Miraculous Lovebug | Teen Ink

Miraculous Lovebug

May 25, 2016
By iWriter365 BRONZE, College Park , Maryland
More by this author
iWriter365 BRONZE, College Park , Maryland
1 article 0 photos 13 comments

Favorite Quote:
You're off to great places, today is your day, your mountain is waiting, so get on your way- Dr. Seuss


Author's note:

I recently became a fan of Miraculous Ladybug. I found myself thinking up scenarios that needed to be written down. To be honest, I paused an episode and found the most hilarious, awkward-out-of-context screenshots that made me want to start the story in the first place. 

The author's comments:

This didn't paste very well, I lost all of the italics, I hope it still reads well. 

Anyway, if you like it please support me on my other posts on fanfic: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11903175/1/Miraculous-Lovebug

 

and archiveofourown: http://archiveofourown.org/works/6622963/chapters/15154933

 

Also, watch my Miraculous Ladybug crack video on Youtube (which I might post here): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-B1Lqqz4Y8

 

Follow me on Tumblr: eloctromagnetic.tumblr.com 

Marinette let out a sigh. Ever since she “rescued” Chat Noir with a kiss, her head had been spinning. Day after day she faced him as though nothing had happened. Recently she discovered that she had formed the habit of looking him dead in the eye, previously she would give him mere glances. She also found herself staring at his lips when he spoke. Good thing he hadn’t noticed, otherwise he would become suspicious and eventually find out about the kiss.

 

She knew that telling him would be a cat astrophe. Great. Now she was making those dumb puns. The painful utterances that always escaped his lips. His paws itively delicious lips. Oh God, what was she thinking? She had to focus.

 

“Marinette?” Alya gently touched Marinette’s arm as the rest of her classmates began to exit the classroom. Marinette blinked and unconsciously looked at Alya wide-eyed.

 

“What’s wrong? Adrien just looked at you, and you missed it! Something is definitely wrong,” Alya squinted at Marinette.

 

“Oh… No no no! It’s nothing, just overwhelmed by all that homework we were just assigned,” Marinette struggled to find excuses for her absent-mindedness.

 

“Um, there wasn’t any homework,” said Alya, crossing her arms over her chest with just a little bit of sass.

 

Marinette shut her eyes in distress.  If only she could tell Alya.

 

“I’m really sorry-” Marinette started when suddenly the ground shook and screams echoed through the hallways. Marinette and Alya ran out of the classroom and tried to figure out what was going on. Suddenly, Mrs. Bustier ran up to them.

 

“Girls, what are you still doing here? Both of you go home immediately! Some girl is rampaging the school, and she’s doing it in style,” Mrs. Bustier instructed.

 

As Mrs. Bustier ran into the classroom to make sure no student had been left behind, Marinette and Alya looked at each other.

 

“How do you rampage in style?” Marinette thought aloud.

 

“Let’s go find out for ourselves,” Alya replied.

 

I have to find a place to transform , thought Marinette.

 

Marinette and Alya ran down the hallways and spotted a gold clad girl turning the white floors to bright pink, and the lockers to solid gold with the wave of her hand. Alya pulled out her phone in awe, and narrated the scene. While Alya was occupied Marinette slipped away into the janitor’s closet.

______________________________________________________________________

Adrien got up to leave the classroom when Chloe approached him.

“Hey Adrien! I was thinking, I have these great fashion designs that I’m sure your dad would love to see,” Chloe yelled loudly enough for everyone to hear.

Adrien glanced sideways at Marinette, who seemed to be lost in thought. He raised his hands defensively, “Uh no… sorry I don’t think my dad is looking for designs from outsiders right now,” he braced himself for the worst.

Chloe was too flustered to give her typical witty comeback. Adrien had just rejected her in front of everyone . She stormed out of the room as soon as the bell rang without another word.

Adrien sighed. He didn’t have the energy to put up with Chloe. He couldn’t stop thinking about Ladybug. She had been acting so strange lately. Maybe it was just him. She seemed so distracted around him. She had never been so out of it. Not that Adrien minded being the hero from time to time, but he was seriously worried.

I hope she’s alright, He thought to himself.  Adrien walked with Nino to the lockers. None of the usual stuttery good-byes from Marinette, how strange. He began to open his locker when he heard someone yell, “Fashion Passion!”. Adrien spun around and found a girl shooting colors and fabrics all around the school. Although she seemed to be focused on him. He ran  around the corner avoiding her enraged shots. As he ran his eyes darted from side to side in search of a place he could have some privacy. Ah, perfect! The janitor’s closet. Without another thought he ran into the closet and shut the door before that insane girl was even around the corner. As he locked the door a pink flash bursted behind him. Adrien turned around carefully.

“Hello?” Adrien whispered into the darkness, “You aren’t a minion for that crazy girl out there, right…?” He continued with uncertainty.

“Chat Noir?” asked a familiar voice.

Adrien froze, “L-Ladybug?” He said hesitantly.

“It’s good to know you’re already here, Chat,” Ladybug said.

Adrien blushed. To think he was that close to finding out who Ladybug really was. What do you know, she really does go to his school, “Of course, I’m always here to  keep you safe, My Lady,” Adrien was playing it cool, when really, he had no idea what to do.

“Alright, well what are we waiting for?” Ladybug asked as she started to unlock the door.

Adrien grabbed Ladybug’s hand, “Wait!” He exclaimed.

Ladybug noticed his hand. Chat Noir had held her hand before, he had claws. This time she didn’t feel any claws, just a normal, bare hand.

“Chat, you're not transformed yet are you?” Ladybug concluded.

“...No, I’m not.” Adrien admitted.

Ladybug became slightly excited. Ever since the kiss, she desperately wanted to know who Chat Noir was. Her fingers were itching to open the door and shine the light on him. If only she had the night vision Chat Noir had.

Before she could open her mouth, a green light shown in her face.

“I’m all set, My Lady,” Chat Noir smirked at Ladybug, even though she couldn’t see him.

Chat Noir and Ladybug burst out of the closet. They were taken aback by the Barbie- Dream-House-like surroundings that used to be their school. They ran out the front door and found most of the streets were the same as the school.

“We’d better hurry if we want to stop this girl,” Ladybug pointed out.

“Yeah, but what does she want?” Chat Noir asked.

“Whatever it is, it’s bad news,” she replied before she dashed down the road, following the bright and stylish path.

                                  *                *                  *

“I am Créatrice de Mode! I am looking for Adrien Agreste! If you don’t want the Eiffel Tower to be a giant accessory, then you’ll bring him to me now!” shouted the so-called ‘Créatrice de Mode’, hovering proudly next to the Eiffel Tower.

“Is there anyone who doesn’t want Adrien?” Ladybug asked without thinking.

“What exactly do you mean by that?” Chat Noir, but mostly Adrien, asked in response.

Ladybug didn’t answer. Instead she went for the attack on Créatrice de Mode. Now that she thought about it, she resembled Chloe, and she had been waiting for an opportunity like this one.

“Don’t tell me you’re in love with another man, My Lady,” Chat Noir laughed, but Adrien listened intently.

“That’s none of your business,” Ladybug answered, more interested in trashing Créatrice de Mode. Much more interested. Although she didn’t quite know the answer herself.

Chat Noir began to lend Ladybug a hand. However, his mind was elsewhere. Could Ladybug really have fallen in love with him- err -Adrien? Maybe it wouldn’t hurt to tell Ladybug who he was… right?

Left and right, Créatrice de Mode ‘fashionized’ Paris, and used her ‘rejection beams’ to tear into things she didn’t want. Ladybug wondered what it would do to a person.

Although Ladybug fought with all of her might, the battle didn’t seem to be going well. Even though she thought she would be confident with all the thrill and revenge in her heart, she suddenly felt intimidated. Even though she had felt as though she could fling her across town. Chloe was one-upping her again. Where was the easy battle? What was up with Chat? He had never fought so clumsily.

Ladybug had had enough, she decided there was only one thing left to do, “Lucky Charm!” She cried out.  Before her lucky charm landed in her hand, Créatrice de Mode zapped a beam at it and threw it out of reach. Ladybug looked behind her and found it was damaged from the attack, useless. No one had ever done that before. Now it had been a waste, and the clock was ticking.

“Oldest trick in the book,” said Créatrice de Mode. 

The dots on her earing went down to two, “Chat! I’m running out of time!” Ladybug declared.

With no response from Chat, she turned to look at him.

 

“Watch out!” Ladybug screamed.

 

Chat snapped out of it and barely missed Créatrice de Mode’s attack.

 

“Pay attention Chat! Where is your mind wandering off to?” Just as Ladybug said this, one of Créatrice de Mode’s beams was headed straight for her.

 

“Ladybug!” Chat Noir exclaimed. He didn’t waste another second. He lept towards Ladybug and embraced her. Chat took the hit. They fell to the ground.

 

He grimaced, and then forced a c***y grin, “You should take your own advice, My Lady,” he joked.

 

Chat Noir held Ladybug tightly. She didn’t seem to respond. Chat looked at her, she was out cold. That’s when he realised he had taken the hit, but she had taken the fall. He had landed on her. If only he had been more careful. Chat struggled to his feet, still holding Ladybug closely, cradling her head on his shoulder. A bright pink light blinded him.

 

Oh no , thought Chat. He looked down, Ladybug was no longer clad with her red and black polkadotted suit, but instead pink pants and a black shirt. Clothing he felt he recognized. Chat put his right hand over Ladybug’s head, attempting to hide her face from bystanders. Then, picking her up, he made an escape. He heard Créatrice de Mode cackle in the background as if she had won. Hopefully there would still be time to stop her afterwards, but now was not the time.

 

Then, as if possessed by something, Créatrice de Mode was chasing after them. One second she was happy to see them run in fear, the next she is determined to keep them from escaping. He couldn’t afford to try and face her alone. He was wounded, and Ladybug’s identity would be revealed if he didn’t hide.

 

Chat turned around and extended his staff towards Créatrice de Mode so that it would knock her in the face. Créatrice de Mode yelped as the head of the staff drove into her nose. Being the perfect little princess she was, she covered her face in agony and flew away crying. Chat let out a sigh of relief and ran off with Ladybug in his arms.

 

         *                    *                       *

 

Chat stood motionless in front of his bed. Ladybug still sat in his arms. All the time he spent searching and digging for her secret identity, this was the moment. It was now as simple as laying her down and looking at her face. But he couldn’t bring himself to it. Ladybug began to move, she was waking up.

 

Chat shut his eyes, “Here goes…” he let her down gently.

 

Chat kept his eyes for a few seconds longer. He shivered a little. Then couldn’t keep back the dumbest smile he had ever given.

 

“Chat?” Ladybug croaked.

 

Chat’s face twitched. He slowly began to open his eyes.

 

“Marinette?!” Chat’s eyes slowly widened.

 

Chat almost choked. Marinette felt her face for her mask.

 

Shocked, Marinette shot up, “What happened?! How did this… you know who I am?” The answer was obvious but she hadn’t really taken the time to think.

 

Chat looked at Marinette, “Yeah, you’re transformation came undone while you were out.”

 

Chat knew it was only fair, he let Plagg know it was time to undo the transformation. The green light flashed. Chat maintained eye-contact. Marinette gasped.

 

      *                *               * 

 

As the reality of the whole situation sunk in, Marinette nearly drove herself mad at the thought that Adrien really was  Chat Noir.  No amount of time waiting was going to change that. She wasn’t going to wake up and realize it was all a dream. Adrien was Chat Noir. She felt so embarrassed. All those times shyly flirting with Adrien, trying desperately to tell him how she felt, yet simultaneously rejecting him bluntly as Chat Noir. What could Adrien be thinking of her now?

 

“Don’t worry, I’m kinda embarrassed too,” Adrien said, noticing her distraught expression, “It’s not like either of us knew… besides this is good isn’t it?  Sure it looks as though we have been keeping our distances from each other because we thought we were in love with someone else. But in reality, this whole time, we’ve had our eyes set with each other,”

 

Marinette knew Adrien was right. They really had fallen for each other without even knowing it. Just like they had always wanted it to be. Marinette looked at Adrien, when it occurred to her, she was on Adrien’s bed! Marinette’s face turned as red as her earrings.

 

Adrien chuckled and  sat next to her. He looked at Marinette reassuringly and gave her a hug. Marinette wrapped her arms around Adrien. He flinched and cried in pain.

 

“W-what’s wrong?” Marinette asked, concerned and confused.

 

“I got hit by one of Créatrice de Mode’s attacks. Don’t worry, it’s really not that big of a deal,” Adrien lied as he stood up.

 

Marinette didn’t think twice, “Shut up and come here, Cha- uh, Adrien,” she said, pretending to ignore her screw-up, when really she was kicking herself for talking to him like he was dumb, flirty Chat. Well he was. But he wasn't. Which one was the real Adrien?

 

“You'd better get used to calling me by the right name at the right time or else my secret identity will be in trouble,” Adrien said, half-jokingly.

 

“Please, just- sit down,” Marinette ordered.  

 

                                                   *         *          *

Marinette blushed as she watched Adrien take off his button-up white shirt and black t-shirt. She stared intensely at the slow unveiling of his abs.  It wasn't the 8-pack she expected, but glorious nonetheless. After all, she was seeing Adrien shirtless! She could die happy now.

Then Adrien turned around and Marinette’s face dropped. She thought Adrien’s back would have a burn, but his back looked like it had been ripped into. Thankfully, it wouldn’t scar, but it was ugly. There was a large circle traced around his back, as though someone had cut out the skin with a pair of scissors. Or as if his skin had been disintegrated. But it wouldn’t scar. Right? It just couldn’t possibly scar, it wasn’t that deep.  It had hardly passed the second layer of skin. She knew this because instead of seeing ripped flesh and fatty tissues, she saw a layer of bright pink. Anatomy and Physiology class had finally come in useful.

Marinette knew she needed to stop obsessing over scaring and stop the bleeding. She noticed that the back of Adrien’s white shirt was soaked bright red and there was a circular hole.

“Oh my God, Adrien why didn’t you say anything?” Marinette exclaimed.

“Because he’s a dumbass,”  said a third voice. Adrien ducked sheepishly.

“ Plagg!” he whispered desperately. Marinette peeked over Adrien’s shoulder.

“What was that?” she asked.

“N-nothing!” Adrien shouted,clearly hiding something. Suddenly a black blur flew in front of Marinette. A small black cat, similar in size to Tikki.

“How rude, I’m far from nothing! Plagg, at your service… or maybe not,” Plagg bowed sarcastically.

“Are you Adrien’s kwami?” Marinette guessed aloud.

“Who else would I be? His fairy god parent?” Plagg responded, rolling his eyes.

“Plagg, don’t be rude!” Adrien snapped. He turned around to look at Plagg and cringed, as every movement was excruciating.  Marinette turned her attention away from Plagg. She was always watching Adrien, whether it was directly and painfully obvious, or if it was from the corner of her eye. Every action, every subtle expression, she analyzed. It was an obsession. Was it possible to care too deeply for someone? Her fingers curled like the ends of her black pigtails that rested low on her shoulders. They dug into the fabric of her pink capris as she pondered about the pure fantasy of reality she was currently experiencing. She had spent all of her high-school days thus far silently loving Adrien. She had studied him like a textbook. Watched him more than her own reflection, but perhaps that was because she had a picture of him taped to her bathroom mirror.

Maybe her ignorance of the person that is herself was the reason she dismissed the hidden feelings she had for Chat Noir. The reason she hadn’t noticed how his smile made her heart jump. The reason she had almost purposely forgotten her artistic ability to connect the dots and see that clearly Chat Noir was Adrien.

Now she saw that Adrien and Chat Noir were one. Therefore they were both sitting in front of her. As she stared at the back of his head, she could see the resemblance. But the thought. The memory of the polar opposites that their personalities are, or were, disturbed her so much. They weren’t opposites anymore, they were united as something new. Something she never knew, or never thought she knew. She had known a different side of Adrien this whole time. She knew him. She no longer watched him, but she knew him. And now she was with him, alone in his room! How was this real? It just wasn’t possible.

 

Adrien noticed Marinette had been quiet for a while. He glanced back slightly in attempt to give her his attention without feeling pain.

 

“Look, I’m really sorry to worry you like this, I just couldn’t stand there and watch you get hit. And I didn’t want you to know I was hurt either.”

 

“No, it’s not that. I-I just tend over think things. It’s still kind of weird to me, you know?” she murmured.

 

“By ‘it’ you mean me, don’t you?” Adrien held his tongue as he turned all the way around to face Marinette. Beads of sweat escaped his forehead as he refrained from letting out a scream. Marinette noticed.

 

“I mean… maybe,” she looked down nervously, then looked back up to check on him.

 

“Well, I’m sorry that who I turned out to be disappointed you, but if I mean anything to you it means accepting me. All of me,” Adrien’s gaze burned into Marinette’s. This was the first time Marinette had heard such a serious, almost distant tone in his voice. It was as though he was very sensitive to anything considering himself, particularly when it comes to Marinette’s opinion. It was strange, since he was a model, always having attention on him. Wasn’t everything about him already in the open? Well… except for the fact that he was Chat Noir.

 

“No! You aren’t a disappointment. I’m just really confused, and a little embarrassed about that sorry excuse for a confession,” Marinette blushed.

 

Adrien leaned back trying to recall any confessions. Then he realized she was talking about earlier that day during the battle. He laughed.

 

“Don’t worry about it. It actually made me really excited, I had no idea you liked me,”

 

Marinette grinned shyly, “But everyone likes you, Adrien,”

 

Adrien ran his fingers through his hair, “I guess, but that’s different. You’re different,”

 

In that moment the room fell silent. Marinette and Adrien sat staring at each other. Adrien leaned in closer.

 

“Um, excuse me! Plagg still exists! Heellloooooo!” Plagg placed himself in between Adrien and Marinette. Adrien made a sound resembling a hiss, but maybe it was just an angry sigh.

 

“Plagg! You little brat!” Adrien swung in Plagg’s direction, not really intending to hit him. Plagg laughed and stuck his tongue out.

 

“What can I say? You were ignoring me,” Plagg crossed his tiny arms, “That’s unacceptable. Besides, you should be apologising to me!”

 

Adrien made a face, “Apologising?!”

 

“Yeah, I mean I knew it was Marinette this whole time. You never actually stopped to listen to me though. You guys sure are slow. You make a perfect match, isn’t that right, Tikki?”  Plagg looked confidently in the direction of Marinette’s purse.

 

Adrien watched as a red figure peered out of the small pink bag.

 

“Except that you were never supposed to say anything in the first place,” said the red being, apparently named Tikki.

 

“Yeah, yeah… quit acting as if I did say anything,” Plagg laid down in mid-air.

 

Adrien leaned back and sighed. As he did so he remembered there was a large hole cut out of his back.

 

He ignored the pain, “How could we be a perfect match if we couldn’t even figure out we were together almost constantly. It just looks to me like only parts of us are good for each other.” Plagg and Tikki exchanged concerned looks.

 

Marinette looked at Adrien, completely ignoring the statement he had made, because seriously? Adrien is great, but he’s still a man- well- boy. Boys can be so stupid, you tell them something and they think it’s some sort of code. Marinette wasn’t trying to confuse him, she told him he wasn’t a disappointment! Well, maybe that wasn’t terribly direct. She needed to tell him exactly what she meant. Whether she liked to admit it or not, she had fallen for Chat. Now it was a lot easier to understand why. She didn’t have to worry about staying “loyal” to Adrien anymore. Marinette shoved that thought to the back of her mind.

 

“Alright, where do you keep your medkits?” Marinette asked, ready to put even more of her Anatomy and Physiology and First Aid training studies to the test. She had chosen to take those classes knowing someone would wind up getting hurt eventually, and she needed to know her stuff.

 

Adrien blinked back into reality, he too had been lost in thought, “Oh, well that’d be in the medicine closet,” but he was very good at jumping right back into a conversation.

 

“Medicine closet?” Marinette arched an eyebrow, had she heard that right?

 

“Sure, all the prescription medicines, remedies, ointments, bandages, you name it. They’re all in there,” Adrien made a small gesture as if to show the variety contained in the closet, yet he was not impressed at what was coming out of his mouth.

 

“I mean, most people have a medicine cabinet . A closet?! That’s- that’s awesome! I’m sure I’ll find what I need there, so where is it?” Marinette began to stand up, but Adrien raised his hands to stop her.

 

“Uh, woahwoahwoah. You can’t leave my room and go running around my house!”

 

“ Uh, whywhywhy not?” Marinette said mockingly…accidentally.

 

Adrien paused for a moment, taken aback from the mockery. Sure, this was the everyday Ladybug attitude, but seeing it come out of Marinette’s mouth made him uncomfortable. It was still her, why couldn’t he get over himself? He was starting to understand where Marinette was coming from, being confused, and feeling embarrassed. This only put him deeper into a depressing hole of “we’ll-never-work”.

Just as Marinette began to regret going all Ladybug on him, Adrien laughed,

“There’s My Lady,” Adrien said with an uneasy smile, “ anyway, you can’t go out because Nathalie could catch you. Then we’d both be in trouble. I’ll go out instead.”

“What?! No way! Not like that. I’m not gonna let you go bleeding your heart out all over the house,” Marinette crossed her arms the way Alya always did when she was being a total idiot.

Adrien shrugged, “Actually, my heart is in my chest, not my back.”

Marinette was ready to burst, “Chat! I mean-”

“No, you can call me that. It excites me,” Adrien smirked.

How could Marinette’s hormones not go completely insane? It was so completely mentally paralyzing to see Adrien, with that stupid smirk, that goddamn smirk Chat always has.

With that, Marinette snapped, “I’ll get it! And I know just how to do it!”

The sternness in Marinette’s voice and the look in her eye let Adrien know it was time to back down. He nodded.

                                              *            *           *

Adrien’s bedroom door opened without a sound.  A hooded figure poked it’s head out. Coast was clear. A pair of green clad legs slowly revealed themselves as the figure slid out of the doorway.

Marinette had to refrain from screaming in pure joy as she snuck around Adrien’s house in, get this, Adrien’s clothes! She knew he had worn this particular outfit before too, as she had seen him wearing it on the cover of a magazine as he strolled leisurely with his eyes closed.

Carefully replaying Adrien’s instructions in her head, she walked down the hall. Down the hall on the right, then a left, first door on the right. She opened the door to reveal what could’ve passed as a small pharmacy. Marinette went looking for any first-aid kit she could find. Got it.

“Adrien?” S***.

Marinette faked a cough, “Oh…” she said in a raspy voice, “Nathalie?” Of course it was Nathalie, who else would it be? Marinette didn’t turn around to confirm it.

“Yes. What are you doing in there? Are you feeling alright? You sound horrible,” said Nathalie.

Marinette wiped the sweat off her hands on the front of the dark brown hoodie, “Yeah, I’m feeling kinda under the weather. Just grabbing some medicine to hold me over.”

“Well that first-aid kit won’t do you any good,” Nathalie said, looking at the white box under Marinette’s arm.

Marinette quickly brought the box to her chest, “Oh, uh… I also cut my finger while doing my homework.”

Nathalie took a step forward, “Really? Let me have a look.”

Marinette panicked, “Actually, uh, I’ve got lots and lots of homework. I’d better get back to work!” With that, Marinette turned around quickly, ducked past Nathalie and dashed towards Adrien’s bedroom.

                                           *           *           *    

“Wow, you did it,” Adrien looked up at a wheezing hump of Marinette, who was laying down on the floor.

Marinette shot up and walked up to Adrien, triumphantly presenting the first-aid kit.

Adrien scratched the back of his head nervously, “Sorry I ever doubted you Bugaboo-”

“Now turn around!” Marinette ordered, opening the first-aid kit.

Obediently, Adrien turned around, revealing the horrible wound once again. Marinette immediately got to work. She cleansed the wound with a wet towel from Adrien’s bathroom, disinfected it, and began wrapping bandages around Adrien’s torso.

Adrien kept quiet. His face was bright red. He stood still, other than the backward glances at Marinette. What could be going through her mind? All this time together, he had realized that he had gotten used to Marinette being Ladybug. Besides, it was 10x hotter when Marinette was scolding him. It was hot that Marinette was Ladybug. He decided he wasn’t uncomfortable, he was just overwhelmed. I mean, could it get any better than this? Finally some alone time with Ladybug,and she was in his room. Bonus, turns out she was also Marinette? God is good. He always wondered what it was about Marinette. Now she was sitting behind him, tending to his injury. Now it was up to her how things would be between them.

“Adrien,” Marinette started, Adrien held his breath, “I need to clear something out with you.”

“Yeah?”

Marinette tightened the bandages around Adrien’s back, “I was thinking about how I feel when I’m around Chat… and how he’s you. It drove me crazy, but when I really thought about it, I knew it was a lot more serious than crushing on you at school,” she finished winding and taped the end down.

“I thought I was crushing on someone I didn’t even know that well. But I do know you. I’ve been fighting alongside you this whole time. It’s been amazing, I couldn’t ask for a better partner. But I always ignored your feelings and saw you as a friend because, well, I had a crush on Adrien. Now I see the whole picture. That’s why I know, that I don’t like you,” Adrien’s jaw clenched shut.

“I love you,” Marinette finally let herself say. 

Adrien’s tear-filled, green eyes shot up. Marinette stood up and walked around to look at him, “Tail and all…” she finished. Adrien wouldn’t wait any longer, he grabbed Marinette by the wrists and pulled her towards him. Their lips met. Marinette tried not to cry. Adrien held her tightly, as if he were holding the moment. Keeping the moment for just a little longer. Their mouths made a soft suction noise as they separated. They stood still, leaning on each others foreheads, time stood still.

Adrien broke the silence, “Ha, if Chloe could see you now.” Marinette giggled.

A couple seconds passed, with stiffness in the atmosphere. They slowly looked up at each other, wide-eyed, as reality hit them like a shovel to the face.

“Chloe!” They shouted in unison.

Adrien and Marinette turned to their kwamis, who sat on the pillow beside them. Tikki’s large eyes twinkled, half of her marveled at the sight of Marinette and Adrien so close together. The other half was disappointed in the pair’s lack of responsibility and their overdose in slowness. Plagg on the other hand… was just eating cheese.

 

“Tikki!” Marinette called.

 

“Plagg!” Adrien yelled simultaneously.

 

“Way ahead of you,” Tikki floated to Marinette, Plagg groaned as if to say he was strongly attempting to get up.

 

“Tikki, spots on!”  Instantly Tikki was sucked into Marinette’s earring. Marinette was enveloped in an enchanting rosy light. Swarms of sparkly pixie dust unveiling a different and stronger Marinette… Ladybug.

 

Adrien held his breath, quivering in awe. He knew Marinette was Ladybug, but it would take some getting used to. He really loved her. Turns out she loved him back. He knew Ladybug would never let him go with her in his condition. But he couldn’t let her go alone, they were a team no matter what. If anything happened to her, he wouldn’t be able to forgive himself.

 

Adrien stood up , “I’m going with you,”

 

Ladybug turned from the window she was preparing to leap through, “What? Are you insane? No way!”

 

“We’re a team Ladybug. Marinette. We always have been, and I’m not gonna let anything get in the way of that. I’ll be fine, I'd be in more danger if I stayed here as Adrien anyway,” Adrien glanced down at his right hand and fiddled with his white ring. He glanced up at Ladybug, who was gazing downward at nothing in particular.

 

“Alright…” Ladybug was hesitant, but something about Adrien made her worry less.

 

Adrien smiled. But not like the fake smiles on the cover of magazines. Not even the smile he gave his friends every day. It was a new smile. Probably his first real smile in a really long time.

 

“You won’t regret this. Besides, the faster we finish this, the faster I can get out of these bandages and you can get some more of this , am-I-right?”  Adrien winked just like Chat always did. Ladybug’s heart skipped at the appalling yet amazingly romantic sight of Adrien pretending to be Chat Noir. Of course, she had never even thought of the possibility of healing Adrien with her powers.

 

“J-just hurry up or I’ll leave you behind,” Ladybug brushed her bangs aside as if to uncover her eyes, but really she was trying to hide behind them.

 

“As you wish, My Lady,” Adrien said with a bow.

 

Adrien turned to Plagg and said those magic words once again. Claws out. A different tone in his voice. The words had a meaning now. He and Ladybug were connected on a whole different level now. The unattended and neglected love had been sparked, his claws were out. 

 

Chat Noir strolled up to Ladybug, who seemed a little dazed, “We’re amazing together,” he took Ladybug’s hand, “And that’s why I’m never letting go of you.”

 

The grasp of their hands tightened, but it was Ladybug who had tightened her grip. Ladybug looked Chat in the eye and smiled sweetly. Chat peered out the window, flashes of light caught his eye. He pulled out his staff and brought Ladybug’s hand with his to the head of the staff.

 

“Hold on,” he said.

 

Then he pressed a button on the staff and it stretched out to the ground. The staff threw the two of them above the buildings. Chat leaned forward and they plunged into the city.

 

*                                *                                *

 

Chat Noir and Ladybug ran the last block, guided by the colorful rays flying just a few hundred feet ahead.

 

Ladybug looked over her shoulder at Chat, “How are you holding up?”

 

“I feel great!” Chat nodded in Ladybug’s direction.

 

Ladybug raised an eyebrow, “I’m impressed,”

 

Chat closed his eyes c***ily and raised his biceps, “Guess I’m just that strong,” Ladybug rolled her eyes and scolded Chat for running with his eyes closed.

They came to a stop as they approached the scene. Créatrice de Mode‘s fabrics flew in every direction. The fabrics weren’t hitting objects or buildings, they were hitting people. She was building an army. Instantly, a mother and daughter were a tailor and a mannequin.

Ladybug squinted up at Créatrice de Mode, “This isn’t good…”

Chat winced, and then beamed, “I knew you’d need me,”

Créatrice de Mode turned her attention to Chat and Ladybug, “So, you cowards have finally returned? How can you call yourselves heroes if you run away in fear?”

Chat Noir shrugged, “Your getup is just so atrocious we couldn't stand to look at it any longer,”

Créatrice de Mode growled and began throwing attacks at Chat.

Chat dodged them and continued, “I mean seriously, what were you thinking going out in public like that ? Talk about social suicide,”

“Ugh, YOU’RE THE LAST PERSON I WANT TO HEAR THAT FROM!,” Créatrice de Mode screamed.

Chat looked down at his costume, “Oh, am I really?”, he said, caressing his sides.

Créatice de Mode shuddered as Chat winked up at her, “You don’t know a thing about fashion,”

Adrien laughed inside, Chat pouted sympathetically-sarcastically,  “What’s the matter, you seem kinda touchy when it comes to fashion. I’m guessing I’m not the first to disagree with your style?”

Créatice de Mode bent forward with her hands on her hips, “ DON’T REMIND ME,” and with a wave of her hand, her army was headed towards Chat Noir and Ladybug.

“You had to make it worse?” Ladybug whined.

Chat laughed nervously as he pulled out his staff. In the amount of time Chat and Ladybug had been gone, the army had been able to grow very large. There was no way the two of them could take them on.

Ladybug puckered her lips teasingly as if she was withholding some good news (much like how she puckered her lips to kiss Chat not too long ago and he still doesn’t know about it), “Luckily, you served as a distraction and bought me time to think,” Ladybug lifted a red, polka-dotted flared dress.

Créatice’s army stopped right in their tracks, “Oooh! That dress ! I absolutely must have it! Gimmegimmegimme!” Créatice floated down eagerly to retrieve the dress herself.

For about five seconds, Créatice de Mode stood still, a purple butterfly framed her cloudy eyes.

Créatice raised her index finger to her temple, “Yeah, in a minute...”, and in an instant she was back to drooling over the dress.

Créatice shot her hands out in attempt to grab the garment, forgetting about the sketchbook she had been clutching, which dropped to the ground, “Aha!” Ladybug exclaimed, swooping for the book.

She then ripped the book in half, and out slipped a dark purple butterfly.

Chat watched as Ladybug “de-evilized” the akuma, and threw the dress into the sky. A pink cloud swept through the sky, turning giant shoes back into cars, and the Eiffel Tower returned from being a giant bejeweled earring. Ladybug noticed Chat was standing a little bit straighter.

Chat Noir and Ladybug did their classic fistbump, “ Too easy,” Ladybug said.

Chat touched his back, “Yeah, you didn’t need me after all,”

Ladybug’s smile faded, “That’s not true at all! How could you say that after all that other stuff you said?”

Chat looked up, “Well-”

“Remember how she shot my Lucky Charm right out of the sky?” Ladybug continued.

“Yeah…”

“It wouldn’t have been possible this time if you hadn’t kept her busy,”

“But-”

“And who knows what would’ve happened if you hadn’t been there to protect me...”

At this Chat and Ladybug paused, staring at each other.

 

Chat took a deep breath, “Do you wanna… go out someplace?”

 

Ladybug blinked twice too many times, “Sure…”

 

A voice whimpered from below them, “What’s going on? Ladybug?!”

 

There lie a shrivelled up Chloé Bourgeois, scared and confused.

 

“Oh… right,” Ladybug slouched, mentally preparing herself to give the usual pep talk… which was going to be difficult. Especially without laughing.

 

“Chloé,” Chat Noir cut in as Ladybug was opening her mouth.

 

Chat knelt on one knee in order to be at eye level with Chloé, “You shouldn’t let other people determine who you are, or depend on them to approve of your decisions. Even if it’s someone you deeply respect. If there’s something you want to pursue, something you love, then what another person says shouldn’t discourage you,”

 

Chloé let herself go for a second, “What if your passion is more on that person you respect, than anything else?”

 

Chat sighed, “Then you need to change your focus. They might be holding you back. Sometimes, you hurt yourself, waiting for someone to match your feelings. Whether you cover it by faking happiness, desperately try to force a connection with that person, or both… it’s not helping anything. Things won’t always go your way. People won’t always act the way you expect or want them to. Be free, do whatever you want, never let a person consume who you are,” Chat got up and watched Chloé’s face drop, then added, “Don’t worry, you’ll find someone new,” then turned and gestured to Ladybug to leave with him. Ladybug nodded, with a baffled look on her face, and they began to walk away together.


Chat looked down at his feet, thinking about what he’d just said. Not knowing if he had said it for Chloé, or himself.

Ladybug watched her feet swing back and forth over the edge of the wall on her roof. Chat was leaning back on his palms, looking to the stars, but not seeing.

 

“Sorry I decided not to go out somewhere, I just thought sitting here with you would be better,” Ladybug murmured, staring at Chat’s silhouetted profile.ybug murmured, staring at Chat’s silhouetted profile.

 

Chat’s glowing green eyes shifted towards Ladybug, “It’s because of what I said just now isn’t it? You really shouldn’t worry about it…”

 

“I can’t just ignore it!” Ladybug insisted.

 

“Maybe I’ll tell you some other time,” Chat turned around and slid off of the wall. Ladybug followed him as he laid down on the roof.

 

She sat down and pointed behind him, “You know, there’s a much more comfortable beach chair back there,”

 

He smirked, “It’s okay…”, then frowned, “I’m used to being supported by something hard and cold,”

 

“See, you can’t just say something like that and expect me to not care,”

 

Chat sighed and sat up, “Fine, I guess I’ve already said too much to stop now,”

 

Chat rubbed the back of his neck nervously. He’d never really spoken to anyone about his dad. Sure, some knew he was strict, but most parents are strict. Most parents also have a relationship with their children, something Adrien and his father lacked. They used to be a happy family, Adrien was the beloved son of his parents, but things changed dramatically. Now, Adrien felt, he was nothing more than offspring, a descendant. Maybe even less than that, a pawn, a paraded trophy, a trapped possession. It was best to tell someone, and who better to tell than his beautiful Lady?

 

“You might know, my dad isn't the most … emotional person in the world,” chat started, gesturing vaguely on the word emotional .

 

Ladybug nodded, “Yeah, he never seemed likely to go out and have fun. Nino’s determination to give you that fun is what caused that questionable birthday party last year. But I've spoken to him, he's really proud of you,”

 

Chat looked down briefly, “yeah, well… pride isn't the same as love, you know?”, he paused for a moment, “I don't think my dad understands or remembers how to love anymore. He's got different priorities now,”

 

Ladybug tilted her head, “Why? What are his new priorities?”

 

Chat’s head dropped suddenly, his fingers locked around each other. He swallowed hard. Ladybug heard a faint attempt to speak. A small, tight voice.

 

Ladybug laid her hand on Chat’s arm, “Chat?”

 

He jumped a little, then looked up at Ladybug, “Sorry-” his voice cut for a moment, his throat was clenched like a fist. His eyes were watery, but he looked away to let the wind blow them out of Ladybug’s sight.

 

Chat inhaled shakily, “My mom…”, Chat looked Ladybug dead in the eye, “I really love her. She always seemed to be glowing. She was colorful, graceful, elegant, kind, patient… but one day, she just disappeared. My dad hasn’t been the same ever since, he seems more like my boss than my dad,”

 

Suddenly Ladybug felt a wave of guilt for having two loving parents. It wasn't something she was supposed to or expected to feel guilty for, but she didn't know how else to feel. Especially with all the complaints she's given about her life. Now, it seemed luxurious, and that was in comparison to a rich family, go figure.

 

Ladybug blinked away sympathetic tears, “I’m so sorry,”

 

Chat shifted his body to face Ladybug, “Nah, that’s life…”

 

That’s what he said, but he thought differently. He was always wondering what he did to deserve everything that happened as he grew up. Regardless of whether or not his father had “changed” that didn’t mean he was the most kind and loving father in the world at any given point. Adrien’s mental support, understanding of love, perspective of life, his everything , was his mother. When she disappeared, she didn’t take anything. All of her valuables stayed behind. Why couldn’t she have taken him with her? Adrien knew he would have gladly left behind his modeling career and life as he knew it to be with his mother. Instead, it was “life as he knew it” that left him.

 

Adrien’s inner self had started to fade away. The battle with his father’s strictness and cold-heartedness had become a battle with himself. His father was all he had left, he cared about his father, he had to do whatever his father wanted him to do. It meant everything to please him, to make him happy. Then, maybe he would be proud of him for being his son, not for being the face on his next magazine issue. Maybe he was just overprotective now, maybe he wanted to see a son that was talented in the ways he wanted to be. Fluent in Chinese, skilled in fencing… those must be the reasons his father was that way. In no way could he possibly be meaning to suppress Adrien’s identity. He’s cold, but he isn’t evil .

 

Adrien was starting to feel as though he wasn’t just modeling his father’s clothes. He was modeling his reputation, elegant and reserved on the outside, with the unknown darkness and chaos on the inside. Another motivator to keep himself in check, stay “behaved”, another reason to hide himself. He wasn’t lying about his personality, everything he said and did was pure and kind, but he wasn’t telling the truth either, he wanted to have fun and let go sometimes. It would feel great if he could laugh loudly, yell and run around, and act rambunctiously just for a little bit. He just wanted to do what he wanted. Something he couldn’t do under his father’s watch. He had to pose as the son his father craved. Was he a man or a mannequin? Well… neither, he was 16, so technically he wasn’t a man yet.

 

Slowly, he became rebellious. It started with breaking away from homeschooling, which, his father eventually tolerated. But that wasn’t enough. Adrien was stuck, he wanted to keep pulling away, but he couldn’t even get his father to accept his new friendships at school, much less his true self. He was both reflecting his father’s robotic template, and hiding behind a smile. To make things worse, his only friend as he started school was being slashed by everyone as a real b****, and he had already made a bad impression on someone. He wanted to be liked by everyone. If he couldn’t be liked as the perfect son of a famous designer, he would never be liked if he was himself. Once again, all the odds were against him, and he couldn’t be comfortable in his own, flawless skin.

 

Everything changed with the slipping-on of a ring.  In a flash, he could be someone entirely new. Mysterious, fresh, nameless. He was free. Now he could be himself without a worry of opinions, he could be responsible and kind when he wanted to, or energetic and sarcastic. He could forget about purr fect paw sture for a moment, and even crack a few jokes. Slouch, be clumsy, but taking advantage of a few fencing skills every now and then. All because of the ring. An accessory he wore that wasn’t under his father’s control. A fashionable item that was stylish but still reflected him. The ring that led him to Ladybug. She reminded him of someone. She was always ready, outgoing, so… miraculous . He felt as though everything was ok again when he was around her. As Chat Noir, he was happiest. He was free, and he was in love. She brought happiness back into his life.

 

The second to last claw on Chat’s ring blinked away. Ladybug had one more spot on her earring. They didn’t care. They hardly noticed.

 

Chat looked up at the starry sky, his voice still shaky, “I’m never 100% myself at school. It’s because of my dad. I can’t really afford to get out of line or I’ll upset my dad. I could be taken out of school and who knows what else. It felt horrible. Earlier, I was kinda saying, that maybe I should just forget about pleasing my dad all the time, and do what I want. But that’s easier said than done… I just- I dunno…”, he sighed and his breath quivered. He fell silent and frowned. His doleful expression pierced Ladybug’s heart. 

 

Ladybug smiled gently, stroking Chat’s head, whose glistening eyes gazed longingly at her. She slid her hand down to Chat’s cheek. His head leaned into her hand like a cat rubbing its face into the palm of an outstretched hand , “I didn’t know you were going through so much,” Ladybug whispered, “It’s just that you did a really good job at pretending to be happy all the time, but-”

 

Chat interrupted, “I wasn’t always pretending. When I met you, just spending a day with you, just having the opportunity to fall in love with you, it made me happy. You got me through each day with a smile on my face,”

 

Chat’s ring blinked, so did Ladybug’s earring. A flash of green and pink. Adrien and Marinette sat staring at each other. They listened to the traffic pass by. They leaned in and their mouths brushed, and steadily they pressed together. Adrien accidently let a tear slip away. He hoped Marinette wouldn’t notice. She did notice, as the tear fell onto her cheek and slid off her chin.

 

They pulled away from each other.

 

Marinette held her hand against her chest, “Go for it,”

 

Adrien looked up at Marinette, “Huh?”

 

“You said you wanted to be yourself, what’s there to be hesitant about? I love you the way you are, everyone else will too,” Marinette held Adrien’s hand.

 

Adrien sniffled and looked down awkwardly, Marinette laughed, “Do you need a glass of water?”

 

Adrien didn’t say anything for a moment, then peered at Marinette sheepishly, “... And a cookie?”

 

Marinette grinned and nodded. The two of them slipped into the opening above Marinette’s bedroom.

 

Tikki and Plagg, who had stayed behind, glanced at each other.

 

Tikki laughed, “Seems they’ve forgotten about us for a little bit,”

 

Plagg snarled, “Jerks,”

 

Then they smiled and flew into the room.



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 5 comments.


gagethegod said...
on Sep. 21 2022 at 9:35 am
gagethegod, Rindge, New Hampshire
0 articles 0 photos 2 comments
Why are teenagers writing fan fics on a kids show?

loveoncoffee said...
on Apr. 26 2019 at 10:37 am
loveoncoffee, Atwater, California
0 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
There is no living without surviving."

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
YYYEEESSSHHHHHHH

Lovedog2k16 said...
on Mar. 12 2019 at 11:18 am
Lovedog2k16, Hailfax, Nova Scotia
0 articles 1 photo 2 comments

Favorite Quote:
Yo

so amazing please make more i really love it😻😻😻😻😻😻😻😻😻😻 it really purrrrr fect yep choles

Lovedog2k16 said...
on Mar. 12 2019 at 11:11 am
Lovedog2k16, Hailfax, Nova Scotia
0 articles 1 photo 2 comments

Favorite Quote:
Yo

so amazing please make more i really love it😻😻😻😻😻😻😻😻😻😻 it really purrrrr fect

on Nov. 20 2018 at 10:47 am
Jolee-Nicole14, Omaha, Nebraska
0 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
"there is a weaboo in everyone"

this is so good i wish you can make more chapters of it i really want to see the look on chloes face when she finds out that adrian and marinate are dating now