Full of Dreams | Teen Ink

Full of Dreams

By nvelez8, West Peoria, Illinois
nvelez8, West Peoria, Illinois

I don't know what career path that I want to take. I know that whatever path I take wil be successful no matter what. I am just hesitant because I like a lot of different things. 

As the sun was starting to set Aierianna gets off of work and heads to her therapist office. She goes to see her therapist every Friday at 6 o’clock. Once Aierianna arrives at the office she waits in the waiting room for at least five minutes before being called back. As the therapist and Aierianna walk back to the room the therapist asks, “how have you been Aierianna?” 

“I have been doing good doc. How are you doing?” Once they reach the room, Aierianna takes a seat on the couch.  

“I have been doing great actually. Thank you for asking. So what's been going on?” as the therapist replied.

“Well doc to be honest with you I keep having this same dream and I don't know what it means.” as Aierianna looks at the therapist with a concerned look. 

“Okay well why don’t you tell me about the dream you have been having.” as the therapist grabs a pen and a notebook. 

It was my day off of work and it was a beautiful sunny day. I went out for a walk at the park and as I was walking a lady caught my attention. She is sitting on the bench looking sad and I just had a feeling like she might need someone to talk to. As I am walking up to her I start to feel nervous that she won’t talk to me or think I am some creep. I keep pacing back and forth. Once I make it to the bench and get a recognition of her face. I start thinking to myself, “Is this me? She looks just like me. Am I tripping?” I finally got the courage to say something to her, “Hi, sorry to bother but first I just want to say I hope you don’t think I am a creep or anything. While I was walking you caught my attention and you looked like you needed someone to talk to. Is everything okay?” 

“Yes, I am okay. Thank you for asking. I was just enjoying the sunlight.” as the mysterious person replied.

“Oh okay glad you okay. If you don’t mind, what's your name?” as I asked her.

“Sorry my name is Aierianna.” as she replied. 

“My name is Aierianna as well. WOW, that is so crazy that we have the same name.” as I tried to not look so shocked but I was so mind-blowing. I'm thinking to myself, “Oh my gosh this girl has the same name as me.” “Well, are you wanting to go get something to eat with me?”

“Sure that would be nice. I don't have anything else to do today.” as Aierianna stood up from the bench with a smile on her face. As they are walking trying to figure out what they should eat I spot Panera. 

“Do you like Panera?” as I turn to look at Aierianna. 

“Yes I love Panera.” as they both walk into Panera and start looking at the menu to figure out what they should get to eat. I ordered a broccoli cheddar bread bowl with a french baguette as the side and a chocolate chip cookie. Aierianna ordered a cup of tomato soup and a grilled cheese sandwich. We both got water to drink with our meals. We chose to sit over by the window of Panera. After they both take a couple of bites of food. 

“So Aierianna, what's the career that you are pursering at the moment.” once we sat down I asked her. 

As Aierianna replies, “I am an interior designer. I love my career decorating houses. and making people love their homes all over again. Also for them to not make the decision to move to a different house makes me love my job.”

“I am glad you enjoy your job. Where do you stay?” as I replied after finishing swallowing a bite of my food.

I stay where the NBA Rockets play. I love it, yeah there is a lot of traffic at times and one thing you mainly have to look out for on the road is the drivers. They have really bad drivers.” 

“Dang--,” in the middle of my sentence. As another person walks up to our table, 

“Hey sorry to interrupt you guys---,” as I look up I notice this lady looks just like me as well. 

“Would you like to join us?”

“Sure, that would be lovely.” 

“What's your name?”

“Well my name is Aieranna.”

“What do you do?” 

“I am a party planner.” as I am thinking so now we have party planner Aierianna and interior design Aierianna.

“So party planner Aierianna, where do you live?” 

“I live where the football team the dolphins play. The state with great palm trees and where you can put your toes in the hot sand” as party planner Aierianna makes eye contact with both of us.

“Do you like it there?” 

“I love it there, the weather is beautiful and I am chasing my dreams.”

“How is your party planning business going so far?” 

“It’s going well. I love making my clients happy and seeing that shocked look on their face when I have created something that they couldn’t imagine. I am also sometimes worried if my clients are going to love what I created or hate it. I want to get my name out there more. Also the chance to travel with my business.” I was getting ready to ask party planner Aierianna  another question when another lady caught my attention.

“Excuse me mama,” as I got out of my seat and followed her.

“Yes,” the lady replied with a high pitched voice and turned around slowly.

“Would you like to join me and a couple of other females?” 

“Sure, that would be wonderful,” with a smile on her face as both of them walked back to the table. 

“Hey, everyone my name is Aierianna,” as she introduced herself to the table. 

“We are just going around and just talking about how our lives are,” I explained.

“Well I work here at Panera and I stay here in the P, as we call it. We also barely have anywhere you can go to have fun.”

“Okay, do you like it here?” as party planner Aierianna looked at her with a concerned look.

“Yes, I like it here. I get along with most of the people here and they give me the hours that I am looking for. I don't like living here but whenever I get the chance I would move somewhere else just don’t know where yet,” Panera Aierianna smiles. 

“Well I am glad you like it here. Hopefully you figure out where you're wanting to move to,” interior designer Aierianna looked up at her. 

“Do any of you have kids?” I asked. 

“Well I have just one beautiful daughter and she’s 9 years old,” interior designer Aierianna explained with a big smile on her face.

“No, I don't have any kids at the moment,” Panera Aierianna then answered after interior designer Aierianna. 

“I have three children, two boys and one girl. My oldest son is 21. My middle son is 19. Last but not least, my daughter is 18 years old. My kids are my everything. I would do anything for them. I am proud to be their mother. They have accomplished so much,” party planner Aierianna explained with a lot of joy in her voice.

“Do any of you own any animals in the family?” as Panera Aierianna asked the next question. “I own a german shepherd and his name is Apollo.” 

“Oh my goodness, yes, and I like my two dogs. I own a german shepherd as well and a husky…My husky’s name is Skye and we named our german shepherd Asteroid.” party planner Aierianna told the table with excitement. 

“I don’t have a dog at the moment but me and my boyfriend have been looking for a golden retriever.” interior designer Aierianna explained. “Do you guys have a significant other?” 

“No, I am not in a relationship but if the right person comes along then I would consider being in a relationship with someone,” panera Aierianna explained with a little bit of doubt in her voice. 

“Yes, I have a husband and we have been married for 5 years now. We have been together for 10 years. I love him so much he does so much for me and makes sure that we are always straight. He is literally my ride or die.” party planner Aierianna smiled. 

“Awnn I am so happy for you. It's amazing that you have found your soulmate.” as me and party planner Aierianna stood up so that we could give her a hug.

“I've had such an amazing time with you guys. I can't believe you guys are thriving so much. It's really only up from here you guys have worked so hard for the lives that you all live,” as we got up and threw away our trash and said our goodbyes. As I am getting ready to walk out I then realize that I didn’t get any of their numbers to check up on them every once in a while. As I turn around to see if they are still here. They were gone that quick.

“Aierianna , Aierianna, Aierianna.” I hear the therapist, but isn’t really quite focused.

“Oh my gosh doc I am so sorry for taking up all your time. I can’t believe it’s really late. I need to head home”, as I grab my purse and shake the therapist's hand.

“It’s okay Aierianna. I appreciate you telling me your dream.  Have a goodnight and we will pick up where we left off next time.” as the therapist walks her to the door.