Fractured Fairytale – Alice In Wonderland | Teen Ink

Fractured Fairytale – Alice In Wonderland

By _brennon, Roseburg, Oregon
_brennon, Roseburg, Oregon

I am from Roseburg Highschool in Roseburg, Oregon. I am sixteen years old and like writing storys. 

This is a very violent story. Be prepared.

Long ago lived a girl named Alice. She was spoiled and acted like a brat. She would complain about a lot of things that didn’t go her way. If something happened that she didn’t like, she would throw a fit. Today was the same attitude from Alice. “Alice please just listen to me. You act like you’re a three year old. Act like the sixteen year old you are.” Her mother was sitting down in a chair talking to Alice, who stood by the front door waiting to leave. “Alice the world doesn’t revolve around you and your problems.”

Alice simply rolled her eyes and went out the front door. She stormed over to the garden and began drawing. As she was drawing a bird in a tree, a white rabbit caught her eye. The rabbit was dressed in a suit and running towards the huge oak tree that was in the center of Alice’s massive yard. As soon as the rabbit got to the tree, it jumped down a hole and disappeared. Alice was curious and walked over to the oak tree. She got to the hole and looked in. Suddenly, she was pushed into the hole. She screamed as she fell into a giant cavern. Wind screamed in her ears as the ground got closer and closer. As soon as she touched the ground, the fall was only very minor. She felt like she only fell from a short stool.

She got up and brushed herself off. She looked around the room she fell into. There was a single door with a note saying “EXIT.” Thats the only way out, she thought. She looked up and only saw a stone ceiling with strange symbols on it. The symbols were suddenly all over the walls. This startled her. I am trapped down here, Alice was very frightened that she might not make it home. She walked around the room until she found a steel axe. This will do the trick, she thought as she walked over to the door. She raised the axe over her head and brought the axe down onto the door. It made a huge thud. She hit it three more times, completely breaking the door down. She walked through the splintered door into a white garden with a white castle in the background.

She continued walking until she heard talking. She carefully walked to the talking until she saw the white rabbit talking to a very large group of people. Slowly, she walked over to the rabbit and said, “Hello? I don’t know where I am.” The rabbit turned around, smiled, and said, ” Hello dear Alice. You are in Wonderland. You picked a bad time to come down here. You see, we are in the middle of a war. The Red Queen is talking out negotiations with our queen, the White Queen.” Startled, Alice brought the axe closer to herself, “How do you know my name Mr. Rabbit? Why is there a war going on?” The rabbit shook his head and turned to the men, “Everyone go to the front court yard. If the Red Queens army shows up, fight!” The giant crowd of people roared with excitement and ran to where the rabbit said. “Alice you are the chosen one. The war started because of the Red Queen wanting our White Queens territory to the west. They are in the White Queens throne room talking about this war.” Before Alice could speak, a loud explosion ripped through the west side of the castle. The boom echoed through the garden. “WE MUST GET TO THE CASTLE. RUN!” They both took off running towards the castle.

They got to the court yard and saw the red army fighting the white army. As Alice and the rabbit ran through the court yard, another loud explosion came from the castle. This time knocking down the eastern tower. It collapsed into rubble, crushing many men. Alice and the rabbit ran through the chaotic castle and into the throne room. They were too late. The Red Queen had the White Queen on her knees. A large man with an axe stood over the White Queen. The Red Queen laughed as Alice and the Rabbit were caught by some of the red army. The Red Queen then said, “OFF WITH HER HEAD!” Alice and the rabbit watched as the axe tore through the White Queen’s neck. Her red blood flowed onto the white marble floor. The Red Queen then kicked the bloody head to Alice’s feet. “YOU’RE NEXT ALICE!” The axe man came over with his axe over his head. He then drove it down. Alice shifted and the axe came down into the face of one of the red soldiers. Alice grabbed her axe and swung it into the neck of the axe man. Blood poured from the man’s throat as he made gurgling sounds. He fell with a big thud. Alice then ripped herself away from the red soldiers. The man holding the rabbit pulled out a dagger and put it to the rabbits throat. Enraged with red furry, Alice threw her axe into the mans face. It connected and he dropped the rabbit. It was now her and the Red Queen.

Anger fills Alice’s mind and she walked towards the Red Queen smiling. Alice’s face and dress is splattered with blood. “ALICE YOU DON’T WANT TO DO THIS.” Alice continues to walk towards the Queen with the bloody axe dragging beside her. The Queen suddenly backs up into a corner. “You’re trapped. Prepare to die your highness!” Alice then swings the axe, cutting the Red Queen’s hands off. The Red Queen’s screams fill the throne room. Blood squirts from the stumps of where her hands used to be. Alice bashes the face of the Red Queen with the back of the axe. She continues to bash the face of the Queen until the axe head breaks. The Red Queen slumps in the corner, crying from the agonizing pain. Alice walked back to the beheader man and takes his huge axe. She skips over to the Queen and swings the axe into the side of her. She screams again as Alice tears the axe out of her battered body. Then Alice smiles and take the Red Queens face into her hands, “Off with your head.” Alice knees the Queen in the face, dislodging the remaining teeth from the Queen’s face. Alice raises the axe over her head and chops the head off the Queen. Her blood slowly leaks from her neck. Alice plants the axe into the body of the Queen and leaves it there. She grabs the Red Queen’s head and walks out of the throne room. She walks through the hall and onto a balcony. “EVERYONE. THE RED QUEEN IS DEAD!” She hold the Queens head high as everyone stops fighting and sees Alice. Alice then throws the Red Queen’s head into the courtyard and walks back inside the destroyed castle.

After all the Red Queen’s army is killed, Alice takes over the White castle. The Red Queen’s body is burned and her head sits above the throne. It’s a symbol of victory and fear.

Alice then suddenly wakes up back in the garden. She looks around and thinks to herself, “I must have fallen asleep. I better go find Mom.”  She has no memory of what happened. Wonderland lived murderishly ever after.