Great Gatsby Fanfiction | Teen Ink

Great Gatsby Fanfiction

November 30, 2018
By Anonymous

Author's note:

I did not like the way great gatsby had originally ended so I changed it.

The gloominess of the valley of ashes made me look forward to going into town. On our way, I see Tom's face frown as he sees Gatsby's car in the rearview mirror. I hear Gatsby's car nearing to the left of us. Daisyś cheeks flush as she looks at the trees to distract herself from what is coming. Gatsby smiles and motions Tom to follow him. We follow him to town and he pulls up on the street next to Hotel ¨Plaza¨. Tom glares and reluctantly parks.

Everyone lays on the coaches of the hotel room. Daisy goes to the kitchen and starts to make snacks for everyone.  Tom tries to help her, Gatsby interferes.

¨Leave her alone, Tom. You’re the one that wanted to come to town. Why don't you just relax,¨ Gatsby smiles.

I know that Gatsby did not mean to offend Tom, but Tom did not like what he heard.

¨What do you even do for a living?¨ Tom exclaims.

¨I-¨ Gatsby tries to say something, but Tom interrupts.

¨Did you even go to Oxford?¨ Tom interrupts.

¨I only stayed for 5 months,¨ Gatsby says nervously.

Tom laughs.

¨Do you have a problem with me?¨ Gatsby cries.

¨I just want to ask you questions,¨ Gatsby says confidently.

Daisy rose, and tries to hand a drink to Tom, but Tom refuses.

¨Just take it!¨ Daisy yells.

Daisy was nervously trying to lighten the mood.

¨Wait a minute,¨ snaps Tom, ¨I´m going to ask Gatsby one more question¨

¨Go on,¨ Gatsby said politely.

¨What are you trying to cause in my family?¨ Tom roughly says.

Gatsby just smiled.

¨He isn't trying to cause anything,¨ exclaims Daisy, nervously.

¨Have self control, Tom,¨ Gatsby risks.

Everyone gasps. Jordan and I look at each other, nervously.

¨What did you just say to me?¨ Tom yells.

¨Daisy never loved you,¨ Gatsby says riskingly.

Tom gets up almost about to punch Gatsby, but Daisy gets in front of him and sits him down.

¨Letś all go home,¨ says Daisy.

¨You´re coming with me then, Daisy,¨ yells Tom.

He roughly grabs Daisy, and they quickly run out the door of our room. We hear Daisys´ cries. Gatsby runs to the window to watch Tom and Daisy in Toms car driving away. Gatsby sighs and continues to stare out the window. Jordan and I all sit on a couch in silence when finally Gatsby tells us that he wants to go home.

When we reach the valley of ashes near Wilsonś garage, there were police officers everywhere. Gatsby, flustered, drives around all of the commotion.

Jordan stays the night with me, and Gatsby goes home feeling as if he had just lost the love of his life. Jordan talks about Daisy and how she is worried for her. We end up staying up almost all night talking about the situation

Jordan and I wake up the next morning to a knock on the door. The clock says ¨12:00 pm¨. The knocking continues, so I reluctantly roll out of bed. I open the door to see Daisy.

¨Nick! Please listen to me, Tom is dead!¨ Daisy yells.  

Jordan comes out of my bedroom and runs to Daisy. Tears run down Daisyś face as she hugs Jordan back.

¨Daisy calm down, letś talk about this!¨ Jordan cries

Daisy then tries to explain to us what had happened the night before. She goes on to tell us that Tom was very drunk and angry, and he sped the car the whole way home. She tried to explain to us that they hit a lady with red hair, but it seemed like he did not care what was in front him. Daisy says that she called the police, and I look out the window to see police crowding around the buchanans house.

¨There was a very strange man that came up to us during our lunch, and just shot Tom, and then shot himself!¨ Daisy exclaims.

My eyes widened. I knew exactly who it was. Myrtle's husband, Wilson. He would do anything for his wife. Even if it meant killing someone.

¨Wilson!¨ I accidentally blurted.

Jordan and Daisy just stared at me. I knew I had to tell Daisy the truth and who she was being cheated on with.

¨Daisy, Tom hit Myrtle, his mistress and Wilson was her husband,¨ I sighed.

Daisys jaw dropped. Just as all of this was mentioned, someone else knocks on my door. Jordan opens it up to see Gatsby and he demands to see Daisy.

¨Why are their police around Tom and Daisyś house!? I tried to find Daisy there, but there was so much commotion,¨ Gatsby yells at Jordan.

Knowing that Daisy is in shock, She walks outside with Gatsby, and they talk about it.

 


After two years, I am now remembering what had that rest of the day, and so on. When Gatsby came to my house that afternoon, Daisy passed out on the couch from shock and later left town without letting anyone know. Gatsby being the great man he is, held a small funeral for Tom. We all knew Gatsby despised Tom, but Gatsby was selfless and he put himself in front of others. Daisy showed up at the funeral and Gatsby was so happy to see her. After the funeral they talked about all the things that they hated about Tom, and sort of bonded over it. ¨He cheated on me ever since we got married¨ and ¨I did everything for him¨ were the types of things she was saying. Gatsby loved that her true feelings were coming out and felt as if things were back to the way they used to be. Gatsby was a good man and he deserved the world. Daisy did not deserve how great of a man she was getting, and she knew that.

In a dark and twisted way, Gatsby has proved to us that you can get what you want when you put your mind to it. He has gotten everything he wants, and deserves. Now when I look across the water the find the green light, it is no longer there. That is because Gatsby has already captured it.



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 0 comments.