SuperNOVA | Teen Ink

SuperNOVA

By Timekeeper DIAMOND, Cary, North Carolina
Timekeeper DIAMOND, Cary, North Carolina

"A guy walks up to me and asks 'What's Punk?'. So I kick over a garbage can and say 'That's punk!'. So he kicks over a garbage can and says 'That's Punk'?, and I say 'No that's trendy'!"- Billie Joe Armstrong, Green Day

Summary:

John Lange was your typical New York detective. At least, that's what he's been told. The only thing Lange can remember is getting caught in a near fatal explosion, and now his ex-wife's employers, an organization known only as Project NOVA, have become his only lifeline. No one's willing to tell the whole truth, and no one can be trusted. NOVA's own operatives have been disappearing, and someone on the outside has been watching Lange for a long, long time.

But before Lange can investigate the secretive Project NOVA, he's going to have to learn the truth about himself. And the secrets John Lange's own mind hides may yet make this case his last!

Frank C.

SuperNOVA

Thanks mate, glad you like it.

I've been writing in some shape or form since as long as I can remember, honestly. Even as a kid when I would play with toys, I had drawn out, extensive storylines and on going continuity that I maintained between play sessions. I still have children's books I wrote at age five, too.

I was either fourteen or fifteen when teh very, very earliest ideas of SuperNOVA met paper for the first time. The majority of work has happened over the past year or so, so that would be ages 16-17. I expect it to be finished sometime either late this year or early next year, so I'll be roughly 18 when it's complete.

Thanks for the comment! I'll be sure to check out your novel soon. Is your username a reference to The Outsiders?

Laurel15 BRONZE, Eastlake, Colorado

"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams." Eleanor Roosevelt

Hi, I really enjoyed your book. For english class we are doing a yearlong project to express what we love. I am going to write a book and we need three different artifacts/interviews from experts before we can start. I was wondering if you could tell me the challenges and rewards to writing a book. Thanks!!!

barrera117 said...
goo job its rrealy good

shootingstar97 SILVER, Calgary, Other

Life is a canvas..... THROW AS MUCH PAINT ON IT AS YOU CAN!
I have no other reason but a woman's reason: I think so because I think so. (Two Centlemen of Verona, Act 1, Scene 2)

ok, i'm probs way overthinking this, but i just remembered that it said not to include age and whatnot in your description or whatever, so you know, just ignore that last comment of mine. well except for the question of how long you've been writting. i really want to know that :P

shootingstar97 SILVER, Calgary, Other

oh, and by the way, im curious - and you don't have to answer this if you don't want to or feel unconfortable ( i spelt that wrong, didn't i?) how old are you? cause this rocks! and how long have you been writting?

shootingstar97 SILVER, Calgary, Other

omg your going to get it published?! that's awesome! and good luck! :) i write a lot of stories myself, but i never can bring my self to publish all of them here. as corny as it sounds, you're, like, a role model (but not really) to all of us to show us that you can really make it..... :D good luck and i hope you really have fun and succed (again, corny :p) in the publishing process!

DeeCaf said...
DeeCaf, No Way, Other

That's the thing about cake, it demands to be eaten.

Whichever one you like :)

Hey, SuperNOVA fans! If you subscribe to TeenInk's print magazine, check your mailboxes because an excerpt from an early draft of SuperNOVA has been published in the magazine! Thank you for all of your support and continue passing the early drafts on to other readers! If you wish to get in contact with me, please see the official SuperNOVA nova website (Project-Novadawtkom) and keep checking back for more news.

DallysGrrl PLATINUM, Middlesex, New Jersey
I really enjoyed this very much! This was the first novel that I read on teenink and I wasn't entirely sure if I would have the patience to sit through a full length story. I was pleasantly surprised! As soon as I started, I couldn't stop. Your writing style is absolutely riviting and I loved every minute of it. I was hoping if you could read my book, Secrets, Secrets Are No Fun... It's a quick read but I worked hard on it and I wanted to know what you though. Thanks!!

Thanks for your comment, I'm glad you liked the novel (or at least this unfinished draft of it :P) I'll always check out other people's work, what pieces would you like me to look at?

Sure, not a problem at all! Thanks for your comment and support!

DeeCaf said...
DeeCaf, No Way, Other

This was great :) I really liked it!

Also, you said that you'd check out anyone's work if they asked you to! Would you look at mine? 

emilybwrites SILVER, Villa Hills, Kentucky

last night i lay in bed, looking up at the stars and i thought to myself, where the heck is the ceiling?

hey i know i already commented on this, but i love it so darn much! i have a new poem called "the others" please comment and rate it! thanks :)

also check out "forgotten domain", people :)

I'm digging the L icon!

That's correct. If a publisher picks it up then I'll be looking into print publication, and if it is self-published then it will be on the Kindle marketplace.

Thanks! I'm glad you like it!

Emily.L GOLD said...
Emily.L GOLD, Gilbert, Arizona

"Sometimes, we just have to be happy with what people can offer us. Even if it's not what we want, at least it's something. " -Sarah Dessen

Gosh, that was, like, totally amazing...wow.