They´ll Be Saying My Name | Teen Ink

They´ll Be Saying My Name

I got this Idea for Sarah Maas when she finishes series I got upset and thought way don I write a series that ties in with hers? so I did. I hope you guys like it. 

This is part of the chapters you'll find out more threw out the story keep reading. 

¨Kandra tell me a story.¨ , said the youngling, as I wrapped my arms around the sweet child. As I stared at the never-ending fire.

¨This is a  story of the best living warrior Queen who changed her world with magic burning in her veins. Ruling two realms at once.¨

¨Really, that sounds hard.¨ said the child, pulling up the blanket around us.

¨most people think that this is a boring story but it is not. It is beautiful, romantic, heartbreaking, heroic and murderous all at once. You ready child?¨ I explained, drawing the kid closer to me.

¨Ready!” she replied.

Mother had told me to hide and not to watch, but I couldn't turn my head away. I had to go help her, but my legs were glued to the ground under the bed. After my parents were killed, the murderer stood to look around, making sure he left no living creature. Then it walked out with a dead laugh. I shivered, holding my cousin close to me. After what seemed like hours we got out of our hiding place, making sure that the monster was not there waiting.

¨I´ll go find help. You stay here and don't move.¨simon said getting up to his feet.

¨no! Please don´t leave me here!¨I said, shivering once more of fear.

¨I have to, ¨ he said, hugging me, holding me tight. ¨Cousin, No matter what happens, I will always find you.¨

Then he dashed out, almost slipping on blood at the doorway. I sat there looking at my parents, lying dead on the floor and began to cry. I had to get out of here, the smell of blood reeks it was killing my nose. I got up and went to find any other living in the palace. That's when I saw him, no… more like smelt him. He reeked of blood, the blood of my parents and the blood of my lovely maids. I ran, I ran as fast as I could, down ten flights of stairs and out the kitchen door. I ran till I hit the mountains since I was fae I could run as fast as a cheetah. I ran away from my home, Sahraipalios, and towards Sullinger. When I passed the mountains I cried. I cried till I had no more tears, After hours of crying, I rested. I fell into a dream.

¨Work for it, even harder till you get sweetheart. Work hard, for us.¨

The next day I went to the castle town, I did not live in the town, I only visit on daylight, but as night falls, I go to my den in the forest. Every day for about three weeks I would beg for food. One day I was walking around when I felt someone following me. I tried to lose him in the crowds but he stuck on me like glue, So I cornered him.

¨What do you want?¨I said, grabbing a wooden stick on the ground.

¨That is none of your concern.¨ he said, backing towards the back wall voice dead flat.

¨Oh ho, it is my concern if it involves me.” I replied, shoving the stick into his gut. Glaring as he lunged at me I swang my stick knocked him out.  I ran towards the woods not looking back. Even if he saw where I went, would have killed him if he got even two feet away from me. He might have been my parent's murderer, I don't want him to kill me too.

She left me, I've lost my only family that I am close to. I should have waited with her when she told me to stay. This can't be happening.

I fell to my knees and cried, I cried till I went dry and my voice went week. Oh, Siren.

My Siren, she was like a little sister to me, this can't be true. Siren would have come back to me. Then the sent hit me, the scent of fear and blood. The creature that killed her parent´s. I felt her panic and run. That's why she left, because of him, the murderer. I will find you Siren no matter what stands in my way. I will fight whoever gets in my way. Siren will never give up so will I? I made a promise and I will not break it even if it means dying to save her. She is my Queen. I am two years older then siren when she was born, at first I thought that she was going to be annoying, you know… like the brother-sister kind of way. But when she started to laugh I know she was born for a reason. And I was only two years old.  

****

One of my memories hit me, three years ago when siren turned four and I was six. The day of her mother birthday.

¨Simon, why did they name me Siren?¨ she asked, looking out the window.

¨Because the moment you opened your mouth as if to cry, you laughed so beautifully that they were hypnotized. Sirens the ruler of the seas.¨i replied looking up from my book, smiling.  Siren smiled dangerously, purple eyes ringed with blue glowing with fire. She was a curious person always asking questions. Siren was a skillful child when it came from magic and combat. She was the rarest of the faes, she had all of the magic. Fire, water, air, creatine, destruction, Earth, metal, you name it. My powers are the power of lighting, pathetic but if it means that I get to be close to my cousin, then I will do whatever it takes. I will find her, even if it kills me. Siren.

My Queen,

My Cousin,

My sister,

My world.

I knew from the moment I saw those eyes, that face. I knew because I saw those eye in my dreams, more like a vision.

¨In three weeks time, you shall meet thy Queen whose eyes glow of purple ring with blue, face of the beauty goddess herself. Thy Queen is only seven years of age, take her memories so when thy time comes, she shall remember.¨ the dream goddess said in a sleepy whisper.

I've watched her for weeks, getting to know her. I watched her long night glossy black hair flow behind her as she ran toward the woods. I waited till it was nightfall to go see her. I walked in the direction that she ran and found a large den. I walked in quietly. She was fast asleep on the den floor with a large beaten up blanket around her. Her fire crackled, as it broke the wood.

I took my scissors out and cut a strand of hair and took out my cup and spoon. I started to freeze the hair, Once frozen I crushed it in the cup, then started to crush it until it was nothing but dust. The next step was to tear, I need her tears to seal the memories. I whispered in her mind, stirring up sad memories that she started to cry. I took the tears and filled the cup. I froze it into a never-melting necklace. Once it's broken she´ll have her memories back.

¨Who are you?¨ she asked as I started to turn around.

¨ I am here to take you home. I will be your stepfather. Okay, Kandra.¨ I said, turning towards her, making up a random name for her as I spoke.

She smiled, and got up and hugged me.

¨I´ll get my stuff, father.¨ she said.

Father. I've always wanted a daughter. But I could not think of the chance of getting married. I want a child for myself and know I got one. I will teach her all I know, I teach her how to be an assassin.

¨Ready to go Kandra Maxisavor Hidravon?¨I said, trying out the name. Kandra gave me a big smile and said, ¨take me home.¨