SuperNOVA | Teen Ink

SuperNOVA

By Timekeeper DIAMOND, Cary, North Carolina
Timekeeper DIAMOND, Cary, North Carolina

"A guy walks up to me and asks 'What's Punk?'. So I kick over a garbage can and say 'That's punk!'. So he kicks over a garbage can and says 'That's Punk'?, and I say 'No that's trendy'!"- Billie Joe Armstrong, Green Day

Summary:

John Lange was your typical New York detective. At least, that's what he's been told. The only thing Lange can remember is getting caught in a near fatal explosion, and now his ex-wife's employers, an organization known only as Project NOVA, have become his only lifeline. No one's willing to tell the whole truth, and no one can be trusted. NOVA's own operatives have been disappearing, and someone on the outside has been watching Lange for a long, long time.

But before Lange can investigate the secretive Project NOVA, he's going to have to learn the truth about himself. And the secrets John Lange's own mind hides may yet make this case his last!

Frank C.

SuperNOVA

Chapter Fifteen now has a new title (not revealed as a spoiler warning) and Chapter Sixteen has taken on teh title "Stranded"

Thanks for your comment! Let me know what you think after you read the rest of it :D

Pandora118 BRONZE, King Of Prussia, Pennsylvania
This is really good!!!! I couldn't finish reading it all but I will continue tomorrow.

Thanks! Be sure to let me know what you think once you've read all of the current chapters!

Wow, thank you for your comment! I really appreciate your thoughts and I'm glad you're such a big fan of the novel!

I'll certainly check out your work, and the easiest way to get people to check them out is exactly what you did -- offer feedback for feedback! :D

whatshername GOLD, Carlsbad, California
this is really good :) i couldnt read all because i dont have time but ill definitly continue tommorow!

aspiringauthor_ BRONZE, Fairfield, Connecticut

"Darkness cannot drive out darkness, only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate, only love can do that." - MLK Jr.

Wow!!! This was amazing. I cannot wait for the next installment. You should be proud, you just became my idol. Of course, that was a joke, as I do not have idols. :) Anyway, to continue my line of thought (writing, obviously), I wanted to request something. I am new to this website (I've been on for maybe a month) and as a result, my pieces have been left untouched. I am really looking for some people to comment on them, rate them, whatever you're supposed to do on here. I really need some feedback! :) I figured that since you are such a great author - or novelist, should I say? - you would be able to maybe critique my novel (a puny 7 chapters) called Smart Girls Aren't Stupid. It is indeed one of those stupid high school romance stories, but I wrote it back in 5th grade and thought it would be nice (to my 5th grade self) to continue it. I hope you havr time to read it, at least. Just know that I am a faithful fan. :)

Attention SuperNOVA fans:

I will be making an announcement about the novel's progress next week, and I hope you will enjoy the good news!

Please note: currently TeenInk takes an entire novel offline when new chapters are added. As a result, SuperNOVA cannot be updated until either new chapters can be added independently of currently published content or the novel is posted in its entirety.

I understand what you mean, the action/mystery element will primarily appeal to guys, but thank you for checking it out anyway! I appreciate the feedback :D

Thank you for checking it out, please let me know if you read more of it, I definitely think that once the novel hits its stride and the characters & setting are established the quality increases dramatically.

AEAluvsanimals SILVER, Yorba Linda, California

"All creatures bleed the same blood. He who spills the blood of any of god's creatures, he spills the blood of man." - Private Journals , Landerath
Dragon's Milk.
"It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live."- Dumbledore
Harry Potter 1

I have a BUNCh of homework, so I only read 3 chapters

the beginning definitely got myattention, and I liked the part where John admits he still has feelings feelings for his ex.

An uncontrollable obsession with birds, lol

I think the best chapter so far is chapter 3

Best of luck with getting published!

sweetly_broken GOLD, Garner, North Carolina

We never know how big we are until we are asked to rise.

I think that you have very good writing ability and this is the kind of book publishers look for. I like the way it's written, but the plot isn't really for me personally. That's not your fault at all- just a personal preference of mine.

Thanks dude :) Dean Koontz is a beast though,  the dude just pumps out full books like it's nothing.

New chapters will be coming sometime in the near future, unfortunately I can't update the novel with new material without taking the entire thing offline for an undetermined amount of time, so if at all possible I am waiting for that particular bug to be fixed.+

This was really good. I can't wait for the next chapters.

Your writing style reminds me alot of dean koontz who is one of my favorite writers, so keep up the good work!

Thank you for your comment :)

I, too, am a fan of fantasy, and I even think if I took the same story I am telling here with SuperNOVA and transposed it into a fantasy setting it would still work.

If you are interested in reading the rest of it, please let me know. I feel that after the first initial chapters the story really finds its legs.

charmiypiggy said...
charmiypiggy, Melbourne, Other

You eat food for the enjoyment of it; the fact that it helps you stay alive is just a bonus.

Sorry, I only have time to read one chapter. I'm about to go off for quite a while, and I'm trying to get things done before I go. I have three other pieces to comment on.

The thing is, this didn't interest me nearly as much as a fantasy-type story would. I simply prefer stories that are usually set in another world, have people with powers, animal-related things, etc. This just isn't the kind of reading material I would normally choose. However, the story sounded intriguing, and I might continue it when I finally get a hold on a computer again. I like your writing style; it sounds really proffessional. I agree with the other readers, you are definitely going to get noticed at some point. And then I'd feel bad for kind of dissing your story.

I'm not entirely sure how to express how I feel about this piece. It's interesting, but not... my kind of interesting? Other people who read this sort of stuff would probably find it very enjoyable, but I am one of the few exceptions. My brain kinda went blank near the end when you were talking about... stuff that sounded a bit boring. You have very few mistakes, which is rare for me. Often I go crazy trying to note down every mistake.

I've got to go now, so... sorry for partly dissing your story, but I'm just that kind of person. I say, or type, what I think. Your story is good, though. Maybe I'll ask my dad to read it. He's into this kind of stuff.

Thank you for the response :D

Please read the rest when you get a chance, I believe the story gets stronger as it has more time to develop. The second act (Chapters 11-20ish) is even stronger than the first, at  least from what I can tell.

Depending on publisher response and how fast I can complete it, perhaps it will be in bookstores sooner than later, and if not I'll be looking at various forms of self publishing.

lovelycheese GOLD, Cupertino, California

"If you have something to do, then do it. You can't get wasted time back." ~Ben Carson.

Alright. So I re-read the first couple of chapters. And I really REALLY believe that I'll see this selling in bookstores someday. I'm serious. This is awesome. Even after reading through it again, I still have to hang onto every single word. 

Since I'm running on a bit of a tight schedule, I can't read the rest of it, as much as I want to. But when I do, I'll post some more feedback(:

VERY good job. I'd rate it ten out of five stars if Teen Ink would let me. 

Thank you for commenting-- I really, really appreciate it :D

I'll be honest,the fast pacing of the novel was what initially drove me to develop it as a full novel, and what I had initially planed as a trilogy I believe I will have successfully wrapped up in a single novel upon its completion.

Again, thank you for the feedback, it is very appreciated.

Of course, this is only the first one fifth of the novel, and I will have more soon so please check back :)-

Annerdy BRONZE said...
Annerdy BRONZE, San Francisco, California

Ooh, I read this before but I never commented. What a shame. D: At least it's never too late, right? 

I really, really liked the entire plot/pacing/vocabulary throughout the entire novel. It's almost surreal the way you can capture a reader's attention and bring them into the story. I liked the originality of it- how it's not something I've ever read before. Usually, I steer clear of novels like these because they're just not my thing, but I would definitely run to the closest bookstore and pick this up in a heartbeat. I don't think I have any bad things to say about it at all. The dialogue, character development, suspense, and titles of each chapter were simply perfect. Keep writing! (: