soul drainers | Teen Ink

soul drainers

February 15, 2011
By xXxSKULLZxXx GOLD, waupaca, Wisconsin
More by this author
xXxSKULLZxXx GOLD, Waupaca, Wisconsin
13 articles 19 photos 4 comments

Favorite Quote:
"time is a waste of life, life is a waste of time, so always be wasted and have the time of your life"


My name is Rylie Fay Heats; I’m 18 years old, I have long blonde hair and brown eyes. I’m very well fit, not too skinny; and I’m five foot six. So I was an average teen girl. I was nine when my parents and two brothers, ages 14 and 16, were murdered by a serial killer. I was at my friends for the weekend working on a school project. After finding out what happened to them I moved into my Grandma’s house. There, I grew up and had a wonderful life. I had nothing to worry about; the police had caught the murderer when I was 11 and he was put to death. So I grew up living with my grandma, it wasn’t as bad as some people might think. I was one month away from graduating, with honors I might add, when Keagan showed up. After that I was never the same person; plus I never did get to graduate. Before I met Keagan I was a mom, yes a teenage mother. I have, or had actually, a two year old baby girl, her name is Faith Ray Heats. I got pregnant when I was 15 and had her when I was 16. Her father died in a car crash when she was just a few months old. When I turned, Keagan told me I could never see her again until she was grown up. So I had lost her in a sense. She will be 16 soon the same age I was when she was born. And so I write her my story. And to her I would say, I love you and you will always be in my heart.
Faith I want you to know that I never wanted to leave you. I wanted to take you with me but they said it would be too dangerous. So I want you to know who your mother is. And one day when you are old enough; I will come to you and we can be together again. So begins my story…




I was walking down the street to the food market to get some milk and bread; and I noticed that someone or something was following me. So I whipped around to catch it but it disappeared. Where it went I didn’t know, so I turned around and kept walking. Then I heard a soft, whispering voice call out my name.
“Rylie.” I spun around to find no one there, again.
So I walked backwards and after I lost interest I turned back around and felt like my stomach hit the ground and my heart was about to burst from my chest. Standing just inches from me was a tall dark, handsome, young man. I went to scream but his soft hand touched my mouth to keep me from making any noise.
He grabbed my arm and pulled me towards the ally and I went along, I couldn’t do anything else it was like I was in a trance or something. So when we got there he pushed me up against the wall and let my mouth go.
This young man was almost a foot taller than I was. He looked to be a couple years older, around 20 maybe. He had shaggy hair the color of the night, blackest black. He had neon green eyes and in his left eye there was a small spot of sky blue. They were amazing. He was very well built but not huge like a wrestler or anything.
All in all he was very cute.
“I have been waiting for you.” He said staring straight in to my eyes
“How do you know me? Where did you come fro-?” Before I could finish he cut me off.
“I am here to protect you. I have waited centur…a long time for you.” He just looked at me I didn’t know what to do.
“Who are you?” I asked again.
“I’m a protector, I have been sent to protect you.”
“Yes. You said that already. Protect me from what?”
“I can’t say.”
“Why not?” I demanded.
“It’s forbidden.” He seemed to be annoyed with me; yet there was a sense of passion in his eyes. I couldn’t help but stare, but no matter how badly I wanted to know what he was supposedly protecting me from I knew he wasn’t going to tell me.
“Well can you at least tell me your name and how you know me?”
“Keagan and I have told you, I’m your protector.”
“Why won’t you tell me what it is exactly you are protecting me from?”
“I can’t. But I can tell you that you must leave with me right now. And we have to hurry before morning.”
“Why morning? Why do I have to go with you? And how can I trust you?”
“Ugh! You stupid mortal just listen to me!” I swear when he yelled that the whole ally shook in fear along with me.
“I am not stupid. And aren’t you a mortal too? So wouldn’t that make you stupid as well?” he just glared at me. Then without a word he grabbed my arm and threw me on to his back and ran. And I mean he ran, at the time I thought I was flying. He was going so fast that the traffic next to us was a blur. I couldn’t do anything but just let it happen I didn’t know what to do. I couldn’t tell if the whistling noise going passed my ears was the wind or me screaming. Then we went off the road and through some trees and after what seemed like maybe 10 seconds he stopped and dropped me to the ground we were in front of my house. It would have taken me 30 minutes to walk here, maybe 25 if I ran. I was speechless, I had no idea what had happened. I thought I was dreaming, yeah that’s it I was dreaming.
“How? But you, and I, we...”
I didn’t know what to say so many questions were running through my head I didn’t know which one to ask first, but I never got the chance. He knelt down by me and looked at me with his beautiful eyes.
“You are to go upstairs get a jacket and decent shoes, shoes that you can run in, not these high heel things” I looked down at my shoes, I just bought them yesterday on sale. I was about to ask why, but it was like he read my thoughts.
“You are going to be doing a lot of walking and possibly running. So I suggest you hurry.”
“But, how did u do that?”
“That is none of your concern”
“But…”
“No buts. Now go!”
I just sat there with a blank look on my face.
“Oh forget it. I can see that you are going to be very stubborn and difficult to handle.” He pulled me up, reached into the pocket of my jeans and got my keys. Then he was gone. A few seconds later he was back with my old gym shoes and my black jean jacket. He handed me my shoes, I still just stood there. Finally I couldn’t take it anymore.
“OK I’m not going anywhere with you until you tell me who or what you are and why you need to protect me and from what. Also how can you run so fast?”
“I can’t it’s…”
“It’s forbidden yes I know but why? I’m not moving until you tell me and don’t even think about picking me up.”
Right as he is about to answer he gets pummeled to the ground. There are four other guys on him. Everything is happening so fast I can’t see who’s wining or who the other guys are for that matter. Then all four guys are thrown to the road. Then before I know it I’m back on Keagan and he’s running towards the Blue-Drum forest. Why it is called blue-drum I don’t know but one thing I do know is that who ever went in never came out; A few years ago a bunch of teen boys were in the forest goofing off and then they all got thrown down to the ground and when they got back up one of them was missing. They don’t know who pushed them down or where the other boy went. So they all tried to run out of the forest but it was too late. What ever had gotten the first boy got the last 5, each one at a time. A few days later, after being reported missing for two days, they were found and the necks had a chunk of flesh missing, something had taken a bite out of them and all their blood was spilled on the forest floor. So no one ever went in to there again. So I was hoping very hard that we weren’t going in there.
We got to the edge of the forest and we stopped, that was about three miles. And he wasn’t even out of breath.
“Don’t worry we aren’t going in there, yet. But trust me when we do you have nothing to be afraid about”
“Who were those guys that attacked you?”
“They work for Kristoph.”
“Who is Kristoph? And why did they attack you like that?”
“We don’t have much time before they follow your sent and get to here. We have to hurry and get you some new clothes.” Ignoring the fact that he didn’t answer my question, I went along with it.
“With what money?” he pulls out a wad of cash from his pocket.
“I got it covered.”
He picked me back up and threw me on his back, and we ran to the clothing booth on Simmin Street. We walked in and he said to get a pair of jeans, shoes, a shirt and a jacket.
“Make sure that they are dark colors” he said before he walked off to the guys section.
So I did, I got some dark blue jeans, black skater shoes, a long sleeved purple shirt and a black hoodie.
“$67.98” said the cashier. He hands her $70.
“Thank you. You can keep the change.” He told her then he grabbed my arm and pulled me close.
“Go and change, and hurry.”
“Okay” I went to the girls’ bath room and changed and threw my old clothes away, they were from goodwill anyway. After I get out he grabbed my arm and pulled me out the door we waited for a family to pass us. A mother, father and three children; two little boys and a baby girl. The family reminded me of my own. But then I was rudely interrupted by being thrown on Keagan’s back. And we were off. Again.



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 2 comments.


on May. 13 2011 at 6:09 pm
xXxSKULLZxXx GOLD, Waupaca, Wisconsin
13 articles 19 photos 4 comments

Favorite Quote:
"time is a waste of life, life is a waste of time, so always be wasted and have the time of your life"

thnx..and the first part before it begins..she i writing aletter to her daughter..she is 18 but..she has been 18 for a while..its not really a vampire book..but an imortal story...so yea...got any ideas for me for the next chapter?? im willing t take suggestions....

on Feb. 17 2011 at 5:28 pm
Internal-Love PLATINUM, Queens, New York
33 articles 3 photos 310 comments

Favorite Quote:
Nothing's black or white, its all just a shade of gray---

















TI "Live your Life" ft Rihanna

This is really good!! The title and story is all very unique!! Good job!! It reminds me of twilight a little...........BUT STILL!! GOOD JOB

just make sure you spell scent with a c and at the begining I'm a little confused. Is the woman nararrating 18 or an older adult? Cause her daughter is turning 16............Anyway, like i said its great