Story of us Book One: Cold | Teen Ink

Story of us Book One: Cold

By hannahschuck, Christiansted, Other
hannahschuck, Christiansted, Other

"I talk to myself when I want an intellegent converstion with someone."

Author's note: I came up with the idea while day dreaming and reading a story about Angels. And all the sudden the story line came togeather. I really hope to get this book published and be on New York Time book list

Maria

I walked slowly on the path through the woods. I really shouldn’t be sneaking out and walking in the forest in the middle of the night. But I just couldn’t sleep. I didn’t want to.
I felt sick with wonder if I was losing my mind. I keep having these dreams and visions where I’m in Heaven I guess and God himself is talking to me. He tells me I have to prepare. I have to listen and observe things around me. But specific things. People.
But just not any people. The Gods of Eleanora, Emma, Justin, Zack, Amber, and Kevin. And Oh God Kevin. He tells me to watch them closely, for reasons he won’t tell me.
And sometimes I think God is talking to me. He gives me strange words with meanings behind them. He tells me I’m changing or whatever. But the scary thing is, I am changing. I can read minds easily now, even control them. I have this ability where I can figure out anything. He tells me it’s completely normal.
And yes, I am losing my mind. I kicked a stone, frustrated at myself. I have to see a doctor.
I looked up at the stars, and they seem to be reminding me that I am not losing my mind. They seem to be urging me to keep going. But how could this be possible?
Because it isn’t possible. It can’t be possible. It is impossible.
But then the image of Kevin’s beautiful face appeared in my head, and that seemed to make up my mind. I’m not dreaming, this is real.
But how could it be real?
I am driving myself crazy trying to decide what is real and what isn’t real. Maybe I should start off with the basics. Kevin, Emma, Justin, Zack, and Caroline are real, and they are mysteriously powerful. They compel everyone with their extraordinary powers, and seem to control their environment. So I know for a fact that there is something different about them, something not normal.
I can read minds. Just the other day I read Jewel’s mind and knew she broke my picture of me and my dad before she confessed. So that’s real. Crazy, but real.
I reached the end of the path, and I began to get creped out by the forest. So I ran the rest of the way to my house. I climbed up the tree that led me to my room. I will be safe in bed in no time. I looked at my watch, and it was 1:00. I’m not going to want to wake up for school tomorrow.

Emma

It started a long time ago. I remember it like it was yesterday. I was born on March 21’st, 1903, in Great Britain. You might be wondering how it’s even remotely possible for me to be alive this long, and I don’t blame you for not believing me. But it’s all very real. The first time we talked, well I thought I was losing my mind. It was on my fourteenth birthday I first heard Justin’s voice in my head. He lived in Germany at the time, so we were apart, and it was very hard for me to believe that he was real. We talked to each other through mind for a year; he was fifteen at the time and I was fourteen. I was going through a lot of troubles. My parents divorcing, and me practically having to raise my siblings. I thought I wasn’t going to make it through. During that first year, I learned what I was and what was to come in the future. I was given special gifts by the All Mighty, and will help him carry out missions on earth, to prepare for the final war. I was given an Angel, and not just any angel. Arch Angel Michael is my protector, my mentor, and simply there to help me in need. He gave me my cross necklace, which when I pull it turns into my sword, Sweet Misery. You might be wondering why it’s named so, I think it’s because it brings a slow, sweet death. We fight demons, and followers (people gifted like us who worship the devil) and basically carry out Angel work on earth. That was why we were made, because the Angels weren’t allowed to touch the ground of earth, and the demons were somehow able to. So we were born. One day, there will be a final war, where all of the gifted ones and the Angels band together to battle against Satan’s army.
But I was feeling alone, during the time me and Justin were only talking through mind, and a thousand miles away. I asked for someone that I can actually see, and touch and talk to in real life. And that’s when I met Kevin. He was the brother to one of my very good friends Zack, who I went to school with in 7th grade. We became very close, and we would send each other letters, trying to keep each other sane. He kept me from losing my mind.
My fifteenth birthday came, but Justin never came. You see, he promised me that that was the day we would finally meet each other, so you can imagine how stupid I felt when he didn’t come. I felt like I was totally out of my mind, and lost all faith in everything. Something made Justin change his mind, and he never came. Three months passed, and I tried moving on. It was easy for me to get men, for I was very beautiful. But it never felt right. Just as my hope disappeared, he came. He lit of my life, and we’d been together ever since. He didn’t tell me fully of what made him stay behind, but 93 years we lived happily together, and I swear, it never gets old. The world around me changes every second, but we stay strong and happy.

I opened my eyes, and smiled. I looked up at the rising sun over the horizon and closed my eyes
“Thank you, Thank you for all that you’ve blessed me with.” I thought. I got out of bed to close the open windows. I looked down at the waking city and smiled brighter.
“My dear child, you are welcome.” The powerful voice of The All Mighty spoke to me in my mind. I smiled bigger, and walked back to place myself in his arms. Usually I’d kiss him to wake him up, but lately when I kissed him something was…. Off….
Today is March 21st, my 17th birthday, but technically it would be my 108th birthday.
“I’m old…..!” I said out loud, making my voice whiny that demanded for attention and comfort. Really thinking about how long I’ve been alive brought back how old I really am.
He snored, indicating that I was being stupid and that he didn’t care. I stared at his sleeping face, which looks so much like an innocent child. He should be tired as hell; he was out late last night doing only God knows. Most likely walking. He does that when he has a lot on his mind.
“Justin!” I yelled. He groaned.
“Babe, for just once-“
“What is today?” I asked, leaning back and crossing my arms.
“Umm…. Obviously Tuesday.” He said, turning to the side and yawned. There was distant look in his eyes, almost cold…. But it faded. But it hit my core. I felt a twinge of nervousness. His eyes closed a little bit, and his head hit the pillow.
“Ok, go back to said.” I calmly said, he’ll get what he’s asking for.
He went unconscious again, and an evil smile grew on my face.
“Fine.” I got out of bed, and ran over to the sink to fill up the cup that I keep my hair clips in with water.
He snored again, almost trying to provoke me.
I walked over to the bed and climbed on top of him, but before I could poor the water on him, his hand shot up and grabbed the cup, and knocked it to the floor. I started trying to punch him, and got him good in the mouth, but he then flipped over and pined me to the bed.
“What are you doing?” He asked, smirking. Obviously I didn’t hurt him at all, which of course hurt my ego.
“I’m trying to wake you up.” I glared a him
“Well congratulations, you have succeeded.” He smiled leaning closer. His moves were very hesitant and almost like he was forcing himself to do it. He played it off like he was tired, but I noticed it.
“Nope! No loving! You didn’t brush your teeth! EW!” He got closer. I gave him a warning glare. There was something different about him. I was being very accusing, but there was something in his eyes….
“Em, what is with you today?” He asked, confused. “You always want my loving, even if I didn’t brush my teeth.” He grinned.
“Well… You destroyed the moment.” I came up with a poor excuse, and didn’t want him knowing why I didn’t want him kissing me.
“Um. How?!” He began to get frustrated. The cold in his eyes faded. I relaxed, and remembered why I was being such a pain in the first place.
“Justin. What. Is. Today?” I asked slowly
“Um…. Tuesday… The 21st of March. Your royal highness birthday. Did you think I forgot the most important day of the year?” He smirked
I searched his playful eyes, but there was no trace of that, that coldness. I shivered, and he gazed down confused.
““Well you were sure as hell acting like it…..” I said absent mindedly as I traced his lips with the tips of my fingers. He smiled, knowing that I was giving in.
“Well excuses me, I was tired cause someone kept me up all night!” He pulled a lock of my hair
I tried getting off the bed, but he rolled over on top of me, trapping me on the bed. All the tension disappeared and I forgot about the whole cold thing.
“We have school.” I said matter of factly.
“Does it look like a care?” He raised an eyebrow his eyes were dangerously flirtatious
“Nope, but that’s too bad.” I threw him off of me and ran into the bathroom and locked the door. I heard a thud on the door, indicating that he ran after me. I laughed in victory, and he snorted. I heard footsteps, but I knew it wasn’t over
“Get ready for school!” I yelled. He laughed and I began to take a shower.

I smiled to myself. The love we share always stays strong. But now I fear that there is something there. Something in the middle of us. Something I couldn’t put my finger on.
“It won’t be long until your strength is needed.” The voice whispered in my mind. That confused me. I’m used to being lectured about how one day me and him will take a stand in the final war and we are the key to winning and blah blah blah….. But never before has he spoken about just me……
“Michael, what do you mean?” I sent.
“My dear child, something is coming up in the future. You must prepare yourself.” He spoke with urgent meaning
“I don’t understand, what about Jus-“
“No time for that my dear, you must talk to Justin about what the future holds for the both of you.”
“Michael your not making any sense!” Just then Justin knocked on the door.
“Babe hurry up! Its 7!”
“Whatever!”
I went back inside my mind, but Michael was gone.
I couldn’t think of any reason why he would want me to ask Justin what our future holds. It doesn’t make any sense….
I stepped out of the shower slowly and wrapped myself in a towel. Then I towel dried my hair. What does he mean….
“Babe, I gotta get in the bathroom.” He knocked.
“K I’m coming.” I opened the door to see him standing in a white polo and jeans.
“My god, you are so sexy.” I said slowly, a smile creeping on my face
“And so are you my lady.” His eyes rested on my body.
“Just do whatever you gotta do in the dang bathroom and stop looking at me like that.” I winked and kissed him deeply on the neck.
“Your making that….” He took a deep breath. “ Quite difficult love.” His hand pressed to my back, pressing me closer.
“Am I?” I smiled, glad I was turning him on “Cause, I um, gotta tell you something.” I looked at him
“And that might be?” His voice was low and sexy
“That you are a loser and I need to get dressed.” I laughed as his eyes dropped and his expression changed from flirtatious to kind of pissed.
“Babe, I hate it when you do that!”
“Oh well!” I pulled away and walked to my closet.
“Emma, you really suck.”
“Dude get over it.” I looked into his eyes, which he was trying to make big and sad.
“Doesn’t have any effect on me.” I reached for my new summer dress and threw it on. It has a built in bra so I don’t have to worry about that. Then I pulled on my underwear and decided I wasn’t going to wear makeup or jewelry today.
“You look so sexy baby.” His eyes lingered on my chest.
“Why thank you.” I was kind of flattered. He started walking slowly and intimidating toward me.
“Whoa big boy, stop right there.” I held my hand up, warning him.
“Do you think I’m gonna stop?” He asked, his smile growing bigger. I grimaced
“You really should.” I said, but temptation started affecting me.
“I really shouldn’t.” He wrapped his hands around my waist and began kissing me deeply. But then again, I felt that coldness. It was locked up in his secret chest, way to far away for me to open. But it was there. It made me a little bit more cautious, and I stopped the kiss.
“Justin I’m serious! We are gonna be late!” I tried pushing him off but he was really making it difficult.
“Oh well.” He locked me in his arms. There was no running from it now. He pushed us on the bed. No going back now. My heart rate quickened.
“Justin really, not right now.” He kissed my throat deeply, making it really hard to speak.
He took a deep breath, and stopped. “Ok. But tonight.” He winked and got up, and pulled me up with him. I smiled.
“You know, you are such a lover boy.” I said, running my hand through his soft brown hair. He grinned.
“I know.” His big brown eyes crinkled up when he smiled, and he had little dimples. He has really nice golden skin, a beautiful muscular body (eight pack!) and he stood 6 feet tall, two inches taller than me. He had the swagger of a gangster but a heart of a gentleman, and I love him. I love him so much I don’t think I could ever let go. Which scared me sometimes.
Because what if I have to?
“Well, if your done observing, we should go.” He raised his eyebrows and his smile became cocky. I rolled my eyes.
“I wasn’t observing.” I said, sticking my nose up.
“Oh sorry. Admiring is the correct term.” He held the door open for me and I stepped out.
“Sure.” I smiled and walked down the stairs. He followed, wrapping his arm around my waist.
“I knew it.” He ran a hand through his hair.
“Oh whatever Mr. Cocky.” I said.
“I am so not cocky!” He laughed and shook his head
“Umm… Ok…” I laughed when his face fell. We came to the front door of our pent house, and he opened the door again for me.
“Why thank you sir.” I said as I stepped through.
“You’re welcome my lady.” He closed and locked the door. We then walked to the elevator and I pressed one.
“Emma….” He stared into my eyes, the coldness returning. His eyes were huge with fear, pleading for me.
“What is it?” I asked, running my fingers through his hair. He closed his eyes and took a long breath.
“Just…. Just please don’t let anything happen to us.” He said and gripped my hand.
“I don’t think anything could happen.” I half smiled and wrapped my arms around him. He held me tight to him, like he was afraid that he was about to lose me.
“Just promise.” His voice was pained. That worried me.
“I promise Justin. Nothing will ever com between us.” I said, desperate to help him. His body shook a little, but he relaxed, and his arms became softer. He breathed my scent in deeply, and I shivered. What was going on? I was becoming scared, really scared. But I didn’t want him to know it.
“Thanks Em.” He brushed his hand through my hair.
“No problem.” He laughed at my normal reply, and kissed my head. The elevator doors opened, and we stepped into the front lobby of Weston Place, the oldest apartment building in the city. We walked to the parking lot hand and hand, and went to the black mustang. Kevin has one just like it. He opened the passenger door and I stepped in.
I turned on the radio, and played soft classical. It soothed me in the morning. He started the car and drove fast throughout the city and to our school. The drive was quiet and peaceful. I almost fell asleep. But we reached the school, and I stepped unwillingly out of the car.
“Justin, do you have my purse?!” Panic raced through my body. It has everything in it!
“Right here princess.” He raised the bag up to me and smirked.
I walked over and took the bag from him and held his hand. He bent down and kissed me.
“Happy birthday Emma.”

Maria

I finished my journal entry, and stared out my window. I let out a long sigh, my breath fogging up the glass. I must be losing my mind. I kept having these crazy nightmares, and it always have to do with me burning in hell, the devil holding a dagger behind my back, or me being draped in hells chains when I finally fell asleep last night . But all of these nightmares end with an angel coming in and saving me.
But the bad thing is, it isn’t the first time that I’ve had these nightmares. When I turned five, I have had the same night mares. I was always a strange child, always writing about Angels saving the world, and me saving those from hell. Me fighting side by side with angels. I have tons of notebooks full of those stories, every morning after a crazy dream I recorded them in my dream journals. Some of them are really good, but I won’t be trying to make millions off of them.
Suddenly, my alarm went off. I jumped up and grabbed my jacket and backpack and ran out to catch the bus. Lately I’ve been so tired that I’ve missed the bus a couple of times. So I had to keep an alarm. I hopped up on the bus in sat in the front seat and sighed. Another day.
I go to Eleanora, a school that’s been around for centuries. It’s right in the middle of the forest, but it’s the most beautiful school I’ve ever been to. To get to it, you go on a 8 mile winding road through the forest, where then the bus drops you off at the watch tower, and you walk for a half a mile to the school. On the walk, you go through a maze of beautiful gardens. Each garden is for an Angel, or someone that is important in the Bible. The gardens are beautiful and open to anyone who is looking for a place to be at peace. The school itself rests in the middle of the maze, and is four stories high. It looks like an old castle, but inside it is very modern. There are 7 elevators in all, and in each class room there are flat screens and has the top electronics for learning. It’s very exclusive, and only some people get accepted. I’m surprised I got accepted. Actually, it was very strange when I got the letter of acceptation. I didn’t even try out for it, let alone hear of it. But I did, and I go there for free.
We arrived at school, and I walked up the stairs like usual to the second floor. I walked to my locker and leaned over, a little breathless. Lately it was getting harder and harder climbing the stairs. I must be eating too much sweets. Jewels came and stood next to me. Jewels was I guess my best friend here in this school. She was the only one that I could have a real conversation with. Everyone else makes me nervous and shy.
“I have gossip for you!” She started bouncing on her face, her smile excited.
“Ok, tell me all about the gossip.” I reached into my backpack and took out all the books I didn’t need and put them in my locker to replace them with the books I did need as Sarah babbled about some kid named Brie and her boyfriend, well now ex-boyfriend broke up. I wasn’t very interested. Sarah knows everything that happens in this huge school, which I find amazing sometimes. Other times annoying because I’m the one who has to listen to all of it.
As I was getting my things out of my locker that feeling hit me. When I knew that person was behind me.
Him….
My body tensed as the hair on my arms raised. He was coming.
I turned around to face the kings and queens of this place walk down the hallway. Emma was laughing her head off as usual about something Zack was saying to her. She had tears running down her eyes at this point. Every morning it was the same. They all strolled down the hallway without a care in the world and as if they didn’t even notice that there was about 500 other people watching them in silence as the passed by.
“And, as you may know, I am officially a beast at tennis! I finally beat Emma!” Zack said, throwing his arms in the air as if he won the French open.
“Zack, she tripped at the last point, and she let you win.” Kevin said, laughing at his little brother.
“You always put me down.” Zack shook his head. Kevin looked at him like he said something outrageously stupid.
“Zack, you put yourself down.” Kevin said with a huge grin on his face. Emma laugh at this and Zack turned around and punched Kevin. Kevin looked stunned at first, then he smiled mischievously.
“You made a mistake bro.” He was getting ready to spring when Emma grabbed his raised fist.
“No fighting on my birthday!” She said, stomping her foot. She let go of Kevin’s fist and he held it up defensively.
“Of course, we have to honor the queen’s birthday. How dare I forget?” Kevin smiled and bowed down to Emma.
“Oh my God! Kevin! Your so funny!” Emma said sarcastically and rolled her eyes.
“Well, I wasn’t trying to be.” He winked and Emma picked her pace up. He tried holding her hand to make her stay back (which made me unbelievably jealous) but she slapped her hand. His grin grew bigger.
“Nah he’s being serious. Cause we all know that we’d all get punched in the nuts if we screw with you today. Well any day really. But especially today.” Zack said sarcastically. This made Kevin laugh hysterically. Emma stopped walking and turned around slowly. Zack’s smile dropped and his hands instantly dropped to his golden spot, and Kevin backed off. They both knew what was coming. Emma doesn’t get her ‘kick ass’ reputation for nothing. Nobody messes with her.
“You both…..” Emma thought for a while, her index finger raised to them like she was about to tell them off. But she lowered it and turned her back. “You know what? What ever. Screw you.” She strutted off like she was on New York’s runway and the boys both started hollowing. She simply rolled her eyes.
“Oh come on Emma it was a joke!” Zack yelled after her, his face was slightly relieved. She flipped her hair.
“Boys.” She said it seemed like to me. I looked around me to see if there was anyone of her friends around, but nobody but Sarah was beside me, who’s eyes were wide with shock and confusion. “Why would Emma be talking to her?!” She would be thinking no doubt. But Emma seemed to ignore her awestruck complexion and smiled a perfect smile at me. I stiffened, and awkwardly smiled back.
“Do you mind if I have a word with you outside?” Her voice was like honey, beautiful and luring. I nodded, stunned that she was even speaking to me. She led me outside, and I realized that instantly Zack and Kevin became super quiet, and just stared at us. It made me really embarrassed.
She led me out to the garden of Michael. The arch angel’s statue was standing tall in the middle. She sat down on the bench underneath the massive fig tree.
“So Maria…. Tell me. Have you had any, well…..” She cleared her voice, her beautiful angelic face seemed to be searching for the right words to say. She wasn’t the only one. “Strange dreams lately?” She looked in my eyes, as if she was reading my mind. Her eyes spoke the truth. They showed strength, grace, and beauty. God she was so beautiful. Everything about her. Perfect red lips, beautiful hazel eyes, everything.
“Have you?” She rose an eyebrow. I was shocked. I couldn’t think, I couldn’t speak. How could she possibly know that I’ve been having bizarre dreams?!
“How did-“ I chocked and had to clear my voice. When I spoke my voice was weak “How did you know?” Tears were coming. After all this time I’ve felt all alone, and here she is, acting as if she knew everything.
She relaxed. I didn’t realize how tense she was before. She smiled. “Everything that’s happening to you is completely normal.” She grabbed my hand, and I finally felt like I didn’t have to go through this all alone anymore.
“You mean this happens to everyone.” I asked hopefully. If I wasn’t losing my mind and this is completely normal than I have absolutely nothing to worry about. Maybe every single teenager in the world went through this. My parents…. They probably had to keep it a secret for some reason. Maybe so that I could learn by myself for once…..
Emma looked at me and laughed like I said something crazy. My cheeks instantly got red. “No… But it happens to those like me and you. It happens to specifically chosen people.”
“Me?!” I was stunned. I swore I was going crazy.
“You are not going crazy.” She smiled. I stared at her again in shock. I was going to have to get used to her reading my mind

I walked into trig late, half expecting Mr. Trans to care, but he did. His face was furious

“Emma! I’m so tired of you coming into my class late!” He yelled at me, his face slowly turning red.
“Someone needs a tampon.” I muttered as I walked down the aisle to the back and sat down next to Kevin. The whole class bursted into laughter and Kevin shook his head with a slight smile on his face and sunk in his chair a little.
“Oh boy.” He sent.
“EMMA! YOU CAN GO-“ I eased myself into his head, sensing Kevin was doing the same. We both calmed his nerves and used mind control to calm him down. I smiled, knowing that I didn’t have to even worry about going to the office.
“Emma, please forgive me. I have over reacted. Sit down please.” He smiled, embarrassed.
“It’s ok Mr. Trans, we all have our moments.” I said in my super sweet I get whatever I want when I want it voice. My life is great.
“Times of months I mean” I sent to Kevin, and he started laughing his ass off.
“Em, why are you such a trouble maker?” Kevin sent.
“It’s fun!” I winked at him and he shook his head. Then, his eyes grew wide and he tapped on my shoulder about twenty times. I laughed, knowing why he was almost bouncing off his seat for. New girl.
“Ok, serious matters now, how did it go?” His eyes grew wide and serious. I laughed again, and looked up at the bored because all the other kids in the back stared at me, wondering why I was laughing every five seconds. They are so annoying sometimes.
“She’s just as freaked out as the rest of us were. But, there’s no sign of a bond mate. I checked all brain activity, and all there is, is her communicating with the All mighty and an unknown source. Most likely her angel which I could not determine who that might be. Out of all of us, she might be the most mysterious.”
He sat and thought for a while, the curiosity growing deeper and deeper.
“Kevin, what are you thinking?” I sent, but I already had an idea. He smiled a bit.
“She’s special.” He sent. I looked up at the ceiling, hiding my big smile. I knew he was going to say that.
“Well no kidding, I couldn’t get a single read on her besides that she’s freaking out.” I sent, thinking hard about why that would be. It’s completely unusual.
“We need to talk to Ms. Wallace.” He sent abruptly, as he began to get up. I looked up at him confused, but went along with it.
“Ok well, talk to Mr. Trans and I’ll tell Justin to meet us in the elevator. Unless you prefer him not to come….” They haven’t been getting along lately. Justin is just….. Always in his own little world and Kevin doesn’t like it. Actually none of them like it. They all try telling me that he’s changing, but I just don’t want to admit it.
Surprisingly, he agreed with me. “No no, he needs to be there. We have a lot to discuss.” I saw the stress on his face. It worried me, and I scrambled in my mind for something to relieve him.
“Dude, let’s get a cig when we get there.”
“I was thinking the same thing Em. Hell, maybe two.” I laughed and I agreed. He raised his hand, indicating it was time to move.
“Justin, meet us in the elevator in two minutes.” I sent to Justin
“K, babe are you ok?” He sent, picking up on my stress vibes. But what he didn’t know was that I was picking up on his vibes, and he wasn’t in school at the moment. Suspicion rose in me.
“Yea…. Kinda…. Just a lot…” I sent, trying to ease myself in his mind more, but he was blocking me out. I grew even more suspicious, but he just acted like nothing was wrong.
“Em, don’t let it bother you.” He sent, trying to soothe me. Almost like he knew why I was trying to break into his secret chests of secrets in his mind. Almost like he was telling me “There’s nothing to worry about.” Which meant that there was something that I should worry about, a lot. He was hiding a lot, and I had to get to the bottom of it. But I had to act normal first. I had to make him think that I didn’t know anything, so he would ease up the blocks. Maybe then I could break in.
“Emma, Kevin, you are excused. Tell Ms. Wallace I said hi” Mr. Trans said. My eyes popped out, and I smiled. Another thing I can use against Ms. Wallace.
I stood up and took Kevin’s hand, secretly needing his warmth to give me strength to walk into that elevator, where he will be waiting. I will have to act like I’m stressed, and run straight into his arms. He will be waiting for me to do that.
“Shall we?” I asked, keeping my voice casual. He didn’t seem to see anything suspicious, so that meant I was putting on a good show.
“We shall.” He smiled and winked at me, and we walked out of the class room holding hands. People must be thinking that I’m cheating on Justin. More gossip for the gossipers. I rolled my eyes.
What if Justin catches on? What if he realizes that I know? That would ruin everything. But what if that might be a good thing? What if I’m totally blowing all of this out of proportion and it really isn’t anything?
My head was beginning to spin. I didn’t know which way to go.
“Kevin, why is everything in our lives so difficult?” I asked as we left the class room.
“I have no idea.” He said and shrugged. I let go of his hand and crossed my arms.
“Someday, there will be peace for once.” I said. There has to be. Life can’t go on like this.
“Someday soon, I hope.” He crossed his arms too. We crossed the floor and the worry returned. The coldness in Justin’s eyes this morning kept coming into my mind. Michaels words kept echoing in my head. My head started spinning. The nervousness and anxiety came back and hit me in the stomach hard. Plus all the stuff he’s hiding. I didn’t want myself to admit it, but something is right. I wrapped my arms around my stomach, trying to slow my breathing and get a hold of myself. I didn’t need Kevin noticing.
“Having trouble breathing there?” Kevin asked, worry broke out across his face. When I didn’t answer, he became really worried.
“Emma, you can tell me anything.” He gripped my shoulder and stopped me. I looked down at the floor and tried not to cry. But the tears were building up fast. I started breathing really hard and fast and the core of my stomach was twisting in fear. What does Michael mean? Why does Justin have that coldness in his eyes? Why is he hiding so much from me? Why does this mean so much to me? What does it remind me of? I couldn’t find the answers inside me, and all the question had my head spinning. I leaned on Kevin to keep me from falling. I was so weak.
“Emma please.” Kevin’s voice was just a whisper. Even though I haven’t said anything, and even though he wasn’t in my head, he knew what was going on.
“Did you and Justin get into a fight?” He knew that that wasn’t the case, and he knew already what was going on. But he didn’t want to upset me even more. He wanted me to come out and tell him if I wanted to. His voice was protectfull and full of worry. I slowed my breathing, and got myself together. I shook my head and stood up straight.
“Yeah.” I lied. I don’t know why, but something’s keeping me from telling anyone. I hid it all in the depths of my heart, where not even Justin can find. Kevin nodded, his lips in a tight line. He was upset that I wasn’t telling him.
We reached the elevator, and I pressed up. It instantly opened, and I ran into Justin’s awaiting arms, avoiding Kevin’s confused stare. It was all part of my plan anyways. Get him thinking that I’m perfectly fine.
“I’m so stressed.” I said into his shoulder. I planed on playing all this out like stress. I knew that while I was in the hall way with Kevin, he was feeling my feelings, so he knew I was on edge. I had to hide it all. He had to think that I didn’t know anything at all.
“I know, I know.” He rubbed my back and kissed my fore head. His lips felt so normal, so right, and I instantly became at peace, and relaxed into his arms, letting his essence calm me. When we are like this, nothing bothers me, I forget all my worries. It’s just part of my nature. I relied on him for so long to take away my pain, and I guess I got too used to it.
“God, I love you so much.” I sent to him, wanting to hear what he would say back and how he would say it. Maybe if he was busy coming up with something to say he would let his guard down.
“As I love you.” He sounded a little bit cold when he said it, again like he was forcing it. The anxiety came back. He kissed my head again, and smoothed my hair. I looked over at Kevin who was acting like he was busy texting, but I saw straight through him. I saw the pain in his eyes, the longing for someone to love. I saw how deeply depressed he was. It killed me. I pulled away from Justin and stood in the middle of them, putting both my arms around both of them. Kevin looked at me and smiled, knowing what I was doing
“Thanks.” He sent, and the pain eased up in his eyes. But he wasn’t looking at me, he just stared at his phone.
The elevator doors opened and we all stepped out into the massive hall way. Ms. Wallace will take my mind off of everything….. I hope
“S***! Who brought the key?!” I asked, nervous.
“Don’t worry Em, I have it.” Kevin said laughing
“She hates it when you knock.” I said, shaking my head remembering what happened to Zack when he knocked on the door. She kicked him so hard in the stomach he went through the wall.
“Serves him right. He was beating on that dam thing like a drum.” Kevin said
“Kev! Stop being so mean to your brother!” I said, punching his arm
“Well he deserves it!” Kevin said laughing.
“Babe, he did kinda deserve it…” Justin said laughing too. I stared in Justin’s eyes, searching for the coldness, but it all disappeared. But it will return. I’m sure of it. But I pushed it away, and focused on being the normal me.
“You guys treat Zack so badly. No wonder why he moved out of your house Kevin! And no wonder why he doesn’t talk to you anymore Justin!” I said, getting ready to punch who ever tries to make up the next excuse. But maybe there was another bigger reason Zack didn’t talk to Justin anymore….. He knew something…. Something I didn’t. Something I’ve been trying to figure out for months now.
“Emma, ok, we are sorry.” Justin said, looking at Kevin hinting him to do the same.
“Yes, Emma we are wrong. I should treat my brother better.” He said
“You sound so convincing.” I said, but the anger melted away.
“You know your just finding things to get mad at cause you are stressed babe.” Justin sent me. I then started laughing my ass off.
“Is she like bipolar now?” Kevin said laughing too.
“Nah.” Justin said, putting his arm around me. At that point we reached the door so I stopped laughing.
“S***, here we go.” I sent to Justin. I can see it already. Kevin opened the door and we all stepped in quietly.
“Well, its so nice to see you all. I got the telegram that you were coming. From Emma of course. From her loud hollowing monkey mouth.” Ms. Wallace sat on her Egyptian couch, ankles crossed and tea cup resting on the table. Typical.
“So sorry that I disturbed your precious peace Josephine.” I said sweetly.
“Oh boy…” Kevin sent.
“Disturbed my peace? Hell, you disturbed the whole top floor’s peace. I’m sure the angels and heaven heard you!” She stood up, clicking her tongue.
“Well, I don’t believe the angels have sensitive ears like your precious ears are. But if you will excuse me, I’m going to get me a kick. Would anybody else like one?” I purposely looked at Kevin and Justin specifically while smiling like I won the Nobel prize. Justin and Kevin both sat down and looked at each other. Kevin was good at acting too, but not that good. I saw the extreme suspicion in his eyes when he looked at Justin.
“This is gonna be real good.” Kevin sent to Justin
“I should get my camera out.” Justin sent back.
“You guys forgot to block me out.” I sent to both of them. They started laughing.
“And me.” Ms. Wallace sent to all of us. We all started roaring laughing then. Tears were running down Kevin and Justin’s eyes.
“I swear you are all a piece of work.” Ms. Wallace said, shaking her head.
“Thanks.” I said while I put two mugs of fresh lemon tea, Kevin’s favorite, in the microwave. I pulled out my lighter and cigs out of my purse, and lit one.
“Those things are so bad for you. Plus the smell is retched.” She quenched her nose up. I inhaled deeply, to rub it in her skin. Kevin walked over and reached for one,
“Not you two! Justin don’t you dare take one!” She pointed her finger at him, warningly.
“Don’t worry Ms. Wallace. I already had mine this morning.” He winked.
“You guys discuss me.” She sat on the bar stole and closed her eyes.
Me and Kevin laughed. Since the late 1800s I have smoked. I mean, I am sort of immortal. It wont kill me.
“Yes, but it brings your guard down.” Ms. Wallace said.
“Hey! Stop reading my mind!” I pointed a finger at her
“Your fault.” Justin muttered while reading the newspaper. I stuck my tongue at him.
“It’s true dear.” She shrugged.
“Read Kevin’s not mine.” I muttered. Nobody said anything, but Kevin grinned proudly.
“So why did you all come up here?” Ms. Wallace asked.
“New girl.” I said while exhaling smoke. She coughed.
“That certainly is horrid.” She waved her hands in front of her face to get the smoke away from her.
“Yes the new girl, Justin, explain please.” Kevin said. Funny, I was just about to say the same thing. There was something about the way Kevin eyed Justin, like he was searching for something. I stared confusingly at him.
“Maria Sky White, born in 1996, will be turning 15 on April 14th, does not have a recorded bond mate, angel not sure of, has blue eyes, long brown hair, 5’5 inches tall, and shows signs of the mysterious powers.” Justin said in one breath, almost like he was practicing it in his mind.
“Interesting….” Ms. Wallace was thinking hard at the moment.
I started thinking myself. She could be anything. She was born in such an unusual time, but yet the perfect time. If she is the mysterious, she will help the back up plan for entering hell for the final war. She could be the one that will help me seek the truth….
Speaking of final war. When is the next meeting? I asked myself. I started racking my brain trying to remember when the next one is.
“Today actually. At 3.” Ms. Wallace said. “Oh, and your tea been ready for over a minute now.” She gestured to the microwave.
“Seriously, stop.” I said, the stress coming back. I have to prepare a whole presentation for the meeting. I haven’t done s*** for it.
“I’m sure your team is on it, sense they don’t go to school.” Ms. Wallace said, laughing.
“You evil thing.” I said to her rolling my eyes
“Forgive me, but your thoughts are just rolling into my line of communication. I cant help it.”
“Well, this should fix that.” I said while mixing the tea up in the mug. Kevin did the same with his. Then we both put out our cigarettes.
“Cheers.” I said raising my cup to his. Our cups clinked, and with both took a long gulp. My body tingled, and I relaxed a little. Ms. Wallace makes the tea herself, with some other herbs that are amazing when it comes to a stress mind.
“Thank god.” Ms. Wallace said while messaging her temples.
“Whatever.” I sat on Justin’s lap and leaned over. He started messaging my shoulders and back. He was being hesitant, but what he didn’t notice is how cautious I was being.
“Thanks babe. Want some?” I said handing him the mug. I eyed him hard, but he didn’t seem to notice.
“Sure.” He took it, and before I could snatch it back, he drank the whole thing in one gulp.
“After all these years I never learn.” I shook my head, but I was becoming way to relaxed to care. I got up and stretched. He pulled on my jeans. It was all completely normal. Nothing wrong with the picture. But then again, everything was wrong. The coldness leaked out of him like ice cold water. It was begging to numb me. But I again ignored it, and acted like I felt nothing.
“May I help you?” I asked, raising my eyebrows when he tugged on my jeans again.
“Gimme some lovin’.” He sent.
“Justin, we are in Ms. Wallace’s office. No.” I put my hands on my hips. He groaned
“Tonight I get some lovin.” He winked, his eyes playful. A normal person couldn’t detect it, but I did.
“Fine.” I smiled and looked up at Kevin and Ms. Wallace who were both looking at us with their eyebrows raised.
“We could’ve made a million on that don’t you agree?” Kevin asked, nudging Ms. Wallace.
“Oh yes. The sexual energy there was so strong I could smell it.” She started laughing. I became embarrassed but my pride took the best of me.
“We all know Ms. Wallace has sexual energy for Mr. Trans.” I winked at her and her cheeks flushed.
“That is none of your business.” She said flustered
“Oh no. Forgive me. It’s the whole high schools business.” I said
“Oh lord…” Justin groaned. Kevin covered his face with hands, trying to hide his smile.
“You have a lot of nerve child.” She angrily. “What did he say?” She asked pointing her nose in the air.
“He said “Tell Josephine I said hello. And. He. Winked!” I emphasized Josephine and winked. She gasped and covered her mouth
“He did not!” Her eyes grew wide.
“Oh but he did Sister.” I winked at her, and she groaned.
“Give me a cig.” She said covering her eyes. Kevin pulled one out and lit it, and held it in front of her mouth. When she opened her eyes she snatched it and put it out with her fingers.
“I was kidding. I would never.” She walked to the couch and plopped down.
“You are so bad.” Justin sent me. I winked and sat down on his lap. He kissed me quickly on the lips.
“I wish I could do more….” I sent his hand creeped up around my waist. I put my hand on his. Ignoring everything and tried to ease him up so that I could finally see what was going on his mind. But his block stayed up strong as ever.
“You turn me on when you talk to me like that….” He said, and his hand gripped my waist.
“Get the camera out!” Kevin yelled. I whipped around and threw a pillow at him.
“Your so funny Kevin.” I rolled my eyes and walked over to the window.
“Kids, I hate to say this, but its 2. We should get going to the meeting.” We all groaned.
“This should be good.” Kevin said
“F*** me.” I said groaning.
“No prob.” Justin grabbed my butt. That was a shock.
“Excuse me?!” I whipped around and grabbed his hand.
“I’m sorry.” He said and laughed. “But you were asking for it.”
“It’s true.” Kevin said, ducking out of the way before I could hit him.
“Both of you are such pervs.” I rolled my eyes.
“Part of the Male nature dear.” Ms. Wallace rubbed my shoulder.
“She understands.” Justin said. The coldness flashed again, but I pushed it away.
“Hey, who notified Zack and Caroline?” I ignored Justin and asked Kevin.
“Oh of course. By who, you mean me. Ill notify them now.”
“Thanks Kevin.” He smiled, and we all stepped into the elevator.
“Press 5, I have to get my bags from my locker.” I said to Ms. Wallace. She nodded and pressed 5.
“Zack and Caroline will meet us on the 1st floor.” Kevin said.
I nodded, and the adrenaline started pulsing through me. Now its time for me to show off. Now it’s time for me to announce the great win we made this past week. I couldn’t wait.
We got to the 5th floor and I took off to my locker while the rest stayed behind. When I reached my locker, Caroline was standing right there, almost as if she was expecting me
“Nice to see you again.” She said sarcastically and leaned up against my locker.
“Oh lord help me.” I said groaning. “What do you want?” I asked, pushing her off of my locker and opening the lock.
“Heard you are planning a mission for Rio next week.” She said, looking at me in her sarcastic way.
“Well, if you paid attention to the weekly reports, you would know that the mission is off.” I said, slamming my locker door and started walking away.
“I’m not done talking to you.” She said pulling my shoulder.
“Sorry, didn’t ask.” I smacked her hand off of my shoulder. She grinned
“I know your hiding something from me.” She said, as if she knew me inside and out. I turned around slowly.
“What makes you think that you are so dam important that I’d hide something from you? Maybe I don’t want to waste my freaking time with a freaking nobody like you. You have nothing to do with my life, and I would like to keep it that way you stupid annoying b****. And if you would excuse me I have somewhere to be, unlike you.” I was so annoyed I transported to the elevator, leaving her there stunned.
When I bursted into the elevator everyone screamed.
“S*** Emma! What the hell?!” Justin said out of breath. I looked at him confused.
“Sorry, emergency.” I observed him, gasping for air. He seems to be completely on edge lately.
“What could possibly be your emergency?” Ms. Wallace asked sharply. She eyed me with doubt.
“Caroline.” Everyone said oh, and understood. Ms. Wallace pressed 1 on the elevator. We started going down.
“What did she want?” Kevin asked.
“She wanted to know about the mission in Rio.”
Justin groaned.
“And what did you say?” Ms. Wallace asked
“I called her a stupid annoying b****.” And even Ms. Wallace laughed at that.
“Emma, what are we going to do with you?” Justin said shaking his head admiringly. We reached the first floor and we all stepped out, and walked outside to the gardens.
“I’m sorry but if someone is being way to snoopy and always in my business then yeah they will get it. She’s lucky I didn’t punch her fricken mouth.” I could feel the anger building up again. What is wrong with her?
“There’s nothing you can do about.” Kevin said, shrugging his shoulders.
“Chh…” I kicked a rock out of sight. He always has to be the stupid wise one.
Justin laughed. “Well there has to be room for a wise one. I mean if we were all stupid then the world would be over already.” His eyes became suddenly really cold when he said the last few words. I shuddered at his words “the world would be over already.”
“Don’t say that.” I snapped. I’m not ready for that talk.
“I’m sorry.” He put his hand around my waist and pulled me in. His words sounded sincere, but his eyes told a different story. It shocked me. I didn’t want to see this. I couldn’t see this. I wanted so badly to forget this, so I did the only thing that could take my mind off of anything. I inhaled his minty sent, but even that was off. But I didn’t have time for that. I needed to get my mind off of this. I crushed myself to him and kissed his neck. He froze with surprise, but then he gripped my hair. I leaned back and smiled up at him, ready for more, but then his key word sunk in. I pulled away and crossed my arms.
“Are you calling me stupid?!” His eyes widened for a second, confused, and then realized what he said.
“What?! No!” He raised his hands defensively.
“Mhm.” I walked in front of him, doing my I don’t want to hear it walk.
He started laughing.
“Dude, how do you handle all of that?” Kevin asked, putting an arm around him. He again, looked at him so hard, like he was searching for something hard to see. Justin didn’t notice.
“I don’t know. It entertains me. I think she’s a trip. She takes me by surprise all the time.” His voice was somewhat emotionless, but I ignored it. Kevin on the other hand did, and looked at Justin with suspicion, then back to me, looking for any sign of hurt. It’s hard to hide stuff from Kevin, but I managed to push back everything and smile. But smiling hurts a lot when you don’t mean it.
“I don’t know how you do it man, I wouldn’t last a day.” Kevin pulled his arm back, still observing him hard.
“Yall are making me seem like I’m some kinda crazy phsyco b****.” I said, trying to keep the mood light. The tension was building.
“Well maybe cause you are!” Zack said coming around the corner. He had a huge grin on his face, asking for trouble.
“Zack shut the hell up.” I stuck my middle finger at him and kept walking straight ahead.
“Nope. Don’t think I will. I have way to much fun irritating you.” He came right behind me, putting his arm around my shoulders. Justin didn’t do anything but look down. He seemed to be concentrating hard. But instead of asking him what was wrong, I looked up at Zack and glared.
“You want to see irritated?!” I demanded, raising an eyebrow
“Zack, she’s under a lot of stress. Leave her alone.” Justin said, but with no emotion. He just kept looking down like he was trying to…… Desperately push something painful out of his mind….
“Plus, I wouldn’t take your chances with her today.” He added. Did I hear double meaning in his words, or was that just me.?
“Oh, that time of month. Sorry Emmy.” Zack laughed and backed off like I was a disease. That did it. I whipped around and punch him hard in the mouth, knocking him completely backwards and he hit a pillar, making a crack in it.
“Oh now you’ve done it!” Zack said clutching his mouth which was bleeding drastically. He started coming after me but Kevin and Justin was there, standing right in front of me, protecting me from him. He backed away, raising his hands over his heads. Ms. Wallace rolled her eyes and walked off to her car. Amber was racing around the corner now, her eyes burning with rage.
“What the hell?!” She screamed as she raced to Zack’s side. “What happened?!” She looked around and saw Kevin and Justin, arms crossed around their chests, emphasizing their muscles. Her eyes grew wide, than comprehension broke through.
“Zack, leave Emma alone will you?” She laughed and pulled him up.
“It’s not my fault-“
“I can guarantee you that it was your fault. You love irritating her.” She analyzed the cut, and closed her eyes.
“I hope he learned his lesson.” Kevin said, stepping away from me, and started laughing himself. I just stood there, with a huge smile across my face.
“You honestly think, after all those times Emma snapped, that he will actually learn that he should just leave her the hell alone?” Justin said, laughing as well. He sounded almost normal now. But Zack instantly picked up. Nothing gets by Zack. It made the anxiety and nervousness come back. I looked down, hiding my eyes from him.
“It’s way too fun man.” Zack said, the grin on his face slowly going away as he watched Justin more carefully. It made me really nervous. Caroline touched his mouth, kissed it, and then said the silent blessing and his face healed instantly.
“Your death bed.” Justin said, wrapping his arms around my waist again and kissed my head. I snuggled close to him. There was something about him. Something different. I couldn’t figure it out. He felt so cold, like he lost all his life. I didn’t want to be held by him when he was like this.
We began walking. I began to think. Something is totally wrong. Some of the things he’s been saying. They way he disappears for a couple of hours. How his eyes have this strange coldness in them. How his smell is off. How he’s hesitant to touch me. It’s there. It’s not noticeable, but he is my world. I sense him when he’s changing. Something is very very wrong.
“The world would’ve been over already…..” He said them so coldly. Like he was… expecting it.
“What’s wrong Em?” Kevin asked, sensing that I was upset. Justin stiffened a little bit, like he knew why I was upset. I looked up at his face, and his eyes were very distant
“Nothing. Kinda nervous.” I lied, not wanting to be over dramatic. I could be being overly sensitive.
“Your not….” My angels voice whispered. I shivered, my body going cold.
“You should be feeling sorry.” Zack said from behind. I knew what he was doing, acting like he didn’t notice anything so he could get into Justin’s head more easily. It’s not going to work, I’ve already tried.
“I’m very sorry Zacky.” I’m not the one for apologies, but I want peace. Zack is just as stubborn as me so I will have to give up sooner or latter.
“That’s ok.” He looked down.
I needed to talk to Michael, and I needed to talk to him soon. My breathing got a little heavier and the nervousness hit me hard in the gut. I felt sick to my stomach.
“Go to my garden…..”
I acted on instinct. “You guys, go ahead. I’ll meet you there.” Justin looked at me questionably, and I shrugged. He shrugged back and began walking away.
“Alright see you there.” Amber said. She put her hand on Zack’s mouth before he could say anything and shoved him in the car. Justin pulled out in our car, and Kevin looked at me, with worry on his face.
“Emma, what is wrong?” He asked, voice shaking a bit.
“Nothing. I have to talk to Michael.” I began walking to his garden, not looking back. I didn’t have time. Anxiety started creeping up my spine. What is happening?
I started running, and the rain began to poor. I ran through the rain, barley seeing as the tears poured out of my eyes. I ran throughout the maze, searching for his garden. But that’s when I figured out that I wasn’t going to find it. I walked right into a trap.
“Mistake.” The evil voice hissed in my head. I screamed in anger and fell to the ground. I don’t need his tricks.
“Get out of my head!” I screamed to the thundering clouds.
“Where are you Michael?” I shouted in my mind. I was desperate for a way out.
“Not here.” He hissed and laughed
“What do you mean?” I demanded. My angel is always there, even when I’m in a trap.
“You are in my lair.” The words shook the earth and the scenery around me broke up and changed like shattering glass. All around me was fire and evil. I was in the middle of hell. His kingdom.
He walked slowly to me from his chair. I was in his palace. I began walking backwards slowly, and pulled out my sword. He smiled.
“You don’t need that. I’m not going to hurt you…. Yet…..” He laughed. I pointed my sword to him, warning him.
“Honestly, I don’t want to fight. I’m just here to warn you.” He picked up his golden cup and drank slowly. It made me sick to stand here watching him. He seemed to read my mind, and took it in offense.
“You know, once I used to live in heaven. I was the brightest, one of my Father favorite.” He made a face. “But I guess he thought I was too….. Selfish maybe? I still have no idea. You humans seem to have a pretty good theory about it. What was it….? Something about how I wanted to rule the heavens…. I still don’t know, or care matter of factly. Why would I ever need to rule up stairs when I have my own precious kingdom down here…..?” He mused. He had a slight grin on his face, like he was remembering something in his past that was funny.
“You’re kingdom?” I snorted and laughed. “How is it you’re kingdom when we control it?” I asked skeptical, wanting to hear what he would say. He looked at me with amused curiosity.
“You just think you control, but really we do. Well, soon enough we will. Care to join us?” He asked, holding his hand up to me.
“You already know my answer. Never.” I said, emphasizing never. He laughed.
“Never say never.” He shrugged casually like we were talking about the weather. “That is what your dearest…. Bond mate said to me.” He smiled, and put his cup down.
“When did he ever say that?” I asked, not believing him.
“Last night actually. When you were asleep. But you weren’t asleep were you?” He guessed by the way my eyes flashed when he said last night.
“No, I wasn’t.” I said, showing no pain.
“Well, in case you were wondering, he was here. Actually standing right where you are.” He pointed to the spot where I was, so I took a step sideways. Lucy smilled. “He was here to….. Acquire some information. And make some…… Certain agreements…… Has he said anything about it to you?” He asked, already knowing the answer. His eyes were darkly amused.
“No, he has not.” I said, my voice betraying me when it cracked. I tried to make myself look strong and brave, but I was braking, and he knew it.
“Would you like to know what we discussed?” He raised his eyebrows and slowly walked over to me.
“No, Lucifer, I would not.” He shuttered at his name.
“That’s such a horrid name. I prefer your majesty. Don’t you think it suits me?” He gestured curiously to his body. I shook my head.
“No? Well that’s too bad…..” His eyes drifted to the table. For the first time I looked around the room. We were in some kind of thrown room, with a huge long white table in the middle with many chairs. There was a stain glass window of an angel falling from the sky. The angel was beautiful.
Seeming to catch on to what I was staring at he laughed. “Yes, that was me in my young ages. Such, such a long time ago.” He shook his head and smiled.
“But this isn’t the time for that, we have business to attend to. You’re Justin is not who you think he is.” His eyes grew amused again, but also curious.
“Apparently not.” I stared backing away again, but he followed me like a snake, slithering towards me.
“He isn’t yours anymore I’m afraid.” He smiled at my angry complexion.
“What could you possibly mean by that?” I asked, already knowing what he would say next.
“He is mine.” His eyes turned red, and he laughed slowly. I was begging to feel small, and weak. I took off running through the large doors, and down a long dark hallway. It was useless of course, he was inches behind me the whole time. I tried running faster. I was coming to a dead end, and I knew that I would die if I didn’t get out of here. My breath quickened.
“Get me out of here!” I screamed, and suddenly I was being pulled up, by strong, good hands. I knew then that I was safe. But it started to feel like it was all coming down. Pain shook my core. I slumped over, weakened by the pain and shock.
How could this possibly be happening?
But I don’t even know what’s happening
“But you do. You won’t let yourself admit it.” Michael’s strong and wise eyes stared down at me. I knew he spoke the truth. But I shook my head, refusing to let it sink in. I won’t let it. He pulled me up through the dark hole, and into his garden. Lighting struck in the sky and fierce thunder shook the earth. It was the beginning of a bad war.
“Emma, time is running out.” He said, holding both hands in his, trying to get through to me. His eyes looked pained.
“I don’t know what you mean.” I looked down as the tears ran through my eyes.
“You haven’t asked him.” He looked up at the clouds.
“Asked who what?” But I knew what he meant.
“Asked Justin what was in store for your future. As a bonded couple.” His voice was desperate for me to hear. But I wouldn’t listen.
“Stop! Stop! I know what you’re getting at! Please just stop!” My knees buckled and the numbness returned, spreading throughout my core, until it reached my heart. I was dying inside.
“Emma.” He said my name, but what he was really saying was there. That time was running out. For us, Me and Justin.

“Come in.” Justin’s voice was cold. I was prepared for this. I walked slowly into our bedroom. He was there sitting on the bed. It killed me, we were just laying there together and everything was completely ok. I never thought that I would be here right now, in all my life. All of our happy memories started flashing through my mind like a slow, never ending movie. I pushed it out, trying to keep it together.
“Tell me.” I said, slowly working up to what was coming.
“Tell you what?” His voice was flat, with no expression in it.
“What our future is.” My voice fell flat as well. I don’t know how all this calmness came to me, but suddenly I became brave
“Don’t ask me that.” He said through his teeth. All the coldness returned to his eyes. I felt the numbness return to my core. I crossed the room to sit on the window seal. I stared up at the storm, as the rain fell harder. I fought hard against the tears, but it felt as if I was being ripped apart.
“Something is about to change.” I said, not looking up at him. I expected my voice to break, but they came out strong.
He didn’t say anything for a while.
“Michael.” He said the word like it was a disease and the thunder cracked and shook the building. Anger came to me.
“He’s just trying to protect me!” I yelled at him. How dare he try to put this on Michael!
“He’s trying to tear us apart!” Justin yelled back, his voice cutting into me like frozen daggers.
“I don’t think his the one doing that.” My voice fell, and tears filled in my eyes. I started shaking, and the numbness faded. In replacement, pain that was unlike anything I felt before ripped through me. I gasped and fell to the floor. I clutched my chest, as the pain ran through me like waves crashing me on rocks over and over. I realized that Justin was on the floor too, clenching his chest and breathing in pants. I wasn’t the only one in pain. I crawled to him, and took his hand. Light flashed through the room, but it was dim and weak. He looked into my eyes, and I didn’t see the coldness. Instead, they were frightened. His eyes were pleading. He needed me more than ever.

I stood in the shadows of the building, avoiding the rain and avoiding being noticed. I could not believe I was doing this.
Right after he thought was I sleeping, he opened the window and jumped off. And five minutes later I jumped out as well, and followed him throughout the city, and it was about to rain
I believed I followed him to broakland, but wasn’t quite sure. We were in the ghettos though.
I wore all black, and tight leather boots. The perfect get up for the night.
My watch said 3 am. It was March 23rd, two days after my happy birthday. That was sarcastic, by the way.
I looked down the street. He was standing under a blinking neon light that said “Playground” I made a disgusted noise.
He looked around, obviously he was expecting someone. The rain started picking up, and he pulled his hoody over his head. I did the same with my black tight hoody. He wore a tight red jacket, and grey jeans. He looked like a male model even from where I was standing.
Suddenly, out of nowhere, a guy appeared by Justin. Justin didn’t look at all surprised; Nothing surprises Justin.
They shook hands and exchanged a few words. By the look of it I’d say they good friends. They guy wore a green jacket, similar to Justin’s, and black jeans. He was stalker than Justin, and maybe two inches taller.
They laughed about something, and I eased up. Maybe he just goes out with his friends. But that wouldn’t explain why he snuck out…
There was some sort of commotion down where they were standing, and Justin glanced at his watch. The building seemed to be quivering, and the signed changed to “Underground.”
I spoke too soon. Justin and his friend opened the door to the building and stepped in. I waited until the door closed completely, and I took off toward it.
But it was too late. The building quivered again, and the sign changed back.
I groaned and slammed my fists on the wall.
How was I ever going to find out what he was doing now?

Maria

Walking down the halls with nobody beside you is getting really old. I wish I had somebody that really understands me. I have nobody. Or so I think.
The halls were empty. It was lunch, so everyone must be in the cafeteria. Including my so called “bff” Jewels, but she decided she wasn’t going to talk to me today. Whatever, like I care. She was a bad friend to begin with.
But now I can’t help but to feel completely alone. Like, when me and Jewels were “friends” I had somebody to talk to. But now, I have nobody.
I decide to go out to the gardens. Sometimes I like to be alone, so I can actually think for myself.
I walked through the doors, loving the way the sun felt today. It was a clear day, so I took off my jacket. I walked to the rose garden, and sat down on a pretty white bench. I leaned back and closed my eyes. The sun felt amazing. When I grow up, I’m so going to live in the tropics. I love the sun.
The rose garden was beautiful. There were statues of a beautiful woman holding roses, and playing with children. It made me feel ok, like everything is going to somehow work out. It made me feel at peace.
“Come to my garden anytime you feel upset.” A sweet voice drifted through my head like a light breeze. It shocked me at first, but I went a long with it.
“Thanks, but who are you?” I kind of felt ridiculous, talking to someone in my mind. But now a days, anything is possible.
“Some call me the Queen of Heaven. Others like to call me Rose. Either is fine. I prefer Rose, though.” She said.
“That makes sense, I guess. Well, hi Rose.” I tried to sound enthusiastic, but I was begging to feel down again.
“What’s wrong dear child?” Her voice was like a sweet melody of wind chimes.
“I guess I just feel confused. I don’t know what’s happening. Last week Emma came up to me, and was all like ‘Your special’ but I don’t know what she means and I just want answers and-“
“Dear one, there’s no need to feel confused. Answers will find a way to you. You must have patience.”
“I mean, if you say so…” I didn’t feel at all convinced. I wanted answers right now. I know I’m sounding whinny, but it’s driving me insane.
Rose didn’t say anything else. But I sensed she was laughing. I guess I should laugh as well. I guess I was being impatient.

Emma

“You stupid ass!” I yelled, jumping off from the couch and leaning forward to the TV. Me and Kevin were playing an epic game of Halo. It was Saturday the 25th, and I planned to spend the whole day hanging with my best friend Kevy. Maybe it was my way to not think about the other night I followed Justin. It was a good way, I had to admit.
“I’m beating you!” He said as he shot one of my team mates down. I clenched my teeth and planned out a way to attach him. I have to win. It’ll take a major blow to my super sized ego if I don’t.
“Not for long sucker.” I said as I blew up one of his army jeeps. It had about 4 of his team mates in it, and I killed every single one of them.
“Dam.” He concentrated on the TV.
I threw a grenade at his base, killing him and the rest of his team mates. The screen went black, then it played the end music. The split screen on my side said WINNER! And on his side it said LOSER!
Kevin groaned, and I laughed.
“Sorry Kevy, but you just got your ass kicked by a girl in Halo. This is so going on your wall.” I got my phone out, and posted on his facebook wall.
“I’m gonna delete that as soon as I get on my lap top.” He shook his head and stood up.
“What do yah wanna do now?” I grabbed his hand and pulled him to the kitchen.
“I dunno what do you wanna do?”
“I dunno what do you wanna do?” We both then started cracking up, because of our stupidness. This is why I love Kevin so much.
“Ok seriously, let’s go do something really stupid.” I said, thinking of a million things we could do.
“Let’s just walk around New York, and take pictures of strangers.” He looked excited; this is something we do all the time. In New York, you’re supposed to mind your own business and don’t bother strangers or well; you’ll get your ass kicked. But me and Kevin like to go out on the streets and take pictures of people. Sometimes we get cursed out, and sometimes we get the police called on us. We have the best time doing it.
“There’s a good idea.” I laughed and shook my head.
“Then let’s go!” He grabbed my hand and we skipped out of my apartment. We got a few looks from people in the lobby, but we didn’t care.
We walked down the sidewalk, heading for the busiest part of New York: 42nd street. There were workers everywhere; we came at the perfect time. I took out my little power shot, and started snapping pictures. People passed by, looking at us like we were idiots, but we were having the best time of our lives.
Three super tall guys dressed in all black passed by. They looked like the kind of people nobody wanted to mess with. So I zoomed up on them, and snapped about five pictures. They looked at me, and I grinned.
“Give me the camera.” The tallest guy said. I laughed.
“Oh come on! I work for the local magazine, and you guys are exactly what I need!”
“Give. Me. The. Camera.” He said slowly and menacingly. I rolled my eyes.
“Dude, it’s not that big of a deal-“ Kevin was saying, but the guy threw a punch at him. Furious, I kicked him hard in the stomach. He stumbled back, stunned.
“Yeah, you might want to think before you go around punching people. You never know when you’ll punch the wrong person.” I said, lifting my chin being petty.
“Emma, let’s go.” Kevin grabbed my hand and pulled me away from them. I stuck my middle finger up at them, and they all looked at me darkly.
“Well, that was fun.” I said, leaning on Kevin’s shoulder. He was tense.
“Emma, did you see the guy standing in the background?” Kevin asked, his voice serious. I froze, shaking my head.
“No…?”
“There was a man, wearing a red base ball cap, dark jeans, and a ripped black shirt. He was careful to stay in the shadows. But he was watching us. I think he still is.” Kevin said under his breath. I leaned my head back on his shoulder, and did a once over check of our surroundings. The guy was standing by a tree, a block away from us.
“He’s standing under that tree.” I showed Kevin the image of where he was in my head. “Let’s go find out who he is and what he wants.” I began to walk to the tree, but Kevin grabbed my shoulder and spun me around.
“Let’s not.” He said. I looked at him confusingly.
“Kev we can take him!” I stomped my foot. He rolled his eyes and put his arm around me, making it impossible for me to break away. He walked us forward, and stopped at the friggen museum!
“No. Hell no, I am so not going in there! What happened to having fun today?!”
“Taking pictures of artifacts when it’s against the law and getting in trouble with the guards is fun.” He pointed out. I stared at him, his words were growing on me.
“That does sound fun….” I finally said. He took that as a yes and dragged me inside. People were looking at pictures and statues. Ug, I hated museums.
“Okay, so when are we gonna do bad things?” I rubbed my hands together, thinking of what to do first. But I when I looked back Kevin was nowhere to be found. I smacked my hand on my head. I should’ve known he’d do something like this.
So I decided to actually take my time and look at the pictures and artifacts. There’s a first time for everything, even if the boredom will kill me.
Half an hour later I actually made it through maybe half of the museum, without dying. I actually enjoyed it. With my weird sense of humor I was able to find something hilarious about every single one of the artifacts I looked at. I was always laughing my ass off, with everyone staring at me like I was on crack. At least I have a sense of humor people.
I came around the corner, and finally spotted Kevin. He was leaning against a pillar, staring at a girl sitting on a bench. She had long brown hair, and I instantly knew who he was staring at.
Maria.
And the way he looked at her, made my stomach twist. He looked sad, and all alone. He was the only one out of all of us who didn’t have somebody, and it killed me. I knew he was lonely, and I knew he thinks Maria might be the one. But I wasn’t sure…
Maria stood up and stretched. She was holding a sketch book and pencils. I never realized how pretty she was. She had creamy skin, and beautiful blue eyes with dark long eyelashes. She was short, but she still looked long and lean. No wonder Kevin stalks her.
She looked up, and caught Kevin’s eye. I grabbed his shoulder and pulled him out. I looked behind him, and Maria’s face was masked with shock.
I pulled Kevin out of the museum, and we walked down to Central Park. I didn’t say anything, just kept my arm wrapped around him.
“Thanks, Emma.” He said.
“Yeah, no prob.” We sat down on the bench, and he looked up at the sky.
“Our lives are so crazy.” He shook his head slowly.
“Well, we are crazy people. So I guess a crazy life comes with being a crazy person.” I tried to lighten the mood, and he smiled.
“Thanks Emma. Really, thank you.” He leaned his head on my shoulder, and I smoothed his hair.
“Someday, you will find someone.” I said confidently.
“Yes, someday soon I hope.”

Maria

Well, that was unexpected.
Out of breath I stumbled down the stairs of the museum. Kevin and Emma were nowhere to be seen. It was impossible how quick they got out of there. And was it just me, or were they spying on me?!
Nah, they couldn’t be. I mean, that’s crazy first of all, and second of all how do I know that they weren’t just there to look at pictures. That doesn’t explain why they bolted when I saw them, but that just could because they were late for something.
I had a feeling that that wasn’t why.
I quickly walked down the sidewalk and to the subway station. I had so much stuff spinning around in my head I couldn’t even process it.
I got on the subway that will lead me to the other side of Manhattan. I guess I’ll go eat at the bistro across the street from the subway stop. I wasn’t ready to go back home.
The subway ride to the lower east side of Broadway was loud and full of all kinds of different people. It made me nervous to be in a small place with a lot of people. Claustrophobic, I know. But I can’t help it.
I planned to eat lunch, and then catch a taxi to my Dads office. I finished all my errands, which included my homework assignment from Ms. Bell, the art teacher. We had to go to a local museum and get inspired by a piece of art we like. That’s why I was at the museum where I saw Emma and Kevin. I squeezed my eyes shut, remembering the moment. I wanted to erase it so bad. I wish that never happened.
When I opened my eyes, a man in a red baseball cap was staring at me. I got a bad feeling from him, and looked down. I had a feeling he was going to follow me when I got off the subway.
So when the train stopped, I waited until there was a crowd outside, then I slipped through it quickly, always looking behind me. I reached the stairs, and when I looked back the guy in the base ball cap was standing inside the train, looking desperately for me. I didn’t give him the chance to find me, so I raced up the stairs. Outside the sun was bright, and I had to shield my eyes. Slowing down, I walked with the crowd, still trying to keep cover, to where the bistro was. I couldn’t wait to get inside and sip some chai tea…
There were two men walking towards me, heads low, but I could tell they were watching me. They were wearing all black, like the guy in the base ball cap. Across the street, were three more men, dressed in black as well, and watching me. I looked behind me, and the guy in the base ball cap was pushing his way through the crowd.
I didn’t think. I just hopped in a taxi cab, which was already token. To my advantage the taxi was already moving, and we got half a block down before the lady inside made the taxi driver stop. She looked at me like I was out of my mind.
“I already have this-“
“My mother’s ex husband is tracking me down, he has a gun.” I looked at her with scared eyes, and she just nodded and rolled her eyes.
“Very well. People these days I swear. Where are you going?” She buckled her seat belt, and the taxi driver took off. I looked behind me and the men were looking at the taxi, one man was yelling at the top of his lungs. I guess they didn’t come with cars.
But even if they did they’d never catch up. This was the fastest taxi driver I ever had.
“Um.” Well I took the east Broadway train, and my dad works on Wall Street.
“Wall Street?” I didn’t want to be a bother to the lady, but I really needed to get to my dad.
“That’s where I have to run my earns. Not a problem.” I exhaled, thanking God I got out of there so fast, and that this was all working out so well. Maybe I had an Angel watching over me.
The ride down to Wall Street was crazy. The taxi driver was swerving in and out of traffic at top speeds; people were honking at us constantly. I had to keep my eyes shut so I didn’t scream.
We came to an abrupt stop, and I opened my eyes. We were on Wall Street, so I pulled out my wallet.
“How much-“
“No, I got it.” The lady said, pulling out money. I began to protest but she held up a hand.
“Let a little old lady who doesn’t have any grandchildren pay for a taxi.” She smiled and got out. Taking her lead, I got out as well.
“Well, thank you!” I really meant it. That was extremely nice of her. She nodded and began to walk down the street, the opposite way I was going.
I wish she was going my way, I really didn’t want to walk alone. Not when I most likely had stalkers. So I began to walk quickly down the street. My dad’s work is two blocks over.
The whole time I was walking there I kept looking around me. I was tense and scared. Whoever those guys were, they weren’t nice. I could tell that much.
And why on earth were they following me? What did they want from me?
“This is crazy…” I said out loud, shaking my head. I think I may possibly need a body guard.
I got to my dad’s office building, and didn’t see any of those scary guys. My dad was outside, franticly pacing and talking in his cell phone. When he saw me he exhaled loudly and shut his phone.
“Maria! You scared me!” He threw his arms around me, like I was a four year old child. I hope nobody was staring at us.
“Um why?” I asked confused, pulling away.
“Because you said you’d be here at 4. It’s 4:30. People get murdered here in this city, young girls like you. I don’t think I’m going to let you do that again.” He grew serious. Anger spiked in me, which wasn’t like me.
“Dad, I’m fine.” I snapped.
“You’re not doing this again. I almost had a heart attack Maria.”
“Oh my God. Fine.” He called a taxi, and I made sure to slam my door. I was so annoyed. A little trust once in awhile from my dad would be great. He is always the stupid one.

Emma

“What are you doing tonight?” Kevin asked over the TV. We were watching some movie about dinosaurs. He’s the one who wanted to watch it, by the way. I have no idea why, but it’s actually pretty cool
“Oh I ordered some fancy Italian dinner for me and Justin. We are celebrating my birthday. Again.” My birthday was last week, and he failed to attend any of the dinners I set up for us. It’s now the second of April, and hopefully he doesn’t stand me up again.
“Emma, when are you going to tell me what’s going on?” Kevin asked, his voice soft and caring. I groaned and leaned my head back on the sofa.
“He’s just…. Changing…” I said, staring at the ceiling. No crying Emma, no crying.
“How?” His voice was still soft, but it had a protectful edge in it. I squeezed my eyes shut and covered my face.
“He just has…. This… This cold faraway look in his eyes all the time. He’s always somewhere else, never in the same room I’m standing in with him. He’s hiding something from me, something really big. He sneaks out at night. He barely talks to me. I just-“ I chocked, and I couldn’t fight the tears any longer. Kevin pulled me in his arms and I cried in his shirt. He held me tightly, like a big brother protecting his little sister. He smoothed my hair, and rubbed my arm. I felt better in his arms, like I didn’t have to go through this alone.
“Emma, I can’t stand to see you like this. You’ve always been the strongest, and now I’m losing you. I see it every day. How your light get’s dimmer and dimmer. Please don’t let me lose you.” He said desperately, but I couldn’t answer. No matter what happens, I knew that it was all coming to an end. That this was all an act, and it’s all working up to the bravo. When he takes off his mask, and shows me his true colors.
“I’ll try my best.” I whispered. He nodded, and I began counting the minutes to when he had to leave, and to when Justin should come. It was now 5:56, and Kevin’s leaving at 6. Honestly, I really wish Kevin didn’t have to go. Because, if Justin ends up not showing again, I really wouldn’t like to be alone.
“Alright Em. Call me if anything.” Kevin said, standing up. I followed him to the door, and hugged him before he left. He was angry, I knew it. He wanted to go to Justin and give him a piece of his mind. But he wouldn’t, because he knew I didn’t want him to. I will love Kevin forever.
After he left, and the food came, I lit some candles, and turned off all the lights. But I wasn’t in the mood. I was feeling it coming on, the pain. I knew he wasn’t coming, so why was I wasting my time? I couldn’t help but feel some kind of hope.
When the clock ticked to twelve, I gave up and blew out the candles. I left the food on the table, untouched. I climbed the stairs, and decided what I was going to do.
I wrote him a letter. I spilled my heart out, writing everything I truly felt. When I finished, I stuck the letter in today’s newspaper, slathered on my favorite red lipstick, and kissed the front page. I then ran downstairs and plopped it on the counter top.
I ran out the door, not able to stand being in the apartment where we shared so much happy memories. I was going out tonight, and I was going to be bad. I was getting answers.
I went to Zack and Amber’s apartment first. Luckily they were out, so I could steal Amber’s clothes without her knowing. I picked out a black lace shirt, and a really tight black leather jacket. I only buttoned one button, so it showed off the sexy shirt. I then picked out black leather tights, and her really cute black boots. I let my hair lose, and put in huge silver hoops. I was going for the sexy bad chick look. I think I pulled it off pretty well. Then, I put on my pearl bracelet, that lets me disguise my face to anybody I want. I changed my hair to blonde, and my face more round and my eyes a Smokey gray color. I looked really sexy, and unrecognizable to the human eye.
I took Zack’s keys to his red Lamborghini. He was going to kill me for sure, but I didn’t have time to care.
I sped through the city, and to the club where I saw Justin and his friend go in. The club was full of mainly men. It was one of those clubs. As I walked in, all the heads turned. I ignored, and sat at the bar.
“Looking for a job?” The bartender asked. He looked sleazy, and I had to fight back rolling my eyes. I wanted to say stick to your league, but I was here on a mission.
“No… Maybe some one oh one though…” I winked. They bartender grinned.
“My name is Chandler. I get off at 1. Your name?” He leaned over, the smell of strong alcohol came off from him. If I wasn’t here on a mission, I would be smacking him across the face by now.
“Juliet. Juliet Skys.” The name came off from the top of my head. I was proud of myself.
“Mmmm…. Juliet. Such a pretty name. I guess that makes sense cause you’re a pretty girl. Could I buy you a drink?” He ran a hand through his hair, being cocky.
“Yes. Martini please.” Alcohol has absolutely no effect on me, so he was out of luck. He was thinking about getting me drunk and taking me home. Yeah, like that’s gonna happen.
“Coming right up.” He went to work on my drink, and I used the time to look around me. Nothing seemed suspicious, but there had to be some kind of clue.
“Here you are.” He handed me the drink, and I smiled. I took a sip, and almost gagged. He seriously put way too much in it. But like I said, it has no effect on me.
“So…. Ever heard of the underground?” I asked casually. He tensed, and glared at me. Seeming to see through my disguise, he pulled me closer to him by the hair.
“Who are you?” The scene of the club shifted to a dark cold cave. I smiled bigger, and turned the pearl on my bracelet. My face and hair shifted back to the real me. Chandler stared at me in shock.
“I’m looking for someone.” I said, looking into his eyes trying to gain control of his mind.
“Who?” He didn’t seem to be effected by me at all. That took a blow to my ego.
“Justin Hammett.” He smiled and let go of my hair.
“So you’re Emma. Justin warned me about you. I have to admit, you fooled me well back at the bar.” He shook his head. I grew impatient and crossed my arms over my chest.
“Yes, whatever, where’s Justin?” Chandler smiled bigger, and pointed to a large wood door on the west side of the cave’s wall.
“Through those doors. I have to warn you though, you won’t like what you see.”
“I already don’t like what I see.” I glared at him, and he only shrugged. He began to dissolve, going back to the bar. So I walked to the door, and opened it.
I recognized the dimly lit hallway. It was the same hallway I ran down trying to get away from Lucifer. I knew exactly where I was.
I walked down slowly, anticipation creeping up on me. I was ready to fight, I wanted to fight. I wanted to release all my anger on Lucifer and him. I wanted to make him completely regret ever doing this to me.
I came to the opening of the “thrown room” and they were all standing in a circle, talking. I walked over, feeling cocky.
“Am I intruding on something?” Justin was the first to look back at me. His eyes grew instantly wide with shock. His friend was there, standing next to him. He looked twice as big the last time I saw him, but I could take him. I could take all of them.
I felt the presence of my Angel, and expected him to be mad. Instead, he was with me on this. He was furious too, and wanted to fight. Oh yes, a war tonight.
“No, no! We were actually just talking about you Emma dear!” Lucifer said, gracefully floating towards me. I glared at him, but didn’t take out my sword yet.
“How nice. Mind if I join in?” I rose an eyebrow, and directed my pointed stare at Justin. He still looked shocked.
“I thought you can see the future?” I sent to him. He glared at me, and I smiled.
“What are you doing here?” He asked, his voice cold as expected.
“Oh you know, just out for a careless moonlit walk. Just like you.”
“Of course not Emma! I’d love that.” Lucifer said, gesturing me to join in. Yeah, right. I spun, pulling my sword out. I didn’t take anybody by surprise, because every single one of them pulled out their swords as well.
The fight began, and I took them all down. All the men who surrounded Lucifer Justin and his friend, protecting them, were on the ground. I fought with no grace, it felt so good to prove to everyone what I was really made of. But when I got to the middle, Lucifer and Justin were gone.
Furious, I transported to the Brooklyn Bridge, following him. How I knew where they went, I had no idea. I was standing on top of the bridge, looking down at the traffic. Even though it was 1 in the morning, there was some traffic. Gotta love New York.
Justin was nowhere in sight. But he was here. I knew it. Man it would totally rock if I had friggen wings!
“Emma, hop on my back.” Michael said into my mind. He appeared in front of me, and I hopped on his back. We flew slowly around the bridge, searching for them. But it was like the disappeared into the cold of the night. Giving up, he flew me down to the edge of the river.
“Thanks.” Michael nodded, he isn’t the one for talking. He flew away, and I kicked a rock angrily in the river. I felt his presence, and smiled.
“I know you’re here.” I said, looking at the shadows of the bridge. Justin stepped out, hands stuffed in his pocket and expression unreadable.
“You weren’t supposed to see that.” He said darkly
“I apologize.” I said coolly. He shook his head.
“Emma…. You amaze me.” A slight grin spread across his face.
“I’m glad I’m doing my job right.” I said, sitting down and looked up at the stars. Surprisingly, you could actually see them, which is almost impossible in New York. He sat down next to me, and I couldn’t help but feel awkward.
“I wish….” He began to say, but he stopped. I didn’t look at him, I just looked at the stars, counting each one I saw. Our star, the morning star was up. It was dim, which is funny because when we look at it together it glows extremely bright. Just another sign that everything we have is dying.
“Don’t think that.” He said. This time I looked at him, and he had his eyes squeezed shut, and his face looked like he was in pain. I shook my head and stood up. He grabbed my hand, and looked up at me with wide eyes. Beautiful, big brown eyes. It just about killed me.
“Where are you going.” He whispered.
“Dunno yet. I’m not going home that’s for sure.” I couldn’t stand to look at him, because I was melting inside. I wanted so badly to sit back down and lean on his shoulder, and have him wrap his arms around me tightly. I wanted that so, so bad.
I tugged my hand free from his, and closed my eyes to transport.
“Don’t leave me.” He whispered before I transported out of there.

Maria

It’s Sunday morning, April 3rd. Me and my family were getting ready to go to church. I wore a white dress with different colored flowers on it. It was pretty, but I wasn’t feeling pretty today. I didn’t want to leave the house, I just wanted to sit in my room and look out the window.
I carried Anna to the car and strapped her in her car seat. She had a huge grin on her face and was laughing hysterically at my brother who was making monkey noises. I rolled my eyes, but couldn’t help but to smile. Jake was always the one to lighten the mood up.
I got in beside Anna, and Jake took the other side. He reached over and pulled on my hair. I grabbed his hand and bent his fingers back.
“Ow! Mara!” He yelped. I let go, and stared at my hands. I actually hurt Jake, which was almost impossible. He stared at me in shock.
“None of that!” My mom yelled as she got in the car. She pointed a finger to me and Jake. “It’s Sunday morning. No fighting.” She said in her scary mommy voice. Me and Jake both nodded, and he started playing with the baby. I stared out the window, fighting the urge to laugh. I hurt Jake! He was always calling me a wimp, but now, I’m just as strong as him. Which scared me a little.
We drove away from our little house and to the little country side that held our church. It was about three miles away from our house, so it would be a ten minute ride. I really enjoyed going to my Church, Holly Cross. All the people that went there are really nice and they always make really good food for the after mass. We had an amazing priest. He always got the crowd going and energized.
Half way through the mass, the doors of the Church slammed open. Four or five men came strolling in, all dressed in black. Shivers ran up my spine, and knew they were looking for me.
Everyone was silent. It was as if everything was frozen. The Priest had his hand raised and mouth open, but he wasn’t moving. Nobody was moving, except for the men that were slowly approaching me. I looked at my mom, who was bent over Anna, smiling and was in mid action patting her belly.
How was this even possible?
I knew that they were after me, and nobody else. I knew they wouldn’t hurt anybody. So I stood up and walked to them, meeting them in the middle of the isle. I didn’t know where all this courage came from, but I was glad that it did.
“We’ve been looking for you, Maria White.” The guy in front said. I recognized him, the guy in the red base ball cap.
“Funny story.” Emma said, appearing in front of me out of thin air, pushing me behind her and held out a sword to the guy. His eyes widened in surprise. I wondered if my eyes resembled his.
“Let’s take this outside.” Emma said, and just like that, they all disappeared. Then all around me was set back into motion. The priest was back to his preaching. I was frozen with complete shock. I turned back to my family and sat down.
“Where’d you go?” My mom asked, not reading my expression thank God.
“Oh, bathroom.” She nodded, and went back to playing with the baby. I could not believe what just happened.

When we got home it was 6. After mass we went to a nearby park and me and Jake played Frisbee for an hour. I had a few bucks in my pocket, and they were renting bikes for five dollars for the whole day. So I rented two for me and Jake and we biked around the park. It was really fun, and the park was extremely beautiful. We raced around and I almost forgot about what happened back at the Church.
Almost.
I was completely whipped out and plopped down on my bed. I stared up at the blank white ceiling, wishing I could be in the Caribbean or somewhere warm right now. I miss the feeling of the hot sun, even though I barley felt it. Last summer we went to Disney World in Florida during the fall. It was much warmer than New York, but the sun barley came out.
Caught up in my thoughts, I almost didn’t see something in the corner of my room. Or should I say someone.
Shocked with fear, I began to scream. Emma stepped out of the corner and covered my mouth and laughed.
“Maria it’s just me. I just came by to check on you. Where were you all afternoon?” She took her hand off of my mouth and rose a perfect eyebrow.
“I ah, was at the park riding bikes with my brother. How did you get in?” I asked, confused. Emma shrugged.
“It’s a long story. But it looks like your all right, so I’m just gonna go.” She walked to my door.
“Emma! What about my parents?” I mean, wouldn’t they see her?
“No, they won’t see me.” She winked, and disappeared. I’m getting sick of that.
Frustrated I banged my fist on the wall, instantly regretting it cause it hurt.
“What’s with you?” Jake said, walking into my room.
“Jake! You can’t just walk into my room like that!” I pushed him out and he raised his hands.
“Look I’m sorry. Jesh, you’re being so grouchy lately.” He shook his head and walked down the stairs. I clenched my teeth and slammed my door. I sat on the edge of my bed, fighting angrily against the tears which were rolling down my cheeks.
This was so frustrating. Not getting answers. Seeing Emma appear and disappear out of thin air in front of me. Having freaky men stalk me. I hated it. Not knowing anything.
I’m going to get answers. Even if it means spying.

Emma

“So let me get this straight. The dude we saw in the red base ball cap is stalking Maria?” Kevin asked, incredulously. I simply nodded.
“Yes. I told you that already.”
“And it wasn’t just him, it was about six others?” He asked, clenching his fists.
“Um yeah. But I took care of them. And made sure she was okay.”
“And she is okay?” He asked, actually questioning me. I looked at him with hard eyes. He relaxed a little and closed his eyes.
“Ok, sorry.” He sat back down on his white couch. We were in his apartment, I came here after I left Maria’s. Kevin was freaking out and I had to calm him down before he did anything stupid.
“Hey mind if I crash here tonight?” I already knew the answer, but it was still polite to ask. Kevin shrugged.
“Sure why not? The guess room is empty.” He turned on the TV and switched to ESPN. I smiled, and walked to his kitchen, and groaned when I looked inside his fridge.
“Kevin you have nothing.” I stood up, tapping my foot. I was starving.
“I ordered pizza about a half an hour ago. It should be here soon.” He said over the TV. My stomach growled and I clenched it.
I couldn’t help but to wonder what he was doing right now. I bet he was with Lucifer, talking about dark stuff. I shivered, and left the kitchen to sit with Kevin, even though I hated watching sports. Basketball was on, and Kevin seemed into it.
My cell phone rang, Amber’s picture showing on the screen.
“Hey girlfriend.” I said, and Kevin groaned.
“Hey girlfriend! Me and Zack are on our way now. Do we need to stop off and get something?” She asked, her voice growing excited.
“Yes! Kevin has nothing! Get something to drink, preferably something alcoholic, and some popcorn. Oh! Get some movies! Let’s have a freaking movie night!” I said excitedly. Kevin turned the volume up louder.
“Omg! That sounds awesome! Ok I’ll do that. Kisses!” She said and hung up. I snatched the remote out of Kevin’s hand and turned the volume down. He grinned.
“Ya’ll are super annoying on the phone. You talk way too loud.” He nudged my foot with his. I rolled my eyes and pulled my legs underneath me.
“It was a joke!”
“Yea so is your face!” Then we picked up the pillows from the couch and started smacking each other with it. We rolled on the floor, laughing. I picked up my pillow, and playfully hit him with it. He grabbed it and threw it across the room. I laughed again, tears were building up from laughing too hard. There was a knock on the door and we both jumped up.
“I’ll get it!” We said at the same time and I pushed him down and jumped over the couch, but in mid air he grabbed my foot and pulled me back. I smacked his arm and he climbed over me and to the door. I raced to him and tackled him to the ground. Laughing I reached up to open the door. The pizza man was there, looking at us with annoyed eyes. I pulled out my wallet and smacked a twenty on his open palm.
“Keep the change.” I said, wrestling Kevin with my legs to keep him on the floor, and taking the two pizza boxes with my hands.
“Hey!” He yelled, and I got off of him and shut the door. I heard the Pizza man shuffling down the stairs, mumbling something.
Kevin bounced up, taking the two boxes from my hands. He shook his head and opened the first box and took out three pieces. My stomach growled again and he laughed.
“Feed the Emma!” He grinned and plopped back down on the couch. The room was now a mess, and I really hated messes. I’m such a clean freak I know.
After I straightened up the room, I ate 4 pieces of cheese pizza. And it was so good.
There were three sharp knocks on the door, and then it clicked open. How Amber was able to locked open doors without using keys or picket knives I had no idea, but it was a cool trick. She strolled in, with a huge grin on her face. Zack came in after, caring a million bags. He looked slightly annoyed, but his face brightened when his brother came over to take the bags and give him a bear hug. I loved to see that, them being actual brothers.
“Emmy!” Zack yelled and raced over to me. He gave me a huge hug, making sure to squeeze me tightly. I laughed and hugged him back.
“Good to see you Zacky.” I said, rolling my eyes. He let go so Amber could hug me too.
“So, I got that new Angelina Jolie movie, and some other cool looking movies. Zack was dying to see the new Iron Man movie, so he forced me to buy it on bootleg. But we should have a good time. I bought strawberry soda, your fav I know. I bought coke in glass bottles for the guys.” She let go and went over to the TV. I went to the kitchen and took out the strawberry soda. Oh, by the way, even though alcohol doesn’t have any effect on us, we hate it. It smells bad, and tastes bad. So when I say “alcohol” I mean soda, haha. Don’t know why, it’s just a joke between me and Amber. But I have to admit, wine isn’t that bad. I actually think it tastes really good. The others don’t agree.
I poured the strawberry soda in a glass cup full of ice. It smelled so good. I chugged it down, and had to poor another can in. Then I sat down on the couch, and we all watched Salt, with Angelina Jolie in it. It was incredible.
All night we watched movies and played twister. Zack was always the one to win, because he cheated. But it was a blast either way. I loved nights like these, when all we did was be kids again. It was just like old times.
When the clock struck 3 AM, Zack and Amber decided to bounce. We weren’t tired at all, but most likely we will be in the morning. School tomorrow.
I groaned when I realized I didn’t have any clothes here.
“What’s wrong?” Kevin asked tiredly as we climbed his stairs to the bedrooms.
“Oh nothing, I just have to wake up extra early to go get clothes for school.” I said, groaning again.
“Just come to school late.” Kevin suggested.
“This is why I love you Kevin.” I said and he laughed. He went to his bedroom, and I went to the guest room which was right next to his. I kept the door open and took off my shirt and shorts. The bed was soft and warm, and I fell asleep instantly.
Dreams always get the best of me. I was standing alone in a dark cold forest. Well at least I thought I was alone. I was holding a cold, lifeless hand.
“When are you going to ask me to marry you?” My voice spoke without my command. I realized that this was a memory, but instead of the happy Justin I knew back then, he was replaced by the cold lifeless Justin I know now. Inside, I was screaming. This was one of our happiest memories, and now subconscious was putting a twist to it.
“If you would wait, I’d get to that.” Instead of the playful voice he had back then, this voice was cold and emotionless.
“I love you so much. I can’t wait.” I leaned on his shoulder, squeezing his hand. I smiled and kissed his arm. I guess it was one of those dreams where you were trapped in somebody else’s body, and had to do what they did. In real life I was probably crying in my sleep.
“Patience, love.” Inside I was completely breaking into pieces, but my face smiled bigger, as he leaned down to kiss me. I wanted to push him away but my body melted into his. I remembered this kiss as one of the most passionate, but now it changed to cold and lifeless. I couldn’t stop it, even though I wanted to. He held me softly, but strongly. He caressed my back and my arms. The dream was shifting back to the original memory. Instead of a dark forest, we were standing in a beautiful forest, the leaves of the trees were turning colors. It was fall. I wore a pretty white dress, and he wore a lose white button shirt, and gray trousers. I always loved him in white. Instead of him being cold, he turned back to happy and alive. His face was so heartbreakingly beautiful, full of life and love. This was the face that made my heart squeeze and brought the happy tears to my eyes. The kiss became beautiful and passionate. Our hearts were beating at the same pace, and our breath was coming in fast. His lips smiled against mine, and I brushed my finger tips on his cheek. I stared into his eyes, as he pulled back ever so slightly.
“Emma Almond, will you marry me?”
I sat up in bed, my heart racing, and tears rolling down my cheek. I gripped my chest and closed my eyes. I was shaking so bad, and I shook my head back and forth.
His beautiful happy brown eyes haunted me for the rest of the night.

Maria

I groaned, stretching. My body ached, my head hurt, and my eyes felt heavy. I spent the majority of my night on the computer, searching all sorts of paranormal and out of this world stuff. I didn’t find anything I didn’t already know.
Mondays really suck. Fourth of April, time is ticking down to my birthday. A wave of nervousness rolled in the bottom of my stomach. I can’t help but feel that something big is going to happen that day.
So, there’s possibilities that Emma was either a vampire, a werewolf, a ferry, a witch, or an angel. I’m leaning on the angel idea. Something about Emma just seemed angelic. But then again, vampires are supposed to look like angels. So maybe she’s an angel.
Who knows? Maybe she’s all of the above. Whatever she was, I was finding out today. How? Don’t know yet. But I was going to.
The bus ride to school was quite, the usual. I sipped on the tea I made for myself, some mixed berry stuff. It was ok.
When I arrived at the bus stop to the school, Sarah was waiting for me, with a huge smile on her face. I fought the urge to roll my eyes.
“Hey babe!” She said, hugging me. I didn’t hug back.
“Where were you yesterday?” I asked, not looking at her.
“Oh I was uh, in a bad mood. But anyways! I got a loads worth of gossip!”
So I guess she was talking to me again.
The whole walk to the school she was telling me about how some guy named Ryan cheated on his girlfriend Jessica, but they are still together. I wasn’t really paying attention.
“-And OMG! Justin and Emma are so breaking up. And girl let me tell you, she is so not feeling bad about it. She’s already moving on to Kevin! She was just-“
“Did you say Kevin?!” I felt all the color drain from my face.
“Um ya! You Didn’t hear? They were caught holding hands in Central Park. I mean, I totally knew they would get together. They were always supper close and…..” I let her drift off. That couldn’t be right. Kevin and Emma were like brother and sister.
But then again, they were super close….
“Um hello?! Maria did you hear that? James the sexy ass jock likes you! That’s kind of the reason I didn’t talk to you yesterday. Sorry about that by the way. But Omg he never stops talking about you at the lunch table! He thinks your way hot!” She grabbed my shoulders to shake me. I still wasn’t really paying attention.
“Earth to Maria!”
“Yes! Ok! What do I do?” I tried to look interested, but honestly James was just a stupid cocky jock. I didn’t find him attractive at all.
“Go for it! Talk to him at lunch girl!” She squealed.
“Alright sure whatever.” I said as I opened my locker. Any minute now Kevin and Emma would walk down the hall. And I didn’t want to be there for it.
Half way through the day I managed to stay completely away from Kevin and Emma. I didn’t see them once. But lunch was coming up next, and I had to follow them. They always disappeared at lunch, so I was going to follow them. I was going to have to suck up my jealousy. I still couldn’t believe that Kevin and Emma are together.
I roamed the halls, looking for them. They weren’t anywhere on the first or second floor. Something told me to go to the third floor, but that was for teachers only. I could check out the gardens, but I just had one of those feelings that they weren’t going to be there.
So I swallowed my fear, got in an elevator, and went up to the third floor. My heart was racing.
When the elevator doors opened, I stepped out and heard voices. I crouched behind a plant, and sure enough, Emma, Kevin, Amber, and Zack were standing outside a door, arguing. Emma held up her finger to Zack, and he grinned. The door opened, and Emma stepped in first. Justin wasn’t there, and Zack had a hand wrapped around Emma’s waist. Jealousy hit me in the stomach, and I grinned my teeth together.
I waited until the door was closed solidly behind them, and tiptoed to it. I leaned on the door, listening in.
“-And Emma you cannot just barge into her house! You could scare her! We are not supposed to be intruding on her transformation! She must do this on her own!” A teacher like voice came from the door.
“Yeah so, when you got a group of maybe 10 followers after her, you’re supposed to just let her die? I don’t think so.” Emma said icily. I imagined her crossing her arms against her chest, and sticking her foot out the side, the way she always did when she was pissed.
“I agree with Emma. Something’s after her, and it’s intentions aren’t good.” I heard Kevin said. His voice gave me nervous butterflies.
“Well-“
“Shhhh…. We aren’t alone.” Emma said. My eyes widened, and I ran as quietly to the elevator as I can. How did she know I was there? That is impossible.
But then again, the word impossible has been taking a stand in my life lately.
I walked a little shakily down the hall. I was getting my books and then calling my mom to come pick me up. I couldn’t stand another second in this school.
“Maria!” Someone said from behind of me. I groaned, thinking it was Kevin or somebody that was in the room talking with Emma. I turned, and saw James jogging towards me.
“Oh, uh, hi.” I said and returned to taking the books from my locker. He leaned on the side of the locker next to me, looking as cocky as ever. Of course he wore his Elenora Foot Ball Jacket. I didn’t try to not roll my eyes.
“So I was thinking, that maybe me and you can go to the movies this Friday?”
I almost barfed. But guess who was coming around the corner holding hands with Emma?
So of course my pride took the best of me.
“I would love to. What movie?” I bashed my eyelashes at him, and gave him a grand smile. He looked a little dazed.
“Uh… How bout that new one… I think it’s about aliens or something.” He scratched the back of his head, looking a little surprised. I guess he thought I was going to reject him. Jewels must of got to him before he came to me.
I looked back at Kevin and Emma. Emma was talking dramatically about something, but he just stared intently at me. His eyes looked angry. I felt smug inside.
“That sounds great. Pick me up at…?”
“6. The movies start at 7, and considering the half an hour drive to the city so.”
“Can’t wait.” I smiled again, and he nodded. Kevin was clenching his fist. What happens next should make him twice as angry.
I pulled James jacket, pulling him closer to me. James had a sly smile on his face, and he leaned down. I tip toed so that I could kiss him on the cheek, and as I did I looked directly at Kevin. His eyes bugged out, and Emma’s mouth dropped open. I smiled, and broke away from James.
“See ya Friday.” I said, and James nodded. His eyes were sparkling and he seemed a little out of breath. I just kissed your cheek, no need to have a freaking heart attack.
I turned away to walk towards the office.
Now, everything I just did was now sinking in. Why did I just do that?! I wasn’t even thinking! I never do things like that. I think that maybe somebody took over my body. Now I have a spend almost 5 hours with James! I think I’m going to die.
Not to mention the look on Kevin’s face. And Emma’s. She looked like she just saw her Grandmother naked. My face instantly flared when I remembered her face. Oh my God! What did I do?!

Emma

“-And who was that asshole? Who does he think he is? What’s Maria doing with him? I don’t believe this, this is insane. I think I’m dreaming. I’m dreaming, right Emma? I mean I have to!....” I let him trail off in his outrage while I rolled my eyes and sucked my lollipop. Yeah, what just happened was kind of crazy, but hey what the hell? Maria is one beautiful, single girl. Have some fun with it, that’s what I think. Kevin can think that she’s out of her mind, but if I were in her shoes, I’d have about twelve different boyfriends at the same time, what with that beautiful straight brown hair, pretty blue eyes, dam I could get any guy I wanted.
Well hello? I can get any guy I wanted. Even the freaking president if I wanted. But I’m still caught up in…. Well you know.
“-And. And… I just don’t know!” Kevin threw his hands up in the air frustratingly, and I patted his head. Wearing 6 inch stilettos, I stand the same height of Kevin’s 6’3. I grinned.
“Kev, listen. She’s just having fun. Let her do what she has to do, before her birthday. That’s what I would do.” I mumbled the last part, wishing I had done that before my fifteenth birthday. But no, I was crazy in love with a guy I hadn’t even met.
“Speaking of which, any more reads on her?”
“Nope.” I said as I got in my black Mestang. I closed the door, and smiled up at Kevin’s angry face. I waved, and pulled out of the parking lot. We got to use the teacher’s parking lot on the side of the School, so we didn’t have to walk that long walk through the forest. I sped down the winding road through the forest. I had no idea where I was going, but all I wanted to do was drive faraway. My chest felt heavy, and I knew it was all going to come crashing down soon.
I turned on the radio, trying to get my mind off of things. I drove out of New York’s state border, and down the east side of the oceans border. Looking out at the water, I smiled. I pulled off and leaned over the railing. I breathed in the salty scent, and let the breeze play with my hair.
Being out here, helped me breathe easier. It helped me feel whole again.
“It’s nice out here.” I must of jumped ten feet in the air. Standing beside me was Justin, grin on his face.
“Yeah… It is.” I refused to look him in the eye.
“So…”
“So.” There was an awkward silence after that, and then his arms were around me. He held me from behind, so that we were both still facing the water. He muzzled my neck, kissing gently. My eyes were closed then, not able to fight him back now. I hadn’t realized how much I missed the touch of his skin on mine. It felt so good.
“I missed you.” He murmured against my cheek.
“Well, that’s not my fault. You’re the one…” I wasn’t able to finish.
“I know.” He spun me around so that I was looking in his eyes. The water was reflecting in them, making them sparkle. My heart clenched.
“I wish Emma…” He looked at the ocean, searching for words. “I wish I could tell you… Why. Why I’m doing this. But I just…. Can’t.” He closed his eyes, his face was frustrated and sad. I hooked my finger on his chin, making him look down at me. I smiled, and kissed him slowly. He kissed me back, desperately. We were both thirsty for each other. He pressed my back, so that there was no space between us. I gripped his hair, pulling him down towards me. I wish it would never end. I knew that soon he was going to have to leave again. I couldn’t let him go just yet.
“Emma…” He murmured.
“Please, don’t go.” I ran my hand through his hair, feeling the tears building and the lump in my throat growing.
“I have to, but not yet.” He squeezed his eyes shut.
“Let’s go home.” I said, holding his face in my hands. He opened his eyes, and the sparkled.
“That sounds like a good idea.” He smiled, and kissed my cheek. We walked back to the car, holding hands. I sat at the driver’s seat, and he took shotgun.
He took my hand in his, and kissed each knuckle, sending electric waves throughout my body. I’m going to miss this so much. I regret ever taking these moments in the past for granted, thinking that it was never going to end.
We had stop off and get gas. He got out of the car to fill up the tank, and I leaned back in my seat, smile on my face.
“Babe, look up.” He sent me. I looked up, and the clouds were growing. We were in some small town in Maryland I think, and I remembered the weather man saying that Maryland was going to see a lot of sun today.
I looked at him, and his eyes were sad. He had to go.
And just like that, he disappeared.
I didn’t even have time to say goodbye.

Maria

I groaned, putting on my makeup. It’s Friday the eighth, and James should be here soon.
I picked out dark jeans, a turquoise ting top, and a gray cardigan. I wore little gold hoops, and my cross necklace. I thought I looked nice.
Our door bell rang, and I groaned again.
I walked slowly down the stairs, dreading each step.
“Maaaarrrriiiiiiiiiaaaa! James is here!” Jake called out from the door. He had his arms crossed over his chest, emphasizing his muscles. I rolled my eyes and pushed him out of the way.
“Hi.” I forced myself to smile at James, who was wearing a black long sleeved tee shirt, and ripped up jeans.
“Hey.” He breathed and smiled. Again I so wanted to role my eyes.
“Well, bye mom bye dad!” I called, and let him escort me to his white truck. Ew, I hate trucks.
“Ready?” He asked. I really couldn’t stand the way he looked at me. Like I was some kind of prize
“Sure.”
The movie was actually great. It was about aliens taking over and all that. I enjoyed it.
Half way through the movie, the doors bolted open, filling the room with dim light. I froze, the hairs on my neck standing up. I knew who was walking through those doors.
The men dressed in black.
I got up, without notifying James. But it didn’t matter, for everyone was frozen again. Except for me, and except for the men approaching me. I ran to the emergency door, and ran straight into Kevin.
“What are you doing here?” I demanded. He looked around, and kept his hands gripped on my arms.
“Looking for you.” He smirked. I rolled my eyes.
“Yeah where’s Emma?” I asked, raising my eyebrows. He looked confused.
“Oh please, don’t play stupid-“
“Don’t have time for this. Let’s go.” He pulled me to a black fancy car, and my mouth dropped.
“I’m here on a date.” I said, trying to break away from his strong hold. It was useless.
“I know.” He sat me in the passenger side, and buckled me in.
“I can fasten my own seat belt thank you very much.” He ignored me and climbed in the driver’s seat. The car started fastly, and soon we were zooming away from the theater. The MIB were nowhere in sight. I breathed out a sigh of relief.
“You ok?” He asked, turning up the heat in the car. I was fighting back tears now so, no I wasn’t ok. But of course, I didn’t let him know it.
“Yeah, fine.” He nodded, and sped throughout the city.
“You know where you’re going?” I asked, but I already knew the answer.
“Mhm.”
The rest of the drive to my house was quiet. I kept to my thoughts, guessing he was to.
We arrived at my house in half the time James did.
“Bye.” I said, as I climbed out of his nice car. He nodded, turning up the radio a little bit. He made me so frustrated in confused. First he comes in saving my life, and then he acts like he barely knows I’m there.
I walked up my stairs, everyone was already asleep. I climbed in bed, and fell asleep instantly.

Emma

I didn’t know where I was driving to until I reached my destination. The tears were streaming angrily down my face.
I fucking hate this. Why, why is this happening?
I drove to the little dock me and Justin discovered years ago. We came here a lot on Sundays, and watched the stars.
I slammed on the brakes, and leaned on the steering wheel and cried the hardest that I had ever cried. I hated to cry, but now I couldn’t help it. It made me feel so selfish and vulnerable.
“You’re not even close to being selfish.” Kevin said from the passenger seat. I jumped, hitting my head on the roof of the car.
“Kevin, don’t transport in my car again please.”
“I was worried about you, so I came here.” He said simply.
“Yeah well, you found me. Now it’s your turn to hide. I’ll start counting.”
“What’s going on?” He asked, raising his eyebrows. I stayed silent, pressing my lips together in a tight line. I didn’t want to talk about it. I really, really didn’t.
“Fine, don’t talk about it. Let me drive you home.” I nodded and climbed over to the passenger side. He was already out of the car and walking around to the driver’s side.
He drove me all the way to my condo. He parked in the underground parking lot, and walked me to the elevator.
“If you need anything-“
“I’ll call you.” I finished for him. He nodded, and I noticed he was a bit hyped up.
“What happened?” It was my turn to ask the questions
“Followers found Maria, and I took her home from the movies. Ms. Wallace is watching over her now, and Zack took care of the followers.” I felt my mouth drop and eyes widen.
“Holly….”
“Yeah.” He looked stressed out to the max, and kept twisting his hands.
“Listen, you need to get home and sleep. I’m fine, Maria’s fine. You need to take a break.” I said, worrying about his condition. I could tell that he was about to explode with the stress. I don’t know what’s making him so stressed out, but he’s bad.
“Yeah, thanks Emmy.” He transported out of here, and I went to the elevator and pressed 25. I wasn’t expecting anyone to be there when I got in, so I wasn’t surprised to find the house empty.
Walking up the winding stairs to our room, I took down all the pictures. I went to my closet, and put them all in a box. In some ways, this was me sealing up everything in a box inside my heart.
My head was spinning by the time I was done. Our bedroom still had many pictures everywhere, but I decided that they should stay. I wasn’t coming back here anyways.
I put on indigo skinny jeans, black stilettos, a white strapless shirt, and a black jacket. I was going back to the club.
I walked in the club, and had to fight back the urge to beat up all the men who were watching the strippers. There was a different bar tender tonight, giving me a plus. I sat up on one of the bar chairs, and took off my jacket exposing my bare shoulders. The new bar tender’s eyebrows raised.
“Hey, fillin in for Chandler?” I asked, using my eyes to daze him.
“Uh, yeah. But he’s still here…” He pretended to make a drink, to avoid my eyes. Ah, hiding something are we?
“What’s he doing?” I was beginning to slip myself in his mind, but there was a block. Let’s see how strong it is.
“Don’t know.” He didn’t look up, just kept mixing a drink. He was human for sure, but he knew something, and somebody put a block in his mind. It was a strong block too.
“So, I heard this place goes by a different name.” I leaned into him, but again he didn’t look up. This was a tuff cookie.
“Oh yeah?” He turned to the sink to wash his hands, very slowly.
“Yeah, the underground.” He froze at my words, and turned around to face me.
“Get out.”
“No, don’t think I will.” But then, everyone in the club turned around to face me, and were morphing into demons. You heard that right. I rolled my eyes, time to blow this joint.
Literally.
I transported to the outside of the club, took out the two grenades from my jacket’s pocket, and threw them in the club. The club exploded, and I walked down the street with a huge smile on my face.
Take that, bitches.

Maria

Another sucky Monday morning. Jewels refused to talk to me, and James hated me. I know because, I got a very nice letter from him today in my locker. It said that I’m a selfish bitch and those kinds of things.
But guess what? I didn’t care at all. I never wanted to go out with James, so I’m glad he doesn’t like me anymore. It makes things so much more easier for me.
And of course, Kevin was acting like I didn’t even exist. He never even glanced at me, it was like I was invisible or something. It was driving me crazy.
First, he shows up saving me, and then he’s not talking to me. You can’t do that! It’s not fair!
So my day absolutely sucked. Everyone was ignoring me, and the depressing feelings came back.
Get a hold of yourself Maria.
It was Monday, April 12th. Two days until my birthday.
I wish I could freeze time like those scary men in black. The MIB. That’s what I’m going to call them for now on.
Only two more days. Wow.
My day passed by extremely slow. I cried a couple of times in the bathroom, but it was always a short cry. I was forcing myself to stay strong until I get home.
Just stay strong until I get home. Which will be in two more hours. I can do it.
I walked down the crowded hallway of the first floor to gym. Kevin and Emma were sitting outside on the lawn laughing. I watched as Emma put her head on his shoulder, and he put his arm around her.
No, I couldn’t do it.
I ran back down the hall, pushing people out of my way. I managed to hold back my tears until I reached a janitors closet.
I don’t know why it hurts so much, seeing Kevin and Emma together. I don’t even know Kevin that well. It’s just that, for this whole year, I watched him. I fell in love with his beautiful smile, and the way he walked. He was in my dreams constantly, and I thought of him when I drifted off into space in class.
So there, that’s why. It’s stupid I know, I mean he’s so out of my league and he barley knows I exist. I think I should just crawl in a cave and stay there forever.

Emma

Surprise, surprise! Justin didn’t show up at school again. Where ever he is, I hope he’s have a good time.
I know I wasn’t.
I was sitting on the grass with Kevin, talking about our most craziest dreams.
“-Actually one of my most craziest dreams happened last night. It was with Maria….” He trailed off, reading my expression. I grinned, and rose an eyebrow.
“Dirty dreams Kevin?” He rolled his eyes dramatically.
“No. Actually we were running from something, and my foot got stuck in something, and then there was this flash of bright light. She was screaming “Traitor!” or something like that. I have no idea.” He shook his head, confused.
“Sounds like you’re a traitor.” At that, he smacked my arm.
“Hey!” I punched his arm and he laughed.
“Alright, alright.” He laid back, hands behind his head, and gazed up at the clouds. I did the same, enjoying the light breeze. Summer was coming and New York was beginning to heat up. I had I feeling that this Summer was going to be brutally hot.
“You two, up. Emergency meet with the council.” Ms. Wallace stood above us, hands on her hips, and foot tapping. Me and Kevin looked at each other, and groaned.
“Come on! Can’t they do it without us?” I asked Ms. Wallace, and she just looked at me. That answers that questioned. I stood up, and took her hand. Kevin grabbed my shoulder, and then we all transported to the Council.
“-And not to mention all the followers we’ve been finding lately. There’s more and more everyday!” I heard Ada’s voice saying.
“Yes that is a problem.” Alistair said. I’m not a huge fan of Alistair, he was always looking at me like I was a problem child. He always put’s me down.
“Indeed it is.” I said as I plopped down on the first empty chair I found. We were sitting at a huge wooden table, probably around 500 years old.
“Thanks for joining us Ms. Hammett.” Alistair said to me, and I shrugged.
“Like I had a choice.”
“Emma.” Ms. Wallace warned. I rolled my eyes and leaned back in my chair.
“The reason why I called all of you here today is because, more and more of our members are disappearing and turning up on the wrong side. We aren’t sure how this is happening but-“
“I have an idea.” I said before he could finish. Ms. Wallace stared at me with cold eyes.
“Which is what, Ms. Hammett?” Alistair asked
“I go by Emma, thank you, and I have a pretty good idea that Lucifer is turning all those kids. He’s getting inside their heads, and doing what he’s famous for. I mean, it’s pretty dam obvious.”
“That’s completely impossible, we put up guards in their heads so that they are untouchable by Lucifer or any dark life forms.” Ada said.
“Well obviously they found a way to break through that.” Why are they being so stupid?
They were silent for a while, taking in my suggestion. I was right of course, but they are too hard headed to admit to it.
“Well, it is a possibility.” Sebastian said. I smiled at him, knowing that now everyone was going to agree. Sebastian is the smartest I suppose.
“Fine. It’s a possibility. An impossible possibility but still a possibility.” Alistair said, annoyed that I was winning. I don’t know why he hated me so much.
“Nothing’s impossible.”
“Emma, I will send you out.” Ms. Wallace glared at me. I grinned, and examined my manicure.
“Anyways, lets continue on with the meeting…” The rest of the meeting was insanely boring. All the same stuff I already knew. I think I fell asleep a couple of times.
At the end of the meeting Kevin transported us back to his condo.
“Crashing here tonight?” He asked, already knowing the answer.
“Yep.” We climbed the stairs up to the bedrooms, and he hugged me before I went to his guest bedroom.
I slept okay that night. I had a few unbearable dreams, but other than that I didn’t wake up once. I’m proud of myself.

Maria.

I wasn’t going to school today. I told my mom about how everybody hates me, and she let me stay home with the baby. Usually she takes Anna with her to work, but she left the pain in the butt with me.
I layed Anna down in her crib; she was fast asleep. I walked to my bed, and gazed out the window.
And I swear I saw a masked head staring at me.
I ran to Anna’s crib and pulled out my cell, but it was gone. I was shaking so hard, that instead of 911 it was 812. I closed the phone, and sunk down to the floor, my back against the crib.
I leaned my head on my knees, trying to calm down. I’m not sure if I was imagining the head, or if it was real.
Or if it was real.
I prayed. I prayed to whoever was listening for protection. I began to calm down, and picked up Anna. I walked down the stairs, and sat on the couch with her in my lap. I turned on the TV, and luckily a good movie was on.
Half an hour later, my door bell rang. I placed Anna’s blanket on the floor, and four pillows around it. I put Anna down slowly, and then went to the door.
Standing outside was Ms. Wallace. I recognized her instantly. I opened the door, and she exhaled.
“How are you, Maria?” She asked, raising her eyebrows.
“I’m fine…?”
“Good. May I come in?” I guess she could answer her own question, because she pushed me out of the way and stepped in my house.
“Um, excuse-“
“Let me check your house.” I’m not sure what happened, but I was nodding. It was like she put a control spell on me.
She was controlling my mind.
She disappeared up the stairs for about five seconds, then came back down stairs and smiled. I was still frozen in spot.
“Well, bye now.” She walked out to her car, and sped off.
“Bye.” I chocked out.

Emma

Ah, living the glamorous life.
Amber and I were driving around in her SUV with the roof down throughout the city. We were blasting songs and singing at the top of our lungs to all the ones we knew.
People were watching of course.
We ditched school today and went shopping. And, my God, I love shopping with Amber.
“Where to next?” She asked over the radio
“Gucci!” She high fived me, and she zoomed off to the closest Gucci.
“Oh wait, turn down the radio, Kevin’s calling.” Amber nodded and turned down the radio so that it was just in the background.
“You’ve reached Emma. State your name please.”
“Em, this is serious. Maria didn’t show up at school today, and I’m worried.”
“You sound worried. Me and Amber will stop by to check on her, don’t worry Kevy.” I hung up, not wanting to hear him panic.
“Check on who?” Amber asked a little annoyed
“Maria.” She rolled her eyes, and turned the car around in mid traffic and hopped on the other side of the highway. Cars were beeping angrily, and she stuck up her middle finger. Typical Amber.
We got to Maria’s house in record time, and we both bounded up her side walk to her front door.
Just as I was going to ring the door bell, she swung the door open, her face angry.
“Are you here to barge in and take a look at my house too?” She crossed her hands over her chest.
“Whoa, no honey. Just checking in…” I said, lifting my hands. She rolled her eyes.
“Sure.”
“Who was just here?” Amber asked. Funny, I was about to ask the same question. Maria directed her angry glare towards Amber. Jesh what’s with her.
“Ms. Freaking Wallace.” She slammed the door in our faces.
“Well.” I said as I smoothed my hair.
“Seems like Ms. Freaking Wallace beat us to the punch.” Amber said as she walked back to the car. I looked back at Maria’s front door, debating whether or not I should break it down. I shook my head, and went back to the car. Amber drove off, leaving a trail of dust behind us.
“They really should consider paving this dam road.” She said as she swerved in and out of pot holes.
“I kinda like it. It reminds me of old times.” She looked at me like I said something lame. I shrugged and took out my phone and sent Kevin a text explaining Ms. Wallace was already there checking on her, then I shut off my phone.
We finally got to Gucci, and I instantly went to the side with the club dresses. Amber went to the opposite side, to the jeans.
I picked out four dresses. My total was 3,000. And I used Justin’s credit card.
“It’s okay, by the way.” He said, leaning over my shoulder looking at the recite. I rolled my eyes and nudged him in the ribs with my elbow.
“Good I’m glad.” I spun around and ducked away from his arms. I walked fastly out of the store and outside on the sidewalk.
“Where are you going?”
“Away from you.” Silence. Good, I hope that hurt him
“I gotta go.” His voice was soft and sad.
“Bye.” I said uncaringly. But I did care, and he knew it.
And he was gone.

Maria

“Maria you look a little shaken up. Did something happen while I was gone?” My mom said over cleaning the dishes. Tonight’s dinner was a healthy left over of meatloaf. Ew.
“Nah. I’m just worried about school tomorrow.” It wasn’t a total lie.
“Don’t worry Mara, I’m sure Jewels will talk to you again. She always does.” She looked at me with confident eyes.
“Yeah.” I rolled my eyes and went upstairs to my bedroom.
Tomorrow is my birthday.

Emma

“-and what is incredible about this, is that the police have no leads on who did it. It’s the first bombing after 9/11 but not as big, but people are begging to get worried. What if it’s a message from the terrorist that they could make another blow but bigger and that was just a warning-“ Kevin shut off the TV.
“Emma, sometimes I think you’re out of your God dammed mind.” He shook his head slowly.
“She is out of her mind.” Zack said from the cross the room. I picked up the clicker and flung it at his head. It hit him square in the jaw.
“Just saying.” He shrugged. I rolled my eyes and got up.
“Well, if everyone thinks I’m out of my God dammed mind, I might as well leave.” I slammed the door on the way out. Like they know why I did it.
It did cause a lot of attention though. I mean, I could’ve just whipped them out by sword and then clean up the scene. But that would’ve took too long. And this way, I’m sending a message to Lucy that I’m not afraid.
At all.
In fact, I’m ready to blow up every single one of the entrance ways into hell. I know where every single one of them are thanks to Justin. He was carelessly thinking about it, and I just so happened to be listening in. I could go right now if I wanted to, to all the entrance ways and destroy them.
But I won’t, cause Kevin thinks I’m out of my God dammed mind. If only he knew why.
“All of the entrance ways are heavily guarded.” Justin appeared in the elevator beside me. I groaned.
“Obviously the club wasn’t guarded heavily. It took me two seconds to destroy it.” At that, he didn’t say anything.
“Why do you keep appearing in and out of my life when it’s a waste of time?”
“I rather waste my time with you than with anyone else.” He reached for my hands. I pulled them back.
“No, Justin. No.” The elevator doors opened, and I walked out slowly
“Emma, I’ll be home this week.” He grabbed my hand and pulled me toward him. He kissed me, and I tried so hard to fight with myself to stop the kiss. But I couldn’t
“Will you be at school tomorrow?” I asked, pulling away.
“No. But I will be on Wednesday.” He kissed my forehead.
“Alright.” I pulled away from him, but kept a hold on his hand.
“I’ll walk you to your car, I guess.” He said and put his arm tightly around me.
When I got the car, he kissed me one last time, and transported back to wherever he goes.
I had to fight back the tears on the way home.

Maria

Time passes by slower when you’re waiting for something to happen. I was waiting for today.
It’s the 14th of April, my birthday.
I looked at the clock, and it read 12 AM.
I took three long breathes, centering myself. Letting myself get overwhelmed while all alone is most defiantly not a good idea.
Why are you doing this to yourself Maria? You just drive yourself insane. And now you’re talking to yourself. Really?
“You’re not talking to yourself young one.” The sweet voice sang into my head.
“Who are you?” I asked, hoping to God that I wasn’t losing my mind.
“You aren’t losing your mind. I am your Guardian Angel. Raziel, angel of mysteries.” She said in her graceful tone.
“Raziel…… I like that name.”
“I thought you would dear. Now, why are you so upset?”
“I guess as my Guardian Angel you can pick up on my feelings cant you?” I felt kinda exposed, but in a good way.
“No, that’s private. I pick up on your brain functions and when you need my help.” Her beautiful sweet voice whispered in my mind, giving me the feeling that I am safe.
“Well…. I guess I feel really alone and just…. I don’t know. Like I’m losing my mind. All this is incredibly unreal.”
“You don’t have to feel alone. For I am always beside you. And you are not losing your precious mind. You are simply changing. Have no fear, for you shall meet someone very special soon.”
“Raziel, you promise that you’ll always be with me?”
“Of course my dear. You are my young one.” I saw a beautiful women in my head smiling down at me, with beautiful graceful mysterious wings upon her back. That would be my angel.
“Sleep my precious. It’s very late. You need your rest.” Like she could tell the future, I yawned and grew very tired.
“Thank you, Raziel. Thank you so much.” I felt so happy. I wasn’t alone. This was all real. This is really happening.
“Good Night young one.” I drifted into sleep, and dreamt of me traveling the world to all my favorite places. It was a fabulous dream, until everything shifted to a different dream
In this dream, I was all alone. I had chains drapped over me. Black, burning, and pure evil chains that held me to the dark cold ground. I didn’t feel pain, even though I did feel the hot chains and cold ground, but there was no pain. What I felt, was cold fear. I knew I had to get out, or I would die.
“Die.” The evil voice whispered darkly into my mind. It gave me shivers and the hair on my arms stood up. Panic pulsed through me. He was coming. He was standing right behind me, his dagger in hand. Ready for the kill. But before he could strike, an angel came, and took her sword and cut my chains.
But it wasn’t Raziel, it was Kevin. He fought the devil with a fierce face, determined to save me. He would never give up.
“But one shall fall.” Lucifer smiled, and plunged his sword in Kevin’s heart. Kevin fell, the light from his eyes fading
“NO!” I screamed and sat straight up. I looked around me, and realized that I was dreaming.
“Raziel?” I asked.
“What is it, Maria?!” She seemed to be worried, and frightened.
“Sorry, just had a bad dream. It’s nothing.” I was embarrassed that I disturbed her for something like that.
“Young one, you have not disturbed me. Do not fret.” I nodded and glanced at the clock. It read 7:30 so I decided that I needed to start getting ready for school. Today is Friday, and I’m planning on spending my afternoon in the library.
“That sounds like a good idea.” I laughed at what she said, and went to my closet. We were so alike in so many ways. The library is perfect for a person like me. Quiet, plenty of books to read, and peace. I picked out a flowered skirt and white ting top. I felt like being free today.
I ran my fingers through my hair and let it go flat, for its way to straight for brushing, and oddly, my hair looks amazing when I wake up. I think it’s a gift from God.
After I was done getting ready I ran downstairs, careful not to wake Anna as I passed by her crib. I don’t want to be the one to handle her this morning. When I got downstairs, I fixed me a bowl of cereal, and slammed it in 4 bites. Where is all this hunger coming from? I had to fix me two more bowls before I was satisfied. Lately I had to have at least 4 helpings of each meal before I was full. So strange. Plus I’ve been so tired lately. I’ve been sleeping in every class. Not to mention all the joint pains and headaches. God what is wrong with me?
Three things were reeling around in my head. What happened yesterday with Ms. Wallace and Emma, The MIB and what they could possibly want from me, and the fact that today was my birthday. My head was spinning really fast.
I walked out to the end of the driveway and stared down the empty road. I lived on the outskirts of New York, and rode the bus to school every day. My parents aren’t what you would call ‘rich’ in fact, I grew up mostly in poverty. My parents had to get food stamps because they were so broke. It’s a little better now, since Dad has a job in the city, but we are barely making it. I wish everything would get better.
My house was very small. 3 bedrooms in all, a small cramp kitchen, 2 bathrooms, and barely a living room. Everything in the house is two times smaller than average, and it’s very cramped. My older brother Sam gets his own room, and I share the other room with Anna, my 6 month old baby sister, and yes I am the one who has to handle her at night when she wakes up crying. But I love my life. I have an amazing family, and everything I need. I know that somewhere in the world someone has it way worse than me, so I have no right to feel sorry for myself.
I heard the bus coming around the corner, and I picked up my backpack from the ground. I gripped my cross, a present from my grandmother and prayed for the strength to go on. Here we go.
I got on the bus and took my usual seat in the very front. Not that many kids ride my bus, so my mornings were quiet. That was nice.
We arrived at school, and I walked slowly to my locker on the second floor. I had to take the steps because all the other kids were using the elevators. I had no time for waiting. I walked up the stairs, every bone in my body hurting immensely. When I got to the top it took everything I had to not collapse on the floor. How am I supposed to make it to homeroom? I walked out to the empty halls, and realized that homeroom already passed. I’m going to be very late, and I have no excuse. I leaned over on the wall, and tried to breathe evenly, but the pain was way too strong.
“Hey, are you okay?” A strong voice asked, full of worry. I looked up and was shocked to see Kevin standing in front of me, with huge scared eyes. I was shocked, and tried to think of something not so weird to say. Now he was talking to me? And why does he look so dam worried? I thought he didn’t know I existed. Except when…
I needed help.
“Yeah, I mean, just growing pains or something. I’ll get over it.” I leaned over, feeling like I was about to hurl. Ug, he is so confusing.
“When’s your fifteenth birthday?!” He asked, putting one hand on the wall and the other on my shoulder, bracing me. I looked up confused.
“Today….?” I said out of breath. His breath stopped, and I looked up to see his eyes wide with shock.
“Oh my God. We got to get you out of here now.” He scooped me up in his arms and raced me to the elevator
“Who is your Angel?” He demanded, but I was too shocked and only aware of the fact that I was in his arms. His strong, beautiful arms…..
“Er……. What?” I looked up into his eyes, but suddenly there was a horrible pain in my back and I had to stifle a scream in his chest. It took me a moment to realize that I was clenching his shirt with all my might to keep me from screaming.
“Your Angel. Who is it?” He asked urgently. Comprehension broke in. I should’ve known. Of course he’s one of them. Emma said “only people like us.” She meant her Kevin, Justin, Zack, and all of her friends.
“Raziel.” I said through my teeth. A splitting headache struck my head, and I groaned.
“I’ll take you to her.” He said, and then it felt like we were flying, and then we were in a garden. He laid me on a bench and held my hand as the pain grew even more powerful. This time, I did scream. It was becoming too much. It felt like I was dying. I wish I was dead already. This was the worst pain I ever felt. When I opened my eyes to search for Kevin, I found that I was surrounded by blackness that was swallowing me up.
“It will all be over soon, Maria. Stay with me! Find yourself! Find Raziel! Stay with her! She will guide you through! Stay with her Maria!” I heard Kevin’s voice shouting at me, but I was too far away to answer him. I was losing, I knew I was.
“Maria, follow me.” Raziel appeared in the darkness like a star, showing me the way. It took all that I had to take only one step forward.
“You have to do it Maria!” She beckoned me to follow her. I took another step.
“Maria, I believe in you.” Kevin’s voice whispered in my mind. That gave me courage. His voice gave me the strength to keep going. I followed Raziel deeper and deeper into the darkness, when a new voice came. A voice that raises the hair on my arm. A voice that frightens me to my soul.
“You’ll never make it.” He snickered in my mind. He made me feel so weak, so powerless.
“Don’t listen to him Maria! Follow me!” But there he was. Lucifer. Standing beside me. He shook his head and laughed
“Give up now child, it’s worthless.” His eyes became snake like
“No Maria! Look at me!” Raziel screamed. She reached out to me and I looked into her eyes, looking desperately for something to help me. Her eyes shined with grace and pure good. I realized, that Lucifer was only there to pull me back with words. He will never hurt me. I took a step forward
“You’re making a mistake. She’s not who you think she is.” He tried to get through to me, but I pushed him away and stepped closer to Raziel. She tried to take my hand, but suddenly, there was a burning pain that coursed through my body. I screamed in agony and fell to the floor. The black chains were around me, but this time I did feel the pain. Raziel stared at me in complete shock, wanting to reach down and save me, but there seemed to be an invisible force field around me that kept her out.
“I told you it was useless.” He laughed, and I turned over to face him.
“You see, I was waiting for you. I knew you were coming. The mysterious…” The burning became worse and I screamed again. He seemed to enjoy that.
“So I looked into your family. I knew that your parents had something in their blood. So I cursed them. I tried killing you many times, even when you weren’t born. But she was always there to protect you.” He said she with a burning hatred, and glared at Raziel. That made me angry
“So, I waited it out. I followed you. You see, I cursed your blood. I wasn’t supposed to harm you, but, there was a mishap in your formation. I spilled my blood in your mother’s blood before you were born, making your blood part mine. So that means that I can harm you all I want. You are my blood.” He looked down at me, but instead of me feeling weak, I felt angry. So angry that I broke free of the burning chains. The information that he just gave me was a mistake, now I knew.
“You made a bad mistake.” I pulled on my cross and it exploded into my sword. I took him by surprise and plunged my sword straight into his heart.
“Since I am your blood, that means I’m just as strong as you. Maybe stronger. Also, that gives me complete control over hells bounds. ‘A woman shall one day take reigns on hells horses.’. I quoted The All Mighty’s prophesies, and smiled. Lucifer stared up at me with shock on his face. I took down the wall, and walked to Raziel’s side, and she took my hand. She smiled at me with pride, and walked me to the gates of heaven. I left Lucifer there, watching us as we go.
We walked through, and I stepped in the arms of my Father.

Emma

Well, school today was interesting. I found out that Kevin and Maria are a bonded couple. They just didn’t know it.
Which meant now that I was the sort of single one.
Kevin and Maria skipped school today to go meet with the council or whatever. Truthfully, it think that they made that up and they are getting it on. You know what I mean.
Ah, two new love birds. It made me sick to my stomach. Plus jealous. Kevin won’t be spending much time with me anymore, since he now has Maria. Whatever.
I spent the whole day at school in Ms. Wallace’s office. I slept some, watched some TV, and ate a lot of cookies. Surprisingly, Ms. Wallace can make one dam good cookie.
When the clock ticked to 3, I hoped off the couch and went to the elevator. Zack and Amber were inside and were surprised to see me.
“Hey Emmy, what are you doing here? I thought you stayed home.” Zack said scratching the back of his head. He looked nervous and embarrassed. I guess I caught him and Amber in the middle of a make out session.
“Nice to see you too.” I pushed them out of the elevator and pushed one. They didn’t say anything else, and watched me with nervous eyes as the elevator doors closed.
Pieces of work, let me tell you.
There was about a gazillion kids outside when I got on the first floor. They all made way for me (thanks to my awesome manipulating powers) and I walked to the parking lot.
But mustang wasn’t there. In its place was a little note from Zack. I didn’t have to read it to know that he took my car because I still had his Lamborghini.
Little bitch.
So I transported to my apartment, and collapsed on the couch. Transporting takes a lot of energy out of us, for some unknown reason. I hated it. I wish I could transport all the time without feeling like passing out.
Oh and guess what? Justin was not home.

Maria

We walked down the hallway, I was holding hands with Kevin. It’s been two days after the transformation, and the group excepted me in without any hesitation. In fact, it was almost like I joined their family,
We all walked down, everyone’s eyes were on us. I couldn’t help but to feel awkward and out of place. I remembered when it was me who was pressed up against my locker, watching them as they passed by. Now I was one of the,.
It was dead silent as we passed through, If someone dropped a pencil, it would probably make every single one of us jump. Maybe not Emma, she never get’s scared.
Emma was holding hands with Justin, but it was as if they weren’t even in the same room. Emma’s face was expressionless, and Justin’s was just…. Dead. He looked like he was fighting something bad in his head, because his eyes were pained and his body kept twitching. Emma didn’t seem to notice. In fact, nobody seemed to notice, but I did.
Feeling my eyes on him, Justin glanced over to me. His eyes were patronizing cold. It stunned me, and I looked at the floor instantly.
This wasn’t good at all.

Emma

The truth is finally sinking in. Things are changing, and not for the good.
Justin isn’t here anymore. Somebody replaced him. Somebody cold and lifeless.
We are both trying hard to act as if nothing is wrong, but we both know something is very wrong. We try to look normal, and act like we are perfectly in love and happy, but the coldness is leaking through his soul like a wild river. I can’t bear to see him like this. How is this happening?
We both walked down the hall of the second floor, hand in hand, but the tension was there. It was almost unbearable to be next to him. The pain radiated through me, and the numbness continued to grow.
Kevin was beside me, eyes down, holding hands with his new bond mate Maria. I am happy for the both of them. Kevin finally has someone to love.
Actually, me and Maria will become very good friends. She is in some ways just like me. She is one of the most important people in the world. She is the key to entering hells gates. She entertains me with how odd she is. Her mind is very different from the rest of ours. I like her very much.
She looked up at me, and smiled grimly. She has to be feeling the tension between me and Justin, it was too obvious now. It’s just getting worse and worse.
“I have to go, I’m meeting up with Jophiel to discuss some stuff.” Kevin said, staring into my eyes for a while. The worry and pain on his face was making me feel sick.
“Ok, I’ll meet up with you later.” I said, glad that he doesn’t have to witness this anymore. I don’t want him to feel so bad for me.
“Maria is coming with me. So we’ll meet you at the center at 4. I love you Em.” He said the words slowly, emphasizing love. It brought tears to my eyes.
“I love you too, bro.” I chocked on the words, and I hugged him hard, letting go of Justin’s lifeless hand. The tension dropped for a moment. Maria nodded to me, and Kevin let go and walked away. I watched them as they walked slowly ahead, Maria resting her head on his shoulder and him gripping her closer to him. It killed me so much, seeing that. It reminded me so much of me and Justin. The pain grew even more. I looked at Justin, who was staring at them as well. I couldn’t take it. I took off running, half expecting him to chase after me, like he always would when I was upset. But he stood there, not moving. The cold in his eyes were burning with something that was mixed with regret and pity.
“I’m sorry you regret ever accepting our bond in the first place. I’m sorry you regret ever loving me so much.” I sent to him as I ran out the doors. I ran as fast as I could throughout the maze of the Gardens. I didn’t know where I was going until I reached the rose garden. The area shifted out of focus, and I was standing in Rose’s true garden. On the outside of the garden were orange and pink clouds, all circling the garden. There was a slight warm breeze, and roses were growing everywhere. There were little waterfalls, and when you looked up at the sky you saw the kingdom of Heaven and the Palace of The All Mighty. Rose’s garden was absolutely breath taking.
I stopped and fell to the floor. The garden gates closed, and I was alone in the Garden. She came to me, and kneeled next to me. She placed her hands on my chest and stomach, and began praying. Her soft face made it easier to breath.
“Why is this happening?” I asked, sounding like a little child crying out to her mother.
“Things happen for a reason, my rose.” She kissed my forehead and blessed me. I fell asleep in her arms, and felt at peace. She laid me in her garden of soft roses, and let me sleep until I was ready.

When I woke up, I was back in the rose garden. I sat up, and I was feeling better. But the pain was there when I took a deep breath. When I breathed, it made the nervousness and pain stir up, but it faded. My head was clear, and I was able to walk. I walked slowly out of the rose garden, and onto the path through the woods. The School was located on the outskirts of New York, and in the middle of the forest. The school was made in the early 1800’s and was home to a Priest. Legends say, that he was the first one made out of all of us, and he had extraordinary powers. But he disappeared off the face of the earth and left his home in perfect condition. That’s when Josephine found the building and made it into a school for children with ‘special’ talents, or kids who have a special future. Ever since then she has ran the school.
The school was surrounded by a forest and a maze of gardens. There are many little paths in the forest that lead to different locations. I took the path that led to the beautiful little pound. The moon was out, and I had nowhere to go, and I most certainly didn’t want to go home to see Justin.
I walked through the woods, and gazed up at the stars. They were shinning so bright tonight. It was a full moon, so I could see clearly.
Being what I am, I have many extraordinary gifts. I am in some ways an Angel in human form. I was made to help the All Mighty and the other angels in the final war. I do the angel work on earth and handle the bad guys on earth. We have super strength. I can through a rock about 10 miles from where I was standing. We have super speed, so we can run so fast that nobody can see us. We all have the ability to read, manipulate, and control human minds. It’s not very good, but it comes in handy. All of us have an Angel, who relates to us. My angel is the Arch Angel Michael. I am the strongest, and so Michael will be my angel. Michael is the one that looks most like The All Mighty. He is the one that rids the Heavens of evil and fought Lucifer and banished him from Heaven. He knows what choice I should make and He understands me, and helps me through everything. He is always there behind me, ready to put himself in front of a pointing sword for me. He gives me the best advice, and always helps me in a bad situation. Michael is pure of heart, he reflects the most on The All Mighty’s true power: love.
Justin’s angel is Gabriel, the second most powerful in Heaven. She is the bonded mate to Michael, and they team up together during a war. She, is more of the grace side, and the more prophetic. Just like Justin. Justin has visions of the future, and really he is like the messenger. He warns us when trouble is ahead, just like Gabriel.
Kevin’s Angel is Jophiel. He is the Angel of beauty and wisdom. And Kevin is most like that. He is so wise, and so beautiful and every way. Not just outside but inside. His spirit is so good to the core. But he never sees himself clearly. That’s what’s so beautiful about him
Maria’s Angel is Raziel. She is the angel of mysteries and the secrets of The All Mighty. Her nature is very unusual, and she is truly a piece of The All Mighty’s best work. Maria relates to her so well. Maria is so unusual, and so unpredictable. She’s going to be very powerful. Also, Raziel helps you figure out puzzles in your life, and has the power of Divine Magic. One day Maria will know how to master Divine Magic, which is impossible for the rest of us. She will lead us all to The All Mighty.
Zack’s Angel is Jeremiel. The mercy of The All Mighty. Jeremiel helps us with the future, and has prophetic visions. Zack is able to tell when changes are occurring, and when we need to change our course. He helps out with Justin’s team. But instead of visions he has prophetic dreams.
Amber’s angel is Raphael, and she helps heal people. Amber has the power of healing people when they are hurt, physically and emotionally. She has an extreme sense of vibes, and can heal your heart when it is broken.
Ms. Wallace’s angel is Metatron, for education and for the benefits of children. He protects children, just like Ms. Wallace. She is in fact the one who made the school for children with angelic powers.
But me and Justin share a special gift. One not like any other. We share Satan’s light. When The All Mighty stripped away Lucifer’s powers, he took away his light. The morning star’s light was token away, and given to the both of us. The morning star belongs to us. So we are the ones that brings the light.
And, of course, Satan is most defiantly not happy about that. He’s been after us for a very long time. But he hasn’t ever came close to even touching us. At least, I thought so.
I looked away from the stars, and something moved besides me. My reaction was fierce, and I pulled my sword instantly out. It exploded with the fire of Heaven, and lit up the whole forest.
“Who’s there?!” I yelled, the adrenaline pulsing through me. I heard a dark laugh.
Apollyon.
“I thought I recognized your sent. What are you doing here? Wondering around the forest on a night like this? Not very wise of you…”
“Speaking of wisdom…. How’s that plan of yours coming?” I tried to irritate him to distract him, but a smile spread across his face.
“Very well actually.” He took a step toward me. I raised my sword out to him.
“That’s not very nice. I’m not here to harm you.” He raised his dark hands over his head.
“Sure your not.” I spat
“But I am not.” He bowed down to say that he wasn’t lying. I eyed him suspiciously, not taking my sword down.
“Then what are you doing here?” I asked, and began to circle him. He stood up straight and began to circle as well, keeping my pace.
“To deliver the news.” He smiled darkly, and it sunk in. He was going to tell me what they did to Justin. He was going to tell me why Justin has the cold in his eyes.
“Your lover, has well, given in.” He laughed darkly. Shock coursed through me. I couldn’t breathe. I had to be dreaming.
“That’s impossible.” I shook my head fastly, but I knew he was right. What else would explain the dark cold in his eyes?
“Obviously, it is not.” He laughed again, and a shiver ran down my spine.
“He sold his soul to the devil.” Apollyon smiled full now, full of triumph. Shock filled me to the point where I screamed into the dark night.
“He cant!” I screamed, the pain ripped through me like a dagger stabbing my heart, and tearing everything else in my body. I couldn’t breathe.
“Oh, but he did.” Apollyon looked down at me, and flew away. I fell to the ground, and the rain started to fall. But I didn’t want to just lay there and do nothing. I had to get up!
I found my feet and took off. Where was Michael?
I ran with lighting speed through the forest. I found the road and sped to the City. I had to get home, and I had to get there now.
“Transport….” Michael’s voice whispered. So I slowed down, and transported to our penthouse. When I landed, I was so out of breath I almost fainted. I gripped the bed post and made myself breath normally. I looked up, and Justin was standing outside on the ledge of the window. I screamed when I realized what he was about to do.
“Justin! Stop!” But it was too late. He jumped off of the building, and I raced to look out of the window. But he wasn’t falling, he was flying. Dark, horrible, evil wings spread out from his back, and he soared through the sky. I had to go after him.
Michael was there, and I jumped on his back. We flew after him at a sped that was even faster than my highest speed. But my brain reacted quickly. We flew right behind him, and when I was in arm’s length from him, the sky exploded.
He led us right into a trap.
I reacted quickly and pulled out my sword. A war broke out, and all around me there were angels and demons fighting against each other. And I was right in the middle of it. I braced myself for the fall, but instead, Michael flew me somewhere I didn’t recognize. Actually he must of transported us there. We were in a temple, and he led me to two large doors.
“Emma, you must go in through those doors. He is waiting for you. I cannot go with you. I must go back to the war and help.” He kissed my head and disappeared. I stood there, completely out of breath, but I had to keep going. The adrenaline was pumping hard in my veins. I was shaking so hard with shock. But I pushed the doors opened, and stepped into a cloud room.
It was as if I was walking on water when I followed the path throughout the clouds. I was actually walking on a river, a beautiful shinning river. All around me was majestic clouds, and I realized where I was.
“Father.” I said. He appeared in front of me, arms open. I stepped into them, and he kissed the top of my head.
“My dear child, it is time.” He touched my back, where my shoulder blades were, and two beautiful graceful wings sprouted. I stood there in complete amazement and shock when I looked at them. They were absolutely beautiful, the tips were a beautiful gold, and the body was a stunning pure white. They looked so much like Michael’s wings, but they were so much more feminine.
“Go dear one, they are waiting for you.” He gestured to the floor, which was now the image of the war.
“Dive through it.” He said, and pointed to where Michael was, fighting Apollyon. So I did what I was told, and dove through the image. I found myself right next to Michael’s side and took action.
And I froze with shock. Followers were all around, mixed with the demons. And they all had wings. But I couldn’t stay shocked, so I jumped into action.
I fought hard, helping Michael. He looked at me with proud eyes, which made me want to fight harder. I helped Gabriel take out many demons on her side. I felt unstoppable. But that’s when he came.
Justin flew gracefully towards me, with arms wide. He had a slight smile on his face.
“Emma you are absolutely beautiful.” He sent to me. I shook my head hard, trying to get him out of it. He looked confused
“Don’t talk to me!” I screamed at him. All around us froze, and stared at us.
“Emma, please, hear me out.” His eyes were huge with guilt. I didn’t understand
“Isn’t this what you want?” I asked, my voice shaking
“No! I never wanted this. This was never my plan!” He sent to me, and I was shocked to silence.
I had it all wrong. The devil tricked him into doing this. Justin was just playing along. He was acting through the whole thing. He still loved me.
Hoped burned in my soul, and it gave me the strength to carry on. But I sensed Michael’s warning
“Don’t trust him.” He was trying to tell me. But I pushed it away. Michael flew in front of me, and raised his right hand.
“Please, can this be ended for tonight?” He asked Apollyon who was staring confusingly at Justin. His head whipped around to Michael and nodded.
“Yes, for tonight.” Then all the demons disappeared, along with Justin.
“Where did he go?” I asked, afraid they took him to…. I couldn’t even allow myself to think of it.
“He will be home when you get there.” Michael said in a flat, emotionless tone. But I was too excited to care. I took off to my penthouse and flew in the open window. I ran straight into Justin’s awaiting arms. He was cold and stiff, but he relaxed a little.
“Justin, no matter what I will always be here for you. No matter what. I won’t leave you.” I said through my teeth, trying to sound as truthful as I could.
“Emma, don’t say that.” He said, voice shaking
“Justin.” I made him look into my eyes. His eyes were cold.
“Promise me, that you’ll never let me go.” His eyes became guilty and scared.
“Em-“
“Promise.” He looked long and hard into my eyes, finally he said,
“I promise that I’ll never let you go.”

Maria

Justin and Emma were a no show at school again. Its April 18th, Friday. They’ve been out for three days.
“She’s losing her light…” Kevin murmured. We were sitting in the back of Chemistry class, hand in hand talking about what’s happening to Emma.
“I know…” I’ve notice how depressed Emma’s becoming. I didn’t really understand why, but I knew something was happening between her and Justin.
“I mean literally, she’s losing her light. Her and Justin own the Morning Star’s light, and that’s what their soul is made out of; light. Justin is….” He cleared his throat. “Breaking the bond, I think. So Emma is losing her light.”
Well, that shocked me.

I thought long and hard. If Emma is losing her light, where is it all going?
It has to be going somewhere….
I stared out of Kevin’s living room window, feet crossed in his lap while he watched ESPN. He seemed interested, so I took the time to think for myself.
If Justin is letting himself slip in the arms of the Devil, then the Devil must have some kind of control over his powers. So what if the light is going to him?
But that would mean that the Devil is gaining his power back. And that’s not good at all.
“Oh!” I gasped in shock. Kevin looked at me with confused eyes and raised an eyebrow.
“You ok?” He smirked.
“No! Kev this is serious! I think I figured it out!” I jumped up and started pacing. He grabbed my hand and pulled me in his lap.
“Relax. Now tell me.” I explained my theory and his eyes grew wide with shock first, than anger.
“We have to get to the council right now.” He pulled me off of the couch and raced me to the car.
“Wouldn’t it be easier if we transported?” I asked, gazing out at the growing storm clouds.
“War.” Raziel’s voice whispered in my mind. I shivered.
“No. We would be so out of breath and probably will faint.” He started the car and backed out of his huge garage. Kevin is really rich, so he owns a lot of nice cars. We took the mustang, and sped through the forest. He lives in a huge modern mansion on the outskirts of the city.
“Ok, well where is the council?” I asked, wondering where we were going.
“It is in the middle of the city. You’ll see.” We reached the edge of the city then and he started swerving in and out of the traffic at an illegal speed. But it wasn’t scary. Now that I was changed my brain reacted quicker, so going at fast speeds was easy. People were honking their horns angrily and using curse words as we passed them. Good old New York.
We reached Time Square and he parked in one of the parking buildings. Then he pulled me directly to the middle of the street, and hopped down in an invisible hole. He pulled me down with him.
“Welcome to the undergrounds.” He smirked at my shocked face and tugged me down the long white hallway. I couldn’t believe we just did that!
“How did you do that?” I asked, the shock in my voice was completely naked.
He laughed. “There’s a door in the pavement that leads us to here. Humans can’t find it, but to us it’s a piece of cake. You just have to know the password.” He looked amused by my complete confused stare.
“Well what’s the password?” He looked down at me, and grinned bigger.
“Please.” He sent me. It was my turn to laugh
“You have to be kidding me! That’s ridiculous!” He shrugged.
“Ask the council.” Before I could ask, he walked us through a huge archway, and we entered a stadium. There were four people standing on the stage, deep in conversation. When we got closer I caught on to their conversation.
“-Emma should be here! She’s not!” A strong, old males voice said angrily.
“Sebastian, have mercy for the poor child! Did you hear what has happened?!” A sweet females voice spoke. It got quiet for a minute, and everyone’s faces grew grim.
“I have. But she cannot give up.” The male voice spoke.
“Who said I was giving up?” Emma bursted into the room, scaring everyone. She simply looked at us and grinned.
“Sorry.” But it was obvious she was more amused than sorry. She walked easily to us, kissed Kevin on the cheek and hugged him tightly. Something passed through them, something private, and I looked away.
“Maria, how are you?” She asked me as she kissed both my cheeks and hugged me.
“Um, good.” She shocked me. Her face was completely happy. Kevin’s on the other hand looked confused and suspicious.
“Well my dear friends. What are we discussing today?” She strolled easily to the center of the stage where the other people were standing. Kevin tugged my hand and we followed after her.
The tallest male cleared his throat, obviously shocked that she was here. “Well, we were just about to discuss the plans for the next mission.” Emma nodded her head slowly, thinking.
“Well, it’s a rescue mission correct?” She asked, raising an eyebrow. She looked completely ok, like nothing ever happened. Shock came to me again.
“Yes, yes it is. They took a few of our people and hid them in Clock Tower Hotel.” The tall man said, gravely. She looked impressed.
“Well, I’m guessing that they will have the black ones surrounding the building. Bottom and top especially. If we are going to do this right, we are going to have to put up some strong disguises.” And they all started planning on the attack. Kevin joined in, as well as all the other leaders. Zack and Caroline came, and all the other teams. They all started preparing, and I was left observing them.
“Maria, you will come with me.” Emma said, not looking up from the diagram of the building laid out across the table. She was marking out the plan for the attack, and where everyone should be. When I didn’t say anything she looked up and smiled.
“You will do well. I need you.” She sent me in encouragement. Kevin came around to me and held me tight.
“Babe, you will do just fine. Actually, you’ll do great!” He hugged me and kissed me. I pulled away, embarrassed that people were watching. Emma’s eyes flashed in pain, but went back to work. Zack was saying “Ew, get a room!” and Caroline smacked his shoulder.
“They crack me up.” I said, shaking my head after them.
“He pisses me off.” Kevin said, glaring at his brother.
“Kev, it’s not that big of a deal.” I said, smoothing his hair.
He took a deep breath, and closed his eyes. “Your right, he’s just joking.” He smiled and I hugged him.
“Alright! Teams assemble!” A booming voice yelled. Suddenly everyone was shuffling and sorting out into groups. Kevin pushed me towards Emma’s group, and she took my hand and pulled me to her. She put her arm around me.
“I like you. You’re gonna be something amazing. “She said to me, her eyes shining with admiration. I smiled a shaky smile.
“Thanks.” I stuttered and she laughed.
“Nervous, huh?” She gripped me tighter. She stood at least a foot taller than me, just like Kevin. But Kevin was taller. Why does everyone have to be taller than me?
“Yeah, you could say that.” My voice shook a little, and she laughed.
“Don’t worry. Your instincts will react and you will be a natural.” She said with confidence. I nodded, and the whistle was blown.
“Team A! Let’s go!” She called to her team. Then we all walked to the hallway and up the stairs that led to Times Square. I was afraid that a human would see, but they all seemed oblivious to us. We walked to a huge stretched limo. I felt my mouth hang.
“Ok, Kevin, Zack, Amber, Maria, come!” She called. They all came forward, and she gave each of us a pearl necklace.
“This will disuse you completely, so that you will be unrecognizable to anyone.” I put the necklace on, and my image shifted. I looked at the others, and their image shifted as well. Kevin turned into a huge pro wrestler, Zack turned into what it seemed like a manager, Amber turned into a beautiful beach blonde lady with gigantic boobs and butt. She looked down and groaned. Emma shifted to a similar lady, but with even bigger boobs and a bigger but. She laughed. I looked down to see that I was the same, blonde hair, big boobs, and a huge butt.
“Daum Em! You look finnnnne!” Zack said, and Amber slapped him.
“You always have to be the pervert.” Kevin said, but it was obvious that he was laughing.
“Kevin we all know you are having the time of your life staring at Maria’s new boobs.” Zack said, and Amber and Emma started hollowing with laughter. Of course I started blushing scarlet red. Kevin didn’t seem mad, in fact he seemed to be very calm. That’s trouble.
“We all know that you keep a playboy magazine in your brief case. Oh wait, sorry only I knew that.” Caroline stopped laughing and glared at him.
“That’s the best you got bro?” Zack asked, grinning.
“Ok, if you two want to stay here and fight, I’m cool with that. We can do this without you.” Emma said as she got in the limo. Caroline came in after her, pulling me with her.
“Men.” She hissed to me. I had to laugh at that. Zack and Kevin came in too, Kevin sitting next to me in the front, and Zack sat next to Caroline. She rolled her eyes.
“Message my feet baby.” She crooned to him. Her voice suddenly became very sexy and very luring. She put her feet in his lap. He laughed.
“Sure, in your dreams.” He pushed her feet off and leaned back and stuck both his hands behind his head. He closed his eyes and pretended to snore
“Zack, you will go to hell.” She said. That was all it took for his eyes to pop wide open and grab her feet, took off her shoes, and started messaging her feet.
“Good boy.” She said as she closed her eyes and leaned back. Kevin and Emma started laughing.
“Bro, you have to be nice to your lady. She will kick you out, or worse send you straight to hell.” Kevin said laughing. Zack glared at him. Suddenly, something came to me.
“Where’s Justin?” I asked, and everyone froze and looked at Emma. Kevin gripped my arm. Emma simply looked at me and smiled.
“He couldn’t make it.” She said simply. Everyone stared shocked, expecting her to break down. But there was no sign of pain or anything wrong.
“Oh, and tomorrow night I want to go clubbing. Who’s all in?” She asked excitedly. Zack was the first to answer.
“Me!” He said, giving her daps.
“That sounds fun.” Caroline said, but she was cautious, and staring at Emma, searching.
“I’m in.” I said, trying to ease Kevin’s tension. He let go of my arm and leaned back.
“I’m in too.” He said. His voice was guarded.
“Perfect!” Emma said. She looked into Kevin’s eyes, and again something passed through them. I looked out my window and stared at the clouds, which were now completely black. This was going to be a ruff war.
“Yes…. It is…. Stay safe.” Raziel whispered. I nodded and looked back at Kevin. He pulled me close to his chest, and kissed my forehead.
“You will be fine. I’ll be right behind you if anything.” He sent me. I nodded again and kissed his cheek. The limo stopped.
“Ok everyone, act like you are famous!” She said, and someone opened the door. All around was flashing camera lights, and I realized that we must be disguised as someone famous. Emma stepped out first, then Caroline, and I then me, catching on to the pattern. We all stepped forward and then Kevin stepped out. The crowd roard with screams. He raised his thick new mucle arms and the crowd went wild. Then he stepped forward and put his arm around me and Emma. Caroline fell back and waited for Zack to come out. Then we walked into the hotel. And my God they were everywhere.
“Stay alert.” Emma sent to all of us. Kevin nodded and let go of us. He walked to the table and sat down. I guess he will sign autographs or something now. Zack and Caroline followed him and stood next to him. Then me and Emma walked to the elevator.
“The team is up there already waiting for us. Kevin’s team is handling the kids, we are handling the bad guys.” She said. The adrenaline started pulsing through me. She gripped her necklace, and I did the same
“Stay on me. Get my back. It’s going to be a mad house when we get up there. Caroline’s team is handling downstairs, but the real fight is up there.” I nodded.
“Em, someone caught on. They are coming up stairs now. What do you want us to do?” Kevin sent. Emma thought for a second.
“Send Caroline and Zack’s team up to follow them. Your team stays behind and watch out for any others.” She sent, and she pulled out her sword. I followed her lead and did the same.
“We are coming up now Em.” Caroline sent.
“Good.” She nodded and the elevator doors opened. The hallway was dark and cold, and we stepped out slowly.
“Stay right behind me.” She sent. I nodded, and my instincts kicked in. My senses went on high, and I was hyper aware of everything around me.
“Here we go!” She sent, and suddenly, at least ten demons came out of the shadows. Ciaos broke out and we took off into battle. I surprised myself. I fought with great strength and grace, taking the demons by surprised. I did what I was told and had Emma’s back the whole way. But boy, she was something else. She took off like a deadly bullet and fought with such strength and grace that it was seemed unreal. She was an Angel, an Angel of faith and hope. She proved that we could win. She gave me courage.
All around was screams and dark voices. We took down everyone. When we reached the end of the hallway, we froze.
The wall was completely gone and we were exposed to the real war. Outside, the Angels fought the demons, and I never been so scared before in my life. They were so much bigger than the demons we just fought. They all had huge black shredded wings, and piercing red eyes. But the Angels were bigger. They had huge beautiful white wings, and their beauty was unbelievable. Absolutely breathless.
Emma stared, wide eyed, at Justin, who had wings of a demon, but a face of an Angel. He was fighting, and my God he looked unstoppable. He stopped and looked at Emma. Something passed through them and she nodded and took of down the hall.
“Maria find Kevin!” She yelled after me and she disappeared. Frozen with complete shock it took me awhile to figure out what she said. But before I had the chance to take off, a Demon crashed into the building, knocking me off. I was sent spiraling down to the city, and I knew it was over. I was going to die.
Kevin.
Oh my god. Kevin! He’s going to kill himself! What am I going to do?
But just then, someone caught me. Raziel held me in her arms and dropped me off on the sidewalk. She didn’t say anything and then flew right back up into the war. I stared up, shaking from head to toe. I couldn’t breathe.
“Maria!” Kevin came racing after me, his image shifting back to his true form. I looked down at myself and saw that I was back to normal as well.
“Kevin! You’re never going to believe-“ Something smashed into the back of me. I watched as I fell, Kevin’s beautiful face twisted in complete shock and agony. I closed my eyes as I fell to the ground, something heavy and jagged pinning me there. I heard something snap, and then everything when black.

Emma

I stood on the roof, waiting for Justin to come. We planned it all out, but he isn’t coming through with the plan. What is taking him so long?
I kept my sword ready, in case something or someone came after me. The adrenaline kept pumping, so I knew it wasn’t over.
I knew Michael was warning me to get off the roof, but I had to wait for him. I couldn’t just leave without him.
I took a long deep breath. The war was slowing down, and the storm started calming. Where is he?
“Justin? Where are you?!” I sent to him. No answer. This is getting maddening. Why is he doing this to me?
“Justin! I can’t wait for you forever!” I sent.
“Go then.” His voice was ice cold. Instead of it shocking me and making the numbness coming back, I got angry
“God dammit I will not wait!” I took off to the sky, looking for him. But everyone was gone. The war was over. He was gone. I dropped back down to the roof, and felt so angry I could’ve wrecked the whole city.
“You must calm your nerves young one.” Michael whispered. I took three deep breaths, trying to calm me. But I stayed on edge. This is so not like him! Why is he doing this to me?!
“Emma!” I heard Zack’s voice calling for me. I turned around and saw him racing towards me. “Emma! Maria! She’s really hurt!” I saw the image in his head, and I froze
“Oh my God.” I whispered. No. She can’t be hurt! This is all my fault! I took to the sky and flew as fast as I could to Kevin’s penthouse. When I reached his porch, I saw Amber leaning over the bed, repeating blessings over and over. Raziel was there, Maria’s angel, and so was Raphael. Raphael was saying the blessings as well. I walked slowly through the doors, Kevin looked up, tears streaming down his face. Neither Caroline or Raphael looked up, but Raziel did, and her eyes were full of anger.
“No.” I sunk to the floor. Her body was covered in bruises and blood, and she looked so…. Broken. This could not be happening. Why was I being so stupid? I was so selfish and left Maria alone. I should’ve known. I shook my head back and forth as the tears started streaming down. I laid my head on the bed and began to sob.
“I am so, so sorry Maria.” I whispered.
“For what?” Her weak voice asked. Me and Kevin’s heads snapped up to stare at her with wide eyes.
“Oh Maria.” Kevin said, leaning over and kissing her bruised lips softly.
“Kevin I’m fine.” She pushed him off. Caroline breathed a long sigh of relief. Raphael pated her back, relief in her eyes as well.
“Em, you don’t have anything to be sorry for. It isn’t your fault at all.” She said, smiling weakly. But that only made me feel even more guilty, if that was even possible.
“But you are so young. I just…. Just…. Left you there.” I felt so sick of myself. Kevin go up and walked over to me.
“Emma, you did nothing wrong. You told her to find me. It was all part of the plan.” He hugged me tight and I pulled away.
“No. I was being so selfish.” I said, the truth coming out.
“What? How were you being selfish? That doesn’t make any sense.” He said, confused. He tried rubbing my back but u shook him off.
“Cause! I was meeting with Justin! We planned the whole thing. He said to meet him on the roof and we will fly away somewhere to get out of the war. So I believed him of course. I didn’t think about…. About Maria. I was being so stupid.” I sobbed into the bed. Maria pated my shoulder.
“Ok now you’re being stupid. Emma, it’s ok. It isn’t your fault.” Maria said, her voice growing stronger and stronger with each word she said. I looked up into her eyes.
“You are so…. Odd Maria….” I said, but the guilt was fading. She really meant it. She didn’t think it was my fault even if I was being selfish.
“Em, you weren’t being selfish. I would’ve done the same.” Kevin said, lifting my chin so I could look into his eyes. He wasn’t upset at all.
I sighed. “But….” I looked back at Maria who was looking almost normal.
“But nothing. Go get some rest in the next room….” She saw the look on my face. “Or, you can sleep on that couch over there….?” She pointed to Kevin’s soft black couch. It made me tired just looking at it.
“Haha, just go.” Kevin pulled me up and walked me to the couch. I laid down and he draped me with a long, white blanket. I fell asleep instantly.

Dreams feel so much like reality, which is a very bad thing, when you’re stuck in a horrible nightmare.

I sat, on top of a tall building, looking down at the sleeping city. I could tell that I was in New York.
I was waiting.
But what I was waiting for will not come. He will never come. My anger grew. I began to get confused.
He promised me that he would come. We would fly away to a faraway place and figure everything out. We would try to fix this. Instead he doesn’t come. At all.
Is that a sign? Is God telling me that it’s too late? I stood up, and glared at the dark sky.
“I will never give up.” I said, to whoever was there and whoever was listening. I took off toward the sky.
I flew, not knowing where I was going. I felt like I was going around and around in a circle, a confusing, small, repeating circle. I grew frustrated.
But then I realized what it meant. It meant that no matter how much I try, I will keep coming back to this point: Him gone.
He is gone. He will never return.
I then fell, fell from the sky. Fell from myself. I watched as I fell, my old self looking back down at me with sad eyes. She watched me fall, into a black bottomless pit.
That’s when I woke up.
Kevin and Maria were still passed out, cuddled together on his bed. They looked so peaceful. I didn’t want to wake them up, so I left the room quietly. I creeped down to his kitchen to make me some eggs, but someone was there, sitting on the couch.
“I wondering to myself If you would ever wake up.” He said, eyes sad.
“Well, I was tired.” I said in a flat monotone. His eyes grew full of regret.
“Stop! God please just stop! Stop giving me those eyes!” I had to lean over to catch my breath. He had me spinning in circles.
“What did I do?” He sounded confused.
“You need to stop acting like you want me. You have to stop telling me that you’ll come, when we both know that you won’t.” I said, my voice going in and out of a whisper.
“Emma, you stop it. You know in your heart that this isn’t what I wanted. If I could-“ His voice broke. He cleared it before he could speak again. When I looked up at him, he was looking out at the window, tears streaming down his face. He was in pure agony. I walked to him and rapped my arms around him, holding him tight to my chest. His breathing was raged, almost like it hurt him to breath.
“I know….. I know.” I held him while he cried, and prayed to God that it wasn’t the last time we’d be able to hold each other. I wish that we never brake a part, but I knew the light was dimming. We were running out of time. He seemed to realize that too.
He stared into my eyes, burning with eagerness. He kissed my neck, slowly and desperately. He ran his hands all over my body, memorizing so that he could remember what it felt like.
But then I got desperate. I could hear the clock tipping. Slowly, making myself take my time because this might be the last, I kissed his neck. He shivered as I ran my lips to his jaw and kissed deeply there. I kissed his mouth passionately, making him breathless.
“You’re….. Mesmerizing.” He said completely out of breath.
I don’t care that in the morning I’ll regret it, and we kept kissing.
“Don’t.” The voice whispered, but I ignored. But Justin froze.
“I have to go.”
And my world collapsed.

Maria

I walked slowly to the club, my hand in Kevin’s. He looked grim.
“I don’t like this at all.” He looked up at the sky, which looked like hell itself was on it’s way.
“Bro, we need to find Emma.” Zack said, worry strong in his voice. Kevin nodded.
“Well, I’m right here.” Emma said from behind. We all whirled around to see her dressed in black strappy heels, a black sparkly dress, and hoop earrings. Her look was perfect for a night out in town, but her face told a different story. She looked up at the sky, with sad eyes.
“Where is he?” Zack said, surprisingly angry. Me, Kevin, and Caroline all stared at him in shock.
Emma on the other hand, looked completely eased. “He will be late.” She smiled, all signs of sadness gone. How does she do that?

“I ask the same question all the time. She is really good at just, pushing all her feelings away and put on a normal face. She could be the best actress in history.” Kevin sent me. That made my stomach drop. He knew what was going on in her mind; he knew what she was hiding.
“It’s worse than I thought.” He sent. I wanted to run to her and throw my arms around her. But she looked so happy.
“Well if Yall want to stand out here in complete silence and wait for the rain, go ahead. I’m going to get a drink and dance.” She walked gracefully to the club’s doors and walked in. Amber was the first to follow. Then I followed after, and so did Zack and Kevin. Caroline walked over to her, and put her hand on Emma’s shoulder.
“How late will he be?” She asked, casually.
“I dunno….” Emma shrugged just as casually. Amber nodded and walked off to use her cell phone outside. She pulled me along with her while Kevin stood next to Emma and Zack sat next to her at the bar. They both looked very protectfull. Emma laughed.
“You guys need to have a drink.” She said as the bar tender walked over to her. She ordered something I couldn’t make out, and lost sight of them as we walked outside. Amber was already dialing.
“Yes, may I please talk to Ms. Wallace?” She asked the person on the other line.
“Thank you.” She waited patiently. “Hi, something is happening with Emma.” She said
“Yes, exactly that.” She nodded, her eyes growing wide with pain. She nodded again.
“If it’s possible, it might turn out to be-“She chocked, her eyes filling up with tears. She cleared her throat. “An emergency.” I caught on then, and my eyes started filling up. I haven’t known Emma for long, but I already count her as a sister.
Amber said a silent thank you and hung up the phone. She looked down at me.
“Zack is picking up some….” She looked at the sky then back down at the ground. She didn’t have to finish.
“Why is this happening to her?” She asked, pain in her voice. I didn’t have an answer so I hugged her. She gripped on to me, sobbing.
“She’s been my best friend for decades, you don’t know what…. What it’s like seeing her go through this.” She spat her words angrily.
“He’s a monster.” The look in her eyes told me that she would gladly hunt him down and kill him. A shiver ran down my spine.
“We should go inside.” I said, and she nodded. We walked in, and she went to sit in Zack’s lap.
“Where’s Emma?” She asked, scared.
“Bathroom.” Kevin said absent mindedly as he sipped his beer. But something told me that she wasn’t there.
“I’m going to talk to the DJ.”I said without waiting for replies. I walked to the bathroom, and sure enough she wasn’t there. Panic struck me.
I walked faster out of the bathroom and to the back door, the crowd making it impossible for anyone to know where I was. The beat of the song was loud, making it seem like it was my heart pumping through the speakers. I began to get really nervous. I pushed my way through the crowd and out the back doors and ran through the ally way to the street, where I knew I would find her.

Emma

How could you do this?” The rain fell harder. Thunder shook the earth. Lighting struck a tree, causing it to burst into flames. The demons roared with laughter and cheers. It felt as if the hold world was collapsing. My angel held me tighter.
“It was just meant to be.” His voice was ice cold, and the Devil behind him smiled. I fell to the ground and the tears fell harder than the rain. My whole body shook with agony. I didn’t know the man I was looking at, the man I have been with for almost a century was gone, replaced by a cold demon
“Who are you?” My voice broke, and the sky ripped into a brutal storm. It was like all hell broke loose.
“I am who I’ve always been.” He looked down at me pitifully. It felt as if he was kicking me hard in the stomach, over and over. Cut after cut, I took all the pain he was giving me. I looked into his cold hard eyes. I wanted to run to him and fly him somewhere safe, somewhere we can just forget this and be normal again. I wanted to save him from this. My angel held me even tighter.
He turned his back and his dark wings spread open, ready for flight
“Don’t leave me.” My voice was a broken whisper, but he heard. He turned his head to the side. For a second his eyes said sorry, and were full of regret and pure agony, but just for a second. But I saw it.
“I’m sorry, but this is all part of the plan.” His cold voice said, and he took off into the cold storm. I screamed. It felt as if I was being ripped into shreds. My soul was being ripped out of me.
The demons all rang in victory, for they have broken the brightest. The devil himself threw his hands in the air and acted as if he was thanking the lord. All around me was falling apart, and I started to fall myself, into a deep darkens, with nobody there to catch me. As I fell, I watched him fly away from me, Forever.

Maria

“-The worst storm we ever seen in New York brought hundreds without power, and as reported, twelve dead by lighting and flash flooding in the city. What was unusual about this storm was that it was so unexpected, reporter Jazmine Holmes will you explain to our viewers how this storm took us all by surprise-“ Zack turned the TV off and put his head in his hands. Amber stared angrily out of the window. Kevin was leaning over the kitchen counter, staring blankly at the floor. I was, well I didn’t know what I was doing. I just kept looking back at everyone’s faces, not knowing how I felt just yet. It wasn’t sinking in.
I was there for the whole thing. I watched him….. Him… Leave her.
I shuttered. How could he do that?
I remembered her face when I ran over to her to help her. Her face…. Her expression…. There’s no words for it. I will be haunted for life.
I lifted her up, in my arms, and ran her back to the back ally way of the club. Kevin already knew, and they were all waiting for us. When we reached, everything fell to pieces.
She’s upstairs sleeping in Zack’s bed. We all stayed at Zack and Amber’s City apartment, since is closer to everything.
Suddenly it all came crashing down on me. What if she will never wake up? I felt horrible pain for her, and leaned over and cried silently. It would be selfish for me to sob and cause attention.
“I’m going to go check on her.” Amber whispered and rose from the window. Zack got up to go with her, leaving me alone on the couch. They ran fastly up the stairs in a matter of seconds.
Kevin came to sit next to me. He leaned on my shoulder, and I hugged him close to me. He was the one that was going through the most hurt. Emma is a sister to him.
His breathing shuttered a little, hinting he was about to cry. I held him tighter.
“Emergency Meeting, Now.” Alastair’s voice said into all of our heads. Amber and Zack were instantly in front of us, waiting for us to get up. Kevin got up slowly, taking me up with him. He needed me for support. We all walked out of the door and to the elevator.
“Is she healable?” Kevin asked softly, a hint of regret in his voice.
“I don’t know yet….” Amber’s voice was broken. The tears returned to my eyes.
What if she will never wake up? The question came to my mind again. What will we all do?
It was silent in the elevator, but it was a loud silent. All of us were radiating pain and grief for Emma. It was a long elevator ride down.
Finally the elevator doors opened, and we walked out to the huge parking lot.
“Hey, let’s all take the escalade.” Zack said, opening up a huge white escalade door. We all then followed his lead, and got in.
The ride through the city was faster than the elevator, but still just as painfully quite. None of us said anything. The only sound was the quiet buzz of the car, and us breathing.
We reached Times Square, and Zack parked alongside the street. We then proceeded to the middle of the square, where Kevin opened the doors. We walked down the stairs and to the meeting.

“But now, since she is on “vacation”, who’s going to be in charge of her team?” Kenyan, one of Emma’s team members asked. Alastair thought for a while before he answered.
“I guess Michael will. You are going to have to stay connected with him.” Alastair said. Kenyan, along with the rest of her team members nodded.
“When will she be back?” Jenner, one of her most prized team members asked. His voice was soft and sad. I gripped Kevin’s hand harder when he stiffened.
“I don’t know…..” Alastair said, and even him looked greatly sadden. His ancient face was mixed with anger and confusion. I’m sure he isn’t the only one who was confused.
“What has happened?” Ms. Wallace asked. She had just arrived and had not heard the news yet.
“Emma-“ Alastair began, but Kevin stood up and cut him off.
“She was broken. Justin broke the bond.” Kevin said, his voice full of hate and anger, rather than pain. It frightened me. Everyone gasped, and Ms. Wallace had to grip the wall for support, her mouth making an O.
Kevin got up and walked out of the room. I followed after him, avoiding all the horrified stares. I followed him out into the hall way, not knowing what to say.
“I’m going to kill him, I swear to God I’m going to kill him.” He closed his eyes, fighting hard to control his fast breathing. I crushed my body to him, trying to calm him.
“Kev, if I was Emma, I wouldn’t want you to do that. Cause if that was I was in her situation and that was you….. I would still have hope.” I made him look into my eyes.
“Maria….” He closed his eyes and took a long deep breath. When he opened his eyes again the rage was gone, but they were sad instead. I wondered what my eyes looked like.
“Your right….” His voice broke. I held him tighter to me, as he leaned weakly into me.
“I hate seeing her like this.” Tears spilled out of his eyes and onto my shirt. I didn’t care, I was just desperate to help him.
“But she is chosen. Something like her can’t be totally broken. She will rise again. She will find a way to fix herself again.” He looked up, and in that moment he realized that I was right. In that moment, he realized that this will be something bigger.
“She will want revenge.”