THE playground | Teen Ink

THE playground

Talks about rape, sex, foul language,and drugs

It was February, that fateful day in February would change Alia’s life. First a bit of background leading up to that terrifying February, Alia had been best friends with Alastor since she moved to that small town from across the country shortly after the end of 3rd grade. Alia and Alastor were a grade apart but only 15 days apart by birth this often had Alastor, the older of the two, picking at Alia often saying ”poor baby girl so young I remember when I was your age.” or something similar.

When Alastor moved up to middle school without Alia he began to fall into drug use despite all of Alia’s protests he refused to quit all through middle school the two remained as close as ever and began dating outside of the friend group from elementary school thus growing the friend group they were in.

The summer Alastor moved on to highschool Alia started dating Ellis who attended the same district but a different school. Alastor was always trying to convince Alia that Ellis was only with her for her body and to use as arm candy at his football games,this should’ve sent a signal off but it didn’t, Alia was convinced that Ellis was a terrific guy occasionally a bit controlling but she didn't seem to there was a problem with it let alone how large of a problem Alastor seem to try and make it out to be.

The summer before Alia stated her freshman year of highschool she became ill and decided to break things off with Ellis as to not drag him through sickness all summer. However a lonely, bed bound Alia reached out to Corwin to find comfort and as summer went on they grew closer until ultimately they ended up trading photos and when they were caught they both became grounded from each other and grounded to their own house for the rest of summer. School started up Corwin and Alia decided it would be best to return to their separate crowds and Alia began to hang out with Alastor again after not seeing him all summer. Much to Alia’s delight Alastor said he quit smoking and all drugs over the summer. Now that we’re all caught up to that school year here comes the lead up to the crash.

September had rolled around and tickets for homecoming had just gone on sale. Alia didn’t really want to go by herself or really at all but Alastor insisted that Alia attend her freshmen year homecoming so she agreed to go as long as she found a date. Three days later she walked into class to slight whispers and a tunnel of teens leading up to Alastor who was hold a sign reading “Won’t You Be My Date To Homecoming?” although Alia didn’t really wanna go to homecoming with him she said yes as to not embarrass him. So Alia and Alastor go shopping for homecoming and buy tickets for the dance.

It’s now October and homecoming was finally here...if only it was a good night for Alia. The dance itself was okay at best but later that night was what stuck with her for that night. It was Alia’s first time alone in a Significant Other’s car just the two of them, and it was a negative time. Alastor started to

drive home and Alia fell asleep in the seat only to wake to something between her legs, to her dismay it was Alastor’s hand she didn’t know what to do so she pretended to keep sleeping. When she got home she asked him about it and he pretended not to know what she was talking about.That night he called her and said “I need some space for a bit to think there’s just a lot going on at home” Alia begins to doubt that and thinks its her figure and works out every chance she got trying to lose weight.

November. Alia and Alastor dated again till Thanksgiving break when Alastor texted Alia “It not working anymore LOL sorry I need “space” jk I just don’t like you like that I got what I wanted homecoming night tight p***y baby girl But yeah we over” Alia cried all night but was scared what others would say so the told no one and fell into depression.

Snow fell in December Alia kept her distance from Alastor for the first half of the month and then he apologized and they began dating again right before winter break Alastor tells Alia “ I can’t do it any more with your bipolarness” Allia wept all through winter break.

January’s crisp air brought the two back to each other apologizing for all they had done… well Alia apologizing to Alastor for not being enough and not making sure he was okay all the time and the rest of the month went fairly normal...at least for that pair.

February... the month of love to showcase your love for someone for all of your friends to see or not...it was Valentine’s day Alastor made a huge deal of the overtly simple gift he gave her: an old guitar pick, a note he wrote real quick “I’ll always have love for you”, and a candy wrapper to tie it all together. However when Alia gave him her homemade italian sponge chocolate sponge cupcake he simply said

“ew your giving me food? How could you be so cheap?”. Later that day he apologized and she bought off on his “ Im sorry”