narration, especially with such a long story--keeping things consistent while at the same time believable is a thin line to walk.

NorthernWriter, Fargo, North Dakota

"Only dead fish swim with the stream"

I love the simple prose, but how you can picture everything going on! My only advice is to sneak in interesting wordchoice. Other than that, I wish you luck in writing other stories. It takes talent and determination to finish a story :)

Oh, btw, I'm posting my edited Rewind Park if you care to check it out in the forums. :)

Si, yo soy muy trabajadora.