Leading with strength | Teen Ink

Leading with strength

By MajesticSunglasses, Topeka, Kansas
MajesticSunglasses, Topeka, Kansas

Well it looks like I am just gonna have to keep moving or else I am going to end up falling. Again. Jokes on life, I am not gonna stay down!

- I, myself

This is a story i decided to make up because I just felt in the zone to create something that I could feel would help at least to help uhhh could help start my own little I guess you could say my own little passion for writeing or creating things. I love to use my imagination or make up senarios that could happen......well I really hope something like this DOESNT happen. Its an "oh well" kinda thing. I Definatly would love to write more or even make a sequal OR I would loveeeee to make this into another webtoon series....Speaking of webtoon series im probably gonna work on that soon anyways hope y'all love this story uwu LOVE YOU BEAUTIFUL PEOPLES. 

Avery P.O.V)

When I was a little girl, I was smart, odd, different, and all I wanted was to fit in. Now. Now was the time in need. The world needed strong leaders. Strong faithful leaders. So where do I fit in? I mean at this point in time, like a twenty-year-old. I'm currently a lieutenant general. Nobody really notices I'm there.

“Hey, Avery?” I quickly looked at the clock, I then realized it was Hour one. I was sitting up on my bunk, returning my senses to the real world. ”Avery, are you still awake?” It was my Battle Buddy. My Komrad. My Friend. “Yes, Silvester?” I replied in question. “I'm scared,” Silvester had a frightened tone. “What's the matter?” I questioned with sympathy. I quickly got up off my bunk, using the ladder and I Looked at Silvester. He had golden-brown eyes with tints of turquoise. His hair is short, and soft. I Stroked his silky hair softly. “What happened?” I asked again.”I had another nightmare and when I awoke, there was a little young boy staring at me.” He replied as a tear trickled down his face. His face in mental distraught and agony. I put my hand on Silvester’s cheek and looked at his beautiful eyes.” don't worry, nothing can hurt you as long as I’m here.ok?” I told him.” ok”.

Though he was nineteen years old, he was like a frightened youngster. I find it slightly odd, that we are only a year apart. I felt as if I had some family, Silvester was my only friend. Even the soldiers here enjoyed to pick on me and question me. When I was younger my father died in the military from a brutal beating. My mother. Mother. Mother. My mother was a Strong medic. She had been poisoned for resisting. She resisted, being treated from her own depression. I watched from the inside of the cabinet. I was 11. Since then it was haunted in my Dreams.

“Avery? You zoned out for 6 minutes straight, anything on your mind?”Silvester was trying to get my attention. ”nothing really, try to sleep would ya? you never know when we have to wake up.” I explained as I climbed back into bed.

~  HOUR 4,59 MINUTES SEPTEMBER 10 YEAR 3001 ~

I had only slept 3 hours before I was awoken by my watch, blaring what time and day it was. I had gotten used to it over the 5 years I had been in the Military. I had eaten breakfast with the rest of the Troops. I had noticed Silvester wasn’t in the spot he was at. I turned around and across the bases cafeteria room. I saw A group of men who were surely older than Silvester bullying and harassing him. I ran towards them and I could Feel the anger and frustration building up.”HEY, WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE!?” I screamed at the group of men. They laughed.” heh, WHO do you think you are?”They mockingly replied back.”I am Avery Darnel for your information” I used a stern tough voice. I could hear Silvester crying. The men continued laughing.”I SAID QUIET!  THAT IS LIEUTENANT GENERAL DARNELL TO YOU!”.The men went silent.”Thank you,now go finish your food and I expect for you to report back to me and do 60 pushups.”The men walked off,looking really pale.I hugged Silvester,and noticed he had a black eye.”what did they do to you?” I had asked concerned,he started to tell the story.

~Hour 9,30 minutes september 10 year, 3001~

Me and the troops were marching as usual when my watch told me I had an incoming message.The general of the army.Bad news probably.I told the sergeants to continue leading the march for me.I sprinted to the base.And than accepted.The hologram of the well-built man with broad shoulders appeared.The hologram looked so real,You would think they are actually there.”Greetings Lieutenant General Darnell.As you may know there is a battle going on in New York,Between U.S and North Korea.They are asking to send our unit into New york to help civilians,and the other unit deployed there.”The general of the army,had a blank expression.I had to keep my expression blank.

~Hour 19,2 minutes september 10, year 3001 ~

I led my soldiers,to the city on some helicopter,I could not estimate how many there were.I had around twenty to forty-five thousand soldiers.Thats how much My unit is made up of,my unit is also known as corps.We quickly went into hiding, once we landed.I could hear explosions off in the distance.I was running around the battlefield. What had once been a nice city had now become covered in ash and sad corpses.I was explaining the strategy to my unit.

It became hour 10,And I begin to run because I knew I could be killed right at this second.And then,that's when I felt the warmth at my side.Than there was a shooting pain in my side.I clutched my side with my free hand.And than I fell,I had fallen into the memorial for nine eleven.And landed with a thud.My leg was in so much pain.I knew I was going to die.

I couldn’t move either.I was stuck,and nobody knows where I am.

Around 15 minutes later,I noticed someone get down.The hair and eyes looked similar.Sylvester was there standing,and then ran to me.He moved my head,I blinked.”Silvester”.I said his name,He looked at me.”LIEUTENIANT GENERAL DARNELL!”He said,”You don't need to address me formally”I spoke with a raspy dying voice.”no,no,no,no,no don't die on me!” he cried.I crawled closer towards,him and I reached my hand up.”Silvester Gage,You should gather the unit that's still alive.Get outta this country and get the allies.Leave me here we don't have time.Because the North Korean soldiers Are Hitting and running,they are also hiding and well shooting.”Than the next thing I knew I passed out.

(Silvesters P.O.V)

I think she just died,her hands were really cold too.I began to cry silently,as I found a way out.I gathered the unit we had.We only had ten thousand soldiers left.I wiped away all my tears.I explained to them,that Lieutenant General Avery Darnell was dead.Than after that I told them what she wants us to do,and what the North Koreans are doing.

Hour 3,1 minutes,september 11,year 3001

We were up in the helicopter and I began to write.

“To:Avery Darnell,

You are the best person who I had ever met.But what would I do now?I met your sad expression,from which your hands become a colder temperature.I wanted to help you,do something but you left before I could..Rest in peace

~Silvester Gage

As the helicopter passed I threw it.That was my last paper.

L. Evans  stands for Lisa Evans. Shes my WW2 BASED OC ( OC stands for Oringinal Charactar) lol thought she would be intresting to kinda have that left there. 

Hour 6,5 minutes,september 12,year 3001

This all started because we had a small argument with North Korea and it escalated quickly.But I guess I had to stop thinking about that conflict.

We were getting closer to where we were going.I was feeling more and more emotions than ever.I felt sad still mourning the loss of my comrade,best friend,mother figure,and well my lieutenant general.She was one of the few that kept me fighting,and going.Than I felt someone’s warm hand on my shoulder.”Hey!Snap out of it!” I heard someone say.I came back,we were there.

Hour 7,10 minutes,september 12,year 3001.

I was running,I was being chased through the woods and then I went fell and slid somewhere beneath a tree.The person chasing me had shot at the tree as they silently cursed beneath their breath.When i heard their footsteps faintly I get out from under the tree to the otherside.

I widened my eyes,for what I saw was very old.There was a plane there,it was very small and covered in vines.It looked like it was from a thousand years ago.I looked back behind me at the tree and there was a small writing on it so I began to read it.”L.Evans,1942.Crashed,1 injuried not severely and one dead.”I shuddered at the eerie message.I looked back at the plane.I quickly decided to explore.There was a damaged helmet and headset.It was extremely old and half decayed.It was nowhere near advanced.I do not know very much of the era that was written on the tree.I also have no idea who this L.Evans person is.

I heard footsteps behind me.I turned around quickly terrified.

There were 2 men shouting in korean.I fell quickly and the next thing I knew, I felt an unrelenting pain.I felt warmth down my neck.Blood.I was bleeding from my head.I panicked,but I knew I had to stay calm.I muffled out the feeling of being afraid.

I felt my body being dragged across the floor,I felt so much pain but I couldn’t move either.Later on,all I know is that I felt tied up in a chair.I couldn't hear very well but someone had bandaged my head.Someone was in front of me in this dark room than the blind fold was removed.There were to men that stood before me.One was very muscular and worn a uniform.They other small,sorta shorter and was just wearing a white shirt and cargo pants with some boots.They both had an odd haircut.I looked at them longer until they spoke “hello,American.”The taller man spoke with a thick korean accent.”whatever is your name?”He asked in a strong dominant tone.”s-silvester gage”I stuttered out my name.”Silvester?Ey,so what brings you here?”He continued questioning me.”I was...looking for a base,an American base.After my lieutenant general died,I needed to see if she wrote down documents or typed up documents of who will be lieutenant general next.”I replied quickly.

Something in the corner of the room caught my eye.I looked over a little bit,I think it was a person.It looked odd though,I couldn't tell the gender and the leg looked off.I looked back to the men.The next thing I knew every light went off and I heard the men yelp.

When the room went dead silent ,the interrogation light above me flickered on.I saw a shadow in front of me,I can tell it was feminine by the shape.She seemed to be slim,oddly familiar.I squinted my eyes.She seemed to walk closer till she was in the light.I know that face,warmth streaked my cheeks as I began to cry.”lieutenant general A-A-avery D-darnell! I ...thought ...you...d-died…” I cried harder. ”Shhh ...stop addressing me formally.” She replied in a soft tone.” I got help ...one of the medics found me,before I was fully dead.I was approximately 3 minutes from dying.Its going to be ok”I saw a small splint on her leg,that was probably helping her walk.I continued to cry.

She untied me from the chair,and helped me up as much as she can and hugged me. ”It's going to be alright.” She told me reassuringly. She still felt warm. She didn't feel dead.My tears slowly dried up.”alright we must leave quickly.” She went behind him and started pushing him towards the exit. They left as fast as possible .

Hour 0,transitioning between the day September 12 and september 13 of the year 3001.

She continued prompting me to Continue moving on.When we arrived at the base,she explained everything that had happened while I was gone.She Smiles,her eyes tearing up a little as she pulled out a piece of slightly messed up paper.It was covered in ash, and the edges were slightly burned up. Then she spoke,”I found this,You are one sweet kind hearted person to write this.Even if you thought I died.” I smiled a little.

Why do I love these two charactars so much! I MUST DRAW THEM! .....I must make a webtoon for them....

(3rd P.O.V)

Hour 6,April 3 of the year 3012

Silvester was turning 30 years old today,he also went out of his military career and pursued his dream of being an artist.Silvester and Avery lost contact.Avery got out of the military as well and was already 31 years old. 

It was an early morning day,when Silvester took a walk by a small stream of water. The leaves were falling but they were surrounded by many sakura trees.So the leaves were a beautiful pink. Avery was on a bench,Silvester knew that face once again and ran to her and picked her up pretty much hugging her.Silvester had grown taller over the years,he chuckled.”Avery!” ”Silvester?” “Yes, it's me silvester.” They both smiled,knowing they found each other again

He set her down,as she grinned “You have gotten taller.I see,well and i'm obviously still the same height.How have you been?”She asked.Silvester smiles “I been well,My career as an artist is doing me good.”Avery looked at the suit he was wearing.”I see,also you know all the ally contracts have been put back together.”She smiled.”although there is not very many soldiers in the military any-”Silvester gently put his finger over her mouth to quiet her before talking to her .”let's not talk about that...We have other things to talk about.”He smiled.

HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHHEHEHEHEHE >:)

(narrator P.O.V)

Silvester  in the future becomes a local artist and Avery eventually quits her career. Silvester and Avery had lost contact but soon regain contact when silvester was taking a walk ( as seen in the last scene). They were EXTREMELY happy on remeeting each other. Soon they had fallen in love and Eventually get married. Isn't that lovely? Whats even more lovely is that they have 3 children together. All three are boys with the names Silvester, James, and Jamie. James and Jamie were well as you may tell were twins. The youngest being named Silvester jr, after his father. They all lived a pretty happy family. After a while Avery wound up being a nurse. Avery was a well respected nurse and Silvester was starting to become a popular artist. The Twins were known for being sweet but little pranksters and Silvester jr. wasn't very well known in school for he was very shy like his father.